Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: North Korea meeting
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:21 am 
Board Emeritus

So, what's going to happen? This is insanity. I'm sure that glen and Joe and Librarian think that Trump can bluff and bluster his way to a perfect deal. I don't think so.

First off, the North Koreans have never lived up to agreements in the past - why would they do so now?

Trump hasn't made one deal as President. Instead, he's destroyed deals. I don't see that North Korea will willingly give up their nukes - and leave themselves open to invasion. I mean, why should they believe the word of Donald Trump that they will be safe? He's never kept his word his whole life!

So, if Trump comes away with an agreement, it's just one that their he nor Kim plans to abide by. Trumps wanting to take all our troops out of South Korea - which is just what Kim wants. Then he can invade them easily.

Trump wants a pretend victory. We'll see what happens.

Post subject: Re: North Korea meeting
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Dennis Rodman head to Singapore to help out:

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman is traveling to Singapore for the upcoming summit between President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
Rodman's agent, Darren Prince, confirmed the trip.
"He is willing to offer his support for his friends, President Trump and Marshall Kim Jong Un," Prince said.
The NBA Hall-of-Famer also posted the announcement on Instagram Friday morning.

"Thanks to my loyal sponsors from @potcoin and my team at @princemarketinggroup , I will be flying to Singapore for the historical Summit. I'll give whatever support is needed to my friends, President Trump and Marshall Kim Jong Un," he wrote.

Here's the funny thing: The right is normalizing this, pretending it's anything but what it is: A shitshow circus, making our world more dangerous, not safer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:14 pm 
Policy Wonk

Kim is getting what he wants, international recognition. 45 is just feeding his 9-Year Old Boy Ego.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

By meeting with Kim, Trump is letting Kim sit at the grownup's table while regulating the U.S. to the kid's table with his behavior at the G7.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, what's going to happen? This is insanity. I'm sure that glen and Joe and Librarian think that Trump can bluff and bluster his way to a perfect deal. I don't think so.

First off, the North Koreans have never lived up to agreements in the past - why would they do so now?

Trump hasn't made one deal as President. Instead, he's destroyed deals. I don't see that North Korea will willingly give up their nukes - and leave themselves open to invasion. I mean, why should they believe the word of Donald Trump that they will be safe? He's never kept his word his whole life!

So, if Trump comes away with an agreement, it's just one that their he nor Kim plans to abide by. Trumps wanting to take all our troops out of South Korea - which is just what Kim wants. Then he can invade them easily.

Trump wants a pretend victory. We'll see what happens.

If anything, it will be an empty agreement with a lot of good sounding platitudes allowing both sides to claim some sort of victory.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Think about one of the right's main planks of belief - that Chamberlain committed the gravest of sins by capitulating to Hitler. I guarantee that if Obama was meeting with Kim, that's the narrative the right would be screaming at the top of their lungs. Instead, they are cheering the already-huge capitulations of Trump to Kim.

It is pure insanity. Kim can't be trusted any more than Trump can. Two lying sacks of shit that wants to pretend they are doing something. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anybody besides me thin we are making what Trump does or might do way, way too fucking complicated?

What Trump Wil do is what he has always dine in every meeting, conference, private discussion, or any other interpersonal activity he has participated in over the last 5 decades.

He will walk in and be who he is, which is the most arrogant, belligerent, prick on the face of the earth. He won't do anything else because he can't do anything else. Arrogant, belligerent prick...is who he is, and all he will ever be.

But we need to wait for Mueller's report before we know that he is unfit for the office.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anybody besides me thin we are making what Trump does or might do way, way too fucking complicated?

What Trump Wil do is what he has always dine in every meeting, conference, private discussion, or any other interpersonal activity he has participated in over the last 5 decades.

He will walk in and be who he is, which is the most arrogant, belligerent, prick on the face of the earth. He won't do anything else because he can't do anything else. Arrogant, belligerent prick...is who he is, and all he will ever be.

But we need to wait for Mueller's report before we know that he is unfit for the office.

Agree completely. Trump's head hurts when he has to think.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some ideas.

Kim = Putin Puppet
Trump = Putin Puppet

Staged summit to make both leaders look good. Kim gets a place at the world table. Trump gets to pretend he's responsible for a bogus peace agreement.

Kim doesn't actually do squat about denuclearization.

When Trump gets back Mueller brings charges over the next several weeks/ months

Scenario 1:

Trump doesn't do shit because he gets higher approval ratings by the dopes - the tea party cultists cheer that he deserves the Nobel and Trump thinks this will help negate impeachment.

Scenario 2:

Trump escalates a war with NK on the basis of the summit failing in an attempt to get out of being held accountable for his crimes.

There is also talk that a summit is being set up with Trump and his pal Putin. The entire thing is making me vomit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Some ideas.

Kim = Putin Puppet
Trump = Putin Puppet

Staged summit to make both leaders look good. Kim gets a place at the world table. Trump gets to pretend he's responsible for a bogus peace agreement.

Kim doesn't actually do squat about denuclearization.

When Trump gets back Mueller brings charges over the next several weeks/ months

Scenario 1:

Trump doesn't do shit because he gets higher approval ratings by the dopes - the tea party cultists cheer that he deserves the Nobel and Trump thinks this will help negate impeachment.

Scenario 2:

Trump escalates a war with NK on the basis of the summit failing in an attempt to get out of being held accountable for his crimes.

There is also talk that a summit is being set up with Trump and his pal Putin. The entire thing is making me vomit.

Yep. Sounds like a set-up deal between Trump, Putin, Xi and Kim.

And glen and Joe will cheer it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

Agree 1,000% Ike.

I would hate to one of those thousands of U.S. Military in the Republic of Korea right now, especially on the DMZ.

45 has not one clue and thinks he will know how things wil go within one minute, his words - One Minute!

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:36 am 
Board Emeritus

What great Americans upu lefties are. About a month ago you were all claiming Trump was going to get us in a nuclear war with NK. Now you are worried he might get some sort of credit for an empty agreement ste up by China.
Who cares if the agreement is set up by China who cares who gets the credit. If the end result is NK gives up theit nukes and takes one step closer to becoming part of the world we all will be better off.
Finally any agreement can be no worse that the ones done bt Clinton and Obama. Which even you here have admitted were bogus.
NK is a great example of how no matter what Trump does you folkswill oppose. The fact we are talking directly with NK means there is a less likely chance we will be at war with NK and that is a positive.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 am 
Board Emeritus

Think about one of the right's main planks of belief - that Chamberlain committed the gravest of sins by capitulating to Hitler. I guarantee that if Obama was meeting with Kim, that's the narrative the right would be screaming at the top of their lungs. Instead, they are cheering the already-huge capitulations of Trump to Kim.

It is pure insanity. Kim can't be trusted any more than Trump can. Two lying sacks of shit that wants to pretend they are doing something. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

The difference here is whatever happens has been orchestrated by China. It could be thst China has had enough of Kim's crap and are more worried about his nukes and what would happen to China if he were to use them.
So what it boils down to is China telling Kim what he is going to agree to. Knowing and taking advantage of Trump's ego.
I personally have hope something good comes out of the summit. Know if it does it will be because of China and don't care who gets the credit.
Unlike you lefties who are scared shitless that something good for the USA and world will happen and Trump get the credit. You people go from Trump is going to start a nuclear war with NK. To worrying that we might get peace with NK. Putting party over country and world.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 am 
Board Emeritus

msr. glen wrote:
If the end result is NK gives up theit nukes

Should I assign that a probability value?

If Kim/NK agrees to give up every single bit of nuclear weaponry and totally abandon its weapons program ... I am the Pope of Greenwich Village.

You can start measuring my robes now. You heard it from me first. :roll:

We know Dennis Rodman is part of the crack negotiating team. Emphasis on "crack".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Should I assign that a probability value?

If Kim/NK agrees to give up every single bit of nuclear weaponry and totally abandon its weapons program ... I am the Pope of Greenwich Village.

You can start measuring my robes now. You heard it from me first. :roll:

We know Dennis Rodman is part of the crack negotiating team. Emphasis on "crack".

What the left should be saying and the right be thinking is while I don't have much faith anything concrete will come of the summit I hope it does.
Instead the left is afraid Trump will get credit for doing something positive. Just having the summit is a positive and takes us one step away from wst with NK.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:30 am 
Board Emeritus

Kim is getting what he wants, international recognition. 45 is just feeding his 9-Year Old Boy Ego.

Way to repeat the lw and dem talking points. Which I heard 10 times yesterday on radio. I am predicting Hartmann will repeat them within his first 15 minutes and 5 to 8 times during his show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen, I'm hoping for the best.

With Trump, I'm expecting the worst. I mean, just going by his last gig at international diplomacy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:44 am 
Board Emeritus

The difference here is whatever happens has been orchestrated by China. It could be thst China has had enough of Kim's crap and are more worried about his nukes and what would happen to China if he were to use them.
So what it boils down to is China telling Kim what he is going to agree to. Knowing and taking advantage of Trump's ego.
I personally have hope something good comes out of the summit. Know if it does it will be because of China and don't care who gets the credit.
Unlike you lefties who are scared shitless that something good for the USA and world will happen and Trump get the credit. You people go from Trump is going to start a nuclear war with NK. To worrying that we might get peace with NK. Putting party over country and world.

Just tell me how this is going to work. If Kim promises to get rid of all his nukes, do you think he will?

Although, admittedly, NK lies less than Trump, but that's not saying much.

Let's be clear - if this were Obama making a deal, you'd be screaming he's Chamberlain making a deal with Hitler!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:46 am 
Board Emeritus

What the left should be saying and the right be thinking is while I don't have much faith anything concrete will come of the summit I hope it does.
Instead the left is afraid Trump will get credit for doing something positive. Just having the summit is a positive and takes us one step away from wst with NK.

Actually, Glen, it doesn't take us one step away from war. Kim is interested in two things: what he can gain from the U.S. and what he does not have to give up. While his nuke testing area may have been destroyed he already has nukes and the missile system to create havoc. He wants the U.S. off of the peninsula and he wants food. He will come away looking good while Trump comes away looking the fool.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:50 am 
Board Emeritus

Way to repeat the lw and dem talking points. Which I heard 10 times yesterday on radio. I am predicting Hartmann will repeat them within his first 15 minutes and 5 to 8 times during his show.

Glen...in every setting Trump is an arrogant, malicious, prick. In his business, in his politics, in his governance, in his family, although the whores of both genders put up with it for the money. In his interactions with every other human being on the face of the earth, Donald's second most pleasurable experience is the adulation. But what really gives Donald Trump the most pleasure is fucking with the other person. When he can fuck with you, he's a happy man. At his pre-G7 press conference Trump was fucking with the rest of the world. But Trump isn't the problem glen. You are the problem.

Without the Congressional Republicans who support him, he would be back fucking with vendors, subcontractors, piano salesmen and caterers. And without people like you who support them, Congressional Republicans wouldn't be tolerating his belligerence either.

Trump remains in power because Republican politicians are terrified that if they cross him they will never make it through the next primary cycle...due to the fact that the ignorant asshole white christians who want MAWA, the 80 percent of Republican voters who support Trump will abandon them in the primaries. And then there are the dumbfucking Republicans like you...who support them just because you're idiots. It's the support of Congressional Republicans that keeps Trump in office. It's the support of people like you and Joe who keep the current crop of vote whoring Congressional Republicans in office. You and Joe can spew forth your insistence that you don't support Trump all day long...but that doesn't change the fact that you do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:41 am 
Board Emeritus

Just tell me how this is going to work. If Kim promises to get rid of all his nukes, do you think he will?

Although, admittedly, NK lies less than Trump, but that's not saying much.

Let's be clear - if this were Obama making a deal, you'd be screaming he's Chamberlain making a deal with Hitler!

I think Kim has to do whateve the chinese govt tells hom to do. You are wrong about what if this wss Obama. I have always been in favor of talking to our enemies, even the Taliban. Now if Trump or Obama were to come back with some unverified peace in our time agreement then yes I would make the Chamberlain comparisons.

But lets make no mistake here. If a Democratic Party President were making the same moves with NK as Trump you would be praising them to the high heavens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:30 am 
Board Emeritus

I think Kim has to do whateve the chinese govt tells hom to do. You are wrong about what if this wss Obama. I have always been in favor of talking to our enemies, even the Taliban. Now if Trump or Obama were to come back with some unverified peace in our time agreement then yes I would make the Chamberlain comparisons.

But lets make no mistake here. If a Democratic Party President were making the same moves with NK as Trump you would be praising them to the high heavens.

You need to can it with the "lefties" shit dude. This isn't about opposing Trump because he's a Republican. That's utterly ridiculous. This entire thing is staged. Look at how it happened and how fast it happened. These two guys were just threatening to nuke each other over Twitter a few short months ago. But now Trump praises him, just like he praises Putin, another murderous dictator. And now all of a sudden they're meeting for a summit.

Russia, China and NK are allies. NK got all its tech from Russia and China to begin with.

Trump is supposedly handling this on his own. With no plan. You claim Trump is highly intelligent. Then you claim he's stupid. Then you claim he's intelligent again. So which is he for this meeting that he's unprepared for? He doesn't even have a science person with him when the topic is about nuclear weapons.

Trump gets to look good and Kim gets a seat with the big boys.

Kim is a monster. He starves his own people to death. He jails his own people for violating any law. He murdered his own brother. He kidnaps girls from neighboring countries to be used as sex slaves. He straps people to antiaircraft guns and blows them up for his viewing pleasure. He roasts dissidents alive with flame throwers. And now he gets a seat at the world table for some staged bullshit between two Putin puppets.

Kim isn't giving up his weapons.

I think you need to revisit some topics around these parts from 2017. There are solid predictions that lead up to this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:34 am 
Board Emeritus

What great Americans upu lefties are. About a month ago you were all claiming Trump was going to get us in a nuclear war with NK. Now you are worried he might get some sort of credit for an empty agreement ste up by China.

Great Americans are patriots. They don't side with dictators and criminals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 am 
Board Emeritus

rodman will make more sense than groper.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:49 am 
Policy Wonk

What the left should be saying

This is NOT about "The Left" or "The Right". This is about the safety and security of the United States being put in danger by lying Draft Dodging Fascist.

Oh, As I Recall You Said That You NEVER JUDGE PEOPLE....caught in yet again another lie glen....

Last edited by marindem on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.