RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Buckle up everybody. This is the step preparimg the country for the presidential pardoning of every member of the Trump criminal enterprise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Scooter Libby wrote a novel, The Apprentice.

Let that sink in. :|

The description of the book by St. Martin's Press:

Quote:
The Apprentice takes place in a remote mountain inn in northernmost Japan, where a raging blizzard has brought together wayfarers who share only fear and suspicion of one another. It is the winter of 1903, the country is beset with smallpox and war is brewing with Russia.

In the flickering shadows of the crowded room, the apprentice, charged with running the inn during the owner's absence, finds himself strongly attracted to one of the performers lodged there. His involvement with the mysterious travelers plunges him headlong into murder, passion and heart-stopping chases through the snow.

"It has been described as "a thriller ... that includes references to bestiality, pedophilia and rape."

"At age ten the madam put the child in a cage with a bear trained to couple with young girls so the girls would be frigid and not fall in love with their patrons. They fed her through the bars and aroused the bear with a stick when it seemed to lose interest. Groups of men paid to watch."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Appre ... ibby_novel)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 am 
Policy Wonk

Elections have consequences...

Country is going to pay a heavy price for hating Hilary Clinton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, well....

1) so glad Trump is not a "neocon" ... but he's pardoning Dick Cheney's Cheney, basically the fall-guy for him. You know, he is shopping for a new CoS ...
2) I agree this appears mostly to be a trial run to see what he can get away with with regard to the pardon power (likewise, Sheriff Arpaio) ...

Those with political memories who follow political history (like us) are going, angrily, "What?!?"
Those who don't pay close attention, may just be going "Who?" I mean, that saga was two administrations ago.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:01 am 
Board Emeritus

BTW - when I saw this last night on Maddow, she was interviewing Nicolle Wallace. I failed to give credit for the terminology I used. The former G.W, Bush Communications Director referred to the prospective pardonees as members of the "criminal enterprise known as the Bush Administration."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Saw that.

smgdmfh

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Saw that.

BTW - I'm not exactly sure what it is about Nicolle Wallace...sure she's cutesy and all...but there's something about her that just makes me fucking crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

"It has been described as "a thriller ... that includes references to bestiality, pedophilia and rape."

"At age ten the madam put the child in a cage with a bear trained to couple with young girls so the girls would be frigid and not fall in love with their patrons. They fed her through the bars and aroused the bear with a stick when it seemed to lose interest. Groups of men paid to watch."

Yeesh. No thanks.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, well....

1) so glad Trump is not a "neocon" ... but he's pardoning Dick Cheney's Cheney, basically the fall-guy for him. You know, he is shopping for a new CoS ...
2) I agree this appears mostly to be a trial run to see what he can get away with with regard to the pardon power (likewise, Sheriff Arpaio) ...

Those with political memories who follow political history (like us) are going, angrily, "What?!?"
Those who don't pay close attention, may just be going "Who?" I mean, that saga was two administrations ago.

Hell, this country, as a whole, doesn’t pay attention to what happened last week.

Unless, of course, a Kardashian was involved, a gay person wanted their rights or a person of color noted that his/her rights were trampled. Then all rw twitter-hell breaks loose.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:56 am 
Board Emeritus

There's no argument around here that this is a culture war anymore...right?

Except for Joe of course, who just wants to wait and see if there's cause to call it a culture war.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:59 am 
Board Emeritus

Scooter always seemed pretty fucked up to me. It's so discouraging that Nicolle Wallace and Scooter were such pals.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 am 
Board Emeritus

BTW - I'm not exactly sure what it is about Nicolle Wallace...sure she's cutesy and all...but there's something about her that just makes me fucking crazy.

Good crazy or bad crazy?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Libby was indicted on obstruction. This is a signal to flippers that there is a pardon in it for them.

Also significant - James Comey was the person who appointed the special counsel in the Scooter Libby case.

It's pretty obvious what this is all about.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Libby was indicted on obstruction. This is a signal to flippers that there is a pardon in it for them.

Also significant - James Comey was the person who appointed the special counsel in the Scooter Libby case.

It's pretty obvious what this is all about.

:arrow: Sure thing. Trump isn't sending any messages to Flynn, Gates, Manafort or Papadopoulos or anything~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

Done and Done.

Scooter is Pardoned.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... ca2cb92053.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Joe diGenova's wife Victoria Toensing, is Scooter Libby's attorney. A few weeks ago these two clowns were going to represent Trump but bailed. Interesting. There's a lot of dimension to this pardon.

Last edited by Drak on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Let me also now point out Timmeh's Mr. Most Against the Iraq War Ever has now made one of its chief architects his National Security Advisor, and pardoned someone who almost certainly was involved in "Plamegate" which came down to discrediting those who exposed the lies leading up to war.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

he did this just to show off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

gropers MAIN GOAL is showing off. getting a response. reality tv.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Painfully obvious that this was a poke in Comey’s eye, nothing more.