RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

They can belong no problem, if they get elected to office they can serve. But, no republican will ever get hired to a front office union position. In other words the Union position is you Republican pay your dues, sit there in the back of the room and keep your yaps shut.

It wasn't like that back in the 1960's when my dad was a steward for a brief period of time. Back then the Union was not a political arm of the Democratic Party in general and the liberal wing of that party in particular.

How can any business survive if it tells close to 50% of its potential customers to stay away. Which is exactly what organized labor has done over the last 40 years.

Glen knows nothing about unions. He is clueless. If he'd ever been to a union meeting he'd know that union members aren't very good at keeping their yaps shut. Unions are a democratic (small d) organization where everyone has a voice and a vote.

Something glen hates. He doesn't believe workers deserve a voice or rights on a job. He thinks the bosses are gods.

In the past, Republicans believed in unions. Eisenhower, for instance, was a strong proponent of unions. But now the Republican Party is ran by corporate America, and wants to destroy and outlaw the labor movement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

One day they believe in things like the FBI, the next they dont.

Nothing new.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen believes in whatever Trump tells him to. Nowadays it's that Canada is the enemy, and Kim and Putin and Xi are our best friends forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

glen believes in whatever Trump tells him to. Nowadays it's that Canada is the enemy, and Kim and Putin and Xi are our best friends forever.

In other words you got nothing so discredit the writer since you cant dispute what was written.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

One day they believe in things like the FBI, the next they dont.

Nothing new.

I guess you missed all those Comey needs to be fired and locked up posts. That were followed a few weeks later with Comey is a hero posts.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

In other words you got nothing so discredit the writer since you cant dispute what was written.

Nope, my views are based upon principles, so I don't buy the Trump bullshit. I know he doesn't have a clue what he is doing, and he's being played by Kim, Putin and Xi. And you're their biggest fans now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Glen knows nothing about unions. He is clueless. If he'd ever been to a union meeting he'd know that union members aren't very good at keeping their yaps shut. Unions are a democratic (small d) organization where everyone has a voice and a vote.

Something glen hates. He doesn't believe workers deserve a voice or rights on a job. He thinks the bosses are gods.

In the past, Republicans believed in unions. Eisenhower, for instance, was a strong proponent of unions. But now the Republican Party is ran by corporate America, and wants to destroy and outlaw the labor movement.

So because of the position of the GOP it is OK for unions to refuse to hire any registered republican.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I guess you missed all those Comey needs to be fired and locked up posts. That were followed a few weeks later with Comey is a hero posts.

glen, here's one thing you NEVER FUCKING SAW. Such posts coming from me.

So give that one up. You're the one that has did the 180.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

So because of the position of the GOP it is OK for unions to refuse to hire any registered republican.

Sorry, that's a lie. Prove it.

Board Emeritus

glen, here's one thing you NEVER FUCKING SAW. Such posts coming from me.

So give that one up. You're the one that has did the 180.

He is making shit up again.

Board Emeritus

He is making shit up again.

Correct.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Nope, my views are based upon principles, so I don't buy the Trump bullshit. I know he doesn't have a clue what he is doing, and he's being played by Kim, Putin and Xi. And you're their biggest fans now.

and who was Clinton played by when he got his agreement with NK? Who was Obama played by when he sat by and watched NK produce and test so many Nukes?

If this were HRC or a democrat instead of Trump you and every other lefty here would be building monuments to them. If nothing comes out of this summit we are no worse off than we were prior to the summit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah. Like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. Ronald Reagan was a union "boss".

Don’t know any of those guys personally. I was talking about people I’ve actually met.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Don’t know any of those guys personally. I was talking about people I’ve actually met.

They are all union members.

If workers want more money, better benefits, and rights on the job, then they like unions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

While rank and file republicans say nothing, rump follows orders from Putin to destroy America.

To give Un everything and get nothing in return.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

What pious bullshit. That's the law.

Now, BTW, they don't have to join. That's a lie. In states that aren't right-to-work, they have to pay a fee for the services they do receive - union contract, job protections, the right to file a grievance. But they don't have to join.

That's what's fair. If someone doesn't want a union, they always have the right to quit and go to work somewhere without a union.

Unions do continue in right-to-work states, but they are weakened by the laws, and therefore, the contracts aren't as strong as they are in non-right-to-work states.

BTW, the truth is, the right-to-work is against the right to contract. If a union and a company want to negotiate a Union Security Clause, they can't in those states. Almost every company in a non-right-to-work state has a union security clause - and they aren't required to. It's government interference.

It’s not pious at all. I should not have to pay for services I neither want nor have I requested. I as an employee am not signing an agreement which obligates me to pay for a relationship. I am bound by law to pay taxes which are withheld from my check. But everything else should be my choice. Not somebody else.

Your union should not be required by law to provide services to people who have refused to pay for services and do not want such services. Your post demonstrates that you can and do compete for members in right to work states. You just have to sell the benefits to the employees. As in Vegas, they will be buyers if they see the value in your services.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

They are all union members.

If workers want more money, better benefits, and rights on the job, then they like unions.

Sounds like a pretty decent sales pitch to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

It’s not pious at all. I should not have to pay for services I neither want nor have I requested. I as an employee am not signing an agreement which obligates me to pay for a relationship. I am bound by law to pay taxes which are withheld from my check. But everything else should be my choice. Not somebody else.

The company often requires all kinds of things to work for them. Uniforms, for instance. They can require you to use a uniform service. They can require things as terms of working for them. You don't have to work for them.

People WANT those good union jobs, some just don't want to pay for the services that makes those jobs so good and high-paying.
Quote:
Your union should not be required by law to provide services to people who have refused to pay for services and do not want such services. Your post demonstrates that you can and do compete for members in right to work states. You just have to sell the benefits to the employees. As in Vegas, they will be buyers if they see the value in your services.

That is the law, and everyone you vote for wants to make that the law of the nation, where Unions are required by law to represent non-members, and can be sued if they don't. BTW, the ones that usually pay for those suits are the Right-to-Work Foundation. They are funded by corporations to bleed money from unions.

And companies should also not be allowed to interfere in whether workers want a union or not, but they pay millions to keep workers from voting for unions.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

The company often requires all kinds of things to work for them. Uniforms, for instance. They can require you to use a uniform service. They can require things as terms of working for them. You don't have to work for them.

People WANT those good union jobs, some just don't want to pay for the services that makes those jobs so good and high-paying.

That is the law, and everyone you vote for wants to make that the law of the nation, where Unions are required by law to represent non-members, and can be sued if they don't. BTW, the ones that usually pay for those suits are the Right-to-Work Foundation. They are funded by corporations to bleed money from unions.

And companies should also not be allowed to interfere in whether workers want a union or not, but they pay millions to keep workers from voting for unions.

Buying a uniform or steel toed boots can be required by some companies. Most of the ones where I have worked reimburse to employee. That is different from forcing me to pay for representation. I should be able to decide who I want to represent me.

But the point is that you should not need the law to assist you in membership. You have opened this thread with quite a success story.

Finally. A company should not be able to force or coerce or prevent an employee into associating with any group. Similarly, an individual should have no obligation to join a union or pay fees to a union unless they elect to do so. It’s up to you to convince them it is in their own best interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Buying a uniform or steel toed boots can be required by some companies. Most of the ones where I have worked reimburse to employee. That is different from forcing me to pay for representation. I should be able to decide who I want to represent me.

But the point is that you should not need the law to assist you in membership. You have opened this thread with quite a success story.

Finally. A company should not be able to force or coerce or prevent an employee into associating with any group. Similarly, an individual should have no obligation to join a union or pay fees to a union unless they elect to do so. It’s up to you to convince them it is in their own best interest.

They DO elect to do so! It's by a democratic vote! Case closed!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Who said Comey needed to be locked up? I certainly never did. Nor did I say he needed to be fired. Trumpers say that all the time, though.

Maybe someone here did. I dunno. But you have an extremely bad, very dishonest habit of grouping everyone here together.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW: 40% of union members voted Republican in 2008.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... voted-joh/

That may not mean that all of them are registered Republicans by party, but surely a large percentage of them must be.

Can we stop with this "no Republicans allowed in unions" crap? It's obviously not true.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

If this were HRC or a democrat instead of Trump you and every other lefty here would be building monuments to them. If nothing comes out of this summit we are no worse off than we were prior to the summit.

This is an admittance of who you are. Nothing but a cheerleader. Don't group the rest of us in with your mentality.

If this were HRC there would be an actual agreement in place. Not a photo oped staged load of BS between two Putin puppets.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

They DO elect to do so! It's by a democratic vote! Case closed!

If you concur with my post including the last paragraph, them we are in agreement and I guess the case is "closed".

Miller time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW: 40% of union members voted Republican in 2008.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... voted-joh/

That may not mean that all of them are registered Republicans by party, but surely a large percentage of them must be.

Can we stop with this "no Republicans allowed in unions" crap? It's obviously not true.

I agree. I know quite a few conservative union members who are perfectly happy with their membership.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next