RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Michael Haneke On #MeToo: “The Witch Hunt Should Be Left In The Middle Ages”

Oscar and double Palme d’Or winner Michael Haneke has become the latest prominent European artist to lament what he calls a “witch hunt” in the wake of the #MeToo movement. Speaking with Kurier, the Austrian filmmaker said there is no question that “any form of rape or coercion is punishable… But this hysterical pre-judgment which is spreading now, I find absolutely disgusting. And I don’t want to know how many of these accusations related to incidents 20 or 30 years ago are primarily statements that have little to do with sexual assault.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebr ... d=SK216DHP

:roll:

The #metoo haters need better metaphors. They can begin with actually thinking about what they are saying before opening their silly mouths.

Witch hunts were yet another state-sponsored way of socially controlling women.

There aren't any "witch hunts" going on in #metoo, any more than there are lynchmobs or mob rule sidestepping due process.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 am 
Policy Wonk

what if the person fired is innocent and has daughters to support? maybe he will never find work again, if he is an administrator with a golden parachute he will be ok his daughters will go to college and maybe steer clear of a life of low wage jobs and vulnerability to sex harrassment but if he is working class and can never work again what becomes of them? I dont think metoo intends this but it doesnt guard against it either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 am 
Board Emeritus

DJT weighs in on due process.

:problem:

Attachment:
djt-due-process.jpg
djt-due-process.jpg [ 88.9 KiB | Viewed 294 times ]

:roll:

Says the guy who still thinks the Central Park Five should get the death penalty. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Due processors do not care about due process.

Last edited by carmenjonze on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 am 
Board Emeritus

what if the person fired is innocent and has daughters to support? maybe he will never find work again, if he is an administrator with a golden parachute he will be ok his daughters will go to college and maybe steer clear of a life of low wage jobs and vulnerability to sex harrassment but if he is working class and can never work again what becomes of them? I dont think metoo intends this but it doesnt guard against it either.

Are you pandering to gender?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 am 
Policy Wonk

no not pandering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 am 
Board Emeritus

So should Weinstein and Wynn still be at their jobs? Yes or no?

It's a simple question.

Admittedly, I did not come up with the phrase, but I'm nearly positive that I got it from one of my white nationalist buddies. It just fits so well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:16 am 
Board Emeritus

So should Weinstein and Wynn still be at their jobs? Yes or no?

It's a simple question.

Of course not but don't forget or discount how obvious their guilt is. What about the common guy whose guilt or innocence is not so easy to determine. That guy is totally branded for life even if at a later date he is exonerated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am 
Policy Wonk

Of course not but don't forget or discount how obvious their guilt is. What about the common guy whose guilt or innocence is not so easy to determine. That guy is totally branded for life even if at a later date he is exonerated.

which guy? Which guy are you talking about? Who was unfairly accused? Don't get me wrong..... I am dude.... I work..... there are women where I work.....Hell..... I went through the tailhook navy era...... I have an extremely foul mouth.... I cuss and drink like a sailor.... cause i was one for over 20 years..... you know what has never happened to me....... regardless of how vile my vocabulary is??????????

Nobody has ever confused my vile vocabulary with me being a fucking creeper! While I have had people ask me to cool off on the "f"-bombs..... nobody has confused that with being a creeper.

WTF you talking about Willis?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 am 
Policy Wonk

Dear John Engler: Step down before MSU contract OK'd

Quote:
...........Dear John,

It's time for us to part our ways.

You've held the position of Michigan State University's interim president for less than a week, and you've already politicized the office in which you've been asked to serve.

You don't get it. This isn't about you. This isn't about your little tiff with Michigan's Attorney General Bill Schuette. This is about the victims, students and faculty at the MSU campus. Furthermore, we don't care who you endorse in this election or any future election. It's not why you're there.

Transparency in any relationship is desirable. Sometimes it's a top to bottom housecleaning that's needed. Sorry John, but you're not the one to do it. The Larry Nassar documents and any pertinent information concerning his activities at MSU (and those who were aware of them and did nothing) should have been given to legitimate investigative agencies long ago. Have you asked the board what they knew and when they knew it? Probably not,

Then there's your background. As governor, you left office prior to resolving the sexual abuse scandal that rocked the state's prison system during your tenure. Couldn't take care of it then and we're asking you to do what for MSU? In and out, nobody gets hurt? Feels like you're subjecting us to a bank job.

Since we're parting our ways, there's one more item for us to address. The future. We're looking for someone who can clear the university of any bad actors that may still remain and restore the moral decency that's been trampled. How are you at clearing things up? Does Dow Chemical and 2002 ring a bell?

Near the end of your term as governor you were on board with a plan to subject the citizens of the great state of Michigan to a ninefold increase in the allowable levels of dioxin that Dow Chemical produced in Midland, Michigan. We all know what dioxin is. It's a pollutant that causes great bodily harm. Sound familiar? Thankfully, you didn't get your way then and hopefully not now.

We have no faith in you or the board's choice in choosing the next president of Michigan State University. We have no faith and it's because of you.

Sincerely,

Perry T Pendleton
Maybee, Michigan

MSU’s board of trustees, who should have resigned when former President Lou Anna Simon did, will finalize Engler’s contract on Friday — unless Engler steps down for the good of the university and the good of the state.

Thank you, Mr. Pendleton. For those of us who all feel the same way:

Dear John Engler: You've done much to hurt the state of Michigan. It’s not too late to do something that helps: Correct the board's mistake and step down before your contract is approved this week. You will have the thanks of a grateful state and more than 200 women and girls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Of course not but don't forget or discount how obvious their guilt is.

What makes their guilt obvious?

Quote:
What about the common guy whose guilt or innocence is not so easy to determine. That guy is totally branded for life even if at a later date he is exonerated.

This, from the person who gets more upset from somebody being called racist than at actual racism.

The two mentalities are the same, and yield the same results: perps are victims; perps go free.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 am 
Board Emeritus

How is their guilt obvious? Trump calls for due process. Sam and Motor City call for due process. Of course, they won't answer any questions about it.

You call for the status quo, where the women are seen as lying bitches.

Think for a minute about Clarence Thomas. Remember that Anita Hill gladly took a lie detector test, and Thomas refused. But when she spoke out, she was vilified, her sexual history was questioned, and called every name in the book.

This is the status quo you continue to demand. But the rules are changing, and the game isn't going to be rigged in favor of assholes any more.

Admittedly, I did not come up with the phrase, but I'm nearly positive that I got it from one of my white nationalist buddies. It just fits so well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 am 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Due process -- did Trump call for it for the Central Park Five? I mean, even after DNA evidence showed them to be innocent, Vigilante Don was still calling for them to be executed.

Did he call for it in the case of Conyers or Franken? It seems women are only brave and to be heard when accusing Democrats - but not Trump or his staff.

When Trump was chanting to loud, screaming mobs "Lock her up!" (not, I would note, "investigate her" or "prosecute her"!) was he offering Hillary Clinton due process? (I would say refusing to accept the results of investigations into the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and her email server is another refusal of accepting the outcomes of due process).

In short, yes, I know this observation is in the water is wet category, but Trump, when it comes to due process, is again a rank hypocrite.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

MSU interim president: ESPN report 'sensationalized packaged reporting'

Quote:
..........Engler, the former Michigan governor, reserved the later portion of his email to send strong words at ESPN about its investigative story alleging a culture of sexual assaults and violence against women by players on Mark Dantonio’s football team and Tom Izzo’s hoops team over the past decade. Engler did not name either coach by name.

“Finally, I viewed with great concern a recent ESPN report that gathered considerable national attention in no small part because it showed a promotional graphic of our head football and men’s basketball coaches with Larry Nassar,” Engler wrote. “This was a sensationalized package of reporting that contained allegations and insinuations that we are now reviewing. The coaches were asked to refrain from comment while the reports were examined. That has been a burden that must be lifted. I hope that MSU can soon respond in full and affirm the integrity and probity that has been the hallmark of these two respected coaches.”

ESPN's media relations division issued a brief statement Tuesday evening about Engler's comments: “We stand by our reporting.”

ESPN published an Outside the Lines story on Jan. 26, about two hours after Mark Hollis abruptly announced his retirement as athletic director and two days after Lou Anna K. Simon announced her retirement as MSU’s president.

In its report, ESPN detailed 16 football players and five basketball players who were alleged to have committed sexual assaults and/or violent attacks on women. A Free Press investigation, which began in 2017, also published that day and identified three previously unreported sexual assault reports involving six former players, bringing the total to 11 players involved in six alleged sexual assault reports during Dantonio’s tenure that began in 2007.........

MSU Faculty Senate votes no confidence in Board of Trustees

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Due process -- did Trump call for it for the Central Park Five? I mean, even after DNA evidence showed them to be innocent, Vigilante Don was still calling for them to be executed.

Did he call for it in the case of Conyers or Franken? It seems women are only brave and to be heard when accusing Democrats - but not Trump or his staff.

When Trump was chanting to loud, screaming mobs "Lock her up!" (not, I would note, "investigate her" or "prosecute her"!) was he offering Hillary Clinton due process? (I would say refusing to accept the results of investigations into the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and her email server is another refusal of accepting the outcomes of due process).

In short, yes, I know this observation is in the water is wet category, but Trump, when it comes to due process, is again a rank hypocrite.

Trumps idea of what due process is, is more than likely something to do with the process of sending bill collectors after people who are past due in paying him money. :|

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Trumps idea of what due process is, is more than likely something to do with the process of sending bill collectors after people who are past due in paying him money. :|

Should Rob Porter have been removed or forced to resign? Yes or no?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Somebody at the NYT has been reading GoU's posts

#MeToo Has Done What the Law Could Not

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Should Rob Porter have been removed or forced to resign? Yes or no?

Was he forced to resign? Yes or no?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Somebody at the NYT has been reading GoU's posts

#MeToo Has Done What the Law Could Not

#MeToo is good for the country. There may or may not be a co-optation for witch hunting around the edges, like Franken only worse, but the general thrust is toward empowerment of women and dragging a nasty little secret out into the withering sunshine. It's my kind of politics, striking at the roots rather than the upper branches of the tainted tree.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

None of these perps are victims, including Rob Porter. He had no business getting as far as he did but hey, it was just women he was smacking around.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, but I said removed or forced to resign?

Why won't you answer the question?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, but I said removed or forced to resign?

Why won't you answer the question?

In the case of Porter of course yes because the evidence is overwhelming and indisputable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

In the case of Porter of course yes because the evidence is overwhelming and indisputable.

Oh I don't know - a photo of a black eye isn't overwhelming. Of course, he IS guilty, but could it be proven in court?

Maybe. It'd be tough.

That's how predator males have operated for years. Don't have any witnesses, and it's her word against yours, and men like you tend to believe the men and not the women.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Oh I don't know - a photo of a black eye isn't overwhelming. Of course, he IS guilty, but could it be proven in court?

Maybe. It'd be tough.

That's how predator males have operated for years. Don't have any witnesses, and it's her word against yours, and men like you tend to believe the men and not the women.

So every man who is accused is guilty? Sorry, but we both know people who were falsely accused of bad behavior. Just as we both know people who were guilty as can be. We cannot have a guilty until proven innocent standard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

So every man who is accused is guilty? Sorry, but we both know people who were falsely accused of bad behavior. Just as we both know people who were guilty as can be. We cannot have a guilty until proven innocent standard.

So, you are NOT in favor of Portman being removed or forced to resign. His story is his exes are out to get him, a story I'm sure you're willing to believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next