RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earth
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

lake powell AZ is down 27 feet from last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Groups sue North Dakota over oil refinery near national park

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Three environmental groups are suing North Dakota over an air quality permit that allows construction of an $800 million oil refinery about 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

National Parks Conservation Association, the Environmental Law and Policy Center and the Dakota Resource Council filed the lawsuit in state court on Thursday, asserting that the state erred when it concluded the proposed Davis Refinery wouldn't be a major source of pollution and wouldn't negatively impact the park.

https://www.chron.com/news/crime/articl ... 072322.php

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Ireland To Become First Country to Divest From Fossil Fuels

“Countries the world over must now urgently follow Ireland’s lead and divest from fossil fuels,” said Gerry Liston at Global Legal Action Network.

Ireland’s lower house of parliament has passed a bill across party lines that will require the country to divest all of its shares in fossil fuel companies. All investments in coal, oil, gas and peat, part of the country’s €8 billion euros (approximately US$9.3 billion dollars) will have to be sold off “as soon as is practicable,” which is expected to take place over a five-year period.

https://www.juancole.com/2018/07/irelan ... dium=gplus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/u-s-world/sh ... 1065042562
Shortage of farm workers leaving entire fields in California, other states to rot----
Jul 24, 2017
LOS ANGELES (WCMH) -- The debate on immigration has been hitting America's farms, which are now losing millions in lost crops due to a shortage of agricultural migrant workers.

Nine in 10 farm workers in California are foreign-born, with many of them coming from Mexico. But according to the PEW Research Center, more Mexican immigrants are now leaving the U.S. than arriving.

Farmers tell NBC News the labor shortage is so severe, they've had to leave entire fields of vegetables unharvested. In just two counties in California, that's led to a loss of more than $13 million.

Now, farmers are paying well above minimum wage, offering 401K plans, paid time off, and other incentives to try to lure workers back to the fields. They are also calling on politicians to pass laws to allow guest visa programs during harvest times.

one brexit affect.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-ta ... l-44884882
Fruit 'left to rot' due to labour shortages
5 hours ago
A shortage of fruit pickers combined with the summer heat wave has led to tonnes of strawberries and raspberries being left to rot, farmers have warned.
Scotland's fruit farms largely depend on seasonal workers from central and eastern Europe to pick their harvest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

your food. wont get picked.
your food. rotting in the fields on the vines. not the farmers fault.
some are offering health care, pensions, perks.

Worker Shortage Hurts California's Agriculture Industry : NPR
May 03, 2018 · Worker Shortage Hurts California's Agriculture Industry ... do we want to do that within the United States, ... the overall supply of farm workers goes ...
https://www.npr.org/2018/05/03/60799681 ... age-hurt...

Farmers Brace For Labor Shortage Under New ... national vice president of the United Farm Workers labor ... the largest supplier of labor to the United States.
https://www.agweb.com/article/farmers-b ... hortage-...

Farm labor shortage reported in 20 states, and visa backlog ...
... worker shortages in more than 20 states. "Many farmer members have called us and state Farm ...
southeastfarmpress.com/vegetables/farm-labor-shortage-reported-2...

The worker shortage facing America's farmers
Sep 29, 2016 · American farmers say they are facing a severe worker shortage.. More than half of U.S. farm workers are undocumented immigrants, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
https://money.cnn.com/2016/09/29/news/e ... farm-wor...

Farmers lobby for immigration reform to address labor ...
Feb 23, 2018 · The American Farm Bureau is lobbying for better access to foreign workers to meet labor shortages. ... Farmers lobby for immigration reform ... United States, ...
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2018/0223 ... mmigrati...

Amid immigration crackdown, this avocado farmer is struggling ...
Jun 15, 2018 · "Many of the harvesters I remember from when I was just a teenager - they're still harvesting," he says. Even though he pays well above minimum wage, he's also lost workers to farms that can afford to pay more. The experienced harvesters
money.cnn.com/2018/06/15/news/economy/california-farmer...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/15/news/e ... index.html
Deportations could collapse US agricultural system, worker ...
United States US. United Kingdom UK; ... our agricultural system would collapse," said Bruce Goldstein, ... "The majority of farm workers in this country are ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm sure most of these Central Valley growers voted for drumpf, and they probably also still think Nunes is their Lord and Savior. I know it pisses people off when you give a bratty little smile and say, "I told you so," but in this case... well, yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tornadoes in Des Moines, Iowa

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

about the background in all the news lives coming from this ..conference in Aspen town, with all the
pols...news people keep saying oh my id love to be there with that gorgeous background.

i say. that background is scrub. you can see a pine here and there having poked its head out above
the recent scrub growth. you can imagine, if you will, what Aspen town looked like when all those
background hills were covered in pines wintergreens evergreens blue spruce, to name a few.
now its just a lone pine here and there and "gorgeous!" scrub all around.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 am 
Board Emeritus

i dont think many even noticed the date. not in this country. space people did, spaceX, Nasa.

for the rest of the 'population'...absorbed in what pres fuck yourself tweeted.
sorry neil, today, im not sure what that giant leap for mankind was for.
it was great in the doing, what we morphed into after your giant step...im not so sure of.

thank you Apollo crews. you did more than well. you were special, your eyes saw what few will ever see.

...he walked on the moon 49years ago.
Quote:
At the bottom of the ladder Armstrong said, "I'm going to step off the LM now". He turned and set his left boot on the lunar surface at 02:56 UTC July 21, 1969,[119] then spoke the now-famous words, "That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind."[120]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rare nor'easter downs trees, wires on Staten Island

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.-- A storm that meteorologists classified as a rare July nor'easter left some Staten Island residents without power early Sunday morning, as emergency officials responded to downed branches and wires.

Just after 3 a.m., firefighters were called to Derby Court and Haughwout Avenue in Port Richmond, according to emergency radio transmissions.

https://www.silive.com/news/2018/07/ove ... es_wi.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, I saw the weather map and said shit, if this was October they'd be calling it a nor'easter. Apparently they did anyway.

If L.A. had this July's weather in October, they'd be calling it a santa ana wind. Same configuration of the jet stream. The jet stream does not do that in July, except this year (and in the future?). That configuration might be what caused your nor'easter too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

At least 10 million at risk as relentless rain will bring 'dangerous, life-threatening' floods to East Coast

The weekend deluge was only the beginning.

Several more onslaughts of heavy rain are expected in the East this week, especially in the mid-Atlantic region, leading to "potentially dangerous, even life-threatening flooding," the National Weather Service warned.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nati ... cb3f5abfbb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rain in summer, then there cant be no such thing as global warming or it wouldnt be raining.

Not that idiocy like that matters anymore, we have gone past the point of return on the climate, at least for the safety of billions, maybe not everybody but billions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Laos dam collapse: Hundreds missing, feared dead as hydroelectric power plant gives way

Several people have been killed and hundreds are missing after a hydroelectric dam collapsed in southeastern Laos, releasing five billion cubic metres of water.

The Xepian-Xe Nam Noy hydropower dam in Attapeu province collapsed on Monday evening, releasing large amounts of water and sweeping away houses, according to state media.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 61106.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

all the water who's got the water. flood water doesnt make good irrigation water.

its ironic that..groper brings about all the tariff bullshit over crops normally grown Here in the 'us'
except we import more grains. grains are used to feed cattle, livestock standing in pens their Entire Lives
to be slaughtered and made into bigmacs. along with every other animal in captivity needing to be fed Grains.
grasses are gone, hay is at a Premium so they feed grains, corn millet oats wheat, whatever you got.
these animals providing you "meat" have absolutely NO Life, they are born and raised in "feed lots"
which are the single most disgusting places on the planet earth. all for your burgers.

and of course thats why they have 2.5billion lbs of meat sitting in cold storage..somewhere.

back to water. groper pretends to argue and tariff all these exports like 'us' meat and grains, except
we can no longer water or feed all these animals..that we eat. let alone what we export.
we cant water the cattle thats why they ended up living and dying in a filthy feed lot.

we cant water the fields of grain anymore. thats why we import. but groper is trying to make
it seem like a "tariff" issue that suddenly OUR food HERE will now cost more.
it is a lie. it is a water problem.

he prolly doesnt know this becuz he's a moron easily fooled into distracting with visions of putey.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

At least 10 million at risk as relentless rain will bring 'dangerous, life-threatening' floods to East Coast

The weekend deluge was only the beginning.

Several more onslaughts of heavy rain are expected in the East this week, especially in the mid-Atlantic region, leading to "potentially dangerous, even life-threatening flooding," the National Weather Service warned.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nati ... cb3f5abfbb

Same problem, jet stream should be in Canada, but it isn't.

Looks more like something you'd see in January.

This is also The Year of the Ridge. Since time immemorial, there has been a Pacific High, a Bermuda High, and a Continental High right around the Four Corners. This year these got on steroids and persisted as strong weather features much longer into the summer than usual.

The fires are completely out of hand. Check the map. They're everywhere west of the Rockies and in Alaska. Not to mention a very bad situation in parts of Europe. There's one down here and one in Redding. The one in Redding is taking out whole streets of buildings/houses/whatever. We've discussed why they're so bad many times. The president thinks a couple of the reasons are bogus, but then I think he's bogus and we don't really have a president in the sense that they teach you in K-12.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Speaking of earth, right now in Redding CA there is a fire that is out of control and sending people every which way.

We have office there, my brother owns a mansion there. He also purposely drives a gas guzzling SUV and refuses to get a hybrid so he can show Al Gore who's boss.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would say that the climate is showing him who's boss.

Last night was epic when the local TV station was on live until it had to evacuate too, then they left it on a webcam shot of cities burning in the distance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would say that the climate is showing him who's boss.

Last night was epic when the local TV station was on live until it had to evacuate too, then they left it on a webcam shot of cities burning in the distance.

Was that Redding? What were you watching?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

major thunder lightning storm here last nite, knocked All the power out in a large and even compounded
larger areaS. monsoon season has arrived here.

oregon had over 1000 lightning strikes in one spell and has fires all over the place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

California asks White House for help as fires continue to rage

LOS ANGELES — From San Diego to Mendocino County, firefighters in California were trying to beat back flames that were feeding off more than a half-decade's worth of drought-starved brush.

The governor's Office of Emergency Services reported that 102,028 acres have burned across the state this week. The worst of the conflagrations was the Carr Fire in Shasta County, which claimed the lives of two first responders, burned 48,312 acres and forced thousands to evacuate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ca ... ge-n895461

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Staten Island hit hard by storm; downed trees, wires and flooding

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Friday night's storm ravaged Staten Island, downing trees and wires across the borough.

Downed trees caused Staten Island Railway Service to be suspended between the Jefferson Avenue and Eltingville stops in both directions for several hours before service to all stops was suspended due to severe flooding.

https://www.silive.com/news/2018/07/sta ... _stor.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

California asks White House for help as fires continue to rage

LOS ANGELES — From San Diego to Mendocino County, firefighters in California were trying to beat back flames that were feeding off more than a half-decade's worth of drought-starved brush.

The governor's Office of Emergency Services reported that 102,028 acres have burned across the state this week. The worst of the conflagrations was the Carr Fire in Shasta County, which claimed the lives of two first responders, burned 48,312 acres and forced thousands to evacuate.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ca ... ge-n895461

I will lose it if they dont respond equally as fast as they do to rightwing areas. lose it, i will

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

well, middle mericans, you wanted groper to make "deals" for you, and, so he has.
didnt anyone tell you he bankrupted nearly everything he touched...

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/agricu ... trade-war/
Agriculture secretary admits farm bailouts won’t cover losses from Trump’s trade war--

President Donald Trump’s own agriculture secretary said Saturday that planned bailout payments will not fully compensate farmers for the losses of Trump’s trade war.

U.S. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue spoke with Reuters about the matter at a G20 meeting in Buenos Aires, and made it clear that Trump’s welfare payments will not cover the losses farmers will endure.

“Obviously this is not going to make farmers whole,” Perdue said of the payments, which will come through as soon as September. “We expect the checks to go out in late September or October. As soon as they prove their yields,” Perdue said. “They will be based on actual production, not historical averages.”

and if they had little water for IRR they wont get shit from this bailer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Several groups rescued from swollen Lehigh River

LEHIGH TWP., Pa. - Officials are asking people to stay off of the Lehigh River until water levels go down.

Several groups of people had to be rescued from the river between Walnutport and Treichler's Bridge Sunday.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/ ... /774717361

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next