Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... /10780449/

Can the UN send in troops to get these kids out of there?

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 am 
Board Emeritus

And what percentage of Americans have a problem with this? Maybe a whole 60%...ya think?

What this 5 cent cigar needs is a good country.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 am 
Board Emeritus

Conservatives love to see brown people caged, unlcuding children. I note neither glen nor Joe has a problem with this.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:05 am 
Board Emeritus

When 60 percent of white people voted for Trump, I'm not so sure it's only "conservatives."

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:56 pm 

From the Article:

"NOGALES — They are fed and clothed, kept clean and cool, far better off than if they were walking through the desert in June temperatures.
They are undocumented. They entered the country illegally. And when they were apprehended by U.S. Customs and Border Protection, they were shipped to Nogales from overwhelmed processing facilities in Texas.

But they are still children in cages, not gangsters, not delinquents. Just children, 900 of them, in a makeshift border-town processing center that is larger than a football field. They pass the day sitting on benches or lying side by side on tiny blue mattresses pressed up against each other on nearly every square inch of the floor in the fenced areas.

The Nogales facility is a way station where the children are identified, examined for health problems by the U.S. Public Health Service, vaccinated and then moved to other facilities in Texas, Oklahoma and California until they are placed with relatives already in the country to await their day in Immigration Court. "

And a heads up - it was published June 18, 2014.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I see we care about civil liberties for everybody. :roll:

Since you're such a civil liberties guy, I hope you're supporting the ACLU here.

ACLU sues US over separation of mother, child seeking asylum
https://apnews.com/f4a8b8ebbc794605986f89470c065d07

HOUSTON (AP) — The American Civil Liberties Union accused the U.S. government on Monday of unlawfully separating a Congolese woman and her 7-year-old daughter by holding them in different immigration facilities, two time zones apart, after they sought asylum four months ago.

[snip][end]

We can talk about what happened in 2014. The situation of 2018 is now, and under this administration.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

And a heads up - it was published June 18, 2014.

A lot of us were also protesting this in 2014, and earlier. Anybody with Latino friends was against the Obama immigration policies in 2014.

Difference four years later is, your president openly endorses these ORR policies, as does the DOJ.

TMK in our lifetimes, we have never had a DOJ flagrantly make policy out of separating parents from their kids.

prolife
profamily

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 pm 

Yeah, I see we care about civil liberties for everybody. :roll:

Since you're such a civil liberties guy, I hope you're supporting the ACLU here.

ACLU sues US over separation of mother, child seeking asylum
https://apnews.com/f4a8b8ebbc794605986f89470c065d07

HOUSTON (AP) — The American Civil Liberties Union accused the U.S. government on Monday of unlawfully separating a Congolese woman and her 7-year-old daughter by holding them in different immigration facilities, two time zones apart, after they sought asylum four months ago.

[snip][end]

We can talk about what happened in 2014. The situation of 2018 is now, and under this administration.

I'd need a lot more information. On a good day the ACLU might bat .500 and when an ACLU lawyer says something is "unlawful" without citing law I'm doubtful. After looking at the Flores settlemnt it may be unlawful for the immigration organization not to place the child in a better environment. Immigration detention facilities are badly overburdened and where mom is may not be a suitable environment for the child and space in an appropriate facility may not be available.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

A civil liberties guy who doesn't like the foremost civil liberties organization in the U.S.

Hmmmkay.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Conservatives love to see brown people caged, unlcuding children. I note neither glen nor Joe has a problem with this.

This picture is from 2014. Where was all your concern when this picture was taken. You only give a shit about these people when you can use them for political purposes. You are as big a hypocrite as you are a liar.

You would be better off examining your own set of values before pretending to know what other people are thinking. Otherwise, like now, you just make yourself look foolish.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

This picture is from 2014. Where was all your concern when this picture was taken. You only give a shit about these people when you can use them for political purposes. You are as big a hypocrite as you are a liar.

You would be better off examining your own set of values before pretending to know what other people are thinking. Otherwise, like now, you just make yourself look foolish.

Can't you read?

viewtopic.php?p=407893#p407893

And what were you and your friends doing in 2014? Passing around monkey pictures of the Obamas?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Most of us were against Obama's policy of being the most active president in enforcing immigration law, myself included. He did however simultaneously work to CHANGE that as opposed to what you FILTHY FUCKING REPUBLICAN SCUM are doing now.

So FUCK all of you.

If that picture is from 2014 then it only supports what most of us were against THEN as we are now, and the FILTH in the WH now is making a point of SEPARATING these kids from parents and is NOT working on improving matters while OBAMA and the dems did try and improve the situation.

So again

fuck all of you and I wish there was a hell, you ALL belong there

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Can't you read?

And what were you and your friends doing in 2014? Passing around monkey pictures of the Obamas?

Stupid fucking bigot cons have short memories, ALL of us were complaining about Obama's policies and would throw it in the FACE of righty when they would ALL of them claim he was doing nothing

Where were these FILTHY FUCKING SCUMBAG CONS when we reminded them of that?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

A civil liberties guy who doesn't like the foremost civil liberties organization in the U.S.

Hmmmkay.

I remember you and I often talking about how Obama , in spite of the LIES of people like the CONS ON THIS BOARD was going over the line with the deportations.

We were against it then as we are now, the CONS like those on this board LIKE to see brown children tortured and I am losing my patience with these NAZIS

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Evidently liberals have no problem with brown children when they are caged by a democrat. I note you had no problem when this was happening in 2014. Just as you consider FDR to be our greatest President. Even though he put US citizens in concentration camps.I guess the left loves to see Asian people caged.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Remember, Glen uses dehumanizing language, and calls people "illegals"

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Most of us were against Obama's policy of being the most active president in enforcing immigration law, myself included. He did however simultaneously work to CHANGE that as opposed to what you FILTHY FUCKING REPUBLICAN SCUM are doing now.

So FUCK all of you.

If that picture is from 2014 then it only supports what most of us were against THEN as we are now, and the FILTH in the WH now is making a point of SEPARATING these kids from parents and is NOT working on improving matters while OBAMA and the dems did try and improve the situation.

So again

fuck all of you and I wish there was a hell, you ALL belong there

Except then nobody that I know of started a thread here about it. Yet somehow 4 years later people are now being vocal about how they were against it back then.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Remember, Glen uses dehumanizing language, and calls people "illegals"

They are illegal aliens and it is only the left that finds that correct term to be dehumanizing. Plus your comment is off topic as I expect MD will be pointing out shortly. So getting back on topic to you now think less of President Obama for caging brown children?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

They are illegal aliens and it is only the left that finds that correct term to be dehumanizing. Plus your comment is off topic as I expect MD will be pointing out shortly. So getting back on topic to you now think less of President Obama for caging brown children?

It's absolutely dehumanizing calling people illegal aliens. And no, it's not off topic. You don't give a rat's ass about these people. Troll boy.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's absolutely dehumanizing calling people illegal aliens. And no, it's not off topic. You don't give a rat's ass about these people. Troll boy.

So was it dehumanizing for President Obama to lock those children in cages?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen thinks using the term illegal alien to classify people isn't dehumanzing. Remember, he would still still be using the N word if it wasn't pounded into him that it is wrong.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

I remember you and I often talking about how Obama , in spite of the LIES of people like the CONS ON THIS BOARD was going over the line with the deportations.

We were against it then as we are now, the CONS like those on this board LIKE to see brown children tortured and I am losing my patience with these NAZIS

Well, the cons never complained about it, not TMK, but starting about 2010 it really ramped up. Latino voters and a few of my friends never forgot about it, especially not in 2012. An ex of mine, who is Cuban but obviously not Republican, just couldn't pull the lever for him in 2012 and I couldn't blame him. Though I think he voted something absurd like Peace and Freedom :problem:

These cons are just as full of it as ever, and would like to ignore what is happening in detention centers right now.

Lol Kamala Harris opened up a can of whoopass on Kiersten Nielsen about it, though

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Can't you read?

Yep. I can read. Quite well actually. But unlike GoU I do not believe I can read other people’s mind. I am on the record on this board for many years in support of broad and comprehensive immigration reform which would include giving legal status to most all undocumented aliens in this country. I said that back during the Obama administration. So if you are going to assign a policy position to me then perhaps you should either ask for my position or get your fucking facts straight ahead of time.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Evidently liberals have no problem with brown children when they are caged by a democrat.

Can't you read?

Quote:
I note you had no problem when this was happening in 2014. Just as you consider FDR to be our greatest President. Even though he put US citizens in concentration camps.I guess the left loves to see Asian people caged.

Conservative white landgrabbing policy, right out of the anti-japanese, anti-Chinese, anti-Filipino Native Sons of the Golden West fascists and lynchmobbers in my own state.

It would not be the first time conservative whites stripped Asian Americans of citizenship rights and their property.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, the cons never complained about it, not TMK, but starting about 2010 it really ramped up. Latino voters and a few of my friends never forgot about it, especially not in 2012. An ex of mine, who is Cuban but obviously not Republican, just couldn't pull the lever for him in 2012 and I couldn't blame him. Though I think he voted something absurd like Peace and Freedom :problem:

These cons are just as full of it as ever, and would like to ignore what is happening in detention centers right now.

Lol Kamala Harris opened up a can of whoopass on Kiersten Nielsen about it, though

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Nice deflection, you claim you spoke out against it then just not here. Fact is today the left is using those children as political fodder. In 2014 when you spoke out against it [ somewhere else evidently] I am sure you were mostly ignored by many of the same people who are now outraged.

BTW, is there any proof that we are still keeping them locked up in dog pens? The way President Obama did in such a dehumanizing fashion.