RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Very reasonable. Librarian seems to think that corruption is cool.

ate you saying there is no corruption in Canada?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Last election GOP spent 621 billion the DNC 543 billion. Making the ratio 53% GOP 47% DNC like I said the amount is very close. But, that is ok you keep telling your lies and I am sure the low information people will keep believing them

https://www.opensecrets.org/parties/

Still waiting on your source for that 536 billion figure

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

ate you saying there is no corruption in Canada?

No, you dolt. I agreed with ONE issue. All countries have corruption.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

:problem:

I think he intended to say Republicans spent 0x2503B540 Hexadecimal, and Democrats spent 0x205D85C0 Hexadecimal.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:32 pm 

I wonder, would Librarian consider any form of bribery, illegal? At what point of explicit quid pro quo is it no longer peachy keen?

If I drop a giant bag of money on a congressman's desk, and I say, "you know, that environmental law that fines me for all that pollution I'm dumping in the harbor, maybe you should get rid of that?" Shouldn't that be against the law?

Bribery is as old as humankind and governance, I'm sure, but we've got laws against it, and for good reason.

Don't be such an egghead twit. Of course that's bribery. Although given recent cases it might be difficult to prove. Quid pro quo isn't always bribery. Giving money to a candidate who shares similar policy ideas, or to influence said candidate' s policy ideas isn't corruption just because you disagree with the policy, although you and a good number on this board seem to think it is. A preemptive law that infers corruption that simply cannot be proven doesn't fit with with free thinkers.Does work pretty good with Lemmings though.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm 

Very reasonable. Librarian seems to think that corruption is cool.

Librarian thinks that free speech trumps your perceived notion of an unproven preemptive corruption. That's cool.

Question. Is businesses giving money to a campaign in order to get the tax code changed to reduce taxes on businesses corrupt?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Try clicking on the link and adding up the numbers.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

You know you are correct I miss calculated the DNC actual number was 700 billion to the GOP's approx. 875 billion. Again very similar numbers but, you LW'ers keep ahead with your lie. After all we all know the low information people who support the left will go right along with you.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

You know you are correct I miss calculated the DNC actual number was 700 billion to the GOP's approx. 875 billion. Again very similar numbers but, you LW'ers keep ahead with your lie. After all we all know the low information people who support the left will go right along with you.

What a ridiculous post. :problem:

You haven't provided any link to your 536 billion figure. Where did you get that number?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen is a low information voter. For instance, he doesn't understand that, in fact, liberals tend to have higher education levels than the Goobs.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen is a low information voter. For instance, he doesn't understand that, in fact, liberals tend to have higher education levels than the Goobs.

https://www.truthrevolt.org/news/study- ... l-dropouts

According to Progressivetoday.com 30% of the population in Democratic controlled districts have a 9th grade or less education.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Don't be such an egghead twit.

Don't be such a librarian.

I'm putting that book back when I'm done with it, homey. And not a moment sooner.

Quote:
Quid pro quo isn't always bribery.

I believe that's the question I asked. :D

Quote:
Giving money to a candidate who shares similar policy ideas, or to influence said candidate' s policy ideas isn't corruption just because you disagree with the policy, although you and a good number on this board seem to think it is.

You done stuffing words in my mouth? I never said it was. No, my definition of corruption is not "enacting a policy I disagree with". NOT EVEN taking donations and then doing so!

Second thing I want to note. Are you aware that limiting the amount of money a person or entity can donate to candidates or parties, does not mean I want to prevent ANY money from being donated.

Perhaps if we establish those two things, the silence in the library will be less offensive.

Now, me and River Song have business elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uh-huh.

Do you even know what progressivestoday.com is?

Quote:
30% of the population in Democratic controlled districts have a 9th grade or less education.

Truth Revolt is David Horowitz/Front Page and that post is full of links to Gateway Pundit, a white nationalist site.

Don't you read what you link to before linking it?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

According to Progressivetoday.com 30% of the population in Democratic controlled districts have a 9th grade or less education.

Again, another link to a crazy, radical, right-wing looney by the name of David Horowitz. From his site, these are his words in his Who We Are:
The David Horowitz Freedom Center is unique among conservative think tanks whose emphasis is on public policy and institutional reform in that it sees its role as that of a battle tank, geared to fight a war that many still don’t recognize. For 27 years, since its founding in 1988, the Center has been warning that the political left has declared war on America and its constitutional system, and is willing to collaborate with America’s enemies abroad and criminals at home to bring America down. For most of those years the Center was a voice crying in the wilderness with few willing to recognize the threat from the enemy within, a fifth column force that was steadily expanding its influence within the Democratic Party. With the election of a lifetime radical to the White House in 2008, the perceptions of conservatives began to change. But the Center remains unique as an organization dedicated to the war and to developing strategies to win it.

Nice going glen, you're supporting the views of someone who believes other who don't think like he does is an enemy of the U.S.. No wonder you support Trump; ignorance, stupidity, and gullibility are characteristics of Trump supporters.

In the words of Dean Wormer: "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

Librarian thinks that free speech trumps your perceived notion of an unproven preemptive corruption. That's cool.

Question. Is businesses giving money to a campaign in order to get the tax code changed to reduce taxes on businesses corrupt?

You tell us. If a business gives money to a candidate, and the candidate promises to lower taxes for the business, is that corruption?

It sounds like pay to play to me.

Money has corrupted our system of governance. I understand that's what you on the right wants, as you got a lot more money than we do. Corporations can outspend unions (who can't use union dues, but must rely instead of donations from members), and that's how they want it. Even a pro-union candidate who takes union money and wants to support them faces corporations that can give them 50 times what the unions can, looks at them and says "If you vote for the unions on this issue, you can kiss all our money goodbye."

What does he do?

No, I think we should take the money out. Then all speech is equal. Of course, you guys don't like that, because there's a lot more people in a union than there are corporate CEOs.

No it is supporting our country by keeping people who think like you from getting the power to destroying it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wow, how fucking dishonest can you be? NICE job of cherry-picking. Here's your link:

Research of the most recent Census data mined by ProgressivesToday.com reveals that Democrats take the prize as the party of high school dropouts.

Correlating the data into a spreadsheet and breaking it into political affiliation, the research into the Census numbers show that 30% of the population in Democrat-led districts have less than a 9th grade education. That is compared to Republican-led districts where 31% of the population has completed high school or gained the equivalent.

The results are flip-flopped when it comes to university education, with Democrats being more likely to have attained a degree. Republican districts show slightly lower college attendance at 27%, compared to 31% for Democrat districts.

Another interesting fact ProgressivesToday points out is the Associated Press report that stated, "the wealthiest among us are more likely to be represented by a Democrat than a Republican." And that same Census data shows Republican districts taking the top position as America's middle class and working class families by two-to-one over their Democrat counterparts. So much for Republicans being "the party of the rich."

Bolding mine. So, you ignored the third paragraph that said that, indeed, the college grad rate was higher.

But it's this website's "mining" of census data. Probably manipulating too.

But there isn't any logic to their statements. The 30% of dropouts in the area could be the 30% who are voting Republican! You can't show cause and effect. They don't link the education to the actual voting.

Another #glenfail.

No it is supporting our country by keeping people who think like you from getting the power to destroying it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

What is your level of education, Glen?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wow, how fucking dishonest can you be? NICE job of cherry-picking. Here's your link:

Research of the most recent Census data mined by ProgressivesToday.com reveals that Democrats take the prize as the party of high school dropouts.

Correlating the data into a spreadsheet and breaking it into political affiliation, the research into the Census numbers show that 30% of the population in Democrat-led districts have less than a 9th grade education. That is compared to Republican-led districts where 31% of the population has completed high school or gained the equivalent.

The results are flip-flopped when it comes to university education, with Democrats being more likely to have attained a degree. Republican districts show slightly lower college attendance at 27%, compared to 31% for Democrat districts.

Another interesting fact ProgressivesToday points out is the Associated Press report that stated, "the wealthiest among us are more likely to be represented by a Democrat than a Republican." And that same Census data shows Republican districts taking the top position as America's middle class and working class families by two-to-one over their Democrat counterparts. So much for Republicans being "the party of the rich."

Bolding mine. So, you ignored the third paragraph that said that, indeed, the college grad rate was higher.

But it's this website's "mining" of census data. Probably manipulating too.

But there isn't any logic to their statements. The 30% of dropouts in the area could be the 30% who are voting Republican! You can't show cause and effect. They don't link the education to the actual voting.

Another #glenfail.

27 to 31 hardly a difference. But 30% of the population of Dem districts have 9th grade or less.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

What is your level of education, Glen?

High School and trade school

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

27 to 31 hardly a difference. But 30% of the population of Dem districts have 9th grade or less.

Your links to prove we're low information are from right-wing nutjob and white nationalist propaganda sites.

And you readily believe in it, because that's what you've been conditioned to do probably from the moment of birth.

"Low information voters" is originally a liberal term used to describe conservatives, and something you're copying out of conservative lack of creativity, and limited vocabulary.

Where is your source for your $536 billion number?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Free college is a great remedy for being "low information." It's exactly why low information conservatives hate the idea. They resent people with actual educations, no matter where it's from or how much it did or did not cost.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

But are these Democrats in a Dem district, or Republicans in a Dem district? These are just Dem-majority districts. So, the people with less education may be the ones voting Republican.

Do you seriously not know that your article makes absolutely no sense? Or do you just not fucking care?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

But are these Democrats in a Dem district, or Republicans in a Dem district? These are just Dem-majority districts. So, the people with less education may be the ones voting Republican.

Do you seriously not know that your article makes absolutely no sense? Or do you just not fucking care?

I don't think he read past the headline.

Nationwide, free college needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Free college is a great remedy for being "low information." It's exactly why low information conservatives hate the idea. They resent people with actual educations, no matter where it's from or how much it did or did not cost.

Free college would cost over 500 billion a year. Got to run am having troubles with this site tonight.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Free college would cost over 500 billion a year. Got to run am having troubles with this site tonight.

So, you'd rather give that money to corporations as bribes for jobs, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next