RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am 
Board Emeritus

Steve Schmidt leaves ‘the party of Trump’: ‘The GOP has become a danger to our democracy’
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/steve- ... democracy/

Republican strategist Steve Schmidt — who convinced John McCain to appoint Sarah Palin as his running mate — renounced his membership in the Republican Party over the continuing abuses of President Donald Trump.

The GOP strategist and MSNBC analyst announced in an overnight tweetstorm that he was leaving “the party of Trump” after nearly 30 years as a registered voter.

He called the party “corrupt, indecent and immoral,” and he said with few exceptions Republican elected officials were “feckless cowards who disgrace and dishonor the legacies of the party’s greatest leaders.”

“This child separation policy is connected to the worst abuses of Humanity in our history,” Schmidt said. “It is connected by the same evil that separated families during slavery and dislocated tribes and broke up Native American families. It is immoral and must be repudiated. Our country is in trouble. Our politics are badly broken.

“The first step to a season of renewal in our land is the absolute and utter repudiation of Trump and his vile enablers in the 2018 election by electing Democratic majorities,” he added. “I do not say this as an advocate of a progressive agenda. I say it as someone who retains belief in DEMOCRACY and decency.”

Schmidt condemned the family separation policy and “internment camps for babies” established by the Trump administration and shamed the officials who allowed that to happen.

[snip][end]

You may recognize Schmidt as an occasional #nevertrumper on MSNBC. Yes, he did convince McCain to take Sarah Palin as VP -- something he says he's deeply regretted ever since. If you see the movie "Game Change," there is a key moment where Schmidt - perhaps too late - realized how much of an unprepared idiot she was.

Anyway, Steve, you can come to the dark side: we have cookies. I'll make you a tray. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Welcome to K-GOP, 2018. :roll:

Poll: Kim Jong Un has higher approval among Republicans than Pelosi
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39275 ... han-pelosi

More Republicans view North Korean leader Kim Jong Un favorably than do House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), according to a poll released Monday.

The Ipsos survey conducted for the Daily Beast found that among Republicans, 19 percent indicated they hold a favorable opinion of Kim, while 17 percent said they have a favorable opinion of Pelosi.

Sixty-eight percent of Republicans said they held an unfavorable opinion of Kim, while 72 percent said they had an unfavorable view of Pelosi.

“On a daily basis, President Trump praises this dictator and thug so it only makes sense that his party is following his lead like lemmings over a cliff," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill wrote in an email to The Hill responding to the poll findings.

[snip]

Meanwhile, Pelosi in recent weeks has been battling the administration over its immigration policy.

The House minority leader last week criticized the Trump administration for its crackdown on immigrants trying to illegally cross the southern border, which has led to the separation of immigrant children from their families.

[snip][end]

OK, I'll concede she only slightly loses to him in popularity by 17% to 19% ... but even still. The woman has her flaws, I know there are non/anti-fans here, but ... sheesh. Is she starving the people of Washington DC, or executing her family members? For gosh sakes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:33 am 
Policy Wonk

Steve Schmidt, Campaign Manager for the 2008 John McCain Presidential Campaign has renounced the Republican Party.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/steve- ... democracy/.

"29 Years and nine months ago I registered to vote and became a member of the Republican Party which was founded in 1854 to oppose Slavery and stand for the dignity of human life. Today I renounce my membership in the Republican Party. It is fully the party of Trump."

11:41P.M. June 19, 2018.

John McCain is dying of Cancer and 45 continues to attack McCain and one said he did not consider McCain a hero because McCain spent over 5-Years as a P.O.W. in North Vietnam.

45 is Draft Dodger.

The Republican Party is dead.

It is the Cult of Trump.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:34 am 
Policy Wonk

Putting Children in Concentration Camps.

Saluting a Communist General.

Praising Totalitarian Dictators.

Direct and Willful interference AND colluison with a known hostile foreign state.

A Campaign Manager who worked with and assoicated with a Lieutenant Colonel in the Russian G.R.U.

A Campaign Manger who worked as an Unregistered Agent for a known hostile foreign government.

An Attorney who worked as an Unregistered Agent for a known hostile foreign state.

A National Security Adviser who worked as an Unregistered Agent for a known hostile state.

Republicans sit on their hands and do nothing.

Please Republicans....Please Conservatives tell me what YOU would be doing right this very now IF HRC, as President had done any of this, WHAT THE FUCK WOULD YOU BE DOING? WHAT WOULD YOU BE DEMANDING? WHY DO YOU DO NOTHING?

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Welcome to K-GOP, 2018. :roll:

Poll: Kim Jong Un has higher approval among Republicans than Pelosi
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39275 ... han-pelosi

More Republicans view North Korean leader Kim Jong Un favorably than do House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), according to a poll released Monday.

The Ipsos survey conducted for the Daily Beast found that among Republicans, 19 percent indicated they hold a favorable opinion of Kim, while 17 percent said they have a favorable opinion of Pelosi.

Sixty-eight percent of Republicans said they held an unfavorable opinion of Kim, while 72 percent said they had an unfavorable view of Pelosi.

“On a daily basis, President Trump praises this dictator and thug so it only makes sense that his party is following his lead like lemmings over a cliff," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill wrote in an email to The Hill responding to the poll findings.

[snip]

Meanwhile, Pelosi in recent weeks has been battling the administration over its immigration policy.

The House minority leader last week criticized the Trump administration for its crackdown on immigrants trying to illegally cross the southern border, which has led to the separation of immigrant children from their families.

[snip][end]

OK, I'll concede she only slightly loses to him in popularity by 17% to 19% ... but even still. The woman has her flaws, I know there are non/anti-fans here, but ... sheesh. Is she starving the people of Washington DC, or executing her family members? For gosh sakes.

Told you, who said a LONG LONG time ago

GOP prefers KGB to USA

ME, that's who and I can assure you the poll is even HIGHER if you put in Putin or Russia over NK...so will my other predictions come true? I also said if he could rump would line up brown babies and shoot them and his fans would not care.

Not the time for purity in politics, is it folks

I sent that poll to our local guru here who told me I should vote for the democrat running against Diane Feinstein as a protest vote, to which I about became unglued. I sent him this poll and asked him if he can NOW see why ANY negativity towards our MAINSTREAM democrats like Nancy or Diane is WRONG and stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Another long-time conservative voice seems to be echoing Schmidt:

Conservative Columnist George Will: Vote Against GOP In Midterms
In a column for The Washington Post, the political commentator lamented “Republican misrule” and called out House Speaker Paul Ryan.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ge ... 95f15c8a75

Longtime conservative columnist George Will is making a case against voting for Republicans in November’s 2018 midterm elections, arguing that House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and other GOP members of Congress “have become the president’s poodles.”

In a column published Friday in The Washington Post, Will lamented “Republican misrule,” and criticized lawmakers for “hav[ing] no higher ambition than to placate the president.”

“The Republican-controlled Congress, which waited for Trump to undo by unilateral decree the border folly they could have prevented by actually legislating, is an advertisement for the unimportance of Republican control,” Will wrote.

[snip]

Will also took on Trump aide Stephen Miller, one of the president’s top advisers on immigration, as well as the president’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

“Just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts,” he wrote.

[snip]

“In today’s GOP, which is the president’s plaything, he is the mainstream,” he wrote. “So, to vote against his party’s cowering congressional caucuses is to affirm the nation’s honor while quarantining him.”

[snip][end]

How's that saying go ... coalition doesn't imply agreement?

Will has written a lot of stuff that rankles me. Particularly all that crap about baseball. (I kid, I kid.) And like Fucker Carlson he wears a bowtie! :D

Conservatives of America, hear his voice ... ideology shouldn't make you blind.

For the good of the country, break the hear-no-evil, see-no-evil Republican majority in Congress this November. A true conservative understands what we need to conserve.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Coalition doesn't imply agreement. Points of unity are enough.

You learn things in big city left wing organizing wars.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Question...what was Steve Schmidt up to for the last 15 years while the Teapublican Party was being radicalized by tea baggers and freedom caucus assholes? Anybody hear a peep outtake him while his party was being driven to the point where asshole Republican voters would support Donald Trump at a rate of 80%?

How is Steve Schidt a hero all of a sudden. This is on him as much as any other asshole Republican.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Schmidt has spoken out earlier and more than most but yes Ike it took nomination of Rump or Hitler part deux to get his attention.

I will welcome him now though because the stakes are life and death, you should see the yelp reviews of the fascist killers attacking the Red Hen in Virginia where the patriot refused service to Goebbels.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:56 pm 
Political Junkie

Question...what was Steve Schmidt up to for the last 15 years while the Teapublican Party was being radicalized by tea baggers and freedom caucus assholes? Anybody hear a peep outtake him while his party was being driven to the point where asshole Republican voters would support Donald Trump at a rate of 80%?

How is Steve Schidt a hero all of a sudden. This is on him as much as any other asshole Republican.

Question?

Answer: He's one of the pieces of shit that started this whole fucking thing. He and the rest of them that are now worried about history can kiss my lily white ass. That goes for the rest of the teabagging fucktards that are now retiring and giving complete control to the freedom caucus. Fucking cowards. All for Reaganomics. Stand and fight you piss poor excuses for human beings.

Fucking hero? NO. His tiny gesture should be written in the history books as to little to late. Piece of shit.

(yes i've had a few. So, i'll quit now.)

[edit]
Posting, not drinking. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm 
Policy Wonk

poverty also a danger to our democracy and gives undue influence to the gop.