RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

We know which side you're on, conservatives. It's the side of treason.

Good stuff, via Raw Story:

Even if you aren’t convinced that a smoking gun exists to prove Trump did anything illegal in his interactions with Russian government officials, it is indisputable that he has suspicious ties to that country — or, at least, it would be indisputable if we didn’t live in an era where facts are so commonly warped by partisan biases.

While most of the culprits here are Republicans and other conservatives who fear that discrediting Trump would harm their cause and hand liberals a major moral victory, it should be noted that there are many on the left who have also gone out of their way to pooh-pooh the possibility of collusion or other forms of impropriety. This wing of the leftist movement seems mainly motivated by their seething distrust of and hatred for the military-industrial complex. That skepticism may be justified, but it also leads them to reflexively doubt any theories that they fear will provide the so-called “Deep State” with institutional validation, even if the facts support those conclusions. It doesn’t help that a man still beloved by some leftists, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, would see his reputation left in tatters if it was proved that he was nothing more than an errand boy for one imperialist power over another (which he is).

Regardless of which section of the Trump über allies crowd you fall into, however, there are five inescapable facts about Trump’s connections with Russia, as well as unavoidable conclusions that follow from those facts, if one’s goal is to best serve the interests of the nation known as the United States of America.

1. Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election with, among other goals, the desire to install Trump as America’s next president. This is the unanimous conclusion of America’s intelligence agencies, who are equally certain that Russia is targeting the 2018 midterm elections, and on a federal level, the notion that Russia wasn’t trying to help Trump has only been promoted by a congressional committee whose chairman has made it clear that his goal is to protect the president.

2. Trump and his family have an unusually extensive history of business ties to Russian government officials and Russian business leaders closely connected to those government officials. These range from his work on the Miss Universe pageant to various real estate ventures outside of Russia that were connected in ways to wealthy Russian investors. As Donald Trump Jr. admitted at a real estate conference in 2008, “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

3. Trump’s campaign had an unusually large number of associates who, in one way or another, proved to have been compromised by the Russian government. The most conspicuous of these include his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia in December and who had extensive connections with President Vladimir Putin’s regime before he was hired by Trump; his former campaign manager Paul Manafort, who served as a close political adviser to former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, who was a puppet for the Putin regime during his tenure in that country; former campaign adviser Carter Page; former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson; his former adviser and longtime friend Roger Stone; and a number of others.

4. Trump himself has taken a dovish approach toward Russia for years, one that is wildly inconsistent with the hawkish tone he takes toward every other country. It would be one thing if Trump was a staunch non-interventionist who viewed geopolitics through the same lens as a paleoconservative like Pat Buchanan or a libertarian like Ron Paul. But he isn’t; on pretty much every major foreign policy issue of our time, Trump’s views are indistinguishable from those of the mainstream in the Republican Party. The one exception is Russia, where Trump has repeatedly called for a closer alliance with that country (and is even reported to have directed the party to soften a plank in their platform that they felt was too harsh on Russia for its invasion of Ukraine), where he has dragged his feet on implementing punitive sanctions that were only imposed in the first place because Congress made it politically impossible for him to oppose them and where he has repeatedly cozied up to Putin even when doing so worked against the stated interests of the United States.

5. Trump has gone out of his way to discredit the investigation into him, which seemingly borders on obstruction of justice even if one generously assumes he’s simply doing this as an innocent man in a panic — but which, if we’re going to be honest with ourselves, seems like the desperate flailing of a man who doesn’t want to be caught having done something wrong. He has also on many occasions challenged the basic premise that Russia meddled in our election on his behalf, which at best simply leaves us vulnerable to future meddling and at worst does both that and confirms our worst fears about Trump’s own actions.

None of this means that Trump shouldn’t receive the same benefit of the doubt to which all Americans are entitled, the presumption of innocent until proven guilty. It doesn’t even mean that Americans who support Trump’s policy agenda shouldn’t continue to do so, provided that they take care to separate the ideas and goals from the man himself.

What it does mean — what it must mean, if one values such things as national sovereignty — is that people must hold Trump accountable if they care about the integrity of America’s democratic process, the supremacy of the rule of law over powerful individuals and the rights of American citizens to live in a country whose autonomy is respected. This requires three things:

1. We must demand that Trump allow the investigation led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller to run its course without being impeded by political pressure from the president or his supporters, either in Congress or the media.

2. We must demand that Trump and his successors take every measure necessary to protect our electoral process from being compromised in the future, whether by Russia or any other aggressor.

3. We must accept that Russia is not our friend and that the Cold War which seemed to have ended in 1991 was officially revived in 2016 due to their meddling.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Confederates, by definition, have always been on the side of treason.

They only believe in "law and order" and "the rule of law" when it means punching down. Otherwise, they do not understand it.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Confederates, by definition, have always been on the side of treason.

They only believe in "law and order" and "the rule of law" when it means punching down. Otherwise, they do not understand it.

Confederates don't know what the investigation is about. They don't know what the "rule of law" means. They don't know what "collusion" means. They don't know what "obstruction of justice" means. And they don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to what "emolument's clause" means. All they know is that if Trump hates it, they hate it. If Trump wants it, they want it. They will vote for Trump even when his executive orders kill their businesses and cost them their jobs, because they are the most ignorant herd of motherfuckers on the face of the earth.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:14 am 
Policy Wonk

Cons love power more than they love their Country.

We know glen would rather have a Russian Backed Stooge in the Oval Office than a legall elected Democrat.

joe wants to wait and see.

I've waited long enough and I know 45 ain't qualified. I can never and will never acknowledge that Orange Faced Draft Doding Serial Adulterer.

But I'm not a Con and I love my country.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

We know glen would rather have a Russian Backed Stooge in the Oval Office than a legall elected Democrat.

I've waited long enough and I know 45 ain't qualified. I can never and will never acknowledge that Orange Faced Draft Doding Serial Adulterer.

Fuck off you lying piece of crap

Go U misinterpreted something I said but of course that won't stop a lying bastard like you from continuing to repeat the lie.

One more thing why no condemnation of those here who were commemorating Marx birthday

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hey asshole I voted for HRC and I agree Trump isn't qualified. But as Pelosi says we can't impeach a President because we don't like him

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Go U misinterpreted something I said but of course that won't stop a lying bastard like you from continuing to repeat the lie.

One more thing why no condemnation of those here who were commemorating Marx birthday

I didn't misinterpret anything. I asked over and over, and you made yourself QUITE clear. You didn't care if Trump colluded with the Russians, you didn't care if Putin was running things. You wanted that more than you wanted Dems to have any power. You've also made it clear on this board.

As usual, you didn't respond to the main post. Read it and tell me it's wrong. I fucking dare you.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

An opinion piece on a lw site written by a lwer with no objectivity from another lw site which uses Bill Maher as a source. This from a guy who rags my links

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

An opinion piece on a lw site written by a lwer with no objectivity from another lw site which uses Bill Maher as a source. This from a guy who rags my links

There ARE facts in it. Things that Trump has done. It's funny how you have a double standard.

Your deflecting for Trump shows that you have made your peace with Trump, and like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, you are now a Trumper.

Trump and Republicans before our nation and our democracy. You want to it destroyed, replaced with a strongman dictatorship.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

I didn't misinterpret anything. I asked over and over, and you made yourself QUITE clear. You didn't care if Trump colluded with the Russians, you didn't care if Putin was running things. You wanted that more than you wanted Dems to have any power. You've also made it clear on this board.

As usual, you didn't respond to the main post. Read it and tell me it's wrong. I fucking dare you.

Of course you know better what I was tryoing to say than the person who said it

What I was trying to do is be polite. What I should have. Said is how could you be so dumb to even think about such a scenario.

As for the link it is mainly the opinion of the author. It appears as if he, as you appetently know the facts before the investigation was even began

I believe that insiders must know or believe that the investigation is going to show Trump is stupid or incompetent but not complicet

So the left is gearing up for the next round.

Sidebar texting while riding sorry fpr so many errors

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Of course you know better what I was tryoing to say than the person who said it

What I was trying to do is be polite. What I should have. Said is how could you be so dumb to even think about such a scenario.

As for the link it is mainly the opinion of the author. It appears as if he as you know the facts before the investigation was even began

I believe that insiders must know pr believe that the investigation is going to show Trump is stupid or incompetent but not complicate

So the left is gearing up for the next round.

No. you weren't being polite. I asked over and over. You could have simply said, if Trump is in bed with Putin, he needs to go, even if it means Republicans lose power. You could have said I would put my nation before partisan politics.

But you didn't. You said you would be in Putin's side. And I PM'd you about it - and you promised to explain yourself, but you never did. That's a fact.

But you didn't. You were clear - You were a Trumper, no matter what. And you don't care that all this stuff is coming out with meetings with the Russians, with money flowing into the pockets of the Administration from foreign countries. You don't care that Trump doesn't care as companies use their tax cuts to close American factories, but the ONLY jobs Trump is talking about saving are Chinese jobs, of a company that the CIA says is using our technology to spy on Americans.

And I have a prediction - Trump is now trying to smear Mueller, to discredit him when he comes out with what Trump has done. Both glen and Joe will buy into "spygate" and say that Trump is innocent, that it's a deep-state plot to overthrow the election. Note that neither have stood up for Mueller in the fact of Trump's accusations.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

No. you weren't being polite. I asked over and over. You could have simply said, if Trump is in bed with Putin, he needs to go, even if it means Republicans lose power. You could have said I would put my nation before partisan politics.

But you didn't. You said you would be in Putin's side. And I PM'd you about it - and you promised to explain yourself, but you never did. That's a fact.

But you didn't. You were clear - You were a Trumper, no matter what. And you don't care that all this stuff is coming out with meetings with the Russians, with money flowing into the pockets of the Administration from foreign countries. You don't care that Trump doesn't care as companies use their tax cuts to close American factories, but the ONLY jobs Trump is talking about saving are Chinese jobs, of a company that the CIA says is using our technology to spy on Americans.

And I have a prediction - Trump is now trying to smear Mueller, to discredit him when he comes out with what Trump has done. Both glen and Joe will buy into "spygate" and say that Trump is innocent, that it's a deep-state plot to overthrow the election. Note that neither have stood up for Mueller in the fact of Trump's accusations.

I agree that Trump is trying smear and discredit Mueller
Win or lose it works well for Trump.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

And you are on board with Trump. You don't defend Mueller, a distinguished public servant. You support Trump.

And I knew you couldn't respond to the rest of my post. Gutless.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Spygate is a load of crap.

The FBI used an informant who monitored contacts the Russians were having with some Trump campaign operatives. Note: this is not the same thing as "spying on the Trump campaign". And he was not doing so on behalf of his political opponents.

Call it what you want, I call it a matter of national security. And totally legal.

Note: I'm still not using the informant's name, even though many media outlets already have, as I see no reason to.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:55 pm 
Policy Wonk

Hey asshole I voted for HRC and I agree Trump isn't qualified. But as Pelosi says we can't impeach a President because we don't like him

Hey you fuckwad, I do not believe for one minute you voted for HRC. You continue to defend and you continue to support 45. Fuck off. You ain't the gas it takes to make a fart.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

You did not misinterpret any damn, you do what you usually do which is talk out of your ass while stepping on your dick.

Who on this site "Were Commermorating Marx Birthday". The only people here who support Russians are the Cons who bow and scrap to Putin...and that sure as hell ain't me.

In fact is pretty fair to say the person here who defends or supports Russia and it's dictator Putin IS YOU!!!!

YOU DEFEND....YOU SUPPORT A MAN WHOSE ONLY CLAIM TO THE OVAL IS BY MEANS OF DIRECT RUSSIAN INTERFENCE IN THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

YOU HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH 45 RECEIVING RUSSIAN ASSISTANCE AND RUSSIAN SUPPORT IN THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

YOU IGNORE THAT RUSSIAN ASSISTANCE AND THAT RUSSIAN SUPPORT AND WOULD RATHER KEEP A RUSSIAN BACKED, RUSSIAN SUPPORTED REPUBLCIAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE. YOU CONTINUE TO PUT YOUR PARTY AHEAD OF YOUR COUNTRY.

Your personal attack is noted and reported.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Sun May 27, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Groucho Marx had a birthday?

Holy crap, I missed it.

And nobody brought cake. Douchebags. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:23 pm 
Policy Wonk

You have used Breitbart, Daily Stormer, Druge and Fox as your sources for threads you have posted, so you have no right to bitch about bias. You post opinion pieces as fact and then run away when caught out doing do.

You run away when caught lying. You engage in personal attacks against members who have caught you lying and have called and continue to call members of this forum "Commie".

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 1:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

Groucho Marx had a birthday?

Holy crap, I missed it.

And nobody brought cake. Douchebags. :P

:rw)

And Glen wants us to discredit him! How mean!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

If you agree, you should ask yourself why? Why does Trump and his team go to such great lengths to smear and discredit law enforcement? That's what criminals do. That's what the Mob does. If Trump was innocent, he'd let this investigation play out because he'd have nothing to hide. But no, he tweets constantly, every day, more on weekends, slandering the FBI. He's been doing this since the investigation started and it's getting worse and worse as the investigation goes deeper. His mouthpieces go on every media station spreading these lies and propaganda. They even admitted their tactic is to make people wary of Mueller.

Russian active measures also uses projection, to accuse others of doing what they themselves are doing. Trump does this, ALL THE TIME.

Constantly lying and saying up is down is what dictators do. It's what Hitler did.

You should be very, very VERY concerned, and stop talking about the left. This is an extremely serious issue for everyone. Even the cultists are going to regret it when their freedom is gone.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

[Expletives deleted -Z]

Because, like it or not, he was one of the most influential thinkers of the century. If you are going to send Marx down the Memory Hole, you might as well also close every university on the planet.

Marx didn't start communism, and in fact he didn't anticipate what happened in Russia. His theories pertained to industrial countries, which Russia was not. You probably shouldn't be criticizing people regarding ideas that clearly you know nothing about.

Philosophy is a bitch sometimes. Personally I'd be OK sending Ayn Rand down the Memory Hole, but same thing, it's there. Only idiotic conservatives and deluded fascists think they can suppress ideas once they're out in the public discussion. The rest of us, in other words, the grown up people, deal with it, because we understand that the alternative is ignorance and a state resembling North Korea. I doubt you'd like North Korea, even though I suspect that our "president" would be just fine with a demigod ruler here.

Die gedanken sind frei!

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

If I were to have to choose, I'd choose Marx over Ayn Rand. Any day. Rand was just plain evil.

Last edited by gounion on Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Confederates don't know what the investigation is about. They don't know what the "rule of law" means. They don't know what "collusion" means. They don't know what "obstruction of justice" means. And they don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to what "emolument's clause" means. All they know is that if Trump hates it, they hate it. If Trump wants it, they want it. They will vote for Trump even when his executive orders kill their businesses and cost them their jobs, because they are the most ignorant herd of motherfuckers on the face of the earth.

White conservatism is a cargo cult.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

They both do seem rather millennarian.

"One bomb was shown on TV, and the American people bought that war. War is show business."
--"Wag the Dog"

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

lol

That's not what Pelosi says about impeachment.

Besides, where do you get the idea that Trump would ever be impeached because "we" don't like him?