RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

Let me say this - the things you say, the things you post - make me really, really wonder how you feel deep down. Too much of what you post and what you say tell me that, in your heart, you hold us in contempt.

I have the same concerns. Which is the real Glenn? Hard to know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sorry but you are wrong on all counts. I was anti Trump long before he ran for prez. Your cops killing blacks post is beyond stupid. The women who was run down I would have to revisit but I am sure you are wrong. As for destroying works of art that you find offensive that is wrong. Those statues should have been relocated.

YOU WERE PRO-TRUMP ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE RIGHT GLENN? YOU SAID IT WAS TO AVOID CONFLICT WITH YOUR FAMILY?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

glen see's Birth of A Nation as a documentary. It was one the most racist movies ever made.

glen put his Racist Republican Party before his , racists from my experience of having raised in the South is that they stick together. He loves his Racist Republican Party more than he loves his country.....not surprising at all.

Even when his party is under the control of Russian Backed, Russian Supported Dictator, he cares more for his Racist Republican Party and fears any action taken against the Russian Backed, Russian Supported Deserter would harm his Racist Republican Party.

News flash your Party is already in it's death throws, but you are just to blind to see it.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glenn, I don't really see people misrepresenting conservative policies as along to ISIS often. However, I think even the most extreme posters here would generally reject that.

You just wanted to appear far Right among your conservative Facebook friends while not appearing unhinged to your liberal friends. Whenever you post obnoxious shit like this on FB, you ignore responses. Yet here you have to address them.

If you want to call us terrorists and Nazis behind out back, people have a right to know you did that. People have a right to know you are playing them.

Well, it's not even really behind our backs.

Be Black, have a contrary word to say about this country's white confederate history; watch the gloves come off. Takes all of about one second, or less.

#WNs

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:53 pm 
Policy Wonk

To be fair, let me suggest that the statues of Confederate generals not be destroyed...but instead, put them in an appropriate place...like Glenn wants. Let's gather them all up and place them in the BASEMENTS of the many outhouses in South Carolina.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have the same concerns. Which is the real Glenn? Hard to know.

I had that concern on page one, which Glen?

Was hard to know because I didn't know.

You said they were the same Glenn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I had that concern on page one, which Glen?

Was hard to know because I didn't know.

You said they were the same Glenn.

Same poster. Different material.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Same poster. Different material.

That's normal, it's a different audience. Might even have relatives there at facebook. A whole different equation.

Who here wouldn't post different material at different places to a different audience, especially if their relatives are there?

You can depend on that I would, do!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:24 am 
Board Emeritus

That's normal, it's a different audience. Might even have relatives there at facebook. A whole different equation.

Who here wouldn't post different material at different places to a different audience, especially if their relatives are there?

Yeah, it's kind of like you have a black friend, and you're great to him, but when you're with your racist white friends, you join in on raving about how all blacks need to die!

Perfectly understandable! :roll:

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:06 am 
Board Emeritus

glen, you don't offend me, you sadden me. You saddened me a great deal the day you told me you wanted Trump to stay as President if it meant removing him would put Dems in power, even if he was under Putin's control.

But here's another post from the guy you reposted. Is this what you think of us?

Does is sadden you when a fellow lefty writes fuck your God?

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:14 am 
Board Emeritus

What does that have to do with your re-posting pretentious, elitist, and racism-apologist memes?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:24 am 
Board Emeritus

So why didn't you compare liberals to those taking down Nazi statutes? Instead you compared liberals to the Nazis. Sounds like you just wanted to spread your anti-liberal hatred in support of a white Supremacist

That post did compare Nazi's to liberals. However the way I interpreted was that they were comparing the act of tearing down statues not the actual mindset. I know that sounds convoluted because I am no wordsmith. It is just wrong to destroy art work and equally wrong to hide history.

I imagine if Conservatives had wanted to remove the statues from ever being viewed it would have been intrpretted by the left as an attempt to rewrite or hide the history of the past. I believe there should have been some compromise put in place prior to the monuments coming down.

As for wanting to scrub Stone Mountain clean, that is wrong no matter how you cut it.

I am truly sorry I offended you as that was not my intention. As for the "real Glenn" and having posted some items that are pro-Trump that is easy to explain. I am a moderate, a right leaning centrist. I do not oppose everything Trump has done, nor do I endorce all of the anti-Trump rhetoric. On those occaisons and they are rare, on FB I will repost a pro-Trump item. Sometimes just because I find them funny. Other times because I agree with the sentiment. One thing you will not find on my FB is any pro-Trump statements that I wrote.

Now, you will find where I have taken several liberal positions and many times the words I write about those positions come from the heart and are my words. I find one of the problems here is to many people want and have a monolithic view about politics and especially the GOP. Even Jdogg has been critisized on those occaisions where some here have felt he has stepped off the reservation.

Finally whenever I post or write something that is found to be offensive it is almost always unitentional and I am always called out for it. With many people having been offended. On the other hand when a Lefrt Winger intentionally write "Fuck Your God" crickets from those very same folks. That is just wrong and shows intollerence.

If anything people on the left should be at the very least embarrassed and at the most outraged when a fellow lefty intentionally is offensive. Especially considering all the times so many here comment on a non-lefty posting something which they find to be offensive.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:25 am 
Board Emeritus

What does that have to do with your re-posting pretentious, elitist, and racism-apologist memes?

It shows what a hypocrite you are to comment and go full snow flake about one while ignoring the other.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, it's kind of like you have a black friend, and you're great to him, but when you're with your racist white friends, you join in on raving about how all blacks need to die!

Is your statement reasonable, or are you pressing the hard extreme?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:35 am 
Board Emeritus

YOU WERE PRO-TRUMP ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE RIGHT GLENN? YOU SAID IT WAS TO AVOID CONFLICT WITH YOUR FAMILY?

I will repost when it is something I agree with. However I never meant the statue deal to compare lefties to Nazi's. Most of the time I just ignore their pro Trump stuff as opposed to making comments about them. Knowing that in less than two years the GOP will not be controlling the House or Senate and that in less than three years Trump will be gone and more than likely the Dems will control the House-Senate and Executive.

As for those who are bigots and from my home town. My home town is literally a village very small. Most of those I hang out with when back home are rarely if ever on FB. I only get to go home a few times a year. The last thing I want to do is run into one of the bigots at the pizza shop and have to engage in an hour long discussion about politics. Which would waste one of my valuable times I get to be home.

One thing about me and I don't know if it is OCD or what, maybe Ike could give a diagnosis. I plan every week of my life months in advance, every day of every week, weeks in advance and literally every minute of every day, days in advance. So if I get pulled into a political discussion at home it throws off the entire time I have scheduled for the Pizza shop.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't do that at all. If I am somewhere and a person starts to go racist I just ignore the comments and attempt to steer the conversation in another direction.

Unlike you who will critisize and call out any comment made by a non-lefty which you disagree with or find offensive. Then turn a blind eye to a fellow lefty who refers to women as whore or who says things like Fuck Your God. So once again you are taking your own actions and deflecting them onto someone else.

Something you do quite often and explains why you use the word hate so often. As because you hate those of an opinion that differs from yours you naturally assume they hate you equally.

Otherwise you would be very angry when a fellow lefty says something like Fuck Your God as it reflects on you. Instead you endorse those comments because they are saying what you believe but, have the intelligence to keep to yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 pm 
Political Junkie

Never been on facebook, most likely never will. My wife and kids have me read some things from theirs though. It's the one odd thing when i asked them about some racy things posted there. Why don't you confront them? Some have opinions you don't like and you ignore it. While it could be interesting to see how many times Glen hit the 'like' button.......i think that goes a bit to far.

i would ask this of ya though, Glen.

[quote="glenfs » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:24 am"][/quote]
As for wanting to scrub Stone Mountain clean, that is wrong no matter how you cut it.

i'm really starting to like this guy...Think about what he says.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

It is self-evident that these men did not fight for the United States of America, They fought against it. They may have been warriors, but in this cause they were not patriots.

These statues are not just stone and metal. They are not just innocent remembrances of a benign history. These monuments purposefully celebrate a fictional, sanitized Confederacy; ignoring the death, ignoring the enslavement, and the terror that it actually stood for.

After the Civil War, these statues were a part of that terrorism as much as a burning cross on someone’s lawn; they were erected purposefully to send a strong message to all who walked in their shadows about who was still in charge in this city.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... th/527721/

btw....the founding fathers stay but get an asterisk added to their statues. ;)

Last edited by bradman on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sam I don't go around comparing Glenn to ISIS anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:15 pm 
Policy Wonk

OFF TOPIC.

Very lame attempt at deflection and misdirection. Stick to the subject glen, which is your racism.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 pm 
Policy Wonk

glen is now running on desparation. He was to deflect and misdirect. He does not want to deal with his latent racism or the racism of his party.

Next will be the patented glen running away, glen is well known for being a coward and tucking tail and runnning away.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

I will repost when it is something I agree with. However I never meant the statue deal to compare lefties to Nazi's. Most of the time I just ignore their pro Trump stuff as opposed to making comments about them. Knowing that in less than two years the GOP will not be controlling the House or Senate and that in less than three years Trump will be gone and more than likely the Dems will control the House-Senate and Executive.

As for those who are bigots and from my home town. My home town is literally a village very small. Most of those I hang out with when back home are rarely if ever on FB. I only get to go home a few times a year. The last thing I want to do is run into one of the bigots at the pizza shop and have to engage in an hour long discussion about politics. Which would waste one of my valuable times I get to be home.

One thing about me and I don't know if it is OCD or what, maybe Ike could give a diagnosis. I plan every week of my life months in advance, every day of every week, weeks in advance and literally every minute of every day, days in advance. So if I get pulled into a political discussion at home it throws off the entire time I have scheduled for the Pizza shop.

Glenn, nobody is ever going to believe you didn't know a post comparing liberals to Nazis and ISIS was doing just that. Nobody is going to believe you didn't know it was offensive. The person you were posting was bitching about having his racism deleted from Facebook. So you knew it was material from a racist. You knew what it said. You knew what is was doing. And last I checked, you haven't deleted it.

It has been SHARED by others in your page though. So you continue to spread this material and continue to defend it.

Nobody is going to let you make this about some other liberal either. Nobody is going to let you make yourself the victim of some unfair standard. That is the same shit your white supremacist friend was talking too. He wasn't a victim. Anti-black Confederates and their supporters are not the victims. You all perpetrate hate and can expect people will react to that. The reaction is not the problem, it is the comeuppance.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't do that at all. If I am somewhere and a person starts to go racist I just ignore the comments and attempt to steer the conversation in another direction.

Unlike you who will critisize and call out any comment made by a non-lefty which you disagree with or find offensive. Then turn a blind eye to a fellow lefty who refers to women as whore or who says things like Fuck Your God. So once again you are taking your own actions and deflecting them onto someone else.

Something you do quite often and explains why you use the word hate so often. As because you hate those of an opinion that differs from yours you naturally assume they hate you equally.

Otherwise you would be very angry when a fellow lefty says something like Fuck Your God as it reflects on you. Instead you endorse those comments because they are saying what you believe but, have the intelligence to keep to yourself.

So you pal around with racists and don't even take a stand against racism when it is right in front of you?

No wonder you are fighting for the racist KKK statues then. The only time you fight in regards to racism is for it.

There aren't any white supremacists in my FB page to convince me BOAN was a documentary, or that liberals who oppose white supremacist statues are like ISIS. If those people were on my Facebook, I would never let any of that slide by. No doubt, they would quickly unfriend me so I didn't disrupt their propaganda's effect on people like you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Never been on facebook, most likely never will. My wife and kids have me read some things from theirs though. It's the one odd thing when i asked them about some racing things posted there. Why don't you confront them? Some have opinions you don't like and you ignore it. While it could be interesting to see how many times Glen hit the 'like' button.......i think that goes a bit to far.

i would ask this of ya though, Glen.

i'm really starting to like this guy...Think about what he says.

First erected over 166 years after the founding of our city and 19 years after the end of the Civil War, the monuments that we took down were meant to rebrand the history of our city and the ideals of a defeated Confederacy.

It is self-evident that these men did not fight for the United States of America, They fought against it. They may have been warriors, but in this cause they were not patriots.

These statues are not just stone and metal. They are not just innocent remembrances of a benign history. These monuments purposefully celebrate a fictional, sanitized Confederacy; ignoring the death, ignoring the enslavement, and the terror that it actually stood for.

After the Civil War, these statues were a part of that terrorism as much as a burning cross on someone’s lawn; they were erected purposefully to send a strong message to all who walked in their shadows about who was still in charge in this city.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... th/527721/

I believe very few people were actually offended by the monuments until it became the soup du jour. In York we have a obelisk that is about 15 foot tall at the original entrance of the city grave yard. It reads "Lest we forget our Confederate dead". My kids and son in laws have driven or ridden past it for decades none of them knew it existed.

While I agree with the sentiments in the first half of the article. I disagree with the Mayor's opinion in the second half. Where it begins after the Civil war the statues were part of that terrorism....... I believe they were erected mostly by the DAC as a tribute to their dads and granddads who fought for the Confederacy. The racism aspect of sending a message to African Americans was secondary at best. Because at the time most of the monuments went up Black people had no rights, no power and weren't taking to the streets in protest.

While I have no clue as to what the compromise should have been, I steadfastly believe there should have been some sort of compromise. We as a society should be taking steps to bring the races together. Removing the statutes in the manner in which it was done did the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe very few people were actually offended by the monuments until it became the soup du jour.

Then you weren't fucking listening to black people as usual. Because black people will tell you right to your fucking face Glen exactly what it meant for them to look up at those monuments. You're arrogant egotistical racist-friendly opinions about minorities just doesn't stop does it?

You've made it clear why you spout so much white supremacist bullshit. Your friends with a bunch of white supremacists. Do you tell them they only support these monuments to traitors because they are racists? No? That's right. You already told us you don't stand up to racism. You stand up to those who oppose it though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

THE VERY FACT THAT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE A TOTAL LACK OF POWER BY BLACK PEOPLE WHEN THESE WERE INSTALLED IS WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT THE DRIVE TO REMOVE THEM.

WHEN ARE THE BLACK PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO GET A VOICE ON THEM GLENN?

NEVER RIGHT?

ONCE THEY ARE THERE, YOU TELL US WE HAVE TO PRESERVE THEM FOREVER. BLACK PEOPLE NEED TO PAY FOR THEN FOREVER.

Last edited by J_dogg82 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next