RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Big Perv Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

In an interview with DailyMailTV, the 87-year-old Shatner said he felt that the #MeToo movement is taking some things out of context.

Yep. Clearly things like this.

The ending of this clip is so appropriate.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Donald Trump Signs Overhaul of Anti-Harassment Law for Members of Congress, Staff

President Donald Trump has signed legislation overhauling the process for responding to claims of harassment on Capitol Hill.

The measure signed Friday night updates the reporting and resolution process established as part of the 1995 law that governs workplace harassment and discrimination claims in Congress, dubbed the Congressional Accountability Act.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/ ... ress-staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Philadelphia cop caught having sex in a car threatens bystander and uses racial slur

The Philadelphia Police Department admitted one of its homicide detectives is under investigation after a social media video surfaced of him using a racial slur and finishing having sex with someone in a car.

CBS Philadelphia reported that PPD Capt Sekou Kinebrew said there is “an internal investigation regarding a video that surfaced online” the week prior.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/philad ... ifications

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Changes to Utah Democratic Party’s anti-harassment policy aim to plug ‘loopholes’ exposed when a former candidate was accused of sexual misconduct

About 18 months after a prominent candidate for chairman of the Utah Democratic Party was accused by multiple women of sexual harassment, the party has adopted a new anti-harassment policy that seeks to address some of the “loopholes” in the old one.

Shortly after Rob Miller, the party’s former vice chairman and treasurer, was accused by seven female Democratic activists of multiple incidents of sexual misconduct in June 2017, he dropped out of the race and left the party.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... emocratic/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:50 am 
Board Emeritus

State moves to formalize laws governing sexual assault investigations

Attorney General Tim Fox is asking the state Legislature to strengthen Montana law to better deal with sexual assault investigations.

The state attorney general’s office is still crafting the legislation, but the goal is to put unofficial changes into law, mandating that hospitals send the kits to the state crime lab, allowing victims to keep track of the status of their kit and changing how cases are prosecuted in court.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/n ... 412ac.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Florida Senate agrees to pay aide $900k in sex scandal

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida's Republican-controlled state Senate agreed to pay $900,000 to settle a complaint filed by a high-ranking legislative aide who accused a former GOP state senator of sexual misconduct.

The settlement between Rachel Perrin Rogers and the Senate was reached last month, but the details were not disclosed publicly until Thursday. Under the settlement terms, Rogers agreed to resign on Jan. 4. She was a top aide to Sen. Wilton Simpson, who had been the Senate majority leader when Rogers first complained about the behavior of then-state Sen. Jack Latvala.

https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/F ... 507039.php

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Entire staff resigns at Burlington-area sexual assault support center

An escalating labor dispute at Chittenden County’s main sexual assault support center led to the resignation of the entire staff Friday, leaving the future of the organization in question.

The eight staff members at HOPE Works, a nonprofit that supports sexual assault survivors from emergency response to ongoing therapy, walked off the job on Dec. 15 after victim advocate Lucy Basa was fired allegedly for calling the board of directors “comic book evil.”

https://vtdigger.org/2019/01/04/entire- ... enter/amp/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:08 am 
Board Emeritus

Entire staff resigns at Burlington-area sexual assault support center

An escalating labor dispute at Chittenden County’s main sexual assault support center led to the resignation of the entire staff Friday, leaving the future of the organization in question.

The eight staff members at HOPE Works, a nonprofit that supports sexual assault survivors from emergency response to ongoing therapy, walked off the job on Dec. 15 after victim advocate Lucy Basa was fired allegedly for calling the board of directors “comic book evil.”

https://vtdigger.org/2019/01/04/entire- ... enter/amp/

That story has interesting loose strings and coattails:

Quote:
"The staff opposed a plan to sell part of the organization’s land and share a driveway and parking lot with local developer Eric Farrell. The staff members said the plan was a rotten deal between Farrell and board member Yves Bradley, a commercial realtor who was involved in the Burlington College debacle, and would undermine their efforts to create a safe and private space for survivors."

That part I set in bold is a link: https://vtdigger.org/2017/08/24/defunct ... ays-judge/

From that story:

Quote:
“You got me,” said Yves Bradley, the former chair, when asked why People’s might seek such an order."

“I’m done. No more, that’s it. There’s no more board, there’s no more Burlington College,” Bradley said. “At this point People’s United is Burlington College.”

-----

"People’s bought Burlington College’s remaining property, a 1940s brick addition to the former St. Joseph’s orphanage, at auction this summer for $3.1 million. The bank is expected to sell that building to developer Eric Farrell for roughly the same price."

"Farrell had already purchased the rest of the former Burlington College land and is seeking Act 250 environmental approval for a massive mixed-use residential project on most of it."

Yves Bradley and Eric Farrell are involved in both of these stories tail of “comic book evil.”

Jane Sanders appears to only involved with the Burlington College debacle. But this will more than likely lead to a recap of the whole sordid affair in the News because of the Sanders link to it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:51 am 
Board Emeritus

New York Police Closes Investigation Sexual Assault Claims Involving Mario Batali: Reports

The New York Police Department has closed three sexual assault investigations involving chef Mario Batali, according to the New York Times.

A NYPD official told the NYT, “the charges in two of the case were beyond the New York State statute of limitations, which was lifted in 2006, but not made retroactive,” while the third allegation was dropped due to lack of criminal evidence.

https://people.com/food/mario-batali-se ... ns-closed/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Senator Kevin Ranker, D-Orcas, resigns from his position amid allegations of sexual harassment

News outlets are reporting that Washington state Sen. Kevin Ranker, D-Orcas, has resigned after an accusation of sexual harassment.

“As you may have read, an employee of mine from ten years ago, Ann Larson, reported that she felt mistreated by me,” Ranker said in a press release on Jan. 13. “I am deeply sorry for any stress I caused her and I sincerely apologize. I wish her peace.”

https://www.islandssounder.com/news/sen ... arassment/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Training to prevent harassment held at Colorado Capitol

Throughout 2018, several Colorado lawmakers were accused of crossing boundaries - be they harassment or using the wrong bathroom - and officials on Tuesday held an optional seminar to help those at the state Capitol understand what constitutes harassment.

For Ben FitzSimons, the legislative human resources administrator at the Capitol, that meant starting with the basics. The first bullet point on one of the first slides of his PowerPoint lets everyone in attendance know that "Harassment = bad".

https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... 418154cc3b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ballet dancer Sergei Polunin fired following homophobic rant

Royal Ballet-trained dancer Sergei Polunin has been dropped from a major upcoming production of Swan Lake after posting a series of homophobic and sexist messages on social media.

Described by The Times as “the world’s most notorious ballet dancer”, Ukrainian-born Polunin wrote on Instagram that gay men “need a slap” and other male dancers need to “man up”.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/98975/ballet- ... hobic-rant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ballet dancer Sergei Polunin fired following homophobic rant

Royal Ballet-trained dancer Sergei Polunin has been dropped from a major upcoming production of Swan Lake after posting a series of homophobic and sexist messages on social media.

Described by The Times as “the world’s most notorious ballet dancer”, Ukrainian-born Polunin wrote on Instagram that gay men “need a slap” and other male dancers need to “man up”.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/98975/ballet- ... hobic-rant

Someone ought to notify him ballet is the wrong line of work if he doesn't like gay men

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Clergy is out as well.

:|

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

John Engler to resign as MSU interim president after survivor 'spotlight' comments

Michigan State University interim president John Engler submitted a letter of resignation Wednesday after making comments published last week suggesting some survivors of Larry Nassar's sexual abuse were "enjoying" the "spotlight."

Dianne Byrum, chairwoman of Michigan State's board of trustees, said Engler sent an 11-page letter to the board that stated he would step down effective Jan. 23.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor ... n-comments

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Former staffer sues Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee for firing her after rape allegation

A former staffer for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims in a new lawsuit that the Texas Democrat fired her after she planned to pursue legal action over an alleged rape by a former Congressional Black Caucus Foundation employee.

According to the court filings, the staffer alleges that Damien Jones, a former intern coordinator for the CBCF, raped her at his D.C.-area home in October 2015. The staffer, identified as Jane Doe in the lawsuit, was a 19-year-old intern for the CBCF when the alleged assault happened.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/ ... allegation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

State ERA Amendment now part of Delaware Constitution

Delaware now has a state Equal Rights Amendment. The 16-word amendment bars discrimination based on sex.

It cleared the Senate 16 to 5. Republican Sens. Bryant Richardson, Dave Lawson, Brian Pettyjohn, David Wilson and Gerald Hocker voted no.

https://www.delawarepublic.org/post/sta ... nstitution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dan Patrick Pulls Kel Seliger Chairmanship After Seliger Suggested Patrick Aide Kiss His 'Back End'

State Sen. Kel Seliger has been stripped of his post as chairman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, in an escalation of a feud with Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presides over the upper chamber.

Announced Tuesday afternoon, the demotion caps a weekend spat between Seliger, an Amarillo Republican first elected to the Senate in 2004, and Patrick, who have found themselves at odds with one another after Seliger voted against two of the lieutenant governor’s priorities in 2017.

http://www.kut.org/post/dan-patrick-pul ... s-his-back

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Panel votes down Equal Rights Amendment in Virginia

Efforts to make Virginia the 38th state to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment encountered a setback Tuesday following a subcommittee vote in the state's Republican-controlled Legislature.

The nation's supporters of the gender-equality amendment have been hoping this increasingly blue state will approve the ERA at a critical moment in their campaign to revive the measure, which is nearly half a century old.

https://www.chron.com/news/us/article/P ... 551652.php

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Jackson Lee steps down as Judiciary subcommittee chairwoman

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas is stepping down from her position as leader of one of the House Judiciary Committee's key subcommittees following a lawsuit from a former employee who says her sexual assault complaint was mishandled.

House Judiciary Committee chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said it was Jackson Lee's decision to step aside as chairwoman of the House Judiciary Crime Subcommittee.

https://katu.com/news/connect-to-congre ... chairwoman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yep. Clearly things like this.

The ending of this clip is so appropriate.

I'm going to go off topic (not really since this is the perv thread) and tell my William Shatner story.

A few years ago, when my son was about 2, I went to a video game awards show in Vancouver. I worked for a video game review site, so we got the invite.

William Shatner hosted the show. Beforehand, William Shatner was in the lobby meeting with media folks to take pictures with him. So Murray (my boss), myself and a guy named Todd went up to take our pictures with him. Murray and Todd were up front with Shatner while I stood directly behind them in the middle.

I had a few drinks so I was a bit light headed. And when I take pictures with family or friends, I might have to put my arm around them when we have to get in tight for a picture. But my hand was too low, and it was resting on Mr. Shatner's back end vicinity. Completely unintentional. So he turns to Murray and says, "Murray, is that your hand on my ass?"

And Murray turns to him and says, "No!" laughing.

I realize it is me. So I moved my hand and I apologized, and said, "Sorry Mr. Shatner, that was me."

And he turns and looks at me, then he responds, "Well it's giving me a hard on."

We couldn't stop laughing. True story.

And BTW, Shatner's pupils were pretty wide at the time.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

I saw him in Gainesville for an appearance at UF, I think it was around 1994 IIRC.

He talked about writing new Trek novels (which he was doing at the time), his recent roles in TekWar, why he honestly is not the evil guy who hates nerds at Trek conventions he once portrayed on SNL, and why he loved Gene Roddenberry's techno-optimism about the future.

The local area Trek club had some of their folks show up in Starfleet uniform. It was glorious.

Gotta also post this clip. Just because it's hilarious.

He has a kind of rivalry still going on with George Takei, Takei says Shatner skipped out on his (gay) wedding, Shatner says it was due to unavoidable prior commitments, Takei often says on Stern that Shatner was a huge scene hog/stealer in original Trek, constantly went to Roddenberry to rewrite screen plays so he would get more screen time, and the 'lessers' like Takei would get less.

It's kind of shocking, some people feel, that he outlived both DeForrest Kelley and Leonard Nimoy, but so far, not Takei.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

The excuse for the pauses was he was remembering his lines.

Which makes sense plus when you watch him do it you dont see him remembering, I know people claim he is a ham, and he is, but the guy can act.

Now you can watch almost any scene in the Big Bang Theory with the character Leonard or Johnny Galecki, who I like but you can often see when he has to recite sciency stuff in long speeches you can see him remembering and not really acting.

Jim Parsons I dare anyone to show me him EVER doing that, Jim is one of the best actors on TV in fact one of the best ever. Jim plays Sheldon, the other male lead on that show. I like the show, sue me. I love Kaley, as in if I was not married and lived as far away as I do you might read about a stalker.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bryan Singer: Bohemian Rhapsody director reportedly facing sex allegations

Bohemian Rhapsody director Bryan Singer has reportedly been accused of sexually assaulting and sleeping with a string of under-age boys.

The allegations come from an article in The Atlantic, which quotes four men who it says haven't spoken publicly before.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46978911

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:52 am 
Board Emeritus

States move to ease restrictions on child sex-abuse lawsuits

NEW YORK (AP) — In many states across the U.S., victims of long-ago child sex-abuse have been lobbying for years, often in vain, to change statute of limitation laws that thwart their quest for justice. This year seems sure to produce some breakthroughs, due in part to the midterm election results and recent disclosures about abuse by Roman Catholic priests.

New York state is Exhibit A. The Democrats' takeover of the formerly Republican-controlled Senate seems almost certain to produce a more victim-friendly policy in place of one of the nation's most restrictive laws.

https://www.chron.com/news/crime/articl ... 555415.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next