All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is who the board cons and other republicans like and even worship

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 617252002/

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump used extraordinarily harsh rhetoric to renew his call for stronger immigration laws Wednesday, calling undocumented immigrants "animals" and venting frustration at Mexican officials who he said "do nothing" to help the United States.

“We have people coming into the country or trying to come in, we're stopping a lot of them, but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are," Trump said.

"These aren't people. These are animals."

If you do not loudly denounce rump and advocate for his impeachment or for justice to be served, you are a traitor to this nation. And no, democrats cant advocate for his impeachment, yet. It is not up to them.

It is YOUR fucking JOB, YOU have the power, WHY arent you patriots?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Like I keep saying, if you pay attention to history, all this shit repeats.

In the 19th century, they used to release posters showing Irish immigrants as beasts, apes, or monsters.

Dehumanization.

Same old shit, new targets, new century.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey sorry, I didn't see this thread when I posted.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm 
Policy Wonk

Heh heh. Now we have three: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23075

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 am 
Board Emeritus

Immigrants are animals, but embryos and corporations are people.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am 
Board Emeritus

German Nazis (And most other European christians of that era) regularly referred to Jews as "less than human". A particular favorite with the nazis was "Jews are rats."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am 
Board Emeritus

I heard today someone saying he was referring to gang members, was he?

Doesnt matter but I wonder if that is a lie also.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 am 
Board Emeritus

German Nazis (And most other European christians of that era) regularly referred to Jews as "less than human". A particular favorite with the nazis was "Jews are rats."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Immigrants are animals, but embryos and corporations are people.

And munny is speech

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know that liberals never lie, therefore I am guessing the miss representation of what Trump was talking about is just an honest mistake. While it was a poor choice of words and something he should not have said he did not call undocumented immigrants animals. He called member of MS13 animals.

But, what the hell lets lie about what he said anyway. Knowing those who vote LW are for the most part low information voters they will never know the difference.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

They are animals, they are homo sapiens sapiens.

However, Trump said "they are not people, they are animals". My personal position is gang members (and other criminals) are still human.

That Trump was only talking about people in gangs doesn't remove entirely the offensiveness of the statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know that liberals never lie, therefore I am guessing the miss representation of what Trump was talking about is just an honest mistake. While it was a poor choice of words and something he should not have said he did not call undocumented immigrants animals. He called member of MS13 animals.

But, what the hell lets lie about what he said anyway. Knowing those who vote LW are for the most part low information voters they will never know the difference.

It's not an honest mistake and quit being a Trump apologist or we'll start calling you Sarah Huckabee. He makes dog whistle comments like these to rile up his racist base of supporter. MS13 is as very, very, small a percentage of dangerous immigrants just as an honest truck driver is a very, very, small percentage of all truck drivers.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:03 pm 
Political Junkie

There is certainly enough stupid, offensive and downright obnoxious things that Trump has uttered. There is no need to post false quotes just to reinforce a narrative. Does accuracy and context mean anything around here anymore?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

There is certainly enough stupid, offensive and downright obnoxious things that Trump has uttered. There is no need to post false quotes just to reinforce a narrative. Does accuracy and context mean anything around here anymore?

It certainly isn't false.Politifact doesn't call it false. It says "needs context" - but he did NOT specifically call out gang members. It could certainly be seen that he may be talking about more than just the gang members. Coupled with Trump's past remarks, it's NOT a stretch.

But I agree with Prof X - A President should be calling anyone animals. I realize that you guys are going to defend this. I'm sure that glen agrees with him.

No it is supporting our country by keeping people who think like you from getting the power to destroying it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dehumanizing people is the Trump way.

Quote:
Eric Trump on Democrats: 'They're not even people'

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Does accuracy and context mean anything around here anymore?

If you don't like it around here anymore don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way our.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ask the Republican Party.

Btw, welcome back. Long time no see.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 am 
Board Emeritus

No, he didn't. Unless you're just parroting what he said afterwards.

Your party is playing Fugitive Slave Act in 2018. Stop lying to yourself.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:35 am 
Board Emeritus

The context is Donald Trump coming to California to listen to racist conservative whites bellyache about immigrants, and the sanctuary cities in this state.

Here is the full context of the question he answered from Sherriff Margaret Mims of Fresno, known for running to Fox News to bellyache. :problem:

Quote:
THE PRESIDENT: Okay, Margaret?

SHERIFF MIMS: Thank you, Mr. President. You know, sheriffs in California are now in an untenable position when it comes to trying to figure out — now, we have state law, we have federal laws, and here we are stuck in the middle. Sheriffs, especially, because most of us run our county jails.

When there became a legal challenge to the 48-hour holds for ICE, it was very frustrating for us. So what I did is I invited ICE to put their officers in my jails so they’re able to do their work. We didn’t have the staffing to be able to help figure out who they wanted to talk to or didn’t. I said, come on in, work with our people to keep our community safe. Two weeks later, Mr. President, Kate Steinle was murdered.

Now, I wasn’t the only sheriff to do that. Sheriff Youngblood did, Sheriff Christianson. And it was perfect — because we didn’t have to take our time, with our staff, to do anything. ICE was in there doing their work in a safe, controlled, environment. And then, the initiatives started happening — the TRUST Act, the TRUTH Act, and finally, SB 54, the Values Act. And that is causing us all kinds of turmoil.

So here we are, stuck in the middle, trying to decide. We have federal law, we have state law. And that’s why I welcomed Attorney General Sessions’s lawsuit, because that will provide us the clarity that we need and direction that we need. What do we do? Because here we are.

And I appreciated Mr. Homan and ICE. We had a great relationship; we still do. But now ICE is the only law enforcement agency that cannot use our databases to find the bad guys. They cannot come in and talk to people in our jail, unless they reach a certain threshold. They can’t do all kinds of things that other law enforcement agencies can do. And it’s really put us in a very bad position.

THE PRESIDENT: It’s a disgrace. Okay? It’s a disgrace.

SHERIFF MIMS: It’s a disgrace.

THE PRESIDENT: And we’re suing on that, and we’re working hard, and I think it will all come together, because people want it to come together. It’s so ridiculous. The concept that we’re even talking about is ridiculous. We’ll take care of it, Margaret. We’ll win.

SHERIFF MIMS: Thank you. There could be an MS-13 member I know about — if they don’t reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about it.

THE PRESIDENT: We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals. And we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before. And because of the weak laws, they come in fast, we get them, we release them, we get them again, we bring them out. It’s crazy.

The dumbest laws — as I said before, the dumbest laws on immigration in the world. So we’re going to take care of it, Margaret. We’ll get it done. We’re going to ask that man right there, because that man can do it. (Laughter.) Right now he’s the most important man in the room. Kevin can do it.

"Kevin" refers to Kevin McCarthy (R - Uptown Klan), one of Congress' most virulent white snowflakes.

It's not clear what "people" Donald Trump is referring to, whether it's specific MS-13 or not. What makes it hard to know is that he routinely uses blanket "animal" language to refer to Muslim and Mexican/Latin American immigrants, and labeling Haitian and African immigrants as being from shithole countries. That's the context.

And even if he is referring to MS-13 as "animals," they're not "animals". That's the point. Human beings are not animals, despite white conservatives' longstanding history of dehumanizing everyone they come in contact with.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:39 am 
Board Emeritus

What Carmen said.

Look, the right wingers in here defending Trump should probably shut it with the feiged outrage and calling liberals liars.

We know that Trump is a vile racist. He's labeled mexicans rapists, thugs and criminals. He's called Nazis very fine people. Families seeking asylum are being ripped apart. Children are being seperated from their mothers and they're being taken to warehouses- internment camps. They are not being treated like people. ICE is lying about people being in gangs when they're not, in order to deport them.

When the Sheriff was asking Trump about a hypothetical MS-13 member, Trump then pivoted to an ambiguous “people trying to come into the country” who we’re “taking out. He's conflating groups: "people trying to come in ----> gang members ----->animals." This is dehumanizing racist rhetoric. MS-13 is not representative of "the people trying to come in or the people being "taken out."

ICE admitted to classifying people as MS-13 without any evidence they're actually in the gang, as a way of ensuring they don't get bond during immigration proceedings

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ms-13-gang ... mas-homan/

Here a federal Judge finds ICE designated a DACA recipiant as a gang member without evidence.

Quote:
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Ricardo S. Martinez shot down the federal government’s efforts to strip Daniel Ramirez Medina of his DACA status. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement had arrested and detained Ramirez last year, then falsely claimed that he was affiliated with a gang and attempted to deport him. He filed suit, alleging that ICE had violated his due process rights. Martinez agreed. His order barred the federal government from voiding Ramirez’s DACA status, safeguarding his ability to live and work in the United States legally for the foreseeable future. What may be most remarkable about Martinez’s decision, though, is its blunt repudiation of ICE’s main claim—that Ramirez is “gang-affiliated.” The judge did not simply rule against ICE. He accused the agency of lying to a court of law.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... iated.html

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:58 am 
Board Emeritus

What Carmen said.

Look, the right wingers in here defending Trump should probably shut it with the feiged outrage and calling liberals liars.

We know that Trump is a vile racist. He's labeled mexicans rapists, thugs and criminals. He's called Nazis very fine people. Families seeking asylum are being ripped apart. Children are being seperated from their mothers and they're being taken to warehouses- internment camps. They are not being treated like people. ICE is lying about people being in gangs when they're not, in order to deport them.

When the Sheriff was asking Trump about a hypothetical MS-13 member, Trump then pivoted to an ambiguous “people trying to come into the country” who we’re “taking out. He's conflating groups: "people trying to come in ----> gang members ----->animals." This is dehumanizing racist rhetoric. MS-13 is not representative of "the people trying to come in or the people being "taken out."

ICE admitted to classifying people as MS-13 without any evidence they're actually in the gang, as a way of ensuring they don't get bond during immigration proceedings

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ms-13-gang ... mas-homan/

Here a federal Judge finds ICE designated a DACA recipiant as a gang member without evidence.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... iated.html

We're all gang members to conservative whites.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

He never mentioned MS-13. That came up in the spin control later. He called humans animals. Same way Hitler did. That's all there is to it.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Look, glen and Joe are going to defend and deflect for Trump, NO MATTER WHAT. Even if Mueller's investigation comes out incriminating Trump, they're going to say he hasn't been convicted in a court of law, so they'll still be on his side. You can count on it.

No it is supporting our country by keeping people who think like you from getting the power to destroying it.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 pm 
Political Junkie

It certainly isn't false.Politifact doesn't call it false. It says "needs context" - but he did NOT specifically call out gang members. It could certainly be seen that he may be talking about more than just the gang members. Coupled with Trump's past remarks, it's NOT a stretch.

But I agree with Prof X - A President should be calling anyone animals. I realize that you guys are going to defend this. I'm sure that glen agrees with him.

You have a real aversion to actually responding to the point of peoples posts. Since you also find real joy in putting words in peoples mouths, and malicious thoughts and horrible intentions into their heads, it does make sense that you would read a quote and alter it according to your interpretation of what they REALLY mean....classic GoU.

The quote in question was clearly altered in the meme from Drak's post....not just a little, but a lot. I wish I could hold out for the possibility that you are just easily excitable and speak before thinking, but it's clear that you know exactly what you are doing. I have rarely come across a more deliberately dishonest person in my life. Just creepy.

I thought Drak might care a little bit more about accuracy. You dont just alter quotes...at least decent people dont deliberately do it.

Not one response in this thread has justified using a false quote.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:15 am 
Board Emeritus

You have a real aversion to actually responding to the point of peoples posts. Since you also find real joy in putting words in peoples mouths, and malicious thoughts and horrible intentions into their heads, it does make sense that you would read a quote and alter it according to your interpretation of what they REALLY mean....classic GoU.

The quote in question was clearly altered in the meme from Drak's post....not just a little, but a lot. I wish I could hold out for the possibility that you are just easily excitable and speak before thinking, but it's clear that you know exactly what you are doing. I have rarely come across a more deliberately dishonest person in my life. Just creepy.

I thought Drak might care a little bit more about accuracy. You dont just alter quotes...at least decent people dont deliberately do it.

Not one response in this thread has justified using a false quote.

Look, I gave the context upthread. It comes directly from the whitehouse.gov website. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... oundtable/

I want you to take a moment and think about that. The President is recorded on whitehouse.gov referring to human beings as "animals," something this stupid little fascist does regularly.

Does that trouble you or not.