All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Trump Praises Kim
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Quote:
BAIER: Kim Jong Un is "clearly executing people."

TRUMP: "He's a tough guy. Hey, when you take over a country, tough country, tough people, and you take it over from your father ... if you could do that at 27-years old, I mean, that's 1 in 10,000 that could do that."
(via FOX).

Sorry but we don't praise dictators that starve and murder their own people. Dictators that strap dissidents to antiaircraft guns or roast them alive for viewing pleasure.

That's not what we do in our democracies. This is clearly yet another very scary warning sign that Trump is completely insane, considers this behavior OK, and where he wants to take things. This IS NOT NORMAL.

And this is Glenfs' hero, the guy Glen says we should be supporting.

Are you fucking kidding? Fuck you. You're no patriot.

None of the local conservatives have said a word about Trump attacking and vilifying America's allies. Not a word. Canada is NOT A NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

Post subject: Re: Trump Praises Kim
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm 
Policy Wonk

its like In Detroit where the local news media praises business people who starve and exploit the population and further racism and segregation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yah - only no it's not. We don't murder political opponents over here and jail our people for speaking out against "the ruler" or for dropping a stick of gum in the street.

Trump wants to do these things. He wants the power to jail or murder those he considers his enemies.

Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

This guy loves thugs. Period.

Erdogan, Duterte, Putin, Xi ... he digs these folks.

In fact, deep down, he wishes he could rule like them, especially crushing the free press and any opposition/dissidents.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

This guy loves thugs. Period.

Erdogan, Duterte, Putin, Xi ... he digs these folks.

In fact, deep down, he wishes he could rule like them, especially crushing the free press and any opposition/dissidents.

He is a severe chickenshit, wont confront anyone face to face other than if it is one woman and they are alone, then he will rape or beat etc.

Anyone else and he is scared to fucking DEATH to confront them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I agree, it's why I say he's a weak cowardly reality TV actor who only plays a "strong"man on TV. He WANTS to be like those people, if only on Teevee.

He's great at firing people on a Reality TV show, but most of the people on Rachel's "wall" of fired administration staffers, Trump was too cowardly to fire in person, so he usually dismissed them with a tweet, a text, or a memo.

He loves to share fake tweets of him beating up CNN and other reporters, but they're taken from the only kind of bogus source where you could even make this look possible - "pro" (fake) wrestling.

Bullies usually are cowards, deep down. He's a weak, pathetic, cowardly loser. Like Ike says, Mr. Tough Deal is only really good at tricking people, then screwing them out of what they're owed when they're not looking. Such a tough guy. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

(via FOX).

Sorry but we don't praise dictators that starve and murder their own people. Dictators that strap dissidents to antiaircraft guns or roast them alive for viewing pleasure.

That's not what we do in our democracies. This is clearly yet another very scary warning sign that Trump is completely insane, considers this behavior OK, and where he wants to take things. This IS NOT NORMAL.

And this is Glenfs' hero, the guy Glen says we should be supporting.

Are you fucking kidding? Fuck you. You're no patriot.

None of the local conservatives have said a word about Trump attacking and vilifying America's allies. Not a word. Canada is NOT A NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT.

No Trump is not my hero and yes we should be supporting a dialog with NK. My position is the same as Mark Pocan D Wisc and Co-Chair of the Progressive Congressional Caucus.

Those who are no patriots are those who are going to oppose 100% of everything and anything Trump says or does. Had a Democratic Party President had a face to face with Kim I am 100% sure every Dem here would be praising the effort, as I would.

Now as for praising Kim, bad choice unless Trump was advised that by praising him you get more which is highly doubtful. What he should be doing [ IMO] is neither praise nor bad mouth Kim, just remain neutral and not comment at all.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

No Trump is not my hero and yes we should be supporting a dialog with NK. My position is the same as Mark Pocan D Wisc and Co-Chair of the Progressive Congressional Caucus.

Those who are no patriots are those who are going to oppose 100% of everything and anything Trump says or does. Had a Democratic Party President had a face to face with Kim I am 100% sure every Dem here would be praising the effort, as I would.

Now as for praising Kim, bad choice unless Trump was advised that by praising him you get more which is highly doubtful. What he should be doing [ IMO] is neither praise nor bad mouth Kim, just remain neutral and not comment at all.

No, because there is no deal. If a Democrat president pulled this shit and did the things Trump does, no, he wouldn't have support. There was no detailed deal hammered out. There was no plan here. There is no timeline - nothing. This meeting was thrown together. This was nothing but a photo op and it was predicted by a number of us last year that this was one of Trump's plays in order to try and gain approval. Strike up fear of nuclear war then all of a sudden step in for peace. The fact is, both Trump and Kim are puppets.

And Trump did more than this the other day. He was all over Kim praising him as a great guy. The same way he praises other dictators like Duturte, Erdogan and Putin. Where the hell have you been?

The fact is, you're getting played. And the fact that Trump supports dictators as he does whilst trashing America's allies should be alarming to you. You haven't said one word about Trump moving to divide the west. Not one word.

And Trump tore up a peace deal with Iran that was actually well planned and hammered out. Don't pretend to support him for this when he did that.

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm 
Policy Wonk

trump bears bad fruit though in a year and a half nothing but cruelty hurt on the poorest, marginalized and most vulnerable, nothing that is not self serving or cruel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

Yah - only no it's not. We don't murder political opponents over here and jail our people for speaking out against "the ruler" or for dropping a stick of gum in the street.

Trump wants to do these things. He wants the power to jail or murder those he considers his enemies.

have all that here and worse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

have all that here and worse

You're saying it's worse here than in NoKo?

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

No, because there is no deal. If a Democrat president pulled this shit and did the things Trump does, no, he wouldn't have support. There was no detailed deal hammered out. There was no plan here. There is no timeline - nothing. This meeting was thrown together. This was nothing but a photo op and it was predicted by a number of us last year that this was one of Trump's plays in order to try and gain approval. Strike up fear of nuclear war then all of a sudden step in for peace. The fact is, both Trump and Kim are puppets.

And Trump did more than this the other day. He was all over Kim praising him as a great guy. The same way he praises other dictators like Duturte, Erdogan and Putin. Where the hell have you been?

The fact is, you're getting played. And the fact that Trump supports dictators as he does whilst trashing America's allies should be alarming to you. You haven't said one word about Trump moving to divide the west. Not one word.

You have selective memory it wasn't all that long ago that many here [ perhaps even you] were yucking it up and praising Hugo Chavez. After he made insulting remarks about W.

As for Trump, it is much better that we now have a dialog with NK and it looks as if they are going to abandon their nuke program. the nukes they built and tested as Obama stood by and watched helplessly. If this different approach works great, if it doesn't we are no worse off.

Did you read the Pocan letter?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic ... 60759.html

I believe the position progressives should have and one I would tend to agree with is one of hope. While stating a belief that a President who knew what they were doing would do a much better job. Case in point the off the cuff comment about removing troops. A qualified president would know to never say those words in public.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 pm 
Policy Wonk

You're saying it's worse here than in NoKo?

it can be depending on who you are or are not

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

groper will praise anyone who claims to like groper.

it does not matter whom that is. it could be Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge executing ALL cambodians for the fuck
of it...groper would like him.

no one who worked for groper and now does not...NONE of them, NO ONE can get a job now.

Last edited by rainwater on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 pm 
Policy Wonk

Makes one wonder what John McCain would be saying about a dialogue with NK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Makes one wonder what John McCain would be saying about a dialogue with NK.

Seeing how McCain made peace with his Vietnamese captors who tortured him he might be in favor of talks.

I find it odd how once McCain became an enemy of Trump he became a hero of the left. Fact is McCain was a lousy pilot who used family influence to get in the cock pit, get into the Naval academy, maybe pass the Academy. Dumped his wife for a rich gal and parlayed his fame into a career whose major accomplishment was making Sarah Palin a star.

It is sad that he is dying, sadder he has to suffer. But, lets be as honest as we were about McCain prior to him butting heads with Trump.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

You have selective memory it wasn't all that long ago that many here [ perhaps even you] were yucking it up and praising Hugo Chavez. After he made insulting remarks about W.

As for Trump, it is much better that we now have a dialog with NK and it looks as if they are going to abandon their nuke program. the nukes they built and tested as Obama stood by and watched helplessly. If this different approach works great, if it doesn't we are no worse off.

Did you read the Pocan letter?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic ... 60759.html

I believe the position progressives should have and one I would tend to agree with is one of hope. While stating a belief that a President who knew what they were doing would do a much better job. Case in point the off the cuff comment about removing troops. A qualified president would know to never say those words in public.

You point out ANYONE here who was yucking it up and praising Hugo Chavez or shut your damn piehole. Typical conservative making shit up as you go along. As for making insulting remarks about W. Too damn bad. Our president, no matter who it is, isn't some saint. If he screws up and acts in ways deserving of criticism or even insults then he deserves them. We are NOT superior to other countries. They, just like we, are governed by fallible human beings.

Now as for Trump, I actually support the idea of direct talks with NK. I also support them with Iran. Is your idiot president going to do that? Highly unlikely. Iran is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. As for abandoning their nuke program, THEY ALREADY HAVE THEM. I would suggest that you read "The Seventh Decade: The New Shape of Nuclear Danger" by Jonathan Schell but I know that you are too lazy to do so. There is no "hope" here. There is Kim playing Trump just as his family has played the west for the past, lord knows how long. And that includes during the reign of your false god. The reasons that countries that are not considered acceptable by the west in general and the U.S. in particular develop nukes is precisely because the west and the U.S. have them. To those countries the west poses a threat. There are also reasons of nationalistic pride at play.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Oh look, the "president" of the United States is saluting a NoKo General

What in the hell is this?

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Winning

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump praised Kim on the WH lawn again this morning, with Fox news.

Trump said of Kim "He speaks and HIS people sit up at attention, I want MY people to do the same."

Alarmed yet?

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:17 am 
Board Emeritus

Huh. I'm posting this here, Drak, because I think it relates directly to what you just said.

Editorial Cartoonist Critical Of Trump Fired From Pittsburgh Newspaper
Rob Rogers had been with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 25 years.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ca ... a52779908d

A veteran editorial cartoonist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette was fired Thursday after he and the newspaper’s management clashed over some sketches critical of President Donald Trump.

Rob Rogers, a Pulitzer Prize finalist who had been with the Post-Gazette for 25 years, announced his own ouster on Twitter. Earlier this month, he’d revealed that he was working through “unresolved” issues with the paper’s leaders over certain cartoons that they’d declined to publish.

“I knew in March” ― when he said the paper first started rejecting his cartoon drafts and ideas without explanation ― “that we were headed for some kind of a compromise or a showdown,” Rogers told HuffPost. “I didn’t know what it was going to be, but it turns out it was a showdown.”

The Thursday meeting in which he was fired, Rogers said, was the last of several he’d had with the human resources department since the paper’s editorial director, Keith Burris, began cracking down on his cartoons.

Since March, the Post-Gazette had axed 19 of his cartoon drafts and proposals without explanation, Rogers said. Over the course of a typical year, he noted, only a couple of his submissions would be rejected.

Rogers’ concerns mounted when he said the paper rejected six of his ideas in a row starting on Memorial Day, including one that depicted Trump laying an R.I.P. wreath before a tomb reading “Truth, Honor, Rule of Law” and another showing the president separating undocumented immigrant children from their parents.

Rogers estimated that about 90 percent of the rejected cartoons were Trump-related. Some others that were spiked involved issues linked to the president, such as drawings commenting on the cancellation of “Roseanne” or NFL protests during the national anthem.

[snip]

A broader push for less negative Trump coverage in the paper has been linked to John Block, its conservative publisher, and to Burris, the editorial director.

Around the time that Trump announced his candidacy for president, Rogers said, Block began leaning on the paper’s editorial section to publish more Trump-friendly pieces.

[snip][end]

It's an at-will employment country. I get it. He can be fired for any reason.

I'm just pointing out that the reason clearly given and stated by the paper's management was that his cartoons were 'too anti-Trump'.

BTW, I'm pretty sure his toons have been posted here at RFL, maybe even by me. :D

Yes, he can continue to be syndicated elsewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am 
Board Emeritus

Yah. I suppose an employer can fire for reasons they deem justifiable. But that's still scary. I think there was a thread in here some place talking about the media shift under new administrations. The WH Correspondence Association is a good example, when they drafted a letter apologizing for Michelle Wolfe offending people - even though the standard practice of that venue is a roast. One person in these parts even feigned outrage and is still doing so in a current thread.

What's also alarming is how the media in general handles Trump. They refuse to call Trump out on his lies. They refuse to call him a liar. They constantly sugar coat it. "What Trump said isn't true; what Trump said is not accurate; Trump just said something that is false." etc. They need to call him a liar. He lies, all the time.

Then of course there's Trump's constant vilification of the media as fake, dishonest, the statements he's made about jailing journalists and scaring them with threats of rape.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am 
Board Emeritus

You can fire a cartoonist because you think he's too critical of the president, sure.

That you should do it ... well, if I were a reader of that newspaper, I'd let its management know that behavior is ridiculous.

Cartooning is almost always about mocking and lampooning who's in power.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:56 am 
Board Emeritus

Agreed. Who's the audience of that paper? No matter who owns a paper or news outlet, it should be somewhat balanced.

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:11 am 
Board Emeritus

glen, you continue to defend and you continue to support 45.

45 gave Kim everything Kim wanted and in return Kim gave 45 nothing.

45 saluted a Northe Korean General, he salued a COMMUNIST GLEN!!!, you love calling this poster and other members of this forum COMMUNIST and yet when 45 salutes a Commust you say nothing.

I do not defend a Man who salutes Communists glen, you do.

What you be saying right now if HRC or Barack Obama had saluted A COMMUNIST GENERAL?

The Military Exercises that 45 thinks he can cancel have been going for over 50-Years. But Vlad and Kim want them to end, so 45 ends them. Oh god would you and the Cons be doing right IF HRC or Barack Obama had done that?

You defend and You support a Man gives Communists what they want glen.

45 is a Traitor and you support a Traitor.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.