It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Way to go Big Airlines. :problem:

Dog Dies On United Flight After Passenger Forced To Put Carrier In Overhead Bin

A dog died aboard a United Airlines plane Monday, after passengers say a fellow flyer was forced to stow her dog in the overhead bin for the duration of the flight.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 72b4bf7d36

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Must have been a very small dog in a very small dog carrier. And a pet owner who insisted, bellyached to no end, that their pet must accompany them at all times. That their pet couldn't possibly be put were pets belong in an aircraft.

I've seen that passenger bellyaching to no end boarding show before. :|

There's an obvious solution for this so it won't ever happen again. All pets are either checked and go into the checked pet compartment, or the owner buys a ticket for a seat for that pet, so that pet can sit next to them, in their carrier strapped into the seat.

I would rather the airlines would insist that ALL pets go in the checked pet compartment or they don't go on board.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm 
Policy Wonk

Pure animal cruelty at its worst.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Must have been a very small dog in a very small dog carrier. And a pet owner who insisted, bellyached to no end, that their pet must accompany them at all times. That their pet couldn't possibly be put were pets belong in an aircraft.

I've seen that passenger bellyaching to no end boarding show before. :|

There's an obvious solution for this so it won't ever happen again. All pets are either checked and go into the checked pet compartment, or the owner buys a ticket for a seat for that pet, so that pet can sit next to them, in their carrier strapped into the seat.

I would rather the airlines would insist that ALL pets go in the checked pet compartment or they don't go on board.

Sorry, Sam. You’re wrong. United fucked up big time. Yes, I get that there are more animals traveling with people these days. That is because shithead cheap-ass airlines have driven prices down. I can’t imagine the terror that dog felt. There is always a away to get something done. It is called compromise.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sorry, Sam. You’re wrong. United fucked up big time. Yes, I get that there are more animals traveling with people these days. That is because shithead cheap-ass airlines have driven prices down. I can’t imagine the terror that dog felt. There is always a away to get something done. It is called compromise.

I didn't say United didn't fuck up. What I said amounted to the fact that both the dogs owner and United fucked up big time. Two fuck ups met.

And then I said what I think would fix it so it doesn't ever happen again.

I was on a flight sitting next to someone who had a cat in a carrier. Except that cat didn't stay in that carrier because the cats owner kept letting it out. It wasn't fun for me, the crew, or anyone within five seats of that precious cats owners seat.

After that flight experience I'm firmly on the no pets in the passenger compartment side of this issue.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

My daughter has a service dog to help her with her anxiety. Her dog had to be trained and certified to obtain that distinction. She has had the honor of sitting next to people like Sam, who question her dog, her status, and make her life hell for entire flights.

If you don't Like the law, move to have it changed. Until then, shut up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

My daughter has a service dog to help her with her anxiety. Her dog had to be trained and certified to obtain that distinction. She has had the honor of sitting next to people like Sam, who question her dog, her status, and make her life hell for entire flights.

If you don't Like the law, move to have it changed. Until then, shut up.

I don't have a problem with service dogs. We haven't been talking about service dogs.

Where the hell did you get the idea that you can read my mind and know what I think about your daughters service dog?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

I don't have a problem with service dogs. We haven't been talking about service dogs.

Where the hell did you get the idea that you can read my mind and know what I think about your daughters service dog?

Bullshit you coward. You say to check all pets, you lament about sitting next to cat.

I don’t need to read your mind, I read your posts, and it offers a glimpse into your dark soul on a daily basis.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bullshit you coward. You say to check all pets, you lament about sitting next to cat.

I don’t need to read your mind, I read your posts, and it offers a glimpse into your dark soul on a daily basis.

Preacher Mcslain, from your pulpit you've pointed your hoary finger of judgment at me and pronounced for all to see and hear that I have a "dark soul on a daily basis."

:rofl:

That's funny! :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am 
Political Junkie

Hmmm.... My daughter has flown to a FEMA Search and rescue training camp in Florida twice in the last six months. (he's certified here in Mn. She's going for FEMA certification. Live search.) It's prearranged. She boards with the dog, takes a seat and gives the command "platz". ('plots' German for "down") He lays at her feet and does not move until given the command to do so. Her biggest problem so far is the people that want to pet the dog and talk to her about search and rescue.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

I see no problem with service dogs or those that are well trained. i could see a problem with animals that are not trained as such though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am 
Board Emeritus

I've seen that passenger bellyaching to no end boarding show before.

There's an obvious solution for this so it won't ever happen again.

This will not happen if a stupid airlines employee doesn't pay attention during training and insists that the passenger's pet, I believe a 10 month old pug puppy, needs to be put in the overhead where it will be "safe".

Fuck you and your "passenger bellyaching." WTF is wrong with you? Sometimes this shit from you is entertaining, maybe even funny...with this you're just a know-it-all prick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 am 
Board Emeritus

This will not happen if a stupid airlines employee doesn't pay attention during training and insists that the passenger's pet, I believe a 10 month old pug puppy, needs to be put in the overhead where it will be "safe".

Fuck you and your "passenger bellyaching." WTF is wrong with you? Sometimes this shit from you is entertaining, maybe even funny...with this you're just a know-it-all prick.

You spot if you got it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

You spot if you got it. :)

The woman followed instructions...United killed her pet. And the best you can do with it is go into your typical mean spirited prick act. Then again, maybe it's an act, maybe it ain't.

PS - obviously you've never been to a 12-step meeting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:09 am 
Board Emeritus

The woman followed instructions...United killed her pet. And the best you can do with it is go into your typical mean spirited prick act. Maybe it's an act, maybe it ain't.

PS - obviously you've never been to a 12-step meeting.

I covered that with Bird in a followup post. United fucked up. But that still does not change the fact that the pet owner took her pet into an overcrowded, overstuffed tube filled with people who don't have enough elbow room, a place a pet does not belong.

That cat I was next to was miserable. It freaked out at the beginning of the flight, was yowling endlessly and trying to break out of its carrier, and it lost control of its bowels. The person who owned the cat was arguing with the flight attendants repeatedly because he kept letting it out and was trying to hold it on his lap while the cat was squirming in his arms trying to get away.

It was the flight from hell Ike. :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Animals other than seeing eye dogs do not belong on any flight

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18