Board Emeritus

Hearing this breaking.

Fuck this shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ef/ea/37 ... c864d3.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump has just announced air strikes on Syria.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

BREAKING - Huge blasts heard in Syria's capital @AFP

Trump's actions are utterly predicable. He's a fucking piece of shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here we go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yep, we're going to shoot and then aim, again.

This afternoon I read that we're sending in investigators to figure out what happened, and who did it.

Just like we did it last time, shoot first then investigate. When they do it that way I don't trust the results of the investigation.

I have no idea who used the chemical weapons. :|

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ain’t wag the dog...yet.

Donnie’s tweets keep screaming “no collusion” but it is no longer about that even though it is still possible. Donnie thinks his base will fall in line, and they will, as long as he screams “no collusion.” He realizes that his base either doesn’t get or doesn’t care about obstruction of justice. So the need to wag the dog lies in the need to redirect from media possibly pushing obstruction.

Civilians in Syria are collateral damage to Donnie’s ego.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

jesus, please give me a clear thread headline.

that, aside. what has this crazy fuck done.
he's bombed somewhere to DISTRACT from headlines about his own whoring assaulive behavior.

jesus, if you are out there...how do you let, keep letting, this sick behavior continue.
why would you not stop the, any, sole, single, white male, from killing so many other humans??
i dont get it GOD.

JESUS...you got an answer? cough up.
I dont GAF if youre the muslim god the xtain god the mormon god, the peasant god the rich fuck god
the..oh whatever god these dumb fucker humans whank on about....IS THIS YOUR GAME??

yah...i didnt think so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:32 am 
Board Emeritus

United States Assessment of the Assad Regime’s Chemical Weapons Use

https://www.defense.gov//portals/1/feat ... ns-Use.pdf

:|

I read things like this before the Iraq war, it turned out they were not reliable. But this is what it is for what it's worth.

:|

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am 
Board Emeritus

A loud, noisy distraction. Not to minimize the lives lost and the destruction caused, but in contrast to the entirety of the Syrian Civil War ... just a drop in the bucket.

Won't change anything. Randi Rhodes said Assad will win against the rebels eventually. I agree. It's only a matter of when at this point. I doubt this will even deter future use of chemical weapons. Meanwhile, the great compassionate one will continue to try and deny Syrian refugees from the civil war entry into the U.S.

Yeah, we know what this is all about. Mired in scandals, he gets to look presidential, this is a bigger show than hitting an evacuated airport. Lots of dogs and ponies, little actual impact.

And then we've got the military parade. Where we can celebrate doing little or nothing actually at all, except show off our toys.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Syria strikes: What sites were targeted by US, UK and France?
US and allies launch attack on 'chemical weapon sites' in Syria. Here's what we know about the sites targeted.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/04/ ... 10892.html

1. Research centre in Damascus' Barzeh district
General Joseph Dunford, Washington's top general, said the first attack was directed at Syria’s Scientific Studies and Research Centre in the Barzeh district outside the capital Damascus.
"This military facility was a Syrian centre for the research, development, production and testing of chemical and biological warfare technology," Dunford said after the attacks.
[snip]
Syria’s state news agency SANA said the attack resulted in only material damage.
The attack destroyed a building that includes a learning centre and laboratories, Syrian state TV added.

2. Weapons storage centre near Homs
The second strike targeted a storage facility west of Homs believed to produce chemical weapons, Dunford said.
Syrian state media said that missiles in the attack were intercepted by the country’s missile defence system.
"The missiles that targeted a military position in Homs were thwarted and diverted from their path, and injured three civilians," state news agency SANA said.

3. Command post and storage facility near Homs
"The third target, which was in the vicinity of the second target, contained both a chemical weapons equipment storage facility and an important command post," Dunford said.
A senior official in the regional alliance that backs Syrian government forces told Reuters news agency that Damascus had "absorbed the strike".
"We had an early warning of the strike from the Russians (*) … and all military bases were evacuated a few days ago … We are carrying out an assessment of the material damages," the official said.

[snip][end]

Obviously, Syrian State TV and U.S. Armed forces statements should both be viewed with grains of salt, until independent assessments are conducted.

(*) Huh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

as of March 28, 2018.

Douma is the largest town inside the enclave of Ghouta, which as you can see is right near Damascus.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

He realizes that his base either doesn’t get or doesn’t care about obstruction of justice. So the need to wag the dog lies in the need to redirect from media possibly pushing obstruction.

They only care about smashing the Mexicans, the Muslims, the Blacks, and the queers.

That is ALL they care about.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think Chuck is doing some dirty work for AIPAC. :problem:

Schumer says Trump strikes 'appropriate,' warns against greater involvement in Syria

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Friday that President Trump's decision to mount a military strike on Syria was "appropriate," but warned against deepening the United States's involvement in the war-torn country.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3831 ... lvement-in

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think Chuck is doing some dirty work for AIPAC. :problem:

Schumer says Trump strikes 'appropriate,' warns against greater involvement in Syria

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Friday that President Trump's decision to mount a military strike on Syria was "appropriate," but warned against deepening the United States's involvement in the war-torn country.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3831 ... lvement-in

What does AIPAC have to do with anything?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!
7:02 PM - Aug 30, 2013

-- tweeted DJT, in 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!
7:02 PM - Aug 30, 2013

-- tweeted DJT, in 2013.

Only necessary if the black guy did it. If Donnie does it then it's OK.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

What does AIPAC have to do with anything?

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/mi ... ing-israel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm upset with Israel, and I'm all for a personal boycott of their goods and services to pressure them to be more civilized.

BUT, this Israel Anti-Boycott Act bill is being misinterpreted in the press. It's being attacked as being an unconstitutional infringement of free speech.

That bill does nothing of the sort. The bill could pass and I, any other person, and any political rights organization who wishes to could continue to boycott Israel to our hearts delight. Yeah, I'll be continuing to boycott Israel.

This bill regulates people engaged interstate or foreign commerce through the Export-Import Bank, an export credit agency of the federal government that they may not become involved in a boycott of Israel.

This bill is in effect the federal government asserting it's right that it may regulate foreign commerce as it sees fit, and continue to comply with treaties it has entered into with Israel. It is in effect a bill which states that an individual engaged foreign commerce, functioning through an arm of the government may not discriminate.

So I can boycott Israel, and at the same time see the reasonable aspect of this bill. It's complicated and on the surface it appears conflicted, but it is reasonable. :|

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:24 am 
Board Emeritus

https://electronicintifada :roll: .net/blogs/michael-f-brown/aipac-admits-progressives-are-deserting-israel

Lol I ask you what AIPAC has to do with Syria, and your answer is some crap EI link about a BDS b.s. bill that excoriates Schumer for being anti-Palestinian?

So since this is a thread about Syria and you say Schumer is doing some dirty work for AIPAC, what in your mind does AIPAC have to do with Syria?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 am 
Policy Wonk

snip.............. this is a bigger show than hitting an evacuated airport. Lots of dogs and ponies, little actual impact.........snip

Hi prof.... I had really tried to give DT the benefit of the doubt at first. I knew in my heart it would be a disaster, but I figured if he were successful, maybe the country would be as well. So I hoped that he would be SOOOOOOO much better than I thought and predicted he would be. The first Syrian strike was when I knew that I had been right all along. You don't launch that many T-LAMs and only kill a couple of cooks....and have the airfield running the next day. Incompetent Fuck.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Lol I ask you what AIPAC has to do with Syria, and your answer is some crap EI link about a BDS b.s. bill that excoriates Schumer for being anti-Palestinian?

So since this is a thread about Syria and you say Schumer is doing some dirty work for AIPAC, what in your mind does AIPAC have to do with Syria?

I know they're a pro lobbyist group for Israel & nothing to do with Syria but it's really money & power which is their influence Schumer gets his donations from them here's a few more links

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/ ... pac-speech

AIPAC won’t win back progressives until it faces hard truths about Israel

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.c ... ut-israel/

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know they're a pro lobbyist group for Israel & nothing to do with Syria but

:problem:

Quote:
it's really money & power which is their influence Schumer gets his donations from them

Here's his Open Secrets page with 100 donors.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/toprec ... cycle=2018

Quote:

I may be missing something but I don't see AIPAC in here.

Quote:

AIPAC won’t win back progressives until it faces hard truths about Israel

https://jewishchronicle.timesofisrael.c ... ut-israel/

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

I can take or leave AIPAC, personally, and much prefer J-Street, which is headed by one of the authors of your link. But AIPAC is pretty clearly an Emmanuel Goldstein in your argument and it's not clear to me at all that "progressives" have ever had much to do with AIPAC. I don't think it's accurate to invoke it as having something to do with Donald Trump bombing Syria.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:23 pm 
Policy Wonk

As I was making breakfast this morning and listening to NPR, I actually some idiot Southern Republican talking about we shot "Forty Missiles at Syria, they had to come down somewhere."

A direct quote....I shot a missile into the air....jeez the total bullshit from the people can be down right stupid sometimes.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

AIPAC stands for American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

It is not a PAC, despite the name. They do not give money to candidates. But they do lobby.

Like carmen, my views lean toward J Street. However, facts matter. :)

Here's J Street's position on the Syria attack.

http://jstreet.org/press-releases/j-str ... tOpZi_Mx7M

WASHINGTON — We are horrified by the crimes against humanity committed by the Assad regime in Syria. The world cannot stand by as a leader uses chemical weapons against his own people and has the blood of hundreds of thousands on his hands.

Last night’s strike was limited in scope, hitting targets tied to the gas attack outside Damascus, and the action had the support of a number of our allies.

However, a limited tactical strike does not form the basis of a strategy. Nor does the legitimacy of the target alone establish the legality of the action.

The Constitution of the United States vests war-making authority in the Congress. Congress needs to assert its responsibility in the coming weeks to ensure that before taking any further military action the President is required to obtain its consent. The administration must also place any such action within the context of a larger political and diplomatic strategy that secures international support.

At the same time, the United States can show and act on true concern for innocent Syrians by reversing the President’s inhumane policy of shutting America’s doors to Syrian refugees. According to the State Department, the United States resettled just over 3,000 Syrian refugees in all of 2017, compared to more than 15,000 in 2016. So far this year, the United States has admitted only 11. It is a moral outrage for our government to be turning these families away at the very moment we are furthering instability in their country with no clear plan to end the bloodshed.

[snip][end]