RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

the only way to reunite is to bring them all together so they can See one another.
then, they can round'em all up and cage them somewhere.
if they use a "stadium" they can leave them there like they did in Katrina/NOLA. :shock: :?

this groper cabal is the epitome of incompetence.
yo, christains...where did all the children go?

Quote:
Michael Avenatti
‏Verified account @MichaelAvenatti
14h14 hours ago

All children and mothers should be immediately brought to a single staging area (stadium, convention ctr, military base, etc.) and reunited. This can be solved now if the US Govt has the will. Otherwise, the window will close. Time is of the essence and the risk is too great.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Red Cross not allowed

https://twitter.com/RedCross/status/100 ... 0210774663

Quote:
We share everyone's concern about the border situation and stand ready to help. We have offered assistance to federal gov't authorities, but without permission, we can't access facilities. Here’s a list of trusted organizations providing assistance: https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/18 ... ant-child/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm 

Well Lucy it's pretty darned bad. :(

The Cambodian campaign in 1970 was worse. :|

i'm sure there is a lot of worse war or even cold war stuff but i differentiate between war and a nation of laws. i suppose your police being able to get away with shooting and/or killing black people is comparable to what trump is doing to these children. both are equally bad but damn, it just saddens me.

you really need to take the house and senate because as far as i can tell, you really are troubling the rest of the world with this and so much more of what trump is doing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

i'm sure there is a lot of worse war or even cold war stuff but i differentiate between war and a nation of laws. i suppose your police being able to get away with shooting and/or killing black people is comparable to what trump is doing to these children. both are equally bad but damn, it just saddens me.

you really need to take the house and senate because as far as i can tell, you really are troubling the rest of the world with this and so much more of what trump is doing.

Each is what it is. I'm actually more concerned about the police killing people. The kid thing is very important especially for infants and toddlers. Kids that age have to be held and made to feel secure or it adversely affects their brains for the rest of their life.

We're working for taking the House and Senate. Then getting rid of Trump. :|

I have some optimism. Even if we don't quite get the Senate I think there are enough Republican Senators who if the House impeaches Trump, would vote to rid us of him. We do have to get the House.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

best of both worlds horrible policy on their behalf and cover from it at the same time.

CEOs are calling the separation of children and families at the border ‘inhumane’ and ‘tragic’

Quote:
Democratic and Republican lawmakers have spoken out about the Trump administration's hard-line “zero-tolerance” immigration policy, which has resulted in a sharp rise in the number of children separated from their parents at the southern U.S. border. The president of the American Academy of Pediatrics has said it “amounts to child abuse.” Church leaders have called it “immoral,” with one reportedly suggesting “canonical penalties” for those involved. Former first ladies from both parties have called for it to end.

And now, corporate America's leaders are adding their voices to the growing chorus of critics denouncing the policy or calling for Congress to act. Speaking in Dublin on Tuesday morning, Apple chief executive Tim Cook told the Irish Times that “it's heartbreaking to see the images and hear the sounds of the kids. Kids are the most vulnerable people in any society. I think that what's happening is inhumane, it needs to stop,” he said. Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg encouraged donations to the Texas Civil Rights Project, saying, “We need to stop this policy right now,” and made a donation to another fundraiser..............

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:04 am 
Board Emeritus

U.S. Agents Blocked This Family from Seeking Asylum. Then Mexico Detained Them.

On a hot June day, Wendy Leiba approached the international bridge that connects Hidalgo, Texas, to Reynosa, Tamaulipas, with three of her four children in tow. Behind them lay the 1,500 miles between the Rio Grande Valley and the coastal Honduran town where gangsters had killed four of her husband’s cousins and threatened her and her kids. Her husband and youngest child, a 3-year-old girl, waited in a nearby nonprofit shelter in Reynosa as she gambled on the mercy of the United States. But the bridge was as far as she would get.

At the footbridge’s halfway point, which is marked with a yellow line dividing the two countries, she says a handful of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents stopped her. They wouldn’t let her apply for asylum at the port of entry, because they claimed there wasn’t room to process her — an increasingly common refrain as the Trump administration has made it harder to enter the United States legally while also cracking down on illegal crossings. So, for four hours, she and her kids sat on the bridge, waiting in the Tamaulipan heat.

https://www.texasobserver.org/mexican-a ... immigrant/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 am 
Board Emeritus

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I'll piss on 'em
that's what the Statue of Bigotry says
Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
and get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard
- Lou Reed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:40 am 
Policy Wonk

Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) has called the forced separation of children from their parents "A Crime Against Humanity".

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/06/23 ... anity.html.

Senator Harris made her remarks after seeing visiting a "Detention Center ", aka Concentration Camp used to warehouse children seperated from operated Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.).

This is outrageous,” Harris said, addressing a crowd of several hundred protesters outside the detention center. “This is clearly a crime against humanity that is being committed by the United States government and we have to stop it.”

During her visit Harris described the Otay Mesa detention facility as a “prison” similar to others she has seen before. “I am a career prosecutor; I have visited many prisons and jails. That is a prison,” she said. Before being elected Senator from California, Ms. Harris served for 8-Years as District Attorney for the City and County of San Francisco and later was elected Attorney General for the State of California.

In fact the Otay Mesa facility is operated by a private prison company called CoreCivic Inc., which is known to donate money to Republican politicians.

So, not only is this "Policy" enacted by 45 a Crime Against Humanity, RePuBliKlans are using to the "Policy" of 45 to payoff donors.

Corruption at the highest levels.

Let's hear for RePuBliKlan Values.

The Torture of Children held in Concentration Camps operated by Donors.

Every Republican is a Traitor and a Racist.....but don't worry they are also so-called "Christians"....and that makes all the difference....at least to them.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Torture of Children held in Concentration Camps operated by Donors.

Every Republican is a Traitor and a Racist.....but don't worry they are also so-called "Christians"....and that makes all the difference....at least to them.

These are the same "family values" people who beat up and kick out their own children if gay or pregnant or otherwise nonconformist.

Conservative misanthropy starts at home. Punching down, making as many people as miserable as possible at a time, and the pursuit of munny and things are the only things conservatives understand.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

Mostly the concentration camps are showing the evolution of Republican private prisons. It's further proof that the GOP wants all dissenters in "re-education camps." There's nothing left of the Republican Party except the fascist version of the Khmer Rouge.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

Mostly the concentration camps are showing the evolution of Republican private prisons. It's further proof that the GOP wants all dissenters in "re-education camps." There's nothing left of the Republican Party except the fascist version of the Khmer Rouge.

You've probably seen this by now. 75K and 20K aren't for "immigrants"...IDK who they think they are kidding with that. Either that or they're just floating these absurd numbers.

Exclusive: Navy Document Shows Plan to Erect 'Austere' Detention Camps - Time

Quote:
The Navy memo outlines plans to build “temporary and austere” tent cities to house 25,000 migrants at abandoned airfields just outside the Florida panhandle near Mobile, Alabama, at Navy Outlying Field Wolf in Orange Beach, Alabama, and nearby Navy Outlying Field Silverhill.

The memo also proposes a camp for as many as 47,000 people at former Naval Weapons Station Concord, near San Francisco; and another facility that could house as many as 47,000 people at Camp Pendleton, the Marines’ largest training facility located along the Southern California coast. The planning memo proposes further study of housing an undetermined number of migrants at the Marine Corps Air Station near Yuma, Arizona.

The planning document estimates that the Navy would spend about $233 million to construct and operate a facility for 25,000 people for a six-month time period. The proposal suggests these tent cities be built to last between six months and one year.

Capt. Greg Hicks, Navy’s chief spokesman, declined to provide details on the matter. “It would be inappropriate to discuss internal deliberative planning documents,” he told TIME.

More in link

Meanwhile, Puerto Rico is still in ruins and Flint is in year 4 of contaminated water. :problem:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Whether PR or Flint or the border, the republican party is officially trying to remove or kill all non white rightwingers.

For now they are not doing a lot of killing, but that is coming.

We and the media keep thinking well they will do this but they wont do THAT

yes, they will

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:36 pm 
Policy Wonk

Activists, celebrities launch hunger strike to end Trump's 'zero tolerance' policy

Quote:
Celebrities and everyday Americans turned immigration activists have launched a 24-day hunger strike aimed at pressuring the Trump administration to end its "zero tolerance" immigration policy.

Organized in part by the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights organization, the protest began at noon Saturday in front of a symbolic loaf of bread a few blocks from the federal courthouse in McAllen, the busiest station for detaining migrants trying to enter the United States from Mexico.

The McAllen station has been at the epicenter of protest — and drawn worldwide condemnation — due to it being the largest detention center for migrant children separated from their parents.

“What’s going on today is just wrong,” said Benito Lopez, a hunger strike participant and member of the Brown Berets, a group founded in the 1960s to help protect the rights of migrant farm workers.

The hunger strike will last 24 days to mark the estimated 2,400 children forcibly separated from their parents while crossing the border. Participants will each fast for 24 hours before passing off to someone else. Organizers asked that anyone participating donate money or food to border organizations like La Union del Pueblo Entero. .........

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:48 am 
Board Emeritus

Two points on this report from VOX...

1. Of course Republicans are bigots, xenophobes, and fascists who support gestapo tactics.
2. This is how Quinnipac writes a question on a poll? Biased enough???

Quote:
A new Quinnipiac University poll, released Monday, asked voters, “As you may know, some families seeking asylum from their home country cross the U.S. border illegally and then request asylum. In an attempt to discourage this, the Trump administration has been prosecuting the parents immediately, which means separating parents from their children. Do you support or oppose this policy?” As my colleague Dara Lind notes, this characterizes most of the reason for family separation, though some families seeking asylum legally at ports of entry have also been separated.

Sixty-six percent of voters — including 91 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents — told Quinnipiac they opposed the policy. Whites with college degrees were likelier than non-college whites to oppose the policy, and young people of all races were likelier to oppose it than old people. Women were likelier to oppose the policy than men, and black and Hispanic Americans were more likely to oppose it than whites (though a large majority of whites still oppose the policy).

But by a large, 20-point (55 percent to 35 percent) margin, Republicans supported the policy.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/18/17475740/family-separation-poll-polling-border-trump-children-immigrant-families-parents

I'm reading that in other polls general Republican voter support for Donald Trump has now risen to 90%. Good little nazis...all. Fucking terrifying that the rest of us have to share good air with this. And the likes of Joe Memphis would attack anybody who even begins to question whether this country is a decent place with decent people anymore. Turns out history identifies the smart Germans (and not just the German Jews) as the ones who got out while they still could. Hitler was not able to come to power because of the Gestapo and the Schutzstaffel. He was able to come to power because of this...

Good little Republicans = good little nazis. This is how it starts. See below...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:58 am 
Board Emeritus

The journalists who are trying to get the info out are all saying the same thing, rump and his govt lie to them about everything.

We dont have till November...we have to do something now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

Two points on this report from VOX...

1. Of course Republicans are bigots, xenophobes, and fascists who support gestapo tactics.
2. This is how Quinnipac writes a question on a poll? Biased enough???

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/18/17475740/family-separation-poll-polling-border-trump-children-immigrant-families-parents

I'm reading that in other polls general Republican voter support for Donald Trump has now risen to 90%. Good little nazis...all. Fucking terrifying that the rest of us have to share good air with this. And the likes of Joe Memphis would attack anybody who even begins to question whether this country is a decent place with decent people anymore. Turns out history identifies the smart Germans (and not just the German Jews) as the ones who got out while they still could. Hitler was not able to come to power because of the Gestapo and the Schutzstaffel. He was able to come to power because of this...

Good little Republicans = good little nazis. This is how it starts. See below...

Yeah but it's not a matter of intelligence. A lot of us, I would say most people directly in the line of fire of these regimes, are exactly the folks who do not have the means to relocate to the next city over, let alone emigrate to another country.

And then for others of us there is always the question of where to go that's going to be any safer...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

It was easy for me to predict all of this as I did several years ago and last year and the year before that etc, given my front row seat to how cons treat even FAMILY and how racist and disgusting they are and have been.

Even I am a bit surprised that 90% of an american political party support Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:48 pm 
Policy Wonk

this is really dishonest article, and is an example of fake news and probably more of what makes up the divide between Americans than political ideology.

Bethany Christian Services: What to know about the Michigan nonprofit

Quote:
Bethany Christian Services is caring for immigrant children arriving in Michigan after having been separated from their parents at the border. At least 81 migrant children are being assisted by the organization's foster care program since the announcement of the Trump administration's zero tolerance policy.

What is Bethany Christian Services?

Established in 1944, Michigan, Bethany Christian Services is a global nonprofit organization with an aim of strengthening families for the well-being of children.
Services provided by the organization include foster care, pregnancy counseling and adoption.
Located in 36 states across the nation and other places outside of the country, there are currently 17 locations in Michigan. The organization is based in Grand Rapids.

How are they helping migrant children in Michigan?

Bethany Christian Services is currently assisting displaced children in Michigan by placing them in its foster care programs throughout the state...............

not that these vanilla details are inaccurate but fails to inform of the ties the organization has to current trump administration personnel and the civil rights issues with gay and lesbian couples.

https://journalstar.com/legislature/lincoln-senator-calls-for-investigation-into-faith-based-adoption-agencies/article_790d51b6-6194-5a3b-afbe-fcdf397bc781.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-1WREhn4k

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

this is really dishonest article, and is an example of fake news and probably more of what makes up the divide between Americans than political ideology.

Bethany Christian Services: What to know about the Michigan nonprofit

not that these vanilla details are inaccurate but fails to inform of the ties the organization has to current trump administration personnel and the civil rights issues with gay and lesbian couples.

https://journalstar.com/legislature/lincoln-senator-calls-for-investigation-into-faith-based-adoption-agencies/article_790d51b6-6194-5a3b-afbe-fcdf397bc781.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-1WREhn4k

This puff piece was evidently written by the DeVos PR department.

Bethany Christian Services is notorious in adoptee rights circles for their anti-gay parenting and anti-gay child stances. They're also one of the biggest adoption brokers in the country, next to International Christian Adoptions, which is also a provider to ICE.

BCS is funded by 3 DeVos family coffers I mean foundations, including Betsy's own. There is nothing good about these entrenched grifters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

The moving the children around all over the country in multiple locations was done intentionally by Sessions and Rump to make it harder to reunite with parents, as a deterrent.

And we are discussing whether or not it is OK to publicly, peacefully SHAME the Nazi's?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

A person has to be vulnerable to being shamed in order for them to be shamed. Basically one can only shame people who try to fit in with their community.

What I'm trying to say is a Nazi cannot be shamed by an outsider. A Nazi could shame a Nazi for not being a good enough Nazi, but that is about the practical limit.

Libertas if you try to shame a Nazi, the Nazi will more than likely be pleased that you're outraged, he got your goat. He's got you right where he wants you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

A person has to be vulnerable to being shamed in order for them to be shamed. Basically one can only shame people who try to fit in with their community.

What I'm trying to say is a Nazi cannot be shamed by an outsider. A Nazi could shame a Nazi for not being a good enough Nazi, but that is about the practical limit.

Libertas if you try to shame a Nazi, the Nazi will more than likely be pleased that you're outraged, he got your goat. He's got you right where he wants you.

Baloney.

The entire planet not only shamed Nazis during WWII but did something about it.

Here at home in the 1960s for example, Nazis, neo-Nazis, and Confederate whites were very actively shamed by putting the effects of their laws and policies right up on the 6:00 news. And that's not all that was done, either. But yeah, the whole world was watching. They're watching once again, too, except this time it's on the news and on Youtube etc., on top of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

Y'know Sam...why, for once in your life, just make an attempt to speak only for yourself, will ya?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

U.S. states sue Trump administration over migrant family separations

Seventeen states, including New York and California, sued the Trump administration Tuesday to force it to reunite the thousands of immigrant children and parents it separated at the border, as pressure mounted to reconnect families more quickly.

“The administration’s practice of separating families is cruel, plain and simple,” New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said in a statement. “Every day, it seems like the administration is issuing new, contradictory policies and relying on new, contradictory justifications. But we can’t forget: The lives of real people hang in the balance.”

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/world/ ... eparation/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next