RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

So if he is allowed to retire and later it is learned that he has committed some illegal or unethical acts, could they not charge him criminally and could they not seize his pension? Pension/retirement plans are always tough to attach in my experience. I had an employee who was convicted of embezzling millions of dollars over a period of years. I had proof that she had funded her 401K with stolen money. Still I was told it would be difficult to seize her 401K. The employee eventually relinquished all rights to the 401K but it was only in the hopes of getting a more favorable prison sentence after pleading guilty to the theft.

Point is that it is extremely difficult to take someone's retirement funds. Maybe the FBI and government employees at that level have different rules or maybe he is in bigger trouble that we know.

No, it's just Trump's folks being mean and petty, just like they did with Tillerson. Wait for the Friday night news dump to do your dirty work.

That's why it's hard to take people's pensions, to prevent such skullduggery.

Obviously no matter WHAT Trump and his corrupt cronies do, you will defend it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, it's just Trump's folks being mean and petty, just like they did with Tillerson. Wait for the Friday night news dump to do your dirty work.

That's why it's hard to take people's pensions, to prevent such skullduggery.

Obviously no matter WHAT Trump and his corrupt cronies do, you will defend it.

JM is the Jeff Flake of the RFL. Claims to be critical of Trump in public when the cameras are on. When it comes to a vote, will rubberstamp everything DJT does.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well...He recused himself...

Indeed

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well you said you didn't know. You still floated the idea though, right.

"Many people are saying..."

Pure speculation on my part. I have no proof.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Shortly after firing:

Quote:
@FBIAgentsAssoc
Follow @FBIAgentsAssoc

Statement from FBIAA President Thomas O’Connor (@tfoconnor83):

“FBI Special Agents put their lives on the line every day to defend our country from criminal and national security threats.”
(1/3)
8:23 PM - 16 Mar 2018

@FBIAgentsAssoc
10 minutes ago

“Since its founding, the FBIAA has worked in cooperation with the Bureau and with Congress to develop personnel procedures that simultaneously guarantee the professionalism of the FBI and the rights of Special Agents.”

@FBIAgentsAssoc
minutes ago

“While the FBIAA does not comment on personnel matters, the Association remains fully committed to ensuring that every FBIAA member is provided appropriate procedural protections. The FBIAA also strongly believes that personnel decisions should never be politicized.”

Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

The attorney general accepted an internal FBI recommendation that "concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions," Sessions said in a statement.

The internal FBI investigation recommended dismissal over McCabe's alleged "lack of candor" about contacts he had with a former Wall Street Journal reporter in 2016.
https://www.npr.org/2018/03/16/57167191 ... t=20180316

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

JM is the Jeff Flake of the RFL. Claims to be critical of Trump in public when the cameras are on. When it comes to a vote, will rubberstamp everything DJT does.

++++++++++++

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Pure speculation on my part. I have no proof.

Haven't you railed against speculation on this board?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:21 am 
Board Emeritus

Haven't you railed against speculation on this board?

I don’t speculate and call it fact. There is a difference. I also am not saying McCabe is guilty. I am just speculating that there must be more to this than has been made public. The punishment seems to me to be rather severe for a conflict of interest problem but without seeing the IG report or hearing from the Office of Professional Responsibility, we don’t have all the facts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:28 am 
Board Emeritus

I don’t speculate and call it fact. There is a difference. I also am not saying McCabe is guilty. I am just speculating that there must be more to this than has been made public. The punishment seems to me to be rather severe for a conflict of interest problem but without seeing the IG report or hearing from the Office of Professional Responsibility, we don’t have all the facts.

But when we speculate that Donald Trump is a vile and petty man that just wants to destroy someone who doesn't pledge fealty to him, it's wrong, eh?

Quite the double standard.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:37 am 
Board Emeritus

But when we speculate that Donald Trump is a vile and petty man that just wants to destroy someone who doesn't pledge fealty to him, it's wrong, eh?

Quite the double standard.

I don’t believe I have ever made that claim. You are welcome to your opinion of the man. I am not a fan of his either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:39 am 
Board Emeritus

I don’t believe I have ever made that claim. You are welcome to your opinion of the man. I am not a campfire his either.

So, don't you think it's likely that's what's going on, since Trump tweeted that he wanted to strip him of his pension?

Using Occam's razor, that's the most likely explanation.

Hell, Trump's administration just leaked that Tillerson was on the toilet when he found out he was being fired. Why else would you put something like that out, other than to just humiliate people in the most vile way?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 am 
Board Emeritus

looks like evidence for a lawsuit and more obstruction added to the list

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Wait until the last minute, a Friday night, just to be as nasty as you can.

And Joe will give Trump the benefit of the doubt...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:46 am 
Board Emeritus

So, don't you think it's likely that's what's going on, since Trump tweeted that he wanted to strip him of his pension?

Using Occam's razor, that's the most likely explanation.

Hell, Trump's administration just leaked that Tillerson was on the toilet when he found out he was being fired. Why else would you put something like that out, other than to just humiliate people in the most vile way?

As I said earlier, I am not a Trump fan. All I know about McCabe is what has been reported. From what I read, his termination was the recommendation of the FBI Office of Professional Comduct. According to the press, the FBI OPC is not political.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:48 am 
Board Emeritus

As I said earlier, I am not a Trump fan. All I know about McCabe is what has been reported. From what I read, his termination was the recommendation of the FBI Office of Professional Comduct. According to the press, the FBI OPC is not political.

And you believe what Jeff Sessions releases, eh?

And why was Trump putting out wanting to strip him of his pension in tweets weeks ago? And why was this done on the Friday news dump?

You defend the indefensible. But hey, Obama is corrupt, right, and his Attorney Generals were VERY political, right? :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:54 am 
Board Emeritus

And you believe what Jeff Sessions releases, eh?

And why was Trump putting out wanting to strip him of his pension in tweets weeks ago? And why was this done on the Friday news dump?

You defend the indefensible. But hey, Obama is corrupt, right, and his Attorney Generals were VERY political, right? :roll:

I have the same information as everybody else. All I know for a fact is that McCabe has been fired.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:58 am 
Board Emeritus

I have the same information as everybody else. All I know for a fact is that McCabe has been fired.

Well, I know more than you do. You ignore what you don't want to hear.

Government employees can be denied pensions if they are convicted of crimes. If they believe that McCabe should not get a pension, then charge him. FUCKING CHARGE HIM!

Funny how Trump isn't calling for Micheal Flynn, who has pled guilty to conspiring against our government, to lose HIS pension!

You ignore Trump's public calls to deny McCabe his pension because of his support of James Comey. That should be illegal interference in our government right there.

But hey, Trump's a Republican, so it's okay. You say you don't support him, but you come here and support everything he does. Funny that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Government employees can be denied pensions if they are convicted of crimes. If they believe that McCabe should not get a pension, then charge him. FUCKING CHARGE HIM!

Funny how Trump isn't calling for Micheal Flynn, who has pled guilty to conspiring against our government, to lose HIS pension!

You ignore Trump's public calls to deny McCabe his pension because of his support of James Comey. That should be illegal interference in our government right there.

But hey, Trump's a Republican, so it's okay. You say you don't support him, but you come here and support everything he does. Funny that.

Conservative white males are dishonest with themselves about what they are.

No one should expect honesty about any topic from them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:01 am 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:16 am 
Board Emeritus

I have not taken a position on this firing one way or the other. I have no idea what facts the FBI OPC had used to come to their recommendation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:17 am 
Board Emeritus

I have not taken a position on this firing one way or the other. I have no idea what facts the FBI OPC had used to come to their recommendation.

:rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Flynn's military pension is separate from his non-military career. About the only way he could lose his military pension is if he's found guilty of treason, espionage, sabotage, etc.. Unless he's convicted for one of those crimes he'll continue to receive his pension. If he's convicted of any other crime he still gets his pension.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Yes we #maga hats are so self-loathing, to the point where we're eager to vote for our own destruction.

Donald Trump could shoot somebody in Times Square and we'd still pull the lever for him!!!!

#maga!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:56 am 
Board Emeritus

I heard that he could get a couple of days of federal service just working for a congressperson for a weekend. Not sure if that's true or not. But it would be funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next