RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earth
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

where does the ice water go.

That's simple. It goes into the planetary water cycle, and raises sea levels. The people who work on Wall Street will soon be rowing to work due to the phenomenon that they say is a Chinese hoax.

Oh, and Canal Street will be one.

You think Manhattan is crowded now, wait until a third of it is under water.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

That's simple. It goes into the planetary water cycle, and raises sea levels. The people who work on Wall Street will soon be rowing to work due to the phenomenon that they say is a Chinese hoax.

Oh, and Canal Street will be one.

You think Manhattan is crowded now, wait until a third of it is under water.

well they certainly cant keep the WATER OUT OF THE SUBWAYS anymore.

im driving on recently..not long ago, less than ten years, recently blacktopped county roads
that ride like dirt rutted roads. never driven on such bumpy rut after rutted black tops before.

merica is going down the swamp drain just like groper promised: drain the merican people from the wallst swamp.
mccain picked pailin and her swamp folks and its been the slow sinking of the merican way ever since.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

...90's....its going to be in the 90's already, its MAY 8..early MAY and its hitting the 90's already.
no rain, just heat.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Young Tennessee girl finds 475 million year old fossil

Quote:
A young Knoxville girl made an amazing discovery while walking on a hike.

Ryleigh Taylor, 11, stumbled upon a fossil that's more than 475 million years old.

Taylor discovered the fossil that dates back to the Paleozoic Era.

To get confirmation, her family reached out to an associate professor of Paleobiology at the University of Tennessee, who said she found a trilobite. It’s an extinct marine animal that lived in water around east Tennessee.

"Typically when we look at fossils of trilobites, they molt when they grow. So what happens is, the............

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/risk-e ... cano-usgs/
Risk of explosive eruptions for Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano: USGS--

The USGS warned that more violent eruptions could shoot “ballistic blocks” weighing up to several tons for 1 km (0.6 mile), spew pebble-sized rocks several miles and cover dozens of miles with ash.

The town of Hilo, population around 43,000, lies 25 miles (40 km) northeast of Kilauea and the village of Pahoa is about 24 miles east.

Explosive eruptions could kick off if the lava lake in Kilauea’s crater falls to the level of groundwater, causing an influx of water to create steam-driven explosions, the USGS said.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

earth welcomes summer solstice.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/us-oil ... ays-study/
US oil and gas industry leaks 60 percent more methane than government says: study
Agence France-Presse
21 Jun 2018

The US oil and gas industry leaks 60 percent more methane than official government estimates, a report said Thursday, warning of this potent greenhouse gas’s effect on the environment.

US industry emits some 13 million metric tons each year, far more than the amount estimated by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
, said the findings published in the journal Science.

Researchers said the actual leak rate of 2.3 percent — compared to EPA inventory estimates of 1.4 percent — represents enough natural gas to fuel 10 million homes.

The dollar value of the lost gas amounts to $2 billion, said the report compiled by more than 140 researchers, in cooperation with 50 oil and gas companies that provided site access and technical advice.

“Scientists have uncovered a huge problem, but also an enormous opportunity,” said co-author Steven Hamburg, chief scientist at the Environmental Defense Fund.

“Reducing methane emissions from the oil and gas sector is the fastest, most cost effective way we have to slow the rate of warming today, even as the larger transition to lower-carbon energy continues.”

Methane is the main ingredient in natural gas, and packs more than 80 times the climate warming impact of carbon dioxide over a 20-year timespan, experts say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Summer Solstice, Stonehenge.

Summer Solstice, Chaco Canyon.

I've heard the "Sun Dagger" hasn't worked properly due to rock shift, since 1989. So no current photo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Summer Solstice, Stonehenge.

Summer Solstice, Chaco Canyon.

I've heard the "Sun Dagger" hasn't worked properly due to rock shift, since 1989. So no current photo.

Stonehenge isn't as large as it seems. I found that out when I visited it. In fact, about two miles away is a larger henge than Stonehenge. Still, it is a fascinating place to visit and to imagine how and why the ancient people there built it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Stonehenge isn't as large as it seems. I found that out when I visited it. In fact, about two miles away is a larger henge than Stonehenge. Still, it is a fascinating place to visit and to imagine how and why the ancient people there built it.

theyre finding these large rock henge places all over englands country sides now.
theyre finding pyramids all over central and south america. africa as well.

there is so much stuff that happened on the earth that we humans have barely seen or
comprehend as of now.

the indigenous know but we dont GAF about them or what they know. we just rip their trees out.

all civilizations of any size on this earth have died off due to cutting down all the trees, deforestation.
its the same thing over and over.
modern man fucks himself over time and again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

in the centuries, from 3000-2000BC to recent...of course the earths land mass has moved, shifted,
settled. im shocked really that stonehenge still stands in the condition we marvel over.

yellowstone is having a large repeated different geyser eruption recently. fwiw. jes sayin.
when i last saw yellowstone, ole faithful was on an irregular blow schedule.
it normalized again but these large events never stay the same.
we think they do but we've only been watching for a short time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

I've stood inside the circle. It's very spiritual. You have to book it in advance, or they make you stand behind the fence.

You're not supposed to even touch it. Just let it do whatever it's going to do after 5000 years.

The light out there is incredible, any day of the year.

It used to be right next to the motorway, but I've read that they recently stopped traffic from going that close. You don't see the road because the henge is elevated somewhat, which is probably why the Neolithic types built it there in the first place. It's a low rise in the middle of a flat plain. The sheep would come right up to the rocks if there wasn't a fence. The sheep are very friendly, being sheep.

There are other henges all over that part of England. Stonehenges, woodhenges, all sorts of henges. There are also mounds, earthworks, and other type stuff that doesn't count as a henge. Everything lines up, sort of. I think it's the alignment that makes Stonehenge special, like it was a royal burial ground or something equally important. Not to mention a good indicator of the solstice, though not as good as 5000 years ago when it was really good. It's kind of dizzy that the people who built this stuff in the Stone Age were so skilled. They had pegs and holes in the rocks so they wouldn't fall off. You get the idea they'd done this a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

There are other henges all over that part of England. Stonehenges, woodhenges, all sorts of henges. There are also mounds, earthworks, and other type stuff that doesn't count as a henge.

Megalithic structures of Britain (and Ireland)
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/asb_mapsquare.php

Yes. There are many others.

Stonehenge is just one of the most well known.

I've also been there, and I will agree I thought it seemed smaller to me in person than from what I'd seen on Teevee.

Unfortunately, I couldn't help but chuckle (my companions were wondering why) about imagining in my mind a key scene in Spinal Tap.

One of my souvenirs of that trip is a brass metal reproduction. Still have it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:49 pm 
Policy Wonk

There's a replica of Stonehenge in Washington state on the site of what was once a city (it burned down) called Maryhill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryhill_Stonehenge

Back in the 1970s, I joined a meditation group who met every Tuesday to meditate together (although I later learned there was a lot of ulterior motives involved. :)

We would sometimes go on camping trips to various places around the state. On one occasion, we decided to camp near Maryhill, so we could meditate at the faux Stonehenge. Excited as we were--lol--our dreams were dashed when we arrived: a group of teenage boys were having a party the night we arrived and their keg of beer was perched on top of the "altar stone." We left in disgust and did our meditating at the camp site. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:37 am 
Board Emeritus

US Judge Throws Out Climate Change Lawsuits Against Big Oil

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A U.S. judge who held a hearing about climate change that received widespread attention ruled Monday that Congress and the president were best suited to address the contribution of fossil fuels to global warming, throwing out lawsuits that sought to hold big oil companies liable for the Earth's changing environment.

Noting that the world has also benefited significantly from oil and other fossil fuel, Judge William Alsup said questions about how to balance the "worldwide positives of the energy" against its role in global warming "demand the expertise of our environmental agencies, our diplomats, our Executive, and at least the Senate."

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... st-big-oil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

US Judge Throws Out Climate Change Lawsuits Against Big Oil

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A U.S. judge who held a hearing about climate change that received widespread attention ruled Monday that Congress and the president were best suited to address the contribution of fossil fuels to global warming, throwing out lawsuits that sought to hold big oil companies liable for the Earth's changing environment.

Noting that the world has also benefited significantly from oil and other fossil fuel, Judge William Alsup said questions about how to balance the "worldwide positives of the energy" against its role in global warming "demand the expertise of our environmental agencies, our diplomats, our Executive, and at least the Senate."

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/ar ... st-big-oil

:lol:
You/we lost ANY right to discussing A FUCKING thing to do with the environment when many of us went on and on and on and on and on about emails, speeches and trust.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would imagine that you are referring to the judge, who seems to be doing judicial activism here, though it's only called that when liberal judges do it.

The Senate is paralyzed, practically comatose, and throwing anything back on them mostly shows ignorance.

Direct action now. NVDA. Let them do the violence and show what savages they are. This is a terminal struggle against global fascism, and losing equals death. Pardon me for sassing one of "my betters" in a fucking Mexican restaurant after they ordered the immigration Gestapo to torture babies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would imagine that you are referring to the judge, who seems to be doing judicial activism here, though it's only called that when liberal judges do it.

The Senate is paralyzed, practically comatose, and throwing anything back on them mostly shows ignorance.

Direct action now. NVDA. Let them do the violence and show what savages they are. This is a terminal struggle against global fascism, and losing equals death. Pardon me for sassing one of "my betters" in a fucking Mexican restaurant after they ordered the immigration Gestapo to torture babies.

I am referring to ANYONE who did ANYTHING but overtly, loudly, unapologetically and firmly supported Hillary Clinton, if not from the get go from the INSTANT that fucking sanders was defeated. Anyone who had to "hold their nose" for instance, is responsible for this because even though they still voted for her they made sure everybody within ear shot or web shot knew they didnt like or trust her

And if those folks want to be considered credible they sure as fuck better just support EVERY democrat most likely to win their race, whoever the fuck it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

Gov. Rick Snyder signs controversial 'polluter panels' bill

Quote:
A controversial trio of bills that critics say will allow industry-packed citizen panels to have oversized influence on state environmental policy are now state law.

Gov. Rick Snyder's signing this week of Senate Bills 652, 653 and 654 sets up three private-sector-based panels to oversee most decision-making by the state's environmental regulator, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.

The bills were supported by business and industry groups including the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, the Michigan Oil and Gas Association, the Michigan Manufacturers Association, DTE Energy, Consumers Energy and others.

Proponents say they will provide much-needed non-governmental input into environmental permitting.

"These DEQ reform bills will change rule-making from a bureaucratic process to a more open process with participation by a wide range of stakeholders," Michigan Chamber President & CEO Rich Studley said in a statement last month, when the bills passed the state Legislature.

But critics have dubbed the bills the "Fox Guarding the Hen House Acts," saying they essentially create industry-laden "polluter panels" able to override environmental protections to further their own interests.

The DEQ denied less than one-half of one percent of pollution permit requests last year, according to the governor's office's own data, noted Cyndi Roper, Michigan senior policy advocate at the nonprofit Natural Resources Defense Council...............

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:07 am 
Board Emeritus

these pale capitalist pigs will avoid truth at all cost to the public.

watched a native film on the arctic and the Inuits. there is hardly any ice at the arctic circle most of the year.
each year there is less. each year there is less snow. each year there are fewer caribou, almost none.
each year there are fewer and fewer bears and other small animals. the Inuits have less to eat each year.
animals cant swim across water as the ice vanishes leaving both animals and humans stranded in one place
surrounded by water not ice.

in one arctic Inuit area the temperature has Risen by Four degrees. the highest rise on the planet.

80% of the suns energy is now deflected back to the skies since the rays hit nothing but dark waters.
its called a "loop"....sun beats down melts more ice suns rays hit dark water and heat rises back to the sky
causing more heat.
repeat. every minute of the day.

yet...merica pays politicians to say the climate is fine. like the dark ages.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

no birth control for these humans. capitalists need these humans to vent cruelty upon.
left to die slowly in the fucking desert.
world today is sorta like the fall of Mayan civilization when anything that could be killed was killed for
loud applause.

its ironic. the sahara once had water and trees until the population and deforesting
caused the ongoing never ending drought which turned most of NAfrican continent into a desert
where they now come again to dump bodies.
its like watching yourself in a mirror beat your head in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/ar ... -town.html
"What we're seeing in the Mediterranean could be just the tip of the iceberg," he said.

In October 2013, the bodies of 92 migrants were found strewn across the Sahara. They had died of thirst after their smugglers
abandoned them in the desert, having promised to take them to Algeria.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/25/thousand ... r-7658659/
Thousands of migrants are ‘dumped in the desert to die with no food or water’---
Monday 25 Jun 2018

Thousands of migrants have been dumped in the Sahara Desert to die with no food or water, it has been claimed.
Algeria has denied it is mistreating migrants amid reports it has abandoned 13,000 people over the past 14 months.
It has been reported that people, including pregnant women and children, are being forced to walk at
gunpoint under temperatures of up to 48C.(118F)

Last edited by rainwater on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Judge blocks FEMA from ending housing for Hurricane Maria evacuees

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida (WABC) -- Puerto Ricans who fled to the mainland after Hurricane Maria will be able to stay in their temporary housing for a few more days.

A federal judge temporarily blocked FEMA from ending a temporary shelter program that was set to expire Saturday night.

http://abc7ny.com/society/judge-blocks- ... s/3686264/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Climate change has several positive feedback loops, thus it self-accelerates.

It's mostly statistical, but periodically we see the consequences of rolling loaded dice. Heat events are more common and deadlier. Some city just had a night time low temperature of 108 F. No, not DC, it just feels that hot there. Wildfires are larger and more frequent, which for several reasons causes one of the positive feedback loops right there. Loss of ice also self-accelerates.

The consequences of climate change are, for now, most striking in the Arctic. It's huge. The changes there have affected North American weather in several disruptive ways, all of which also self-accelerate. The loss of ice also makes Arctic oil drilling possible, which can cause another potential feedback loop if it leads to greater oil consumption and more greenhouse gas.

Africa had some great civilizations. Egypt is in Africa. Timbuktu was a university town and trade route center, instead of a joke for nowhere. The Sahara used to be far smaller. It grows some number of feet every year. It also causes most of our larger hurricanes. The reasons for Africa's decline are many, including climate, exploitation from Europe and the Middle East, and too many wars.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

Trump scraps Obama policy on protecting Great Lakes, oceans

Quote:
President Donald Trump has thrown out a policy devised by his predecessor to protect U.S. oceans and the Great Lakes, replacing it with a new approach that emphasizes use of the waters to promote economic growth............

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

the feedback loop taking over the western 'us' is...they cut down all the conifer forests which then
gives the sun full bore EVAPORATION of all the snow VS snow SLOWLY MELTING WITH SPRING TEMPERATURES
MELTING INTO THE GROUND AND ROOT SYSTEMS KEEPING THE FORESTS HEALTHY.
instead the EVAPORATION leaves the entire western 'us' dry barren burnt empty treeless dirt.

there is NO breaking this loop. not for another 1000 years.
western 'us' is not the only land mass where this is happening.

humans have completely fucked themselves, this time on a GLOBAL scale.

but hey...watch what groper does next. he is the distraction.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

NYU Scientists Capture 4-mile Iceberg Breaking in Greenland

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next