RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm 
Political Junkie

Once again.

At this moment, active shooter is apparently at Douglas High School in Broward Co FL.

Early reports: at least 20 injured. Shooter still at large.

Last edited by Viewer on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/flori ... index.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thoughts and prayer in this tragedy...lather, rinse, repeat. Fucking shithole country.

PS - go fuck yourself glen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Parkland, FL is just north of Coral Springs, ... far west of Pompano Beach & Deerfield Beach, kind of a bit in between.

Nicole Sandler lives in Coral Springs. (Some people on this board know her. She's a radio-liberal type out of South Florida.)

I know she has an adopted kid, I'm hoping they didn't go to one of the two schools the shooter hit.

Wow. Even on Valentine's Day ... :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Parkland, FL is just north of Coral Springs, ... far west of Pompano Beach & Deerfield Beach, kind of a bit in between.

Nicole Sandler lives in Coral Springs. (Some people on this board know her. She's a radio-liberal type out of South Florida.)

I know she has an adopted kid, I'm hoping they didn't go to one of the two schools the shooter hit.

Wow. Even on Valentine's Day ... :cry:

of course a day after some print stated this county or school?...some thing was stated to be
the best in the country.

of course a shooter would want to fuck this up. cognitive dissonance is a killer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

careful everyone....groper isnt getting any attention at this time.
be very careful.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

T&P time:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 338217002/

Quote:
"The president has been made aware of the school shooting in Florida," Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters said. "We are monitoring the situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know I don't have to say this, but it requires saying...if something is done about this it won't be what needs to be done about it...so in fact, nothing will be done about this.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know I don't have to say this, but it requires saying...if something is done about this it won't be what needs to be done about it...so in fact, nothing will be done about this.

its called...The Peter Principle:.. "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 pm 
Policy Wonk

'Multiple fatalities': At least 14 victims in south Florida high school shooting; suspect in custody

Quote:
........Police believe they know who the gunman is and have described him as someone who possibly attended the school and was a member of the JROTC program. Authorities said he was wearing a hoodie and has red hair.

Runcie said it's possible the suspect is a former student.

Many students said chaos ensued when a fire alarm sounded in the school — then the gunfire started. ........

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

its called...The Peter Principle:.. "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

I think it's called depraved indifference. It's not the management...its the people. If the people really wanted it to stop they could make it stop. But the people don't care about anything but their fucking rights. It's the depraved indifference of the people.

"I'm a law abiding gun owner, this has nothing to do with me." The fuck it doesn't asshole. We have this democratized gun carnage because of people like you and your fucking rights.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gunman is said to be 19 year old Nikolaus Cruz. He is in custody.

The MSNBC chiron is currently saying that there are 17 dead from the school shooting.

Incidentally, this will now be the 2nd Valentine's Day massacre in American history. Probably will be remembered that way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, as I said, Nicole Sandler lives in the area.

Just saw on her chat room - her adopted daughter graduated last June, and did not go to the school where the shooting occurred.

However, the school where she did attend, is still on lockdown.

She might know some of the victims. That will obviously come out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

No point in commenting. Americans don’t care.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

No point in commenting. Americans don’t care.

It’s not that they don’t care it’s just that anytime something like this happens something’s shiny is jingled in front of us to distracts to from it. Americans have short attention spans.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

It’s not that they don’t care it’s just that anytime something like this happens something’s shiny is jingled in front of us to distracts to from it. Americans have short attention spans.

I would agree that people do care about these killings. I think to some degree we agree on some of the causes. Where we start departing is on how to address those problems. We have a history of and still have a gun culture. We have some serious problems when it comes to how we care for folks who have mental or emotional issues. Nobody wants anyone infringing upon their rights. Solving this problem without stepping on anyone's toes is almost impossible. Still you should be able to discuss potential solutions publicly without being vilified.

What we are doing now obviously isn't working. Doing nothing is not an option. Ignoring the problem is not an option. JMHO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Gunman is said to be 19 year old Nikolaus Cruz.

Another one of these violent, strapped-up, gun-obsessed, MAGA alt-right conservative stalker males.

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:11 am 
Board Emeritus

This is a worthy read for this thread.

The Alt-Right is Killing People - SPLC

But Muslims!

:problem:

cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am 
Board Emeritus

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters!"

-- Donald Trump (R - Know-Nothing)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 am 
Board Emeritus

I would agree that people do care about these killings. I think to some degree we agree on some of the causes. Where we start departing is on how to address those problems. We have a history of and still have a gun culture. We have some serious problems when it comes to how we care for folks who have mental or emotional issues. Nobody wants anyone infringing upon their rights. Solving this problem without stepping on anyone's toes is almost impossible. Still you should be able to discuss potential solutions publicly without being vilified.

What we are doing now obviously isn't working. Doing nothing is not an option. Ignoring the problem is not an option. JMHO
Joe, a while ago I posted a link to a website about Jefferson. He said that basically the second amendment was there because men will always want guns. But he also said something else. He said that rights were subject to change. We do not have absolute right to free speech or to assemble peaceably for example. Gun control starting with universal background checks and closing any gun show loopholes are not infringing on the right to own guns. But just like limitations in certain instances of speech, religion, assembly and even the press, limitations are needed. Limitations, for instance on firing rates, clip sizes and such. Yes, I do agree regarding mental health issues but that is a deflection. More important is socio-psychological issues regarding jobs, shift demographics, upward wealth transfer and so on. And so are sensible limits on the second amendment.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Joe, a while ago I posted a link to a website about Jefferson. He said that basically the second amendment was there because men will always want guns. But he also said something else. He said that rights were subject to change. We do not have absolute right to free speech or to assemble peaceably for example. Gun control starting with universal background checks and closing any gun show loopholes are not infringing on the right to own guns. But just like limitations in certain instances of speech, religion, assembly and even the press, limitations are needed. Limitations, for instance on firing rates, clip sizes and such. Yes, I do agree regarding mental health issues but that is a deflection. More important is socio-psychological issues regarding jobs, shift demographics, upward wealth transfer and so on. And so are sensible limits on the second amendment.

Bird,

I have said before that I don't have a problem with reasonable limitations on guns. Never have. I don't have a problem with background checks or closing gun show loopholes. I don't see that as an infringement. However, I also know a whole lot of gun owners who don't trust anything they hear from the left when it comes to firearm limitations. That is just the fact. And the talk from some on the left regarding "bans" isn't helping matters. Personally, I am not all that worried about a ban on firearms, including handguns. I don't think it would make it thru SCOTUS plus the Federal Government cannot enforce a law which will be highly unpopular. There will be sanctuary cities and states for guns. Defying the Federal Government has gotten to be quite stylish these days especially when large groups of people don't agree with the underlying legislation. But I do think it is possible to get movement in some areas; maybe not as much as some would like.

I do not think we can ignore the other factors as well and those discussions and issues need to be revisited. This is not only a gun problem. Guns have been around far a long long time. I grew up with guns in my house. We had rifles and shotguns in our cars and trucks that we drove to school because many of us were hunters. We just didn't shoot them at people. We didn't use them to solve problems. So something has changed somewhere beyond the availability of guns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 am 
Board Emeritus

The problem is we have a political party, I won't identify them because it would embarrass the republicans, who won't address the problem because they've sold their soles to the gun lobby. After every mass shooting they tell us "It's too soon to discuss gun control." The first step to solving the problem is to vote against any candidate who won't vote for gun control laws.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:16 am 
Board Emeritus

The problem is we have a political party, I won't identify them because it would embarrass the republicans, who won't address the problem because they've sold their soles to the gun lobby. After every mass shooting they tell us "It's too soon to discuss gun control." The first step to solving the problem is to vote against any candidate who won't vote for gun control laws.

The Republican party is the party of protecting sexual predator men, mass-murdering men, philandering men, scam-artist men, violent confederate men, neo-nazi men, and their cowering sycophants.

Not only are Republicans confederates, they are a national security risk, and a public health hazard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:19 am 
Policy Wonk

mid february

Florida high school shooting: Here's what we know

Quote:
.............Cruz was at large before being taken into custody off the school's campus roughly two hours after the shooting.

Police said he was armed with an AR-15-style, semiautomatic rifle and "countless" magazines.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:53 am 
Board Emeritus

I bet I would be able to count those magazines.

:|

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next