RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Slager is in prison

Yep. Because of a Federal Court and Federal charges. The state jury was hung. Not unusual, eh?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

Fuck your god...fuck your phony bullshit fucking god glen, he ain't real and your bigtry is.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen has determined Birth of A Nation should be shown in "African American studies programs at College," whatever he thinks that is. :roll:

For someone who complains on a weekly basis about people talking about "100 years ago," Birth of A Nation mentality is written all over his posts in this thread. As we know, this isn't the only one.

#WN

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen has determined Birth of A Nation should be shown in "African American studies programs at College," whatever he thinks that is. :roll:

For someone who complains on a weekly basis about people talking about "100 years ago," Birth of A Nation mentality is written all over his posts in this thread. As we know, this isn't the only one.

#WN

Because BOAN displays the mindset of the country zat the time the film was made. But according to libetal logic since the film is offensive all copies shouldbe found and destroyed.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fuck your god...fuck your phony bullshit fucking god glen, he ain't real and your bigtry is.

Gou do you see any hate speech .

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Gou do you see any hate speech .

Glen, do you recall when I asked you for help in standing up against hate speech on YOUR side of the isle?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen, do you recall when I asked you for help in standing up against hate speech on YOUR side of the isle?

Figures you would take that stance. Hate speech is only that when it is hatred directed at the left. More than likely you agree with every hate filled word.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Figures you would take that stance. Hate speech is only that when it is hatred directed at the left. More than likely you agree with every hate filled word.

Nope, I'm just not going to be your monkey, after you refused to come to my defense. You're a big boy - you're just trying to play us against each other. Don't question MY sense of right and wrong, since you don't have any sense of it at all yourself. You want to make me dance to rules you ignore from your side.

You had plenty of chances to stand up against hatred from your side on this board, and you took a powder. Here's a good rule, glen. Don't demand others live by rules you have always refused to live by yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Because BOAN displays the mindset of the country zat the time the film was made. But according to libetal logic since the film is offensive all copies shouldbe found and destroyed.

Actually it had a big role in changing the mindset of the country, especially when it comes to the Klan. Its membership went through the roof afterwards.

I'm not for destroying any film. I don't mind if people don't show the whole thing outside of an academic context. I wouldn't show it, especially now. It's very manipulative. You can imagine what kind of impact it had when motion picture was the new big thing. I'm sure that Klansman on the horse at the end had the whole theater cheering.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Actually it had a big role in changing the mindset of the country, especially when it comes to the Klan. Its membership went through the roof afterwards.

I'm not for destroying any film. I don't mind if people don't show the whole thing outside of an academic context. I wouldn't show it, especially now. It's very manipulative. You can imagine what kind of impact it had when motion picture was the new big thing. I'm sure that Klansman on the horse at the end had the whole theater cheering.

Those are the reasons I believe it belongs in a class about African American studies.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_mit_uns

Republican confederates in the US should be more grateful for the federal laws of this nation that have not only allowed them to prosper, but to thrive.

In Germany, Nazi salutes, paraphernalia, books, etc. are illegal, as is Holocaust denial. Despite the complaint that the Taliban destroyed the Bamiyan Buddhas, conservative whites think Buddhism is Satanic. So I don't know what they're on about...and I am glad for our First Amendment here that allows us to see WNs like glen in all their raw, confederate-nostalgia glory.

OTOH, in the US, Republican lawmakers dress up as Nazis, hold Secession Balls, get promoted to Presidential cabinet positions and the head of state's inner circle, and still run sherrif's & police departments.

One is running to unseat the current House speaker. Another is on board as a formal voter-suppressionist and determines the platform of this president

And yet, the BOANs point and cry about statues and baking cakes, and cry racism when confronted on the internet with any African-American viewpoint that doesn't shuck and jive to win the biggest cake.

#snowflakes #WN #conservativewhites these lazy cons think they are being discriminated against if they don't automatically get the biggest and best of everything handed to them. Glen is right out of that mold.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Those are the reasons I believe it belongs in a class about African American studies.

You've never been in any "class about African American studies".

It's one of the main reasons you, and WNs like you, are as militantly ignorant about the topic as the day is long.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

But according to libetal logic since the film is offensive all copies shouldbe found and destroyed.

^BOAN mentality.

Nobody is coming for your guns or your daughter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe it needs to be in a sociology class so that people know how hate spreads. But think about this; here's what glen's saying - show it to black people ONLY, then the white people will call the blacks racist when they complain about how blacks were treated in America!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Confederate whites think it's "hate speech" and "racist" when others talk about their own history.

#BOAN #WN #snowflakes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe it needs to be in a sociology class so that people know how hate spreads. But think about this; here's what glen's saying - show it to black people ONLY, then the white people will call the blacks racist when they complain about how blacks were treated in America!

Glen has:

never

taken

one

"class about African American studies"

in

his

entire

born

days

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't think Mein Kampf should be destroyed. I support it being in libraries. As well as tracts by Osama bin Ladin. People should also be able to read things published by the Confederacy.

I am not for censorship. In an academic setting, I think these materials should be available for analysis and critique, particularly in the study of propaganda.

Refusing to honor assholes with monuments is not erasing them from historical existence. People should still be able to read about what douchebags they were.

They provide negative examples to learn from. Those can be important. But if we keep monuments up honoring them, it makes it unclear their example is negative.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't think Mein Kampf should be destroyed. I support it being in libraries. As well as tracts by Osama bin Ladin. People should also be able to read things published by the Confederacy.

I am not for censorship. In an academic setting, I think these materials should be available for analysis and critique, particularly in the study of propaganda.

Refusing to honor assholes with monuments is not erasing them from historical existence. People should still be able to read about what douchebags they were.

They provide negative examples to learn from. Those can be important. But if we keep monuments up honoring them, it makes it unclear their example is negative.

I agree completely. about Mein Kampf. But you will NEVER hear me calling it "one of the greatest books every written."

And, unlike glen, I won't call Birth of a Nation "one of the greatest films ever made" either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree completely. about Mein Kampf. But you will NEVER hear me calling it "one of the greatest books every written."

And, unlike glen, I won't call Birth of a Nation "one of the greatest films ever made" either.

http://www.twyman-whitney.com/film/lecture/birth.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree with Zowie on this issue.

Both BOAN and Triumph of the Will by Leni Riefenstahl are technical masterpieces. As pieces of filmmaking craft, their technical merit deserves respect.

However, I personally feel TofW shouldn't be screened except to point out what an awful piece of propaganda it was designed to be. I think one can learn from it, mostly on how to do propaganda for awful people, parties, and causes. I would not show it for any other reason.

Same with BOAN.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

So what's your point? Posting a link you just googled?

Are you still trying to say that Birth of a Nation is one of the greatest movies ever made?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen cries victim over BOAN without even reading the thread where he first brought it up.

I own it, and I think everyone in America should slog through all 3 tedious hours of it, especially now. Because what's in it is easily recognized today as white conservative #maga hat grievance politics.

It has direct bearing on how certain types of conservative whites that embrace technology as a propaganda tool -- especially white American Evangelicals -- become successful.

All propaganda is is proliferating a message. It didn't even become an epithet until the Third Reich, but in the modern west it was perfected here via Birth of A Nation, aimed at people like glen, a generation earlier.

The Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith (i.e., Catholic evangelism the Inquisition) understood this at the dawn of the Gutenberg Press in the 16th century. So did Luther. And white Evangelical conservatives like glen still cling fervently propaganda like the cult members they are.

American marketing borrows much of its current terminology from this form and Protestant forms of evangelism, in part because they're very good at mass-manipulation using technology, fbofw.

Consequently, conservative whites are a national security hazard because their lifestyle choice has primed them for being instruments of propaganda. Putin knows it. Cambridge Analytica exploits it. Guys like glen dutifully fall in line, a lot like the Third Reich dupes wowed by Goebbels and Riefenstahl. Conservative whites in the United Stated had been doing something similar for at least three generations prior.

The exact same propaganda/technological/distribution mechanisms were very much in play in 1915 white America. They just weren't as fast.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not at all. I am comparing how it is almost always wrong for those in power to censor that which they find offensive. Those statues should have been relocated not destroyed or forever removed from public viewing
I am sure it wont stop with confederate monuments
Knowing that most of our founding fathers enslaved people.

So why didn't you compare liberals to those taking down Nazi statutes? Instead you compared liberals to the Nazis. Sounds like you just wanted to spread your anti-liberal hatred in support of a white Supremacist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

There you go again with your typical bullshit. That is not what I said or meant as I explained. But dont let that stop your usual bullshit.

This is exactly the liberals who you compared to Nazis. And you knew that at the time. You knew the statues being questioned. You even knew the poster you were quoting had had his prior comments removed for violating Facebook community standards. So you knew your were quoting a racist defending racism.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

My God come down off the cross. First you arent offended j dogg was. Next have you never seen hate speech here. I guess it is only hate speech when you disagree with it. Otherwise you would have to admit the hate speech here directed at the GOP is just as bad as that you see from a couple of people on my fb page.

Glenn, I don't really see people misrepresenting conservative policies as along to ISIS often. However, I think even the most extreme posters here would generally reject that.

You just wanted to appear far Right among your conservative Facebook friends while not appearing unhinged to your liberal friends. Whenever you post obnoxious shit like this on FB, you ignore responses. Yet here you have to address them.

If you want to call us terrorists and Nazis behind out back, people have a right to know you did that. People have a right to know you are playing them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next