RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

It could given the fake president has made it clear the new GOP very much wants to punish women and is not yet sure what form that punishment will be.

Roe isnt overturned you say?

Not yet.

If it is ever overturned I will blame nose holders.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Other than a few hardliners I do not believe the GOP really wants it to be overturned anymore than the DNC wants the GOP to quit [ pretending] to try. It is to good a fund raiser for both parties. Now there are states like mine [SC] will try to outlaw abortion in our state because it keep certain lawmakers in power. But, nationwide no way both parties like it just the way it is.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

They want Roe overturned because they want sexual control over women.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Other than a few hardliners I do not believe the GOP really wants it to be overturned anymore than the DNC wants the GOP to quit [ pretending] to try. It is to good a fund raiser for both parties. Now there are states like mine [SC] will try to outlaw abortion in our state because it keep certain lawmakers in power. But, nationwide no way both parties like it just the way it is.

I don’t think Roe will be overturned. If it were overturned then the law would revert back to the state level where it is already heavily regulated in many states.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don’t think Roe will be overturned. If it were overturned then the law would revert back to the state level where it is already heavily regulated in many states.

if overturned the right, in particular the religious right and their lackeys in congress will push for a federal bill regarding making abortion a crime, likely murder.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:24 am 
Board Emeritus

if overturned the right, in particular the religious right and their lackeys in congress will push for a federal bill regarding making abortion a crime, likely murder.

Bird, if Roe were overturned it would be a ruling which would turn the issue over to the states, in essence forbidding the Federal Government from attempting to make laws which regulate it.

What I'm trying to say is overturning Roe would overturn any other federals laws which might be enacted attempting to be proactive about outlawing abortion as well.

Fifty states, fifty different set of abortion laws, as they see fit. :|

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 am 
Board Emeritus

The situation for women in most red states will get worse.

Not only will states revert to what they had on the books before 1973 ... a lot of Roe nullified laws will take effect that were passed since then up until 2018.

As of now, in most red states, tight restrictions allowed under Casey etc. mean many have only a handful of abortion clinics, sometimes just 1 at this point, and some women are having to cross state lines to get abortions in other states.

When they cross state lines, it becomes a federal matter, again.

I predict there will be a lot of battles inside various states, especially purple ones like my own, to draft additional state restrictions once Roe is gone.

It won't result in national criminalization ... but it will get ugly, close to 50 battles could rage.

Instead of having to travel overseas to get an abortion, you'll see an exodus of women from red to blue states to get one ... IF they can afford to travel, and the feds don't step into that act of interstate travel.

Anyway, if you'll remember, Don was asked what kind of punishment women should get, by Chris Matthews, if they have abortions, and he didn't answer, except to say "there must be some punishment" and presumably of the doctors as well, though he wasn't asked about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Bird, if Roe were overturned it would be a ruling which would turn the issue over to the states, in essence forbidding the Federal Government from attempting to make laws which regulate it.

What I'm trying to say is overturning Roe would overturn any other federals laws which might be enacted attempting to be proactive about outlawing abortion as well.

Fifty states, fifty different set of abortion laws, as they see fit. :|

Really? What is to stop congress from passing any law regarding criminalization of abortion? Nothing, that I can see. I doubt the SCOTUS can make a ruling preventing precisely that. In point of opinion your 50 states example would actually force congress to act as what may be criminal in one state and not in another could force a scenario wherein travel to a criminalized state might become impossible for those who had an abortion in another state. Or it would create a scenario wherein a woman would leave a criminalized state to procure an abortion and face consequences when she returned home.

No, imo, it will take a federal act to codify and unify the law.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Couldn't they make a FEDERAL law that abortion is murder and states could not do anything to change it? Where is our expert.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:45 am 
Board Emeritus

The situation for women in most red states will get worse.

Not only will states revert to what they had on the books before 1973 ... a lot of Roe nullified laws will take effect that were passed since then up until 2018.

As of now, in most red states, tight restrictions allowed under Casey etc. mean many have only a handful of abortion clinics, sometimes just 1 at this point, and some women are having to cross state lines to get abortions in other states.

When they cross state lines, it becomes a federal matter, again.

I predict there will be a lot of battles inside various states, especially purple ones like my own, to draft additional state restrictions once Roe is gone.

It won't result in national criminalization ... but it will get ugly, close to 50 battles could rage.

Instead of having to travel overseas to get an abortion, you'll see an exodus of women from red to blue states to get one ... IF they can afford to travel, and the feds don't step into that act of interstate travel.

Anyway, if you'll remember, Don was asked what kind of punishment women should get, by Chris Matthews, if they have abortions, and he didn't answer, except to say "there must be some punishment" and presumably of the doctors as well, though he wasn't asked about that.

Remember, the actual goal of the right is to punish women, maybe execute, maybe not, we dont know yet. they HATE it when a woman refuses to have sex with them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Legalized abortion is a great example of democrats using the courts to enact a law the Democratic Party supported but didn't have the political will to pass themselves.

However now that public opinion has changed elected dems are now in front of the parade. Same is true of gay marriage and rights along with other social issues. Why take a political risk when the courts give you cover.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Legalized abortion is a great example of democrats using the courts to enact a law the Democratic Party supported but didn't have the political will to pass themselves.

However now that public opinion has changed elected dems are now in front of the parade. Same is true of gay marriage and rights along with other social issues. Why take a political risk when the courts give you cover.

Whereas the Republican Party has played the religious right for years by claiming to be "pro-life" instead of being intellectually honest and admitting they are simply anti-choice and then doing nothing once they get elected.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Try to remember, glen is a con, therefore knows nothing about this or anything from a position of law, constitution or reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Whereas the Republican Party has played the religious right for years by claiming to be "pro-life" instead of being intellectually honest and admitting they are simply anti-choice and then doing nothing once they get elected.

Yes absolutely each party has games they play to appease their base while attempting to fool the rest of the electorate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Try to remember, glen is a con, therefore knows nothing about this or anything from a position of law, constitution or reason.

So says the person who believes Trump is a Russian Agent and women who have abortions will be charged with murder if the GOP ever gets enough power.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

So says the person who believes Trump is a Russian Agent and women who have abortions will be charged with murder if the GOP ever gets enough power.

Says me too. Pence believes abortion is murder. You really think he's the only Republican politician who subscribes to this? How's about the Texas Republican Party? How's about one congressional Republican after abother? "Abortion is murder" is the persistent and historical position of the Republican Party.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

So ... in all seriousness, if you DO believe abortion is murder, then women who have abortions are murderers, and the abortion doctors are accessories to murder. (Or is it the other way around?)

So, I can't believe so-called "pro life"/"anti choice" people don't want criminal penalties for women who have abortions.... if it's murder, and you support the death penalty (many of these people do), surely you must want it in this case?

I can tell you in El Salvador, miscarriages are investigated as crime scenes, to see whether the women actually induced an abortion, and should be charged with a crime. That shit is happening now. I believe they get prison time if convicted, not the death penalty.

If you don't want the death penalty for women who have abortion ... then I guess like me you're starting to realize calling abortion "murder", is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Says me too. Pence believes abortion is murder. You really think he's the only Republican politician who subscribes to this? How's about the Texas Republican Party? How's about one congressional Republican after abother? "Abortion is murder" is the persistent and historical position of the Republican Party.

While I do believe Pence is sincere in his stupidity as well as some others. Overall I believe the majority of elected officials are just saying words that will keep their asses in those comfy chairs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 am 
Board Emeritus

While I do believe Pence is sincere in his stupidity as well as some others. Overall I believe the majority of elected officials are just saying words that will keep their asses in those comfy chairs

Well, of course a useful idiot like yourself will argue this...but your statement is a reflection on Republican politicians way, way more than Democratic politicians. We have a pretty good choice of Democrats to vote for...it's pretty easy to tell the lying assholes from the decent people, but Republican politicians...they're all from the same litter of bloodsucking vampire bats. And you vote for the motherfuckers anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, of course a useful idiot like yourself will argue this...but your statement is a reflection on Republican politicians way, way more than Democratic politicians. We have a pretty good choice of Democrats to vote for...it's pretty easy to tell the lying assholes from the decent people, but Republican politicians...they're all from the same litter of bloodsucking vampire bats. And you vote for the motherfuckers anyway.

It was made even worse in 2010 when the dumbest of our population ran as the teabagging freedumbers and many of them won because some on the left decided to sit out the elections because

never mind because, i dont want to start a fight :rw)

When these ignorant, racist assholes got to DC there was story after story from locals in DC about how dumb and unsophisticated they were, how they knew nothing about anything. Kinda like Donnie.