RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, Glen thinks liberals "lack common sense," and he's insulted all liberals like that before with worse slurs. If he's right, then he's the dumbest mf'er ever to live, since he comes on this board which is by and for those people he thinks so little of.

So, Glen, what's the story? Why do you hang out here? Maybe you'd be happier on Storm*Front.

For the record i have never tucked my mother

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

For the record i have never tucked my mother

No? Too bad. Everyone needs to be tucked [sic] in now and then.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

've been friends with quite a few expat S Africans over the years....Anyway, interestingly, Trevor Noah, who grew up in South Africa, says he's not surprised that Trump won and apparently said that early on. He feels that Trump is not so different than many African leaders he's seen.

Sure. Africa also has quite a few authoritarian strongmen. They appear to occur in all phenotypes.

Quote:
(btw, I haven't been a great fan of the Daily Show for several years and didn't make it past his first show. But in more serious interviews, Noah seems like a knowledgable person.)

I like Trevor's show. He's not Jon Stewart, but that's OK. He's different in some good ways.

Samantha Bee's, now on another network, well, I like that, too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your so called logic makes as much sense as jailing a person for the crime his great grandfather did 100 years ago. Except it makes even less sense than that. Seeing how the land that was stolen in 21 probably is not the present day property of the descendents of tjose who stole it

Again if my great grandfather had a duesenburg that was worth 50 dollars at the time stolen from him in 21. Today the car would be worth a million. According to you that car if found 100 years later is my families property.

The thing about being a liberal is ypu need to be void pf common sense.

Thank you for showing us your logic. I never said anyone should be jailed for the offenses of their father. But stolen property is STILL stolen property. By your logic, if I stole a car and gave it to you, the car is YOURS and you are now the rightful owner, and the REAL owner does not get their car back.

Right-wing logic at it's best.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:02 am 
Board Emeritus

Again if my great grandfather had a duesenburg that was worth 50 dollars at the time stolen from him in 21. Today the car would be worth a million. According to you that car if found 100 years later is my families property.

:problem: Any attempt to try and individualize and atomize the issue of American public policy around slavery, segregation, and government-forced racial disparity is going to fail you.

I really recommend you stop trying to apply conservative white "logic" to the issue of reparations. Like everything else in your culture, when it comes to the word "black," your brains suddenly turn to crap.

The better analogy would be the government never allowing your great grandfather to purchase a Duesenberg, giving cush loans to his neighbor who's no better than he is. All while taking his taxes to fund and enforce that scam.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:20 am 
Board Emeritus

If a black man had something a white man wanted, the white man just took it. If blacks owned anything, including land, it had to be something so worthless that no white man wanted it. That's why the blacks in Tulsa were wiped out - because they created so much wealth they were living better than whites. They whites couldn't stand that.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am 
Board Emeritus

Thank you for showing us your logic. I never said anyone should be jailed for the offenses of their father. But stolen property is STILL stolen property. By your logic, if I stole a car and gave it to you, the car is YOURS and you are now the rightful owner, and the REAL owner does not get their car back.

Right-wing logic at it's best.

If you stole a car and gave it to me and 100years from now agter going through multiple owners it is just to late to right the wrong. Because all those involved with the crime perp or victim are dead. Most people who knew perp or victims are also dead..

In the case of Tulsa it would be unjust to take back the land 100 years later. Especially after all the improvements that wss done during that time.

If my land was stolen from the catawba tribe in the 1800s why should I lose my home. Your belief maked zero.zero common sense.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you stole a car and gave it to me and 100years from now agter going through multiple owners it is just to late to right the wrong. Because all those involved with the crime perp or victim are dead. Most people who knew perp or victims are also dead..

In the case of Tulsa it would be unjust to take back the land 100 years later. Especially after all the improvements that wss done during that time.

If my land was stolen from the catawba tribe in the 1800s why should I lose my home. Your belief maked zero.zero common sense.

Being a typical conservative white, you're overfocused on things and property, and not the lives lost in just the Tulsa Riots alone.

Tulsa was by no means the only time white cons burned down entire neighborhoods and murdered African Americans in vigilante incidents.

Your focus on individual incidents is also an effort to avoid the public policy and whites-rule laws that propped up mass-murdering white domestic terrorism like Tulsa.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

If a black man had something a white man wanted, the white man just took it.

Yeah, such as life itself. Conservative whites never limited themselves to just taking Black life, either.

Quote:
If blacks owned anything, including land, it had to be something so worthless that no white man wanted it. That's why the blacks in Tulsa were wiped out - because they created so much wealth they were living better than whites. They whites couldn't stand that.

Or trying to vote.

Ocoee, Florida, 1920 is yet another example of white vigilante domestic terrorism enforcing the totalitarian society set up by violent white cons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocoee_massacre

Quote:
The race riot was started as a white mob's response to the persistence of Mose Norman, an African American, to vote on election day. Mose Norman was ordered and driven away when he first attempted to go to the polls. When he came back to the polls later he was driven away again by whites, who would later form a mob to search for him. The white mob then surrounded the home of Julius "July" Perry, a prosperous local African-American farmer and contractor, where it was believed Norman was taking refuge.

After Perry drove away the white mob with gunshots, the mob called for reinforcements from Orlando and Orange County, who then laid waste to the African-American community in Ocoee and eventually killed Perry. Norman would escape, never to be found. Other African Americans would flee into the orange groves, swamps and neighboring towns, leaving behind their homes and possessions.

This is how conservative whites define "freedom". Mass-murderining entire communities because a guy tried to put a ballot in a box.

Vote suppression was the law in Florida at the time, along with many other whites-first public policy decisions in education, residency, and employment that severely restricted the movement and mobility of African Americans.

Glen wants to crow about "100 years ago" as if ethnic cleansings from "100 years ago" don't affect right now, today. Ocoee occurred in 1920. Both sets of grandparents on my mothers side were born in Florida, my grandmother in 1918, and I've got tons of relatives in the Orlando area.

Ocoee today is 80% white.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

African American museum in SC will stand where 100,000 slaves took first steps on American soil - Greenville online

Quote:
However, this land is more than prime riverfront real estate. It connects deeply to the heritage the museum aims to commemorate.

Ship voyage records reveal that nearly half of the enslaved Africans who were shipped to North America disembarked in Charleston. Many slaves took their first steps on American soil on this patch of land, which was once the largest wharf in North America.

Historians estimate that more than 90 percent of all African-Americans can trace at least one ancestor to this land.

Eighteen years ago, former Charleston mayor Joe Riley pledged to build an iconic museum that honors that heritage and illuminates the achievements cultivated from that regrettable past.

Conservative whites are still aggrieved that African Americans aren't the real estate, the things, the property, the assets. It's a pain point, for them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen thinks if you steal something, after a while, morally and legally it becomes yours.

Glen thinks that anything that happens will destroy one of the political parties. A cow pissed on a flat rock, there go the Greens.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not 100 years ago. Holdout behavior from whites-first/Jim Crow/Dylann Roof family values.

Bank of America ordered to pay $2.2 million to 1,000 black job seekers it discriminated against - NYDN

Quote:
Judge Linda S. Chapman ruled that the bank used “unfair and inconsistent selection criteria” when it routinely chose white applicants over black job-seekers in 1993 and again between 2002 and 2005.

In 1993, the Labor Department’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs launched a review of the bank that turned up evidence of “systemic hiring discrimination” against African Americans, denying them entry-level clerical and administrative positions.

“At Bank of America, diversity and inclusion are part of our culture and core company values,” Christopher Feeney, a spokesman for the bank, said in a statement. “We actively promote an environment where all employees have the opportunity to succeed.”

Uh-huh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, when some of our nation's richest families, like the Du Ponts, are still reaping the wealth of the slaves they used, they have no reason to make any kind of payment for what they did.

And all the gold and jewels the Nazis took from the Jews. Nope, shit out of luck. The banks keep the riches!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, when some of our nation's richest families, like the Du Ponts, are still reaping the wealth of the slaves they used, they have no reason to make any kind of payment for what they did.

And all the gold and jewels the Nazis took from the Jews. Nope, shit out of luck. The banks keep the riches!

Conservative whites grumbled a little about reparations for Japanese Americans to the tune of $20,000 per family, but not that much.

In fact, much like they pretend to be pro-MLK, conservative whites today will shout from the rooftops about how Saint Ronald signed the much-deserved restitution, as if conservative whites were all for it at the time. :problem:

Conservative whites led pogroms, murders, mass-murders, ethnic cleansings, legalized discrimination, and blanket rescinsions of Asian-American citizenship and property rights for two entire generations prior to internment and relocation of their fellow Japanese-American citizens.

Conservative whites in government were the reason Japanese Americans were interned, had their property stolen by the government, were sent to concentration camps by the same government, and also drafted by the same government into war.

Conservative whites would be nowhere/nothing without the government.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen thinks that anything that happens will destroy one of the political parties. A cow pissed on a flat rock, there go the Greens.

:lol:

Not as funny: Apocalypticism in US History - Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Religion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

your fellow lefties

Nice to see you using that "Broad Brush", against Progressive while you will bitch whine and moan when it is usedd against you.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

The thing about being a liberal is ypu need to be void pf common sense.

As opposed to being a lying lowlife supporter and defender of Fasicst 5-Deferment Draft Dodging Fascist who has the support of former KGB Colonel glen...that is what you Cons are doing.....you love to hate your country.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

As opposed to being a lying lowlife supporter and defender of Fasicst 5-Deferment Draft Dodging Fascist who has the support of former KGB Colonel glen...that is what you Cons are doing.....you love to hate your country.

Conservative whites are a national security risk. All the Russian govt has to do to exploit them and lead them around by the nose is say the word "black".

That's all it takes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Uh huh.

I LOL'd.

When I post from my phone that always happens. I have a hard time typing on the small screen.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:10 am 
Board Emeritus

So, Glen thinks liberals "lack common sense," and he's insulted all liberals like that before with worse slurs. If he's right, then he's the dumbest mf'er ever to live, since he comes on this board which is by and for those people he thinks so little of.

So, Glen, what's the story? Why do you hang out here? Maybe you'd be happier on Storm*Front.

Tighten up there snowflake. There is thread after thread on this board that claims all republicans are the same, all conservatives are the same and all whites are the same. so until you speak out about those you are being a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:28 am 
Board Emeritus

If a black man had something a white man wanted, the white man just took it. If blacks owned anything, including land, it had to be something so worthless that no white man wanted it. That's why the blacks in Tulsa were wiped out - because they created so much wealth they were living better than whites. They whites couldn't stand that.

Nobody here is denying that. The rub is that there is no way to right those wrongs without wronging people today. People who had nothing to do with the wrongs of the past.

How discriminating against me, my children or my grandchildren is somehow OK because Black people were done wrong in the past is not a solution. In the case of my grandchildren by the time they turn 21 it will be over 60 years since the civil rights legislation was passed.

Today Black people my kids age have and had the exact same opportunities as my kids did. In some cases even a slight advantage as colleges and employers are looking to diversify.

As for what happened in Tulsa as well as other places. Taking the land away from todays owners and turning it back over to those it was stolen from only creates more problems while fixing nothing.

Now back to the common sense part of this argument. Imagine the 100's of 1000's of claims that would be made to reclaim property that was stolen 100 or more years ago. Not just from Blacks but from all people. Imagine land that now has a factory or skyscraper on it and the chaos that would come from those properties being tied up in court for the next 25 years or so.

Imagine all the homes like mine which would be in limbo and could never be bought sold or used as collateral for a loan, while the courts decided whether or not the landv was stolen from an Indian Tribe in the 1800's.

What you support like so much of liberalism on paper would be the right thing to do. But, in the real world not only does not work but, creates more problems than it would solve and lacks any degree of common sense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Nobody here is denying that. The rub is that there is no way to right those wrongs without wronging people today. People who had nothing to do with the wrongs of the past.

How discriminating against me, my children or my grandchildren is somehow OK because Black people were done wrong in the past is not a solution. In the case of my grandchildren by the time they turn 21 it will be over 60 years since the civil rights legislation was passed.

Today Black people my kids age have and had the exact same opportunities as my kids did. In some cases even a slight advantage as colleges and employers are looking to diversify.

As for what happened in Tulsa as well as other places. Taking the land away from todays owners and turning it back over to those it was stolen from only creates more problems while fixing nothing.

Now back to the common sense part of this argument. Imagine the 100's of 1000's of claims that would be made to reclaim property that was stolen 100 or more years ago. Not just from Blacks but from all people. Imagine land that now has a factory or skyscraper on it and the chaos that would come from those properties being tied up in court for the next 25 years or so.

Imagine all the homes like mine which would be in limbo and could never be bought sold or used as collateral for a loan, while the courts decided whether or not the landv was stolen from an Indian Tribe in the 1800's.

What you support like so much of liberalism on paper would be the right thing to do. But, in the real world not only does not work but, creates more problems than it would solve and lacks any degree of common sense.

If it were YOUR grandparents that had their land stolen, you would want it back. But, of course, you don't believe blacks deserve anything. You get pissed when blacks complain of discrimination or unfair treatment. But if YOU are treated unfairly, or called a redneck, you go nuts.

As a white man, you demand respect and fair treatment. You don't think anyone else - female or people of color - deserve it, and you bitch when they demand it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:51 am 
Board Emeritus

If it were YOUR grandparents that had their land stolen, you would want it back. But, of course, you don't believe blacks deserve anything. You get pissed when blacks complain of discrimination or unfair treatment. But if YOU are treated unfairly, or called a redneck, you go nuts.

As a white man, you demand respect and fair treatment. You don't think anyone else - female or people of color - deserve it, and you bitch when they demand it.

You ae missing my point. How is it fair for me to lose my home if my land was stolen from the Catawba's in the 1800's. Yes in your example my grandparents would have been wronged. If the person or company that stole their land still owned it then there would be legal ways to go about getting it back. In most cases the property that was stolen has gone through so many different hands that punishing today's owners is little more than the oppressed becoming the oppressors.

Tying so much of our countries real estate in court for the next 25 to 50 years would bring our economy and our country to a grinding halt. As none of the property involved in the litigation could be bought or sold.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 am 
Board Emeritus

You ae missing my point. How is it fair for me to lose my home if my land was stolen from the Catawba's in the 1800's. Yes in your example my grandparents would have been wronged. If the person or company that stole their land still owned it then there would be legal ways to go about getting it back. In most cases the property that was stolen has gone through so many different hands that punishing today's owners is little more than the oppressed becoming the oppressors.

Tying so much of our countries real estate in court for the next 25 to 50 years would bring our economy and our country to a grinding halt. As none of the property involved in the litigation could be bought or sold.

So, fuck'em. Unless it's white people, it don't matter. I note that corporations and Republicans are the most lawsuit-happy people around, and you don't mind it when THEY sue.

Again, just because you buy or inherit stolen property, does NOT make you the rightful owner. I guess that's the right-wing mentality, and how you guys came up with the concept of money laundering.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:19 am 
Board Emeritus

So, fuck'em. Unless it's white people, it don't matter. I note that corporations and Republicans are the most lawsuit-happy people around, and you don't mind it when THEY sue.

Again, just because you buy or inherit stolen property, does NOT make you the rightful owner. I guess that's the right-wing mentality, and how you guys came up with the concept of money laundering.

Their race doesn't matter and isn't the issue. What matters is what you think is the correct thing to do would destroy the US economy and thus the worlds. As millions of pieces of real estate would be in limbo for decades.

Then there would be the lawsuits about the oil and minerals which were taken for a profit from the land over the last 100 years. Then there would be who owns the improvements.Lets say my home went to the Cawtaba 's do you think I would continue to pay my mortgage. Nobody would which would lead to financial ruin for both individuals and lending institutions. As well as places like State Farm where I have my mortgage.

So you would have law suits over who owns the land, what to do about the improvements made on the land. Who owns the mineral rights and what to do about the minerals which had been taken from the land over the time frame.

All of which would cripple the real estate market, the energy and mineral industry and our financial industries. In other words would wipe out not only our economy but the entire worlds economy.

See this is why I could never be a liberal. Fixing this wrong is absolutely on paper the correct and moral thing to do. But, when you apply common sense to the issue it becomes obvious that the cure is worse than the disease.

The correct view is that things like what happened in Tulsa and other places was terrible but, there just isn't anyway to right the wrong.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next