Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Aetna investigated after ex-medical director's testimony

(CNN) -- California's insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients' records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/37480133/aetn ... -testimony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am 
Board Emeritus

(CNN) -- California's insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients' records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

I am stunned.

Not.

The purpose of insurance is not to pay for healthcare. It is to make money. It is simply a bet made by insurance companies and they will do whatever they can to create "house rules" designed to but betters on the other side of the bet at a disadvantage.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

In 1997, I arrived at Mcclellan AFB. One day, an airman who had worked in our office but separated after four years of service visited us at the end of the duty day. In catching up with her on what she had been doing she told us she worked at a large insurance company determining whether a patient's treatment was covered by their insurance. Her job was deny their claims even if their insurance actually covered their treatment. She said after three month she couldn't continue lying and she quit her job.

It's not surprised Atena's former medical director didn't review patient records.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

damn i was looking for this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

well, this is happening a Lot.

i spoke with ..informed sources within med industry, thats all ill say....they stated most calls
every day now are from women who have been gas-lighted by both doctors and INS.

the Drs are first tho since they do the requesting and its very simple for them to just not bother
doing anything like adding history or information about the patient, particularly THE WOMEN PATIENTS.

apparently gaslighting the women has become a major item, or thrill, for most "Drs" now.

where's my you've come a long way baby cigarette....

ok fine, ill take the blunt.