Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jo ... smsnnews11

Josh Allen is a QB from the U of Wyoming. He is projected to be a top 5 draft pick I tonights draft. Today he had to issue an apology for offensive tweets that were uncovered by Yahoo Sports. That he made when he was 14 or 15 years old. I wonder how long Yahoo set on the tweets knowing they were going to release them the night before the draft.

Can you imagine if there were a record of all the dumb ass things you said and done when you were of that age. Yahoo Sports and the media in general are just a bunch of self righteous assholes that deserve no respect whatsoever.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

bunch of self righteous assholes that deserve no respect whatsoever.

You mean "Conservatives?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/josh-allen-apologizes-after-racist-tweets-resurface/ar-AAwmurA?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Josh Allen is a QB from the U of Wyoming. He is projected to be a top 5 draft pick I tonights draft. Today he had to issue an apology for offensive tweets that were uncovered by Yahoo Sports. That he made when he was 14 or 15 years old. I wonder how long Yahoo set on the tweets knowing they were going to release them the night before the draft.

Can you imagine if there were a record of all the dumb ass things you said and done when you were of that age. Yahoo Sports and the media in general are just a bunch of self righteous assholes that deserve no respect whatsoever.

Anyone in the public eye is going to be scrutinized that's why people on Facebook and Twitter need to be mindful of what they post because it can come back to bite you in the ass later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

You mean "Conservatives?"

So if this were some LW'er and FOX NEWS uncovered something they had said when they were 15 you would be OK with it.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anyone in the public eye is going to be scrutinized that's why people on Facebook and Twitter need to be mindful of what they post because it can come back to bite you in the ass later.

I agree except he was 15 at the time. Now had he been in college then it would be a problem. What a person says and most of what they do at 15 should not be considered a news worthy story, with a few exceptions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

So if this were some LW'er and FOX NEWS uncovered something they had said when they were 15 you would be OK with it.

No, glen, I was just pointing out what conservatives were.

A free press is important to our freedom. The history of authoritarians, despots and dictators show the first thing they do is attack the press.

Most Presidents realized that, while the press drove them crazy, a free press is a cornerstone of our democracy.

I guess when it comes to freedom and democracy, we know where you stand.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

People still don't get that the Internet is forever. They treat discussions like idle chatter that goes off into sonic nowhere, when it's more like writing everything on paper that goes straight to the archives. Age doesn't matter. All the stupid things that teenage types say are written on stone tablets forever.

It has nothing to do with the media.

People distrust the media because they distort everything, tell you what you're supposed to care about, and then try to sell you shit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen had no problem with the right going back and attacking what Hillary wrote in college.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen had no problem with the right going back and attacking what Hillary wrote in college.

Of course not. Glen should be more concerned with why people hate and distrust him.

A free and unhindered media is going to save us from your president.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ike, do you hate glen?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:07 pm 
Policy Wonk

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/josh-allen-apologizes-after-racist-tweets-resurface/ar-AAwmurA?OCID=ansmsnnews11

are you saying people should be forgiven?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

People hate and distrust the media because people are idiots. Z noted the problem with the interwebs. EVERYTHING is permanent. Remember when your mother told you “if you can’t say something nice about a person, don’t say anything at all.” This is a discussion board. It is unsurprising that there would be things said that might not be said in another social situation. Z also noted that today’s media is part of the problem and so it is.

But what else is part of the problem?

His Majesty Donald J. Trump the Small-Handed. His attacks on the media including and especially lying about the media have driven the mass of idiots known as the American public to bleat “Fake News!” every time something is reported that they don’t like. Trump is the enemy of the press even though he claims otherwise and actually needs them to feed his ego. Oh, and the Republican Party has stood up for the press. Not.

Of course everyone who has something reported about them cries about the media.

As for Josh Allen, these young people are supposed to be savvy about technology. Using technology and understanding the law of unintended consequences as applied to technology are two different things.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

thats the thing. the "media" was just fine during the campaign when it was covering groper like
flies on shit. the media was just dandy as long as they followed gropers incessant lies.

once the media stopped letting groper reframe every thing all the time...oh then they become
the bad media. bullshit.
groper reframes EveryThing All the time:

..black cat?..who said it was a black cat? is it a black cat? well it could be we just dont know
enough to be sure its a black cat, it might be, it could be, maybe it is a black cat..but we dont know
for sure even if we're looking at it, we cant be sure its all black.
..all black?...i never said the cat was all black, i may have said the cat has some black.

and on he goes refitting, reframing, everything to his latest mooooood.
he's fucking nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

He tweets in SCREAMING CAPS and only says stuff that will attract everyone's attention, so they'll talk about that instead of all the shit that's messed up in this sorry country since his gang of international kleptocrats stole the presidency.

Quote:
CROOKED HILLARY SAYS IT'S A BLACK CAT. THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA AGREE. SAD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ike, do you hate glen?

Not as much as he wishes I did.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, glen, I was just pointing out what conservatives were.

A free press is important to our freedom. The history of authoritarians, despots and dictators show the first thing they do is attack the press.

Most Presidents realized that, while the press drove them crazy, a free press is a cornerstone of our democracy.

I guess when it comes to freedom and democracy, we know where you stand.

Today our free press is a gotcha media.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

So you are saying my work here is not done

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

So you are saying my work here is not done

A Trumper like glen presumes to speak for me. It's Trump's party now glen. You can complain all day and night long about being referred to as a Trumper, but unless and until you abandon your treasonous party, you're a Trump supporter,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Just wondered. There's very few people I hate - and no one on this board. To me, hating is what the right does. Their whole political worldview is built upon hate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 am 
Board Emeritus

Just wondered. There's very few people I hate - and no one on this board. To me, hating is what the right does. Their whole political worldview is built upon hate.

Glen plays victim. He's nobody here if he's not a victim.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:40 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't hate and distrust "the media".

I know who does ...

U.S. Press Freedom Ranking Falls Again, Thanks To ‘Media-Bashing Enthusiast’ Trump
The annual World Press Freedom Index warns the president’s “violent anti-press rhetoric” is having dangerous effects, in the U.S. and abroad.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us ... c0bfa3b2d3

I'm not going to disagree there are some media outlets not worth trusting. InfoWars, Nat'l Enquirer, Deadbart, Wayne Madsen, Sara Chucklenuts Sanders ... I kid, I kid. Or do I?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen plays victim. He's nobody here if he's not a victim.

Yes, it's what the right does. blame the left for EVERYTHING. Hell, if the Republicans controlled everything for thirty years, they'd still be blaming their failures on something the Dems did fifty years ago...

And they want to go back to a time when blacks were always second-class citizens, and the white males automatically got the best of everything. glen can't even fathom that a black man might be smarter and better than him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:53 am 
Board Emeritus

So glen spews out his initial argument that we should hate and distrust the media because some musclehead who can toss a football 80 yards was too fucking stupid and didn't have enough self-control to keep himself from spewing a steaming pile of racist horseshit on Twitter.

And what glen says we should be doing is indicting not just Yahoo Sports but all media outside of FOX, the EIB, and InfoWars for its hateful disclosure of this asshole's racism.

Why? Because he was only 15. He's all grown up and different now, says glen. Give me 15 minutes in a room with this racist prick, and the recording will show you he's the same racist prick now as he was when he was 15.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 am 
Board Emeritus

Yes, it's what the right does. blame the left for EVERYTHING. Hell, if the Republicans controlled everything for thirty years, they'd still be blaming their failures on something the Dems did fifty years ago...

And they want to go back to a time when blacks were always second-class citizens, and the white males automatically got the best of everything. glen can't even fathom that a black man might be smarter and better than him.

Yes GoU, he does all this. But interpersonally on this forum he's the victim of vicious leftists. It's his droning interpersonal role. So no...in glen's head I can't ever hate him enough to satisfy his need to be the victim.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:46 am 
Board Emeritus

Today our free press is a gotcha media.

Would you call Woodard and Bernstein “gotcha media.”

You are like everyone else who bitches when the media prints something you don’t like.

You want to blame the media? Blame the consumer. The belief structure that everything is market based drives everything. The corporate media must have profit therefore they provide what the consumer wants which is crap. If you want the media to do what they are supposed to do then oppose the bullshit fake news crap spewed by the right and push for media to be the check on our political system they are supposed to be.

Btw, media has been sensationalist for multiple decades.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

Last edited by bird on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.