RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Feh...like being a Trump supporter isn't ugly enough.

Tell that to Mark Copan D Wisc Co-Chair of the Progressive Caucus

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
KRUGMAN: A "...de facto foreign agent sits in the Oval Office."

So cons, either you vehemently, loudly oppose Rump and EVERYTHING he does and says or you dont. If you dont, traitors r u.

I take no pleasure calling you traitors but this is an emergency.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

:rw)

Sometimes I tune into a page, your post, and you are BLASTING someone, usually Glen, but I have this twinge for a second before I see to make sure it isnt me :rw)

And so what that is, is a compliment. You are nobody's lapdog or hypocrite or yes man. You take shit from nobody and dont care what the group think is, I often look for your comment on something for that reason, to check myself.

As shucks. Just tryin' to keep the conversation...lively.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tell that to Mark Copan D Wisc Co-Chair of the Progressive Caucus

I'm sure he would agree with me.

PS - it's Mark Pocan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:24 am 
Board Emeritus

I hope Izzz will come to this thread.

Sometimes, I get the sense that people don't understand, especially younger gay people, that it is still not safe to be out and gay, and that by showing even minimal affection you are taking a risk on your physical safety. And Izz's generation had it a LOT worse than mine.

Uber headquarters is 10 blocks from the gay mecca, so-called, of the known universe, though I know this incident took place in the East Village, or thereabouts. During Brooklyn Pride weekend. :problem: I'm glad the CEO reached out to them, seeing as probably a quarter million LGBTQs are going to be parading past there in another two weeks. I'm also glad that this is only the first time for these young women to ever have to deal with this kind of violence.

Oh and that this is even WHY we have pride celebrations: we still do not have anything even close to equal rights, yet. It's closer than it was and things have improved exponentially over the past 60 years. But frankly, given the 1950s and prior, anything was an improvement.

This one is also a good one for Prolife Profamily and In narrow ruling, Supreme Court gives victory to baker. This clown thinks samesex kissing is "illegal" and that “I don’t give a shit about them. I did what I believe is my freedom,” (from HP) :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem:

F' this guy.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am 
Board Emeritus

I hope Izzz will come to this thread.

Sometimes, I get the sense that people don't understand, especially younger gay people, that it is still not safe to be out and gay, and that by showing even minimal affection you are taking a risk on your physical safety. And Izz's generation had it a LOT worse than mine.

Uber headquarters is 10 blocks from the gay mecca, so-called, of the known universe, though I know this incident took place in the East Village, or thereabouts. During Brooklyn Pride weekend. :problem: I'm glad the CEO reached out to them, seeing as probably a quarter million LGBTQs are going to be parading past there in another two weeks. I'm also glad that this is only the first time for these young women to ever have to deal with this kind of violence.

Oh and that this is even WHY we have pride celebrations: we still do not have anything even close to equal rights, yet. It's closer than it was and things have improved exponentially over the past 60 years. But frankly, given the 1950s and prior, anything was an improvement.

This one is also a good one for Prolife Profamily and In narrow ruling, Supreme Court gives victory to baker. This clown thinks samesex kissing is "illegal" and that “I don’t give a shit about them. I did what I believe is my freedom,” (from HP) :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem: :problem:

F' this guy.

Michaelangelo Signorile wrote a book, iirc, commenting that the SCOTUS ruling regarding gay marriage did not mean the fight was over. Brown v Bd. of Ed didn't mean that the civil rights struggle for African-Americans was over. Oh, many white people think that it is over but they are wrong or bigots or both. The same applies to Gays. And it will continue to apply as long as SCOTUS decisions legitimize, intentionally or unintentionally, religious doctrine as a basis for providing goods and services in the public square. It damages people and damages religion. We do not want the SCOTUS deciding what is or isn't correct religious belief nor do we want religious belief being the basis for who gets what goods and services. You provide goods and services in the public square then you provide them to everyone, period.

And unrelated, I do not take unlicensed taxi services which is all these so-called ride sharing services are. Fuck Uber and Lyft. But Uber first because their founder was an asshat.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 am 
Board Emeritus

This idea that you don't have to provide services to people you disapprove of ... where do we stop?

Couple who is "living in sin" wants cake for a birthday party ... cake maker doesn't approve of their "lifestyle" ... won't make cake.

IMHO, if you're not being asked to make a cake with an illegal message, or for an illegal activity ... make the cake, disapprove on your own time in your own mind.

Or stop operating as a public accommodation, and then be as judgmental and self-righteous as you wanna be. But make the choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 am 
Board Emeritus

So cons, either you vehemently, loudly oppose Rump and EVERYTHING he does and says or you dont. If you dont, traitors r u.

I take no pleasure calling you traitors but this is an emergency.

So the 15 democrats who wrote the letter to Trump are traitors.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Michaelangelo Signorile wrote a book, iirc, commenting that the SCOTUS ruling regarding gay marriage did not mean the fight was over. Brown v Bd. of Ed didn't mean that the civil rights struggle for African-Americans was over. Oh, many white people think that it is over but they are wrong or bigots or both. The same applies to Gays. And it will continue to apply as long as SCOTUS decisions legitimize, intentionally or unintentionally, religious doctrine as a basis for providing goods and services in the public square. It damages people and damages religion. We do not want the SCOTUS deciding what is or isn't correct religious belief nor do we want religious belief being the basis for who gets what goods and services. You provide goods and services in the public square then you provide them to everyone, period.

And unrelated, I do not take unlicensed taxi services which is all these so-called ride sharing services are. Fuck Uber and Lyft. But Uber first because their founder was an asshat.

Well, we already know that. But Signorile is of my generation.

I live in a city where I can no longer afford a car. I take Lyft because I have never once had a Lyft (or Uber) pass me up like cabs still do.

I suppose when I get in the car with a woman and we share a kiss, THEN the gloves come off :problem: . But that's the same with the cabbies and catching cabs in the city is still an issue for African Americans after the 4 generations we have had automobiles on the road. :|

And overall, Lyft is much safer for me as a woman traveling alone at night in a major city than a cab, or public transportation. And NO WAY IN HELL would I take a cab out to suburbia.

Standard disclaimer: doesn't matter if you wear KMart or JCPenney or Brooks Brothers; doesn't matter if you look like Steph or LeBron or Manute Bol, we all look alike to certain types...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 am 
Board Emeritus

So the 15 democrats who wrote the letter to Trump are traitors.

You're aware that you're in a thread about an Uber driver who got violent with a lesbian couple, right?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am 
Board Emeritus

You're aware that you're in a thread about an Uber driver who got violent with a lesbian couple, right?

No, he is not. He has the attention span of a lizard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 am 
Board Emeritus

No, he is not. He has the attention span of a lizard.

That could be my fault, I take EVERY opportunity to remind traitors that they are traitors. I did that here with a quote from Krugman. :rw)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Uber is working on an AI system which would detect the drunkenness of callers from the way they hold the phone. It would, as they say, allow drivers to refuse sozzled passengers.

[Aside: in order to work with games, the phone has a number of sensitive position sensors, two gravity meters, and two compasses, along with its accurate positioning system using GPS and a number of other inputs.]

Uhhh... I thought the idea was for drunks to not drive. I know rude conduct and peeing in the car are problems, but.... but............

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 am 
Board Emeritus

:problem:

NYC Cabbie Allegedly Tells Passenger: 'I Don't Drive Gays' - NBC NY

Quote:
He "interrupted our conversation and was like, 'Are you gay?'" recalled Smith.

"We were like, 'Uh?' But before we could ask again, he was like, 'Are you a gay man?'" said Smith.

"'Yes, I am,'" Smith replied. "He was like, 'I don't drive gays. So I was shocked."

After that, Smith and his friend asked the driver to pull over on the Lower East Side, and the two got out. They were able to take a quick photo of the medallion number, though "my head was spinning at this point, I just wanted to get us out of the back seat of this bigot's cab," said Smith.

We really need that "See You In Court" thread..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:48 am 
Board Emeritus

As for your premise that our country is a piece of shit.........you are just wrong and in all seriousness why don't you move?

Why don't assholes like you move? You're the ones who have turned this country into the piece of shit it is today. Within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you, we would begin to see what kind of country this oughta be.

Here's the thing glen. We have the legal opportunity to move to any country in the EU...the blonde is a citizen of them all. And we have the financial resources to do it, with ease. But I'm not ready to turn this country over to a pack of bigots and woman hating shitsacks like you without a fight. We will know by the 2020 elections if this country is going to be a permanent piece of shit by then. And at that time, if all that's left is what it is now...you goddamn shitheel confederates won't see us for the fucking dust. At that point I will not be willing to spend any more of the precious time we have left sharing good air with you (if, thanks to you there's any decent air left).

Last edited by Ike Bana on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

:problem:

NYC Cabbie Allegedly Tells Passenger: 'I Don't Drive Gays' - NBC NY

We really need that "See You In Court" thread..

Licensed cab drivers or licensed anything are just as capable of being shitheads as anyone else. Yeah, they need to be sued.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Licensed cab drivers or licensed anything are just as capable of being shitheads as anyone else. Yeah, they need to be sued.

Religious bigot shithead, I'd say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

New York City Uber Driver Has License Suspended After Kicking Out 2 Kissing Women

An Uber driver who booted two kissing women out of his car had his livery license suspended on Tuesday.

The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission, which licenses about 180,000 drivers of car services and yellow cabs, called his behavior “ridiculous.”

http://time.com/5310596/kissing-women-n ... suspended/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

New York City Uber Driver Has License Suspended After Kicking Out 2 Kissing Women

An Uber driver who booted two kissing women out of his car had his livery license suspended on Tuesday.

The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission, which licenses about 180,000 drivers of car services and yellow cabs, called his behavior “ridiculous.”

http://time.com/5310596/kissing-women-n ... suspended/

bye