RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Grand Rapids Police handcuffed two 11-year-old Black kids as they were searching for an adult

https://twitter.com/Matsamon/status/1036341009381117952

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

I would say we have reached peak "stop calling the cops on us," but this far surpasses that.

This is every African American person's living nightmare - can't even be in your own apartment and be Black.

:(

This officer's name has not been released, yet.

Dallas police said the officer called for help and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own." - NBC News

Omg this poor guy. He is dead, now.

Quote:
Dallas police said Friday they are seeking a warrant for manslaughter against one of their own after an off-duty officer entered the wrong apartment in her building and killed a man who was inside.

Police Chief Reneé Hall said a blood sample was drawn at her request to test the officer's drug and alcohol levels and "we are in the process of obtaining a warrant based on the circumstances."

She said at a news conference that the Texas Rangers were launching an independent investigation.

Investigators are "working as vigorously and meticulously as we can to ensure the integrity of this case and ensure the integrity of the department is upheld," Hall said. She said the officer, who was off-duty at the time of the shooting, would be identified pending any charges.

Further details surrounding the death of Botham Shem Jean, a 26-year-old native of the Caribbean island of St. Lucia, were not immediately provided. Hall did not say why the officer opened fire and declined to discuss what she may have been doing before she returned home after working a full shift Thursday.

This young man is dead. He is dead, omg.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

I almost did something like this when I was drunk, once.

40 years ago, walked into neighbors apartment, his door unlocked, he almost shot me, but didnt.

I was a drinker, big time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I almost did something like this when I was drunk, once.

40 years ago, walked into neighbors apartment, his door unlocked, he almost shot me, but didnt.

I was a drinker, big time.

She murdered him, and she is going to walk.

Omg, this young guy is dead. He is dead.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

She murdered him, and she is going to walk.

Omg, this young guy is dead. He is dead.

OK, I see this now , he was BLACK.

If I had been Black on that night of mine, stats and history says he would have shot me. In my case he had the gun, pointed it at me and at the last second realized who I was and didnt shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:54 pm 

I would say we have reached peak "stop calling the cops on us," but this far surpasses that.

This is every African American person's living nightmare - can't even be in your own apartment and be Black.

:(

This officer's name has not been released, yet.

Dallas police said the officer called for help and told responding officers that "she entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own." - NBC News

Omg this poor guy. He is dead, now.

This young man is dead. He is dead, omg.

everything about this is fishy....

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.
LYNDON B. JOHNSON, 1960

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

Saying it's"fishy" is being kind. The last time I live in an apartment complex was back in 2004. It was a gated complex with about 15 4-story buildings with access by stairs outside the building. There were times when I wasn't paying attention where I put my key into a lock and it wouldn't turn. It was then I noticed I was on the second floor and my apartment was on the third floor. Luckily, no one came to the door to ask why I was trying to enter their place.

What I don't understand about this story is when the cop stepped into "her" apartment she didn't notice the apartment's decor was different? That should have been the first tip something was wrong. Hopefully, she's not going to claim self-defense because she was in the wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

A good example for police department chiefs for after when what their cop(s) did was wrong.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:53 am 
Board Emeritus

Fight ICE voting records subpoenas, NC elections board says

WASHINGTON - North Carolina’s attorney general is authorized to fight subpoenas the Trump administration issued last month to the state and 44 counties, the state elections board voted unanimously Friday.

After an executive session held behind closed doors, the State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement voted Friday to authorize Attorney General Josh Stein’s office to fight the subpoenas sent to the state and county elections boards from the U.S. attorney’s office for the Eastern District of North Carolina on behalf of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/polit ... 82770.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:44 pm 
Policy Wonk

Man fatally shot by police officer mourned from Texas to St. Lucia

Quote:
From St. Lucia to a small Christian college in Arkansas to the offices of PricewaterhouseCoopers in Texas, the 26-year-old man is being remembered as a loving son and brother, a hard worker and a powerful singer who enjoyed helping others.

"Mainly, I will remember his advice," Brandt said. "I would do stupid stuff at times and he would tell me what I needed to hear, even though it might hurt me, even though I might cry. He was real. He was down to earth."

Their mother, Allison, a former Permanent Secretary of the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations for St. Lucia, was traveling to Dallas on Friday. She had been visiting New York when she learned of her son's death. Brandt and his father Bertram said they will go Saturday.

"Botham was a very wonderful young man," Bertram Jean said.

Jean graduated in 2016 with a degree in accounting and management information systems from Harding University, where Bertram Jean said his son got the Arkansas school to send students to St. Lucia over the summer to do charity work.

"His faith was very strong," his father said. "We will miss our boy."...........

very sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

A good example for police department chiefs for after when what their cop(s) did was wrong.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

This is a cover up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dallas PD has some very serious explaining to do. The one they are giving is not cutting it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is a cover up.

You would have to explain that to me.

A few minutes ago a paper reported the police officer was arrested and charged with manslaughter. It was YAHOO.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:21 am 
Board Emeritus

You would have to explain that to me.

A few minutes ago a paper reported the police officer was arrested and charged with manslaughter. It was YAHOO.

She murdered him and she is going to walk. Already, she's been charged with manslaughter, not murder.

Mental health, she was bullied, I feared for my life and the rest of those canards...wait for it...it’s coming...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh-huh. Sure, it was.

The Latest: Affidavit: Cop said neighbor’s door was ajar - AP News

Quote:
The Latest on a fatal shooting involving an off-duty Dallas police officer (all times local):

3:50 p.m.

An investigator says a Dallas police officer who shot and killed her neighbor after mistaking his apartment for her own said that when she inserted her key in his door, it opened because it had been slightly ajar.

David Armstrong of the Texas Rangers wrote in an arrest affidavit released Monday that Officer Amber Guyger said it was nearly completely dark inside the apartment when she entered it Thursday night and she thought she was encountering a burglar in her home.

He says Guyger said the person ignored her verbal commands and she fired twice. One struck Jean in the chest and he later died.

The affidavit says Guyger was on the phone with 911 reporting the shooting when she turned on the apartment lights and discovered she was in the wrong apartment. It says Jean’s apartment was the one right above Guyger’s and the apartment layouts and exterior hallways were nearly identical.

3:15 p.m.

Authorities say a Dallas police officer said she shot a neighbor whose home she mistakenly entered last week after he ignored her “verbal commands.”

David Armstrong of the Texas Rangers wrote in an arrest affidavit released Monday that Officer Amber Guyger said she didn’t realize she was in the wrong apartment until after she shot 26-year-old Botham Jean and went into the hallway to check the address.

Guyger was booked Sunday on a manslaughter charge in Thursday night’s killing of Jean and was released on bond.

___

Noon

The mother of a man who was gunned down inside of his Dallas home by a police officer who said she mistook his apartment for her own says investigators still haven’t given her family an account of what happened.

Allison Jean, whose 26-year-old son Botham Jean was killed Thursday by Officer Amber Guyger, said at a news conference Monday that she’s asked a lot of questions but has been told there are no answers yet.

Lawyers for the family questioned why it took three days for Guyger to be charged. One said Guyger should have been in handcuffs the night of the shooting, but she was only booked on a manslaughter charge Sunday night.

They also wondered why, based on news reports of what happened, Guyger was so quick to use deadly force.

Cover up. She will walk, though, because whites have been taught to believe no Black person is ever innocent. Not even when sitting in your own apartment minding your own business, when a cop barges in and murders you on sight.

If she were a male and he was female, they'd be demanding to know what he was wearing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh-huh. Sure, it was. :problem:

Amber Guyger shot Botham Jean after 'silhouette' in apartment ignored commands, affidavit says - Dallas News

Quote:
When she arrived at Jean's door, Guyger entered a unique door key with an electronic chip into the keyhole, the affidavit says. The door was already ajar, so the force of pushing the key inside opened the door, according to the affidavit.

:problem:

Quote:
The affidavit says the apartments' "respective interior floorplans are in most ways identical or extremely similar."

The apartment was dark and when she saw "a large silhouette," Guyger thought she was being burglarized, the affidavit says.

:problem: :problem:

Quote:
The affidavit says Guyger drew her gun, "gave verbal commands that were ignored"

Are you black and have been murdered by a cop in your own home? It's your fault, by default.

Quote:
and fired twice. Jean was struck once in the torso.

Guyger then called 911 from her cellphone and started performing first aid. She turned on the lights, then went to the front door again and realized the apartment wasn't hers, the affidavit says.

She told the 911 operator as well as responding officers that she thought she was at her apartment when she shot Jean, according to the affidavit.

Sure, she did.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

She murdered him and she is going to walk. Already, she's been charged with manslaughter, not murder.

Mental health, she was bullied, I feared for my life and the rest of those canards...wait for it...it’s coming...

Manslaughter is a murder charge Carmen. It appears to be the charge which fits this crime.

Zimmerman would be in prison now, about to be getting out, had they not tried to over prosecute him. Instead of him getting seven years or so in prison he gets none because of that overreach.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Manslaughter is a murder charge Carmen.

I know what a manslaughter charge is, mansplainer.

Quote:
Zimmerman would be in prison now, about to be getting out, had they not tried to over prosecute him. Instead of him getting seven years or so in prison he gets none because of that overreach.

Zimmerman is not a cop, and that is a different situation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know what a manslaughter charge is, mansplainer.

Zimmerman is not a cop, and that is a different situation.

In this case the cop is a woman and that's a different situation as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

In this case the cop is a woman and that's a different situation as well.

Kind of, but not really. She's a cop, she's white. He's black of any gender.

She will walk.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

lot of dis-function within

staffing is being done in an abusive and dangerous way

Protests and Holidays Strain Thin DPD to Breaking Point, Officer Says

Quote:
........Novello, who's been consistently outspoken as he's neared the end of his three-decade career on things like criminal justice and drug reform, wants the mayor to do something about the staffing levels at the Dallas Police Department. Attrition and decreased hiring have put officers in an especially dangerous position, Novello says, which has come to a head several times over the past couple of weeks as severe officer shortages have driven up response times in and around downtown Dallas........

..........."There's eight of us there — keep in mind, the normal staffing level is supposed to be between 29-32 [officers] — but there's eight of us," Novello says. "Then they come back and say, 'We've got demonstrations, we need five of you guys to report up north,' leaving three of us to answer calls..........

they seem to have a problem getting millennials to go for the staffing extremes and willing to do anything but adequate staffing levels, wages, and pensions.

Dallas police chief trying new strategies to fill officer shortage

Quote:
.........Both the Dallas Police Department and Dallas Fire-Rescue are struggling to find people who want to protect and serve. Both chiefs told city council members that recruiting millennials has posed as a challenge.

"We have nights, weekends and holidays — not attractive to millennials who want all days off and to be the chief in six months,” Chief Hall said. “We recognize that is a challenge."

"The other challenge — they're job hopping every five years,” added Dallas Fire Chief David Coatney.

Both chiefs said they're also challenged with starting pay that is lower than neighboring cities.

Chief Hall, who is faced with a four percent increase in violent crime year-to-year, needs to hire 250 cops this fiscal year. She said she's behind schedule. To catch up, she's come up with some new ideas.

In January, Chief Hall will roll out a program that will give a total of four to six days off for officers that recruit someone who is hired and graduates from the academy. She plans to start recruiting Dallas ISD students and hiring them as public service officers until they can be peace officers at age 19-and-a-half. She says it is within her power as chief to hire applicants who would currently not qualify because they admit to infractions like minor drug use...........

planning more of the same staffing issues and rigidity and disfunction.

Budget Battle Underway In Dallas Over Police Pay, Staffing

Quote:
........This is typically the case every year around this time. The city manager presents a budget and no one is satisfied with it… especially police officers and firefighters who say their ranks will continue to dwindle to unsafe levels of this budget is approved.

On Tuesday in a budget work session, Mayor Mike Rawlings said he would not support a tax increase.

Some council members see that as the only way to address below-average pay that’s driving police officers to other departments........cut....

..........There is also a budget proposal to suspend paramedic training for a year in Dallas Fire-Rescue.

Firefighters say that will cause its veterans to retire or leave for other cities.........

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe.

Likely

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

A toss.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

A toss.

This story is just a joke to you, and this whole topic a mere game. We know why that is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next