RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Via Raw Story. This story makes me laugh, because obviously Joe Memphis didn't let them know they don't have subpoena power! :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Via Raw Story. This story makes me laugh, because obviously Joe Memphis didn't let them know they don't have subpoena power! :rw) :rw) :rw) :rw)

I never said Republicans in congress don't have subpoena powers. Clearly they do. I DID say they do not have the same investigative tools as a prosecutor in the DOJ. And they don't. GoU thinks a congressional investigation is the same as a criminal investigation using all the tools available to the FBI and the DOJ. Naïve. Stupid. Uninformed. Clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about. This is the same guy who says that Republicans in Congress have the power to indict.

viewtopic.php?p=391932#p391932 The bolding and the underlining are mine - The rest is GoU.

There was no stonewalling. That is false.

You had dishonest Republicans try to make that accusation. But it is false.

Do you agree with my statement that the Obama Administration is the cleanest in modern history?

Or do you make insinuations of corruption and then try to deny you did so? Yes or no?

Let's be clear: The Republicans had the power of the subpoena. They could indict. They had all the power, yet they found NOTHING.

You try to insinuate that's because the administration was corrupt.

I call bullshit on that. It's simple that no matter what, you believe Obama's a crook.

GoU thinks there are two impeachment processes - a constitutional one and a "legal" one. He also thinks that the legislative branch can indict citizens. Kinda blows that whole seperation of powers thing to bits. I would think long and hard before I trusted GoU's interpretation of most anything. What he doesn't understand he makes up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 am 
Board Emeritus

I never said Republicans in congress don't have subpoena powers. Clearly they do. I DID say they do not have the same investigative tools as a prosecutor in the DOJ. And they don't. GoU thinks a congressional investigation is the same as a criminal investigation using all the tools available to the FBI and the DOJ. Naïve. Stupid. Uninformed. Clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about. This is the same guy who says that Republicans in Congress have the power to indict.

viewtopic.php?p=391932#p391932 The bolding and the underlining are mine - The rest is GoU.

Do you agree with my statement that the Obama Administration is the cleanest in modern history?

Or do you make insinuations of corruption and then try to deny you did so? Yes or no?

Let's be clear: The Republicans had the power of the subpoena. They could indict. They had all the power, yet they found NOTHING.

I call bullshit on that. It's simple that no matter what, you believe Obama's a crook.

GoU thinks there are two impeachment processes - a constitutional one and a "legal" one. He also thinks that the legislative branch can indict citizens. Kinda blows that whole seperation of powers thing to bits. I would think long and hard before I trusted GoU's interpretation of most anything. What he doesn't understand he makes up.

I think he thinks the forum is like a football game. Especially the part about running the same ground play over and over again. The quarterback takes the ball tries to run it straight up the center. And he's the quarterback. :|

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Joe, you are a liar. I had to explain to you that impeachment isn't a legal process, it's a political one. I didn't say there are two. You're a lying sack of shit.

I did say there needs to be a legal way to remove a corrupt President when there's a corrupt party in power that backs a corrupt President. Trump said he could shoot a man dead on the street and his followers wouldn't care. Neither do the Republicans. There's no high crime that we can get enough Republican Senators to support to have a 2/3rds vote to impeach Trump.

And you're good with that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:31 am 
Board Emeritus

Simple way to get to the bottom of this. Same answer as bridge gate. Same answer as watergate. A complete, thorough, objective and impartial investigation by someone who has subpoena power and can cut deals. Let the truth come out and let the chips fall where they may.

Notice here how Joe doesn't mention Whitewater?

This is how Joe thinks that Obama got away with something even though he was investigated for eight entire years by the Republicans.

And it wouldn't matter. The Clintons were investigated by such an investigator, and the only thing the guy found Clinton guilty of was lying about sex. But even though all the Whitewater, travelgate, oh yes and MURDERS the Clintons were accused of, were thoroughly investigated, and the chips fell where the did, with no findings of guilt on any of those things...

Joe is still convinced they are both hardened criminals who got away with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Joe, you are a liar. I had to explain to you that impeachment isn't a legal process, it's a political one. I didn't say there are two. You're a lying sack of shit.

I did say there needs to be a legal way to remove a corrupt President when there's a corrupt party in power that backs a corrupt President. Trump said he could shoot a man dead on the street and his followers wouldn't care. Neither do the Republicans. There's no high crime that we can get enough Republican Senators to support to have a 2/3rds vote to impeach Trump.

And you're good with that.

GoU

Obviously you don’t know shit. You think a congressional investigation is the same as a criminal investigation. You think congressional investigators have the same legal tools as criminal investigators. They are two totally different things.

Impeachment is impeachment. It legal because it’s in the fucking constitution. There is only one impeachment process. And yes the process is political. That does not mean it is illegal. It just means it isn’t a criminal trial.

You skip basic civics in school?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

I think he thinks the forum is like a football game. Especially the part about running the same ground play over and over again. The quarterback takes the ball tries to run it straight up the center. And he's the quarterback. :|

The quarterback? Who's the quarterback on this forum?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:07 am 
Board Emeritus

GoU

Obviously you don’t know shit. You think a congressional investigation is the same as a criminal investigation. You think congressional investigators have the same legal tools as criminal investigators.

You obviously don't know shit. As long as the Republican Party is the majority party in either house...neither house will ever be performing a legitimate congressional investigation. As far as any tools in a US House congressional investigation is concerned...the only tool available is Devin Nunes. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

You obviously don't know shit. As long as the Republican Party is the majority party in either house...neither house will ever be performing a legitimate congressional investigation. As far as any tools in a US House congressional investigation is concerned...the only tool available is Devin Nunes. :roll:

Devin Nunes? Now there is a tool alright. Apply when douchebaggery is obvious.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.