RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

gotta say some of the democrats have become quite rigid and intolerant of any type of criticism of the party or constructive ideas for making it better or even living up to its strengths or good qualities.

Donald Trump is wooing black voters and killing the Democratic party

I don't dislike Rochelle Riley, but this is a kind of ridiculous piece. Ask yourself: what African American do you know who is falling for this garbage?

There's no way she can't know that the only people fooled by these pointless antics are conservative whites, the same people who also have a penchant for kidding themselves about their innate mental superiority. It's only good as more fodder for their old "blacks on the democrat plantation" line of bull, which never worked for them, either.

Thing they don't get: where ever conservative whites are in power, that place is shitty to us. Meaning they will NEVER get our vote.

The best they can do is to try vote suppression in all its modern forms because they already know they'll never get the most coveted voting bloc in the country being the way they are.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

carmenjonze wrote:

I don't dislike Rochelle Riley, but this is a kind of ridiculous piece. Ask yourself: what African American do you know who is falling for this garbage?

There's no way she can't know that the only people fooled by these pointless antics are conservative whites, the same people who also have a penchant for kidding themselves about their innate mental superiority. It's only good as more fodder for their old "blacks on the democrat plantation" line of bull, which never worked for them, either.

Thing they don't get: where ever conservative whites are in power, that place is shitty to us. Meaning they will NEVER get our vote.

The best they can do is to try vote suppression in all its modern forms because they already know they'll never get the most coveted voting bloc in the country being the way they are.

I think what shes getting at is the subversive effect that these pardons could have in lessening peoples outright digust for trump and without Democrats giving them inclusion or something to be exited about could cause inaction enough to swing the election.

Quote:
................And now he’s performing his biggest trick: convincing people that he cares more about black people than the Democratic Party. This, after he convinced poor people that he's better for them than any party.

If they’re not careful, the Dems will look up and realize that the black base they’ve taken for granted for decades, might not be as enthusiastic as in the past. It’s not that they might vote for Trump. But they may not vote against him.

That gives Trump his second term, and should give us all pause.

And the Trump's second biggest magic trick, after being elected, will be complete.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Again, I don't think they will matter as nothing has been done to decrease the killings of blacks by cops and Trumpers. You certainly seem too see black Americans as complete dupes, MC.

"You would think that after 8 years of hearing allegations against Bill C and another 8 against President Obama you people would have learned that 90% of those types of allegations just aren't true."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

N.F.L. Players to Trump: Here’s Whom You Should Pardon

Quote:
President Trump recently made an offer to National Football League players like us who are committed to protesting injustice. Instead of protesting, he suggested, we should give him names of people we believe were “unfairly treated by the justice system.” If he agrees they were treated unfairly, he said, he will pardon them.

To be sure, the president’s clemency power can be a valuable tool for redressing injustice. Just look at Alice Johnson, age 63, who was serving a life sentence for a nonviolent drug conviction until her sentence was commuted by President Trump. He should be commended for using his clemency power in that case.

But a handful of pardons will not address the sort of systemic injustice that N.F.L. players have been protesting. These are problems that our government has created, many of which occur at the local level. If President Trump thinks he can end these injustices if we deliver him a few names, he hasn’t been listening to us...........

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

If they’re not careful, the Dems will look up and realize that the black base they’ve taken for granted for decades, might not be as enthusiastic as in the past. It’s not that they might vote for Trump. But they may not vote against him.

I really think you should learn the basics about what's called "the Black vote". It bears no resemblance to the above; we don't vote on enthusiam or excitement.

These ploys only work on the conservative white mentality.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

You certainly seem too see black Americans as complete dupes, MC.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anybody taking November for granted, is a fool. Overconfidence was dangerous in 2016, and it will be again in 2018, and no I don't want anybody thinking they don't have to work for it, just because Trump is so bad. I take all those points.

On the one hand, I love polling, I love reading 538, but I've always wondered about one reverse effect of all that polling. It really bothers me that some people think "I don't need to vote" because polling already says the candidate is going to win.

In fact, at least at that one moment, please assume polling is as inaccurate as reading chicken entrails, and go and vote anyway. People HAVE to vote. Don't ever not go to the polls because you think you've "already" won. Yes, I think that had something to do with our 2016 loss. So many people just thought "Hillary had it in the bag".

That was a mistake. And we're paying.

I'm not taking shit for granted. I'm working up until election day this year, and I don't care what the m'f'n polls say, I'm voting.

The polls were blindsided by the micro-targeted campaign. There'd never been one of those before. The L.A. Times picked up that all the media hype was working, but still didn't get it altogether right, because their sample was still too broad. They made too many assumptions about the Rust Belt that turned out to be the right guess with the wrong reasons. As far as the others go, the Cambridge Analytica approach makes it impossible to pick "representative samples" using the usual statistical methods.

Since this never stopped, I'm not really following the polls. They seem to be behind the times, and they need a new method.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

I really think you should learn the basics about what's called "the Black vote". It bears no resemblance to the above; we don't vote on enthusiam or excitement.

These ploys only work on the conservative white mentality.

those arent my words they are what the author wrote in the article

she also wrote these:

Quote:
........In Detroit, and other urban areas — where we can’t get more than 14 to 20 percent of registered voters to turn out for a municipal election — and where many people still love Kanye West whether he thinks slavery was a choice or R. Kelly, who is escaping jail by inexplicable means — Trump may be resonating........

because in poor areas of Detroit there's not much threat of republicans taking an election, same way in rural white areas in Michigan with republicans not much threat of democrats running there. that depresses voting in both areas. shes not calling people dupes and neither would I. the one prong approach of trump disgust isnt enough to overcome the disaffected and poorest with the barriers to voting especially when elections are won in razor sharp margins like Michigan by as few as 10,000 votes.