RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earth
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Drumpf had someone tell him that forest management helps cause crown fires, and a distorted fragment of same somehow stuck somewhere in the morass of weird notions and know-nothing shit that he calls a mind.

In the cases of the Woolsey and Hill Fires there's no forest. The Camp fire started in something resembling woods, but it spread into urban interface. The rest started in urban interface.

In particular, Woolsey started next to the old rocket/atomic lab in Santa Susana. There's a lot of old chemicals and nuke waste they never cleaned up. Fire picked up an unknown amount of same and scattered it downwind. Some of it is radioactive. Whoopie doo.

Bad management, yes, but nuclear waste is hardly US Forest Service.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

groper is too stupid to know these are NOT CROWN FIRES.
crowns come when you have fucking TREES. the tops catch and thats called 'crowning'.

these fires are driven by dead fall, shit that has fallen over, dead dropped from the tree left
lying on the ground in piles after its hot dry and the limbs die off.

the only forest ive ever seen in the last 30years with barely any dead fall was my CO ranch.
on that 2000acres there was barely a downed branch anywhere. if one went down it broke up
and disintegrated pretty fast leaving no piles of shit around. those trees were healthy big pines.

since then ive seen Nothing but dead fall in every western state as well all of back east is chock full
of fallen down dead tree. you can see it all thru the spindly tall useless 'tree' growth that has come
back since the clear cutting. merica is full of that spindly tall useless shit. sorta like ole white guys in congress.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

if rhyzome bamboo had been planted AFTER the clear cutting the hills would be covered in
growth that is stronger than our lumber and grows 3 feet a month.
we could have green hills and land with useful work material that doesnt die easily.

but no. it was too much work for the fucking fuckBros and other logging ops to GAF about
what happens once they strip the land.
they ruined the planet. not an easy thing to do but they did it all since the train in 1880,
it took 100-120years for them to destroy the earths landscape.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

^ word

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fox News is saying "An enormous crater, measuring 19 miles in diameter, has been found in Greenland, hidden under the ice. The crater was likely caused by an asteroid that hit the Earth "less than 3 million years ago," and is said by experts to have "rocked the Northern Hemisphere."

Their headline is "Earth smacked by an asteroid 19-miles-wide thousands of years ago: 'It rocked the Northern Hemisphere'"

They used the bold and giant size just like I have shown it here. I would think an asteroid the size of an super oil tanker could blow a 19 miles in diameter crater in the earth.

An impact of an asteroid 19 miles wide might pass shockwaves through the Earth's core which could result in a very large mass ejection from the other side of the Earth into space, where upon it would fall back to Earth to hammer it again.

Some folks who write these outlandish news stories say the silliest of things. :|

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

Sam Lefthand wrote:
Fox News is saying "An enormous crater, measuring 19 miles in diameter, has been found in Greenland, hidden under the ice. The crater was likely caused by an asteroid that hit the Earth "less than 3 million years ago," and is said by experts to have "rocked the Northern Hemisphere."

Their headline is "Earth smacked by an asteroid 19-miles-wide thousands of years ago: 'It rocked the Northern Hemisphere'"

They used the bold and giant size just like I have shown it here. I would think an asteroid the size of an super oil tanker could blow a 19 miles in diameter crater in the earth.

An impact of an asteroid 19 miles wide might pass shockwaves through the Earth's core which could result in a very large mass ejection from the other side of the Earth into space, where upon it would fall back to Earth to hammer it again.

Some folks who write these outlandish news stories say the silliest of things. :|

thats quite a disparity between thousands of years and 3 million.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

thats quite a disparity between thousands of years and 3 million.

i hadn't noticed that. Good catch. :)

It's that outlandish idea that the size of a crater outlines the size of the asteroid which made it, both 19 miles wide, which floored me.

A 0.3 inch diameter supersonic slug 5/8 of an inch long will scoop out a crater in the earth almost big enough to fit Trump's rump.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:46 am 
Policy Wonk

this kind of makes me glad people dont have antlers, would not be fun to sleep like that. not sure Id want to eat that deer after that.

Two-headed buck bagged in Kentucky

Quote:
A Kentucky hunter was surprised after finding what appeared to be a 'two-headed' buck.

The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources posted photos of the rare bag.

The deer wasn't literally two-headed -- the department said it appeared the buck was carrying around the remains of a decomposing carcass............

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:56 am 
Policy Wonk

Yeah, I'd be afraid the rotting head would contaminate the fresh meat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 am 
Board Emeritus

I'd be afraid the gagging memory of that smell would foul my dreams for weeks.

I wouldn't want to eat any kind of goat after that. I didn't exactly want to eat any more of them before seeing it either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

If Greenland had been hit by an asteroid 19 miles wide, there would be no Greenland at all, and possibly no Iceland either. Indeed, a great number of large fragments would blow off into space, to later re-enter and cause more meteor-like hits worldwide. A few might make escape velocity and leave Earth altogether, falling into the solar gravity well. A small number of these would hit Venus and Mercury.

There are pieces of Mars in the NYC natural history museum. No one went and got them. They came from the sky, for free. Same scenario. Mars is a small planet with a thin atmosphere, and it doesn't take much to eject things into interplanetary space. It's also near the asteroid belt.

Poor little Mars. Such a nice planet. It deserved a better fate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Lunatic.

Ohio county GOP chair doubles down on Facebook post calling wildfires ‘God’s punishment to liberal California’

David Johnson, chairman of the Columbiana County Republican Party in Ohio, came under fire on Monday after he said that the deadly wildfires in California are “God’s punishment” to liberals.

Johnson posted an image of the fires on Facebook with text that read: “God’s Punishment to Liberal California.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/ohio-c ... ifications

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:37 am 
Board Emeritus

shush, dont tell mericans. shuush, quiet.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/arc ... ay/576589/
A Grave Climate Warning, Buried on Black Friday---

In a massive new report, federal scientists contradict President Trump and assert that climate change is an intensifying danger to the United States.
Too bad it came out on a holiday.

On Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year, the federal government published a massive and dire new report on climate change. The report warns, repeatedly and directly, that climate change could soon imperil the American way of life, transforming every region of the country, imposing frustrating costs on the economy, and harming the health of virtually every citizen.

Most significantly, the National Climate Assessment—which is endorsed by NASA, NOAA, the Department of Defense, and 10 other federal scientific agencies—contradicts nearly every position taken on the issue by President Donald Trump. Where the president has insisted that fighting global warming will harm the economy, the report responds: Climate change, if left unchecked, could eventually cost the economy hundreds of billions of dollars per year, and kill thousands of Americans to boot. Where the president has said that the climate will “probably” “change back,” the report replies: Many consequences of climate change will last for millennia, and some (such as the extinction of plant and animal species) will be permanent.

The report is a huge achievement for American science. It represents cumulative decades of work from more than 300 authors. Since 2015, scientists from across the U.S. government, state universities, and businesses have read thousands of studies, summarizing and collating them into this document. By law, a National Climate Assessment like this must be published every four years.
“It shows us that climate change is not a distant issue. It’s not about plants, or animals, or a future generation. It’s about us, living now,”
says Katharine Hayhoe, an author of the report and an atmospheric scientist at Texas Tech University.

The report visits each region of the country, describing the local upheavals wrought by a global transformation. Across the Southeast, massive wildfires—like those seen now in California—could soon become a regular occurrence, smothering Atlanta and other cities in toxic smog, it warns. In New England and the mid-Atlantic, it says, oceanfront barrier islands could erode and narrow. And in the Midwest, it forecasts plunging yields of corn, soybeans, wheat, and rice.

...she hoped the report would inform the public: “This isn’t information that’s only for the federal government. This is information that every city needs, every state needs, increasingly every business needs, and every homeowner needs. This is information that every human needs.”

“It’s not that we care about a 1-degree increase in global temperature in the abstract,” she said. “We care about water, we care about food, we care about the economy—and every single one of those things is being affected by climate change today.”
Submit a letter to the editor or write to letters@theatlantic.com.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Shocking new video documents Border Patrol agent’s party explosion that started $8.2 million wildfire

The Arizona Daily Star used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain shocking video showing a Border Patrol Agent Dennis Dickey using explosives that started a 47,000 wildfire in Arizona.

Dickey, 37, of Tucson pleaded guilty in September to having started the Sawmill Fire.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/watch- ... ifications

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Shocking new video documents Border Patrol agent’s party explosion that started $8.2 million wildfire

The Arizona Daily Star used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain shocking video showing a Border Patrol Agent Dennis Dickey using explosives that started a 47,000 wildfire in Arizona.

Dickey, 37, of Tucson pleaded guilty in September to having started the Sawmill Fire.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/watch- ... ifications

this was a Major problem in Utah, dont know if they smartened up or not.
these white males go shooting their wad-guns at rocks and ground and scenery
starting fire after fire after fire the taxpayers then had to pay for, and FDs put lives
on the line for.

.."At least 799 firefighters battled the blaze. Dickey will pay $220,000 in restitution for the fire."
please, is there anything else we the public can do for you the fucking gun shooter?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

this was a Major problem in Utah, dont know if they smartened up or not.
these white males go shooting their wad-guns at rocks and ground and scenery
starting fire after fire after fire the taxpayers then had to pay for, and FDs put lives
on the line for.

.."At least 799 firefighters battled the blaze. Dickey will pay $220,000 in restitution for the fire."
please, is there anything else we the public can do for you the fucking gun shooter?

Rain, in 2008 I was driven from my home for ten or more days by a fire caused by a pair of young adults target practicing. It was one of the large fires California had in 2008, the Telegraph fire.

They didn't kill those two kids, but the wringer accompanying that dark cloud hanging over their head for a few years following that is something i'm sure I would consider a close to death nightmare if I were going through it. They didn't take away their future, the liability bill was many millions, they wrote it off. All but a pence.

I'm sure it was worse for them than what I faced during that fire by a many times factor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

The agent was having a gender reveal party. These are something new to me. Since I dropped out of this culture, many things are new. I have endless surprises.

Be that as it may, the idea was that he, a sworn peace officer, would shoot a target that was filled with a contact explosive. The color of the target's flying contents would indicate the gender of the unborn baby.

They didn't clear dead grass around the target.

The resulting explosion wasn't very good at showing the color, but it did a great job of lighting the grass on fire. That went right up. At the end of the video, you hear them de-assing the site.

No one says, but I would hope this guy lost his badge.

Oh, and it's a boy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

theyre going after coal country, appalachia PA OH.
they really dont care who's yard they fuck up. really dont care. srlsy dont care.

images videos charts.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... h-idUSKCN1
November 28, 2018 / 5:10 AM / Updated 7 hours ago
Two U.S. pipelines rack up violations, threaten industry growth

MEDIA, PENNSYLVANIA (Reuters) - Energy Transfer LP (ET.N) and its Sunoco pipeline subsidiary have racked up more than 800 state and federal permit violations while racing to build two of the nation’s largest natural gas pipelines, ...

IMAGE (three backyards) (also a short video scan of the homes)

..February, Pennsylvania fined the company $12.6 million for environmental damage, including the discharge of drilling fluids into state waters without a permit. After further problems, including the sinkholes, a state judge in May ordered work halted on Mariner East 2.

Administrative Law Judge Elizabeth Barnes wrote that Energy Transfer’s Sunoco unit “made deliberate managerial decisions to proceed in what appears to be a rushed manner in an apparent prioritization of profit over the best engineering.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

oh goodie now theyre going after the solid part of the earths core. N of UK.
no worries there.

:shock: CHART
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... dUSKCN1NS0
Big Oil digs North Sea's 'final frontier'--

With many fields in other regions facing closures in the coming years “we expect projects in the West of Shetland to account for more than 70 percent of total UK development spend in the mid-2020s,” he added.
The region is also under-explored compared to other parts of the North Sea, with only 160 exploration wells drilled so far.

The region could get a further boost if programs such as Hurricane Energy’s Lancaster project, which targets fractured basement rock formations, open up deeper, untapped layers of rock. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

oh shit then this. i mean, its good theyre even bothering to tear this crap down..but..man.

doesnt seem possible to lift this image. old rig and the locals. gag.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-north ... SKCN1NW0IL

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKCN1NW0IL
LONDON (Reuters) - Scottish marine salvage group Ardent is adapting the tanks it used to refloat the Costa Concordia, the cruise ship wrecked off the Italian coast in 2012, to decommission North Sea oil platforms.
Offshore decommissioning spending outlook by region CHART

In Britain’s aging oil fields alone, the opportunities could be worth up to 17 billion pounds ($21.85 billion) before 2025, according to industry body Oil and Gas UK. The ideas could then be deployed to other maturing fields such as in the Gulf of Mexico and southeast Asia.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

we were talking about crows in some thread, IDK where.

about an hour ago i went out and broke up the big suet pieces that were frozen
in the traps this morning; i put them out on the table figuring some of them would
get to pick at them and further break them up, finish them.

two crows flew off each with one of the chunks in their beaks. :rw) :rw) :rw)
i heard them out there crawking and when i looked i saw them flying off.
maybe they were thanking me?....su-re. lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dumbest full grown adult on earth is in charge of earth.

We may not survive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

6.6 magnitude earthquake rocks buildings in Anchorage

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A 6.6 magnitude earthquake rocked buildings Friday morning in Anchorage and caused lamp posts and trees to sway, prompting people to run out of offices and seek shelter under office desks.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the earthquake was centered about 7 miles (12 kilometers) north of Alaska's largest city.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/6-7-magnitud ... on-brknews

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Will have to check the tsunami center.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

They don't expect a tsunami in the CONUS or HI.

https://ptwc.weather.gov/text.php?id=ha ... 11.30.1739

Anchorage is real earthquake country. The report of cracks in a building seems plausible. That would certainly cause cracks in L.A..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next