RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Why would I be hoping for this Ike? Are you here lying about me for some constructive purpose? I know you love calling me a Republican, despite my completely liberal policy positions on nearly every issue, big and small.

That is old hat for you. I'm just wondering if you can even explain you lies at this point beyond the initial accusation. If I am Flake, you are Trump. Flake > Trump.

You're either enjoying this or you're just a contrarian, Justin. It's just the M.O. I've identified after all this time. I'm sure you don't agree.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're either enjoying this or you're just a contrarian, Justin. It's just the M.O. I've identified after all this time. I'm sure you don't agree.

Ike, you entered this thread for no purpose but to lie about me. That is a fact.

You are now blaming me for being contrarian. Again, I started this thread to discuss a specific topic of importance to the expectation surrounding the Mueller investigation. I wasn't being contrarian at all. Concerned? Sure. Disappointed? Yep.

I was not really expecting the contrarian responses, but at least the others were about the story. You really can't lack this much self-awareness to now claim your post is about me being contrarian.

Also, no idea what Jeff Flake has to due with being contrarian. The attack on Sam you then expanded to me was about Flake speaking out against Trump, and folding at the vote. So that would be avoiding conflict.

I think you just get off being an asshole to me. That is really all you've done in this thread, without any provocation. That's the behavior I've noticed.

Last edited by J_dogg82 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nice op/ed.

Meanwhile, in factland, Sessions succumbed to Trump's call to investigate Hillary - again:

The FBI is investigating whether the Clinton Foundation accepted donations in exchange for political favors while Hillary Clinton was secretary of State, two people familiar with the probe confirmed Friday. The revelation comes as President Trump and congressional Republicans have been urging the Justice Department to look into corruption allegations involving the foundation.

It is unclear when or why the probe began, but the sources told the Associated Press it has been ongoing for several months, with prosecutors and FBI agents taking the lead from their offices in Little Rock, Ark., where the foundation has offices. The people were not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity. The Hill newspaper first reported the probe.

We learned how independent Sessions was when he helped make up reasons to fire Comey for Trump.

I've got experience with Jeff Sessions' voting record in Alabama. He's a hard-line ideologue, always has been, and he lied during his confirmation hearings, which has been proven by his actions in office. For instance, his actions on immigration and pot are right in line with the hard-line ideology he's always had.

But if you want to believe Sessions, along with the rest of Trump's administration, is honest, upright and has the highest standards, go ahead.

Nice brush off. Pretty sure you didn't respond to any of the things stated.

Too bad me and, Norman L. Eisen, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution and the chairman of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, don't live in factland like you You.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

Let's see how meaningless the Mueller investigation will be after the November mid-terms

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Let's see how meaningless the Mueller investigation will be after the November mid-terms

It should be over BEFORE that right? Allowing the RW to claim there was nothing there? Washing away the investigation. Classifying the report? That's what it sounds like to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Justin, you seem to be playing both sides of this. On one hand, you say that Sessions is a straight-down-the-middle guy, will NOT be Trump's puppet, and can be counted on to put the country first, and to do the right thing.

But then you say they will bury the Mueller report if it turns out to have dirt on Trump, so that we'll never know.

Seems to me you can't have it both ways.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:41 pm 
Policy Wonk

Which why the Republicans are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They kill investigation, they lose the House and Senate and if the investigation goes forward, the truth will be even more damaging.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:09 pm 
Policy Wonk

If there are any skeletons that will be uncovered by the Mueller investigation, Trump will fire
Mueller regardless of the cost to the GOP in the November mid-terms. The damage to his
administration will be extreme but Republicans still have control of all three branches of
government to get as much as their agenda passed before the Democrats arrive next year.

After the mid-terms, both parties will pivot to the 2020 elections. I would not expect the
Democrats to do anything to hamper their 2020 candidate even if they win both houses
of Congress.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

I like that he has principles that override partisanship though.

Yeh...fully confirmed by his tax bill vote, and every fucking vote on ACA repeal, pro-gun, anti-choice, and a whole bunch of other right wingjob positions he has taken for years.. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Confidential report to the AG. Confidential meaning not public right? Mueller himself is gagged by grand jury rules. Not sure what I'm getting wrong. So if the AG decides there is nothing to be seen, nothing gets released.

Tell me how I'm getting that wrong. I would love to be wrong.

I criticized the source article you posted J-dogg, not you. I don't think you did anything wrong. Insofar as what the author of the article and you may be overlooking in the frame of this masked-man comparative analysis, Starr didn't have the power to indict or to prosecute, Mueller does.

Starr was a special counsel. Mueller is a special prosecutor. A vast difference between the two. Different rules and procedures they each were and are governed by.

All Starr could do was write a report to Congress. Mueller can seat the bastards down where they have to face a jury.

We'll get our report in the form of day by day reporting from those trials.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

I criticized the source article you posted J-dogg, not you. I don't think you did anything wrong. Insofar as what the author of the article and you may be overlooking in the frame of this masked-man comparative analysis, Starr didn't have the power to indict or to prosecute, Mueller does.

Starr was a special counsel. Mueller is a special prosecutor. A vast difference between the two. Different rules and procedures they each were and are governed by.

All Starr could do was write a report to Congress. Mueller can seat the bastards down where they have to face a jury.

We'll get our report in the form of day by day reporting from those trials.

Correct, Sam. While the Grand Jury is secret, those indicted have a public trial. Isn't that right, Justin? I mean, you're the lawyer. Are we wrong?

And what if he indicts the President?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

There's been some argument as to whether he can indict a sitting president, Constitutionally.

Some seem to think Trump would have to be impeached first, and only when removed from office, could he be indicted.
I believe Laurence Tribe thinks it could happen beforehand.

We might just find out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

There's been some argument as to whether he can indict a sitting president, Constitutionally.

Some seem to think Trump would have to be impeached first, and only when removed from office, could he be indicted.
I believe Laurence Tribe thinks it could happen beforehand.

We might just find out.

If he tries, it sure won't be a secret, now, will it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think you all have found the key problem. I'm not sure Mueller would just indict a President. He would almost certainly not do it without Sessions' approval. But Sessions is recused. So who?

Most likely, he would get permission to disclose to Congress. If Congress impeached and removed, indictments would follow after removal. There are so many barriers between now and there, the most likely scenario is we never even see what Mueller found. Mueller can't tell us. The other people involved in the decision don't want us to know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Justin, you seem to be playing both sides of this. On one hand, you say that Sessions is a straight-down-the-middle guy, will NOT be Trump's puppet, and can be counted on to put the country first, and to do the right thing.

But then you say they will bury the Mueller report if it turns out to have dirt on Trump, so that we'll never know.

Seems to me you can't have it both ways.

Sessions isn't involved in this decision so far as I know. Sessions is capable of abusing his office for political purposes, yet he does have lines he won't cross. He is unpredictable.

I don't expect him to ignore the FBI's own recommendation to fire a Democrat. I did expect him to wait until Monday. He has steadfastly refused to fire Mueller, or to have biased agencies engage in the investigations Trump tweets at him. So what he will or won't do has been a puzzle. If he gets involved here at all, that will be a problem. I'm not sure he will. He refused himself, which is something the Democrat he just fired should have had the good sense to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think you all have found the key problem. I'm not sure Mueller would just indict a President. He would almost certainly not do it without Sessions' approval. But Sessions is recused. So who?

Most likely, he would get permission to disclose to Congress. If Congress impeached and removed, indictments would follow after removal. There are so many barriers between now and there, the most likely scenario is we never even see what Mueller found. Mueller can't tell us. The other people involved in the decision don't want us to know.

If he don't indict Trump, he will indict everyone around him. So the facts will come out in all the trials.

So what's the problem, Justin?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't expect him to ignore the FBI's own recommendation to fire a Democrat.

Are you talking about Andrew McCabe? He has been, as Sam said, a lifelong Republican.

His wife ran as a Democrat for Virginia state Senate, that's true ... but McCabe is not one.

I understand intra-partisan marriages are not unknown these days.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Ike, you entered this thread for no purpose but to lie about me.

You are about the most remarkable mix of arrogance combined with whiny victimization that I've ever run into.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:35 am 
Board Emeritus

If he don't indict Trump, he will indict everyone around him. So the facts will come out in all the trials.

So what's the problem, Justin?

The problem with Justin is that he doesn't do well when disagreed with. Kinda like you know who.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:08 am 
Policy Wonk

Are you talking about Andrew McCabe? He has been, as Sam said, a lifelong Republican.

His wife ran as a Democrat for Virginia state Senate, that's true ... but McCabe is not one.

I understand intra-partisan marriages are not unknown these days.

Sorry Justin, but Sam is right on this. McCabe is a life long Republican, just Robert Mueller.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 am 
Board Emeritus

The problem with Justin is that he doesn't do well when disagreed with. Kinda like you know who.

JDogg handles disagreements a helluva lot better than you. If fact he's not a scratch on you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Which why the Republicans are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They kill investigation, they lose the House and Senate and if the investigation goes forward, the truth will be even more damaging.

Maybe it would be better if you/we waited to see what the truth is before calling them guilty. that being said I agree completely with you if the GOP pulls the plug on the investigation it will go very poorly for the GOP.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I know who,,, Ike your nasty inner playground bully troll is showing across at least two threads this morning. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Sorry Justin, but Sam is right on this. McCabe is a life long Republican, just Robert Mueller.

You don't have to be sorry. I stand corrected.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

JDogg handles disagreements a helluva lot better than you. If fact he's not a scratch on you.

Oh look. Ike still hasn't offered two words about the topic. Maybe we should let Ike have a whole thread of his own to just write about me? He would have an outlet for his aggression. The rest of us could carry on our adult conversations.