Barbie

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Drak

Barbie

Post by Drak »

My son and I went to Barbie the other day. First time I've been to a theatre in years. We even dressed up like Kens, with full on Kenergy.

I liked it. It was a fun movie. I also really liked the message, about equality. Ryan Gosling's "I'm just Ken" song is also fantastic. Super catchy.

Next up, the latest Mission Impossible.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Re: Barbie

Post by gounion »

Since when did Ken have a beard? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just guessing - I always pictured you with a beard…
Drak

Post by Drak »

gounion wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:51 pm Since when did Ken have a beard? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just guessing - I always pictured you with a beard…
I do have a beard! A short one. I think older Ken would have a beard. Like older superman. We were Facebook friends once before though, maybe you remember from that? I dunno. But that was years ago - I left Facebook in 2018 or 2019.

But we wore the pink with white pants.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

We are being destroyed by our own pollution, both in the air and in our brains, and we chose to make a cultural phenomenon from a light fun summer movie about a fantasy parallel universe inhabited by plastic kid's dolls.

I almost hate to use the word "woke," since it was supposed to be racial/social justice/awareness of history, and then it came to include gender, and then it got turned into the Sole Great Evil by the people who own the propaganda machine.

But if we're not woke on the climate in the next ten years, it's the end of this species.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
ap215

Post by ap215 »

My sister had a huge Barbie doll collection when she was young unfortunately she's unable to go to the theater to watch the movie due to health issues i shared the review reports to her.