RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 am 
Board Emeritus

He's done damaging Italy. Now to wreck the rest of Europe. Looks like this is his new gig.

Trump's ex-aide Bannon to address National Front congress in France
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fran ... SKBN1GM07Q

PARIS (Reuters) - Former White House strategist Steve Bannon, a champion of Donald Trump’s “America First” agenda, will address the party congress of France’s far-right National Front on Saturday, a senior official of the French anti-immigrant party said.

[snip]

National Front leader Marine Le Pen will meet Bannon at her party’s convention in the French city of Lille on Saturday, her partner Louis Aliot said in a tweet.

[snip][end]

Yeah, and Marine Le Pen got support from .... guess who.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:48 pm 
Policy Wonk

He's done damaging Italy. Now to wreck the rest of Europe. Looks like this is his new gig.

Trump's ex-aide Bannon to address National Front congress in France
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fran ... SKBN1GM07Q

PARIS (Reuters) - Former White House strategist Steve Bannon, a champion of Donald Trump’s “America First” agenda, will address the party congress of France’s far-right National Front on Saturday, a senior official of the French anti-immigrant party said.

[snip]

National Front leader Marine Le Pen will meet Bannon at her party’s convention in the French city of Lille on Saturday, her partner Louis Aliot said in a tweet.

[snip][end]

Yeah, and Marine Le Pen got support from .... guess who.

Let me do a W.A.G. here and say Russia?

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

The people who rant about "globalism" (translation: Jews), or who advocate closed borders and strict nationalism, have no problem with doing everything globally and trans-nationally. They share info, tactics, and usually financing. And yes, they get help from Russia, as often as not.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, it's a perverse kind of Internationale.

I think there's a word for it. Maybe we could it Eurasianism.

Or the International Eurasian Union...
http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/the-dan ... as-expense

Weird thing ... it does kind of remind me of the ambition of some of the Tzars. (I understand the pre-Russian root word there is "Caesar".)

Nationalists of the world ... loosely align! Under the banner of a RW traditionalist neo-feudal Empire ...

I know you don't like postmodernists, Zowie, but Dugin is a definite anti-modernist Reactionary. He guided Putin toward attacking Modernity itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yay ... here's what Bannon said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... as-a-badge

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon encouraged members of France's far-right National Front party on Saturday to embrace backlash to their positions as "a badge of honor."

"Let them call you racists, let them call you xenophobes, let them call you nativists, wear it as a badge of honor," Bannon told members of the anti-mass immigration party in video published by The Washington Post.

Bannon spoke at the National Front's annual convention in the French city of Lille after traveling through Europe in recent weeks for meetings with populist leaders of various parties. From his travels, Bannon said he is now certain "history is on our side."

Bannon said he agreed with Le Pen's expressed belief that "it is not about left versus right. That's too simplistic and it's the way the opposition party, media, has always kept us out of power. "She described it perfectly: it's do you consider the nation state an obstacle to be overcome or a jewel to be polished, loved and nurtured?"

[snip][end]

Keep polishing your jewel, Bannon.

The need for the nation state has not been superseded ... it's why I'm still the supporter of a few varieties of nationalism. (Not jingoism.)

I guess the weird thing is, you don't have to view the nation state as an obstacle, to think that perhaps we can build larger structures that encompass it.

That would kind of be like saying an organism is an "enemy" of a living cell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey look: Putin says maybe the Jews did it. Another delightful gem from the Tsarist era making a comeback.

PUTIN: JEWS MIGHT HAVE BEEN BEHIND U.S. ELECTION INTERFERENCE
http://www.jpost.com/International/Puti ... nce-544708

Jews with Russian citizenship could have been behind interference in the 2016 US presidential election, President Vladimir Putin said.

In an interview with NBC News broadcast on Friday, Putin said that he “could not care less” about indictments issued by US Special Counsel Robert Mueller accusing Russian nationals and companies of election interference, stating that “they do not represent the interests of the Russian state” and are unrelated to the Kremlin.

“Maybe they’re not even Russians,” said Putin. “Maybe they’re Ukrainians, Tatars, Jews, just with Russian citizenship, even that needs to be checked.”

MKs Ksenia Svetlova and Dr. Nachman Shai (Zionist Union) called on the Israeli government to condemn Putin’s remarks.

“Maybe the Jews interfered in the American elections, maybe the Jews control the world, maybe Jews slaughtered the Jews in Poland. For all those allegations, there is one origin: Jew-hatred,” said Svetlova. “I expect the Israeli government to come out strongly against these serious remarks made by the Russian president. If Israel won’t defend the Jews, nobody will do so in its place.”

“This is the worst form of antisemitism,” said Shai. “[Putin’s] comments demonstrate that nothing has changed in the perception of Jews as those responsible for the ‘world’s evil.’ A strong response is required from the Israeli government.

[snip][end]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Let them call you racists, let them call you xenophobes, let them call you nativists, wear it as a badge of honor," Bannon told members of the anti-mass immigration party in video published by The Washington Post.

Remember I used to say for years and years and years this is why I don't call them "racists"?

Yes, it is exactly a badge of honor for them.

Nothing makes racist whites more self-satisfied than to be called "racist," especially by someone of African descent.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

They are very proud of their racism - and guys like glen and Joe, who say they AREN'T racist, welcome them to their party.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

They are very proud of their racism - and guys like glen and Joe, who say they AREN'T racist, welcome them to their party.

Since I do not speak nor do I pretend to represent the Republican Party, I really have nothing to welcome anybody into. So unless you can show a post where I did or where I supported racism, then this is just another lie on your part. You should spend time figuring out where you stand on the issues and why rather that assigning positions to other board members.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Since I do not speak nor do I pretend to represent the Republican Party, I really have nothing to welcome anybody into. So unless you can show a post where I did or where I supported racism, then this is just another lie on your part. You should spend time figuring out where you stand on the issues and why rather that assigning positions to other board members.

Nope. You don't have to be a racist to be a Republican, but you have to accept the racism in your party, because, well, they're pretty much running it these days. I note that you come to this thread not to denounce Bannon and his white supremacy, but rather to denounce me.

And that says it all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nope. You don't have to be a racist to be a Republican, but you have to accept the racism in your party, because, well, they're pretty much running it these days. I note that you come to this thread not to denounce Bannon and his white supremacy, but rather to denounce me.

And that says it all.

White conservatives are the reason racism thrives today and why their vigilante totalitarianism was the law of the land for 400+ years.

They'll never denounce the Bannons in their party any more than they denounce David Duke (R - Klan), Governor Faubus (D - Jim Crow) or Strom Thurmond (R - Dead). Why would they? They vote for and support these unwashed bigots.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

And that says it all.

Anyone who purports to speak for another deserves to be denounced. You do not speak for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anyone who purports to speak for another deserves to be denounced. You do not speak for me.

But Bannon speaks for the Republicans, and you're worried about ME. I'd say you have your priorities all screwed up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

But Bannon speaks for the Republicans, and you're worried about ME. I'd say you have your priorities all screwed up.

I wasn’t in this thread but you mention me by name. I believe that is against the board rules. I do not pretend to speak for the Republican Party and I don’t believe that Bannon does either. But you are welcome to your opinion. I would appreciate it if you would stick to expressing your beliefs instead of lying about mine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's The Kiss Of Death of the right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:00 am 
Board Emeritus

I wasn’t in this thread but you mention me by name. I believe that is against the board rules. I do not pretend to speak for the Republican Party and I don’t believe that Bannon does either. But you are welcome to your opinion. I would appreciate it if you would stick to expressing your beliefs instead of lying about mine.

How is it against board rules to mention someone else in a thread??

Steve Bannon is a typical conservative white person who expresses typical white conservative views. It's part of why Donald Trump finds success in your party. These views and those who express them are propped up by your vote and your support, exactly like in years, decades, centuries past.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Steve Bannon is a typical conservative white person who expresses typical white conservative views. It's part of why Donald Trump finds success in your party. These views and those who express them are propped up by your vote and your support, exactly like in years, decades, centuries past.

Like most conservatives, Joe doesn't take responsibility for his actions. He's here to complain about liberals, not to be reminded of the consequences of his actions at the voting booth.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 am 
Board Emeritus

Via the WaPo:

“What I’ve learned is that you’re part of a worldwide movement, that is bigger than France, bigger than Italy, bigger than Hungary — bigger than all of it. And history is on our side,” he said. “The tide of history is with us, and it will compel us to victory after victory after victory.”

He also encouraged the party to stick to its nationalistic roots. “Let them call you racists. Let them call you xenophobes. Let them call you nativists,” he said.

One thing I know Joe won't do - say ONE WORD against Bannon and the racist immigrant bashing right. It's who he votes for. Marsha Blackburn, the Senate candidate who Joe will vote for in November, is virulently anti-immigrant, is against the Dreamers and wants to build Trump's wall.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:59 am 
Board Emeritus

You do not speak for me.

Well...it's not like you do much speaking for you. Not with all the bullshit doubletalk you're continuously spew around here. How's about you dig yourself out from under all this shit you're shoveling and be straight about all of it? What do you really think, Joe? How do you really feel about black people and Muslims and Jews and Mexicans and women who take control of their own reproductive systems and LGBTQ and Ryan/McConnel and Joe Arpaio and Roy Moore and of course...Donald. I'd be really interested in what you really think about...how you really feel deep down...about a black muslim lesbian woman who's had an abortion. Yikes.

Kinda fuckin' doubt it. It's so much more fun for you to have GoU to kick around whenever you're a little miffed about how silly he's making you look. Nope...I'm gonna go with GoU's impressions since there's nothing anywhere near in touch with reality coming outta you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 am 
Board Emeritus

As far as Bannon is concerned, he's Donald's mentor. He's the model. What this is about is a narcissistic pig who feels so much better about himself when he's being cheered wildly by 1500 wild-eyed asshole concealed-carrying bigots that he just can't stop finding ways to put himself in front of 1500 drooling wilde-eyed asshole concealed-carrying bigots whenever he can. The neo-nazis in Europe, like the neo-confederates and klan in this country are easy to find and always willing to show up at a gathering where everybody will be surrounded by their own kind. So that's what Bannon does. It's what Donald does.

Does it suggest that the next time Marine LePen decides to run for the French presidency that she will get more than 33% of the vote? It does not.

PS - France probably has more neo-nazis per capita than any other country in Europe. Probably way more than Germany where the children and grandchildren of the people who put Hitler in the driver's seat and then looked the other way, have a considerably better handle on just how fucked up the outcome was.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 am 
Board Emeritus

So, if Steve Bannon is right that he helped Trump win in the last months of the campaign ... and he crafted Trump's message to Republican voters ...

I guess I will merely point out (without personal attacks): what does that say about Republican voters?

Has the Republican Party in the U.S. become like Italy's Northern League and France's National Front? Because Bannon went from the first, to the others ...

BTW: In a parliamentary system, you don't need to get more than 33% of the vote ... because if you get 33%, and you enter into a coalition with another party with 18%, you now have a parliamentary majority, and control the parliament, and in most systems, get to pick the Prime Minister, the head of government.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 am 
Board Emeritus

What Joe wants is to be the Donald Trump of RFL. He's operating out of the now notorious, "Get out niggers...Trump is president and I can do whatever I want", school of social intercourse. From personal experience I have found that Joe sees himself as the arbiter of all forum participation including, but not limited to...who can speak to whom in any particular post, who can refer to whom in any particular post, who can remark about a post made by whomever in any particular post, etc. Joe is the dark prince of "I wasn't talking to you." Well...tough fucking outs Joe...we all have or have had mothers, none of whom was you. So we will be talking about whatever and whomever we fucking please. And the day you become a moderator and have some authority to exact little chunks of right-wingjob justice here...well that's probably gonna be the day I'm outta here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:38 am 
Board Emeritus

So, if Steve Bannon is right that he helped Trump win in the last months of the campaign ... and he crafted Trump's message to Republican voters ...

I guess I will merely point out (without personal attacks): what does that say about Republican voters?

Has the Republican Party in the U.S. become like Italy's Northern League and France's National Front? Because Bannon went from the first, to the others ...

BTW: In a parliamentary system, you don't need to get more than 33% of the vote ... because if you get 33%, and you enter into a coalition with another party with 18%, you now have a parliamentary majority, and control the parliament, and in most systems, get to pick the Prime Minister, the head of government.

Educate me on this last part will ya perfesser? Is it if a particular party receives a third of the vote they have these powers. But what if the presidential candidate gets a third of the vote. I'm not hearing that Marine LePen has anything to say about the operations of the French government...but of course, I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:43 am 
Board Emeritus

OK. Just checked. France doesn't do it this way, the President appoints the Prime Minister.

However, in other parliamentary systems, many of them, I think, if your party is part of a coalition that then has a 51% parliamentary majority, your coalition picks the PM, which could come from any of the parties that are in the coalition. By tradition, it's usually the one with the biggest vote share, but not necessarily. So if party A has 33%, party B has 18%, they form a coalition, the PM could come from party A, in fact, often might.

In a parliamentary system where you may have dozens of political parties running, it's actually extremely rare for ANY party to get 51% of the vote outright. Coalitions are almost always necessary to get a majority of the legislative seats.

I know, in our country with its "first past the post"/plurality voting system, this is unfamiliar. Of course, our system is actually more rare in democracies than the parliamentary one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

It isn't. That's not the definition of a "call-out thread".

I guess Joe thinks that I couldn't say something like "I wonder what Carmen would think of this issue?"

No, Joe, like most conservatives, tries to twist rules to their own advantage. It's a tactic called "playing the ref".