RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

MC, I give our African-American populace more credit than that. Blacks are still being beaten and killed by the Police with impunity, and the Republicans, not only are doing nothing about it, they and their President are simply adding fuel to the fire.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
Policy Wonk

MC, I give our African-American populace more credit than that. Blacks are still being beaten and killed by the Police with impunity, and the Republicans, not only are doing nothing about it, they and their President are simply adding fuel to the fire.

do you see the Democrat Party winning strictly on capitalizing on the bad things trump does? or do they need to do something for the benefit of their constituents?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

do you see the Democrat Party winning strictly on capitalizing on the bad things trump does? or do they need to do something for the benefit of their constituents?

I think they need to have a positive message going forward. I think if they do that, the Republicans will be in trouble.

But make no mistake, this election WILL be a referendum on Donald Trump.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

I think they need to have a positive message going forward. I think if they do that, the Republicans will be in trouble.

But make no mistake, this election WILL be a referendum on Donald Trump.

just a message? did it work last time? it was a referendum on trump last time wasnt it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

just a message? did it work last time? it was a referendum on trump last time wasnt it?

No, it wasn't a referendum on Trump. It was also the fact that Clinton wasn't a good candidate.

But let's also fucking REMEMBER that Clinton WON the popular vote, okay?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:47 pm 
Policy Wonk

would you vote for just a message in times like these?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

would you vote for just a message in times like these?

I vote for people and what they stand for.

I note you ignore the FACT that Clinton WON the popular vote. And many who did vote for Trump held their nose and voted for a change. It's always hard to keep the Presidency after eight years in office. It hasn't happened often.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was a little upset at what the Freep author was claiming until she got to the end. And then I saw the real point.

rochelle riley wrote:
Instead, he should ask Kim Kardashian for the names of about 100,000 other people, mostly black, in prison for long terms that were inhumane. There are plenty of folks who could deserve what he gave Alice Johnson.

Donald Trump, who’s not the best businessman and, maybe not the best husband, is the best modern reality star of all time.

And now he’s performing his biggest trick: convincing people that he cares more about black people than the Democratic Party. This, after he convinced poor people that he's better for them than any party.

I'm glad she sees what I see: that he's really a con man pulling magic tricks in order to convince people of these things. That he's really a reality star that focuses on pardoning dead black celebrities, and maybe one black person who's fortunate to know a (mostly) white celebrity, but ain't doing much for a heckuva lot of other living black people, who need pardons or not.

P.S. no I'm not saying Democrats should take them for granted, nor am I totally dismissing her point that it would be a mistake to take them for granted. Unfortunately, both blacks and whites, poor and rich, can be conned by Trump, and have been. But to fight a con, you got to show people you have something better than their snake oil, on that I agree.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, yes, and most of the candidates I know of are doing that.

Please note -- constructive criticism of the party is fine. If I disagree with its accuracy, well, that's because it's inaccurate.

If you said the party takes too much corporate money - I agree - that constructive criticism I view as valid. But then, we get to the next problem of what to do about it. And why that's the case. Etc.

I'm sorry, somebody who says the Democratic party isn't offering something for their constituents in 2018 (besides just not-being Trump or getting rid of him) isn't paying attention.

Now, fine if you want to claim flaws in this agenda, or it falls too short, or that you don't believe they really intend to follow through. But it does exist.

https://abetterdeal.democraticleader.gov

This is what they are saying they are going to do if elected in November (as a party; obviously individual candidates will emphasize individual messages.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:02 pm 
Policy Wonk

I was a little upset at what she was claiming until she got to the end. And then I saw the real point.

I'm glad she sees what I see: that he's really a con man pulling magic tricks in order to convince people of these things. That he's really a reality star that focuses on pardoning dead black celebrities, and maybe one black person who's fortunate to know a (mostly) white celebrity, but ain't doing much for a heckuva lot of other living black people, who need pardons or not.

P.S. no I'm not saying Democrats should take them for granted, nor am I totally dismissing her point that it would be a mistake to take them for granted. Unfortunately, both blacks and whites, poor and rich, can be conned by Trump, and have been. But to fight a con, you got to show people you have something better than their snake oil, on that I agree.

her point was the Democrats have to be better than trump in action, in doing something not just theory or message. if making life better for people in places like Detroit isn't central to that action those people wont be there to bail the rest of us out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

her point was the Democrats have to be better than trump in action, in doing something not just theory or message. if making life better for people in places like Detroit isn't central to that action those people wont be there to bail the rest of us out.

Agreed, and agreed.

I hope you're not finding me too rigid and inflexible. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bull fucking shit. :x :evil:
For one thing, she would NOT have pulled us out of the Paris Accords.

Secondly ... Here's what she proposed on it.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/climate/

She was not the one who had said it was all a Chinese hoax :roll: ... and she was the one who said she would take it seriously.

I also know for a fact she wouldn't have put a useless crook like Scott Pruitt in at the EPA.

She might have even appointed Al Gore as an advisor ... they did know each other, after all ;) ... I guess we'll never know.

Her statement was all hat and no cattle. Notice the lack of how we are going to achieve those goals. Also notice all the sacrfice would kick in after her 8 years were up. Seasoned politicians alwsys seem to have a plan for fixing things. But so very often the solution doesnt kick in until they are gone from office.

Finally thr Paris agreement is a treaty that was never presented for a vote. So we know hpw Dems claim they would voteon it. But only what they say.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

Agreed, and agreed.

I hope you're not finding me too rigid and inflexible. :D

no, but I would say there is danger in being so convinced we already won by default that we dont have to perform or compete, especially when we have the means to thrive at it as we do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

no, but I would say there is danger in being so convinced we already won by default that we dont have to perform or compete, especially when we have the means to thrive at it as we do.

No, no one's convinced of anything. It's the right that has the hubris, not us. A lot of hard work lies ahead. You going to be involved, or are you on the sidelines?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anybody taking November for granted, is a fool. Overconfidence was dangerous in 2016, and it will be again in 2018, and no I don't want anybody thinking they don't have to work for it, just because Trump is so bad. I take all those points.

On the one hand, I love polling, I love reading 538, but I've always wondered about one reverse effect of all that polling. It really bothers me that some people think "I don't need to vote" because polling already says the candidate is going to win.

In fact, at least at that one moment, please assume polling is as inaccurate as reading chicken entrails, and go and vote anyway. People HAVE to vote. Don't ever not go to the polls because you think you've "already" won. Yes, I think that had something to do with our 2016 loss. So many people just thought "Hillary had it in the bag".

That was a mistake. And we're paying.

I'm not taking shit for granted. I'm working up until election day this year, and I don't care what the m'f'n polls say, I'm voting.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

[
Her statement was all hat and no cattle.

As opposed to all of Donald Trump's, which were no science, no knowledge, no trust of climate experts, no doing ANYTHING about the problem because it's a Chinese hoax, and his pledge to put douchebags like Scott Pruitt in at the EPA.

I'd rather get 25% of what Hillary was promising, than be stuck with all the bullshit that Donald spewed during the campaign, and lived up to.

Homey, this is what the American people voted for. A guy who said climate change was a hoax.

A guy who has repeatedly called global warming a "hoax". 4 times on the record, BTW.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... chinese-h/

However, Trump has repeatedly called climate change a "hoax" in speeches, tweets and media appearances, and while he hasn’t necessarily repeated the charge that China "invented" climate change, he has said as recently as Jan. 18, 2016, that action on climate change "is done for the benefit of China."

We rate the claim Mostly True.

[snip][end]

Sorry, I voted for the gal who listens to scientists, not the idiot who says stupid shit and regularly promotes pseudoscience - not just on climate, but vaccination, and other areas.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Anybody who supports Trump is an asshole. Any black person who supports Trump is an asshole and a dumbfucker.

Lol all 15 of them

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:51 am 
Board Emeritus

Lol all 15 of them

Are you sure there are that many?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:01 am 
Board Emeritus

Are you sure there are that many?

Lol I was trying to be generous

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

Michigan native Mitt Romney predicts Donald Trump will win big in 2020

Quote:
........Romney said that Trump would "easily" win the Republican nomination and "solidly" win reelection to the presidency in 2020. He based his prediction on the economy doing well and his expectations that Democrats would nominate a fringe candidate.

"I think that not just because of the strong economy and the fact that people are going to see increasingly rising wages, but I think it's also true because I think our Democrat friends are likely to nominate someone who is really out of the mainstream of American thought and will make it easier for a president who's presiding over a growing economy," Romney told his audience on Thursday......

Quote:
.......Now that feuding appears to be over. Trump endorsed Romney for the Utah Senate race in February and the former governor spoke glowingly about the president at his summit.

When asked about Romney's comments by the Associated Press, Trump replied that "Mitt's a straight shooter — whether people love him or don't love him.".......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

And another #enevertrumper sells their soul. Now I remember some of the reasons why I didn't like him in 2012.

Got only one question for him. When he said (IMHO, truthfully) that Donald Trump was a con man, phony, and fraud back in 2016 ... why has he changed his mind?

He's running for Congress again. Got to imagine there's a journalist out there as curious as I am about his answer. The kabuki dance should be very interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump is trying to destroy the ACA's "must carry" provision that health insurance companies must cover people regardless of preexisting medical conditions. Via WaPo:

The Trump administration said Thursday night that it will not defend the Affordable Care Act against the latest legal challenge to its constitutionality — a dramatic break from the executive branch’s tradition of arguing to uphold existing statutes and a land mine for health insurance changes the ACA brought about.

In a brief filed in a Texas federal court and an accompanying letter to the House and Senate leaders of both parties, the Justice Department agrees in large part with the 20 Republican-led states that brought the suit. They contend that the ACA provision requiring most Americans to carry health insurance soon will no longer be constitutional and that, as a result, consumer insurance protections under the law will not be valid, either.

The three-page letter from Attorney General Jeff Sessions begins by saying that Justice adopted its position “with the approval of the President of the United States.” The letter acknowledges that the decision not to defend an existing law deviates from history but contends that it is not unprecedented.

This certainly gives us an issue in November.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:22 am 
Board Emeritus

Climate change and abortion . There is no evidence that HRC would have done squat about climate change. Beyomd having some meetings and media events. AKA the lefts version of thoughts and prayers.
On abortion you folks are spot on. The election of Trump has set back the pro abortion folks. But that hardly constitutes majir damage to our nation.
Thus far he has been able to maintain what Obama left him. The economy is doing well,unemployment is down and wages are up. We are at least speaking to NK and he killed TPP and is at least trying to do something about kobs leaving by talking about tariffs. All things that progressives would br praising HRC for doing.
We have an investigation and if it is shown he was involved in collusion then he must go. As for invoking the 25th amendment both Pelosi and Schumer are opposed to that.
So again while I will agree he needs to be shown the door. It needs to be done according to proper procedure. Not to protect Trump but instead to protect our nation's future.
If we set a precedent by removing Trump because he is a jerk. Then future Presidents could face removal from office based on public opinion.

Trump called Canada's PM a liar. Nice fucking way to treat an ally. He HATES our allies and LOVES Putin. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that they were lovers. Trump is Putin's bitch.

How long before the G7 becomes the G6?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump called Canada's PM a liar. Nice fucking way to treat an ally. He HATES our allies and LOVES Putin. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that they were lovers. Trump is Putin's bitch.

How long before the G7 becomes the G6?

++++++++++

It's well on its way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

World war will be the legacy of freedumb teaparty assholes

NO good fucking dumbshit assholes

even if not a shooting war, it will be a war and we will be on the side of russia

hmm, now who said that 2 years ago