Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Here We Go...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump's Lawyer is now calling for Mueller to be fired. Since when do defense lawyers get to fire prosecutors?

Buckle in hard folks.

Quote:
“I pray that Acting Attorney General Rosenstein will follow the brilliant and courageous example of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility and Attorney General Jeff Sessions and bring an end to alleged Russia Collusion investigation manufactured by McCabe’s boss James Comey based upon a fraudulent and corrupt Dossier,” Dowd then wrote.

He told The Daily Beast he was speaking on behalf of the president, in his capacity as the president’s attorney.

Dowd also emailed the text below, which is an annotated version of a line from a well-known 20th century play:

“What's that smell in this room[Bureau}? Didn't you notice it, Brick [Jim]? Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room[Bureau}?... There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity[corruption]... You can smell it. It smells like death.” Tennessee Williams — ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-la ... rt-mueller

Post subject: Re: Here We Go...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 am 
Board Emeritus

This part

Quote:
Dowd also emailed the text below, which is an annotated version of a line from a well-known 20th century play:

“What's that smell in this room[Bureau}? Didn't you notice it, Brick [Jim]? Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room[Bureau}?... There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity[corruption]... You can smell it. It smells like death.” Tennessee Williams — ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’

:?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump's Lawyer is now calling for Mueller to be fired. Since when do defense lawyers get to fire prosecutors?

Buckle in hard folks.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-la ... rt-mueller

Dowd is doing his job. At least in the context of today. He is trying the case in the media. This means he gets to lie, obfuscate, tap-dance and throw extraneous crap into the ether. This is not surprising. Mueller will ignore him. If Rosenstein is smart he will ignore him too.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Rosenstein keeps saying he will not interfere in the Mueller investigation. Which probably means we will be saying bye-bye to Rod Rosenstein before too long.

Then Congressional Republicans, every other Republican politician from sea to shining sea, and all the Republican voters who repeatedly put them all back into office year after year, will look the other way, just like all the good little nazis in Germany in 1933.

Greta and Jurgen say, "We didn't know anything about the death camps." Yeah...sure you didn't, fuck you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looks like it's no longer if, just when.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's time for the White Paper. :|

No “Absolute Right” to Control DOJ: Constitutional Limits on White House Interference with Law Enforcement Matters

https://protectdemocracy.org/resource-l ... ntrol-doj/

Note that this source sprinkles "© 2018 Protect Democracy" notices throughout. I think I've quoted the fair use limit for this one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

No “Absolute Right” to Control DOJ: Constitutional Limits on White House Interference with Law Enforcement Matters

Note that this source sprinkles "© 2018 Protect Democracy" notices throughout. I think I've quoted the fair use limit for this one.

Of course, Sam. Just watch though, as Trump orders Rosenstein, fires him when he won't fire Mueller, watch him while he goes down the list of lawyers at the DOJ firing them until he finds some alt-right DOJ lawyer who will fire Mueller.

And then watch Congressional Republicans look the other way. If House Republicans won't, at some point, vote for impeachment, there's no way to stop him. I dont trust there are enough House republicans who are not so terrified of losing Trump voters on November, that the House would ever proceed with impeachment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 pm 
Policy Wonk

Under the current situation, I agree with that proposal. Trouble is, by making the FBI, et al, independent, we'd be creating another branch of government...and considering how law enforcement can be corrupted, I shudder at the thought over the long haul.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Mueller has everything in place. He knows he's going to get canned, it's the only move Trump has.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Under the current situation, I agree with that proposal. Trouble is, by making the FBI, et al, independent, we'd be creating another branch of government...and considering how law enforcement can be corrupted, I shudder at the thought over the long haul.

Roy, it's not a proposal it's a white paper. It's a legal brief, which is not brief, which examines the constitutional issue in depth citing landmark cases which apply.

And in this case it's also a grand pun. :D Just before the conclusion the last case and principle it cites as being applicable is:

Employing the Doctrine of Unclean Hands "The doctrine of unclean hands derives its name from the ancient maxim that “‘he who comes into equity must come with clean hands.’” Bartko v. S.E.C., 845 F.3d 1217, 1227 (D.C. Cir. 2017)."

I got a chuckle coming right off the Charmin roll over that. :lol: