RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Understood ... but the purpose of this poll was to examine knowledge of the Holocaust, not how many people deny it entirely as an event.

A 1994 Roper poll found that "committed" deniers were only about 2 percent of the poll.

According to the ADL, it's 9%.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

What the fuck do you know about growing up a Jew in this fucking country. Not a fucking thing. How many times do you think I heard about how those Jews smell?

Probably about as many times as my dad was called a "snake." Which was a derogatory term in NE Ohio for people from West Virginia.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

That number sounds about right.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Probably about as many times as my dad was called a "snake." Which was a derogatory term in NE Ohio for people from West Virginia.

Thanks for making my point that you can't put yourself into other people's shoes. You can only feel anything about something that you or your family has directly experienced.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

That number sounds about right.

About the same number as the Republican base... Who could have guessed?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, it's the questions underneath the ADL general index of anti-Semitism at the top that make me queasy. However, I'm not surprised.

The percentage (in the U.S.) saying the following were "probably true":
(BTW I'm switching from 2014 to 2015):

Jews are more loyal to Israel than to [this country/to the countries they live in] -- 33%. :evil:
"Jews still talk too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust" - 20% :evil:
It's good to know it's down to around 5% who agree with Mel Gibson that "Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars"...

P.S. you led to me a chart that's even more directly relevant to this subject. Which points out this problem is far worse in other parts of the world.

http://global100.adl.org/info/holocaust_info

% of people who think "it is a myth or greatly exaggerated"

It's only 21% in "the Americas" (but that includes all of Central & South America).
63% in the ME and North Africa. :cry:
82% in the West Bank and Gaza. :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

About the same number as the Republican base... Who could have guessed?

Well, like all prejudice beliefs your belief is wrong.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... rs/370870/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, like all prejudice beliefs your belief is wrong.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... rs/370870/

Ah, so, your base DOES have something in common with the Muslims! They all hate Jews!

Remember, in Charlottesville, they were chanting "Jews will not replace us".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Certainly on the same level as kike, heeb, Christ-killer, Shylock. Ever Jew anybody down on the price of something? Yes, your family endured thousands of years of deprivation based upon tribal and religious persecution by other people and the state in many instances.

Ain't even close, Glen.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

Not surprising although I personally believe the numbers cited are somewhat high. Next up thanks to so many people referring to those they are politically opposed to as "Nazi's" will be people not knowing just how terrible Nazi's were.

Let me be the first to say this and very proud to do so.

FUCK YOU GLEN!!!!!!!!!!

Over Six Million (6,000,000) Men, Women and Children were murdered in cold blood because they Jewish.

Fuck you and your ignorant Anti-Semitic Sheet Wearing Friends.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

Ah, so, your base DOES have something in common with the Muslims! They all hate Jews!

Remember, in Charlottesville, they were chanting "Jews will not replace us".

Storm Front or the Daily Stormer come to mind.

Also any of Klan sites glen likes to go to .

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

To be fair, GoU, I believe he's saying the poll numbers are too high - he's not agreeing with those polled who thought the #'s of people killed in the Holocaust are too high.

(BTW, the generally accepted total is 11 million, around 6 million Jews, and 5 million others, Gypsies, gays, Communists, Slavs, dissidents, etc. But they were only asking about Jewish victims.)

Add 20 million for the Russian extermination. It was unbelievable, but it happened, the Nazis wanted to exterminate the Russians so they could take the country and not have to give it back. :|

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, it's the questions underneath the ADL general index of anti-Semitism at the top that make me queasy. However, I'm not surprised.

Jews are more loyal to Israel than to [this country/to the countries they live in] -- 33%. :evil:
"Jews still talk too much about what happened to them in the Holocaust" - 20% :evil:
It's good to know it's down to around 5% who agree with Mel Gibson that "Jews are responsible for most of the world's wars"...

P.S. you led to me a chart that's even more directly relevant to this subject. Which points out this problem is far worse in other parts of the world.

It's only 21% in "the Americas" (but that includes all of Central & South America).

My post in the other thread applies, Professor. I despair of mankind ever pulling their collective heads out of their collective asses. The world will burn around us and we will sit there argu8ng about who started the fire and who should be manning the hoses.

I apologize but I just don’t see it.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Add 20 million for the Russian extermination. It was unbelievable, but it happened, the Nazis wanted to exterminate the Russians so they could take the country and not have to give it back. :|

Hell, regarding the USSR Adolph could have waited for Uncle Joe to do the job for him. The totals he, Adolph and Mao racked up are beyond comprehension. The twentieth century was, imo, the bloodiest due to direct action or neglect in history. Yes, I know there are arguments against that. However the combination of mechanized warfare, armament technology and political zealotry resulting in famine and murder on a massive planetary scale had not happened.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

Considering the world population at the time, and the state of the art in weapons, the 14th century warlord Timur (Tamerlane) was probably even worse than the 20th century monsters. It's estimated that his armies killed 17 million humans, which at the time would be about 5% of the world's population.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

One thing glen doesn't seem to have the capacity to do, is to put himself into other people's shoes and look at something from their point of view. He only cares about HIS point of view.

My experience is a bit unusual I suppose. When I was a kid, I knew I was adopted and as I got older I figured my birth parents were probably not Jews. Like my dopey mom once said to me, "You sure don't look like any of us." So my adoption was one of the rare open adoptions in the mid 1940's and after my dad died my mom gave me all the information on the adoption. No wonder I didn't look like any of them...my bio mother was a Leahy and my bio father was a Connelly. I didn't look like a Jew, I looked like an Irishman. And I my dad didn't have a "typical " Jewish last name. So a lot of people didn't know and couldn't tell I was Jewish. It made people feel a lot freer to say shit like "those smelly Jews" when I was around. I ended up in a lot more fistfight than my Jewish friends with Jewish names who actually looked Jewish.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Now you're gonna try to suggest that growing up a West Virginian in this country had any fucking resemblance to growing up a Jew in this country?. WTF is wrong with you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:16 am 
Board Emeritus

One thing glen doesn't seem to have the capacity to do, is to put himself into other people's shoes and look at something from their point of view. He only cares about HIS point of view.

GoUnion, you don't seem to be any more able to put yourself in Jewish shoes than Glen. It's really obvious, you attempt to shame people as a means to control their behavior. You're attempting to shame Glen here in a thread about a Jewish issue.

Shaming isn't a Jewish thing. Were not socially trained to be shamed, nor do Jews usually attempt to utilize shaming in the attempt to control others.

Shaming is a Christian thing. :|

When i meet an atheist I usually can tell if they are a Christian atheist, or Jewish atheist by how they attempt to control others. If they use shame they're from a Christian background. If they use criticism they're from a Jewish background.

The difference between shaming and criticism is the applied element of ad hominem. Shaming utilizes criticism as well as ad hominem, shaming attacks the person, it attacks their personal sense of moral standing.

Sometimes however one meets a Jew who has been heavily influenced from childhood by Christian society who can be shamed, and who will attempt to shame others. :(

I can't be shamed, I'm not wired for it. The hooks for it are not built into my personality. When others try to do it to me they're just wasting their day. It bounces off. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 am 
Board Emeritus

Now you're gonna try to suggest that growing up a West Virginian in this country had any fucking resemblance to growing up a Jew in this country?. WTF is wrong with you?

He thinks his father had it as bad as my father, a sharecropper's son born in a tent in 1931 eastern Arkansas. :problem:

The glens of the world think the blacks and the jews have it easier than conservative whites like him. NOBODY suffers more or endures more racism and social hatred than conservative whites :roll:

BOAN mentality. It's a parallel mentality that got Leo Frank lynched, coming from the self-same people.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 am 
Board Emeritus

:( :evil:

Anti-Semitic denialism has been raised to the level of a holy sacrament.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 am 
Board Emeritus

GoUnion, you don't seem to be any more able to put yourself in Jewish shoes than Glen. It's really obvious, you attempt to shame people as a means to control their behavior. You're attempting to shame Glen here in a thread about a Jewish issue.

Shaming isn't a Jewish thing. Were not socially trained to be shamed, nor do Jews usually attempt to utilize shaming in the attempt to control others.

Shaming is a Christian thing. :|

When i meet an atheist I usually can tell if they are a Christian atheist, or Jewish atheist by how they attempt to control others. If they use shame they're from a Christian background. If they use criticism they're from a Jewish background.

The difference between shaming and criticism is the applied element of ad hominem. Shaming utilizes criticism as well as ad hominem, shaming attacks the person, it attacks their personal sense of moral standing.

Sometimes however one meets a Jew who has been heavily influenced from childhood by Christian society who can be shamed, and who will attempt to shame others. :(

I can't be shamed, I'm not wired for it. The hooks for it are not built into my personality. When others try to do it to me they're just wasting their day. It bounces off. :D

How hilarious. Christopher Hitchens used to have a joke about the Irish troubles - someone gets stopped by armed milita, and asked by a gunman, are you a Catholic or a Protestant?

Actually, the person says, I'm an atheist. Surprised, his interrogator stumbles, then says "Catholic atheist or Protestant atheist?"

Which illustrates just how fucking stupid your attack is.

Last edited by gounion on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Not surprising although I personally believe the numbers cited are somewhat high. Next up thanks to so many people referring to those they are politically opposed to as "Nazi's" will be people not knowing just how terrible Nazi's were.

Are you in denial about American denialism, in a thread about the levels of Holocaust ignorance?

I sure hope not..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Considering the world population at the time, and the state of the art in weapons, the 14th century warlord Timur (Tamerlane) was probably even worse than the 20th century monsters. It's estimated that his armies killed 17 million humans, which at the time would be about 5% of the world's population.

Yeah, but the combination of scale of industrialized warfare and so-called civilization in the twentieth imo at least supersedes the 14th.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:44 am 
Board Emeritus

Well...you can't be reasoned with either, so I don't know how much this comment really means. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 am 
Board Emeritus

How hilarious. Christopher Hitchens used to have a joke about the Irish troubles - someone gets stopped by armed milita, and asked by a gunman, are you a Catholic or a Protestant?

Actually, the person says, I'm an atheist. Surprised, his interrogator stumbles, then says "Catholic atheist or Protestant atheist?"

Which illustrates just how fucking stupid your attack is.

:lol:

You wear it on your sleeve.