RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

The path the Republicans are traveling? You be the judge.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have known for several years, hell I was attacked by my good friends and others on Randi Rhodes board when I said republicans are all unacceptable and enemies of the human race, 4 years ago.

Many liberals attacked me over that, they are now catching up to me I guess.

ps the fis is not to lock up both parents and children indefinitely

I say we go to the streets, 75 million of us and do a general strike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, we're definitely still using the rhetoric.

Trump referred to Mexicans in the U.S. as an "infestation" ... more dehumanization (like Hitler calling Jews "vermin" and "lice" or Tutsi in Rwanda being called "cockroaches".)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, we're definitely still using the rhetoric.

Trump referred to Mexicans in the U.S. as an "infestation" ... more dehumanization (like Hitler calling Jews "vermin" and "lice" or Tutsi in Rwanda being called "cockroaches".)

So wish I was wrong several years ago on RRMB when I branded anyone still a republican as vile and not deserving to be here, I was right of course. But now that we all know how bad they are, what do we do?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:22 pm 
Policy Wonk

Why we need the Michigan Poor People’s Campaign

Quote:
.........."It will take all of our movements coming together if we want to make real change," said Estrada. "It's not just contracts we bargain, but it's about the world we create."........

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:16 am 
Board Emeritus

I have known for several years, hell I was attacked by my good friends and others on Randi Rhodes board when I said republicans are all unacceptable and enemies of the human race, 4 years ago.

Many liberals attacked me over that, they are now catching up to me I guess.

ps the fis is not to lock up both parents and children indefinitely

I say we go to the streets, 75 million of us and do a general strike

No, I'm not catching up with you on this. You were not right then and you are still not right now. Not all Republicans are unacceptable and enemies of the human race. They're people too. :|

I'm resisting the movement toward stage three and stage four on that chart in GoUnion's opening post. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 am 
Board Emeritus

No, I'm not catching up with you on this. You were not right then and you are still not right now. Not all Republicans are unacceptable and enemies of the human race. They're people too. :|

Yeah, I know, but... They are willing to be silent as Trump rips babies from their parents. When they do that, they are not good people, that's for sure.
Quote:
I'm resisting the movement toward stage three and stage four on that chart in GoUnion's opening post. :)

With respect, I think we're in stage five and six. Lord knows that the radical right is armed, thanks to the NRA. And Trump's Twitter feed and Fox News and the rest of the right-wing blogosphere has half the country thinking anything negative is "fake news".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:56 am 
Board Emeritus

Then you are lagging behind. We are at stage seven.

Capitulators to conservatism are what lands us here.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:58 am 
Board Emeritus

By the way, speaking of conservatives and their mass murder

Application for Unite the Right anniversary rally approved in D.C. - USA Today

Quote:
Jason Kessler, who helped organize Unite the Right, is planning this year’s “white civil rights” rally outside of the White House at Lafayette Square. The park service signed off on the application for the event on Aug. 11-12.

“This year we have a new purpose,” Kessler said. “That’s to talk about the civil rights abuse that happened in Charlottesville, Virginia, last year.”

The Aug. 12 rally devolved into violence and turned deadly when police said James Alex Fields rammed his car into a crowd of counter-protesters, killing Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others. Fields, charged with first-degree murder, faces up to life in prison.

Kessler blamed the city and counter-protestors for the violence in Charlottesville.

Ohhh but if only liberals would just stop and to try and understand the MAGA hats!..

:problem:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:38 am 
Board Emeritus

When it comes to the politicians, I hate their policies.

When it comes to the deplorable voters, I deplore their ideas. I do want them to know I deplore what they voted for.

But, as people, I don't hate them, no. If they were conned by a con man, I pity them.

However, as Karl Popper sometimes noted, you should not tolerate the intolerable. The other side will not reciprocate.

I guess it was fine for the ACLU to let the Neo-Nazis march in Skokie; they just should know if they ever got power, I think the first thing they would shut down is the ACLU.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:47 am 
Board Emeritus

WTF is wrong with you? We are already at Stage 8. And the fact that we are at Stage 8 makes everything Libby has said about Republicans and Republican voters 100% right.

Quote:
8. PERSECUTION: Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity. Death lists are drawn up. In state sponsored genocide, members of victim groups may be forced to wear identifying symbols. Their property is often expropriated. Sometimes they are even segregated into ghettoes, deported into concentration camps, or confined to a famine-struck region and starved. They are deliberately deprived of resources such as water or food in order to slowly destroy them. Programs are implemented to prevent procreation through forced sterilization or abortions. Children are forcibly taken from their parents. The victim group’s basic human rights become systematically abused through extrajudicial killings, torture and forced displacement. Genocidal massacres begin. They are acts of genocide because they intentionally destroy part of a group. The perpetrators watch for whether such massacres meet any international reaction. If not, they realize that that the international community will again be bystanders and permit another genocide.

At this stage, a Genocide Emergency must be declared. If the political will of the great powers, regional alliances, or U.N. Security Council or the U.N. General Assembly can be mobilized, armed international intervention should be prepared, or heavy assistance provided to the victim group to prepare for its self-defense. Humanitarian assistance should be organized by the U.N. and private relief groups for the inevitable tide of refugees to come.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I know, but... They are willing to be silent as Trump rips babies from their parents. When they do that, they are not good people, that's for sure.

With respect, I think we're in stage five and six. Lord knows that the radical right is armed, thanks to the NRA. And Trump's Twitter feed and Fox News and the rest of the right-wing blogosphere has half the country thinking anything negative is "fake news".

You misunderstood my statement, I'm not talking about "them," I'm talking about "us." Who "us" is going to be if I remain a part of "us."

As Carmen says in the following post they're at stage seven. Some of them. "We're," taken as my view of average of current board members, are ramping up to being at stage three or four on that chart as things stand now, done as a reaction to them.

At least we would be at stage three or four if we were to adopt what Libertas has suggested. Hate breeds hate. If one responds to hate with hate they are controlling you.

I'm all for resistance, all for defending who I am and the values I hold dear, but in order to be who I want to be I have to draw the line between where Libertas is, and where I stand.

Our resistance to Trump fails if we become people who hate. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am 
Board Emeritus

You misunderstood my statement, I'm not talking about "them," I'm talking about "us." Who "us" is going to be if I remain a part of "us."

As Carmen says in the following post they're at stage seven. Some of them. "We're," taken as my view of average of current board members, are ramping up to being at stage three or four on that chart as things stand now, done as a reaction to them.

At least we would be at stage three or four if we were to adopt what Libertas has suggested. Hate breeds hate. If one responds to hate with hate they are controlling you.

I'm all for resistance, all for defending who I am and the values I hold dear, but in order to be who I want to be I have to draw the line between where Libertas is, and where I stand.

As Rep. John Lewis said, there are five year olds waking up crying in cages. A little girl with Down syndrome and her brother were forcibly removed by our gsovernment from their mother and now she gets to be disabled, brown,female and orphaned in a racist, misogynist society with a nasty history of eugenics laws. There is no plan to reunite these families that are numbering in the double-digit thousands, now, but they're definitely being pawned off into white Evangelical homes by Christian fascists at Bethany Christian Services. But you're monitoring liberal hate levels?

It makes me think you're not seeing where actual, literal hate meets public policy. We have been at this juncture before in US history, several times, already. But let's measure liberal hate levels?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:44 am 
Board Emeritus

As Rep. John Lewis said, there are five year olds waking up crying in cages. A little girl with Down syndrome and her brother were forcibly removed by our gsovernment from their mother and now she gets to be disabled, brown,female and orphaned in a racist, misogynist society with a nasty history of eugenics laws. There is no plan to reunite these families that are numbering in the double-digit thousands, now, but they're definitely being pawned off into white Evangelical homes by Christian fascists at Bethany Christian Services. But you're monitoring liberal hate levels?

It makes me think you're not seeing where actual, literal hate meets public policy. We have been at this juncture before in US history, several times, already. But let's measure liberal hate levels?

Sam would minimize colon cancer if it suited his mood to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

What a moronic platitude in this kind of situation. Seems to me hate is the most appropriate feeling to be directed at people who are using gestapo tacticts. I suppose you would suggest that in the 1930's when the brownshirts were forcibly taking Jewish children from their parents, and occaisionally just shooting a random Jew in the street in the head just for shits and giggles...that the Jews were smart to temper their feelings??? Trump is ordering the forcible removal of children from the custody of their parents, and his gestapo henchmen are following their orders.

IT'S FUCKING GESTAPO TACTICS.

One would think you would be sensitive to this sort of shit, Sam. Maybe not. But I'll tell you something right now...I will not walk quietly and obediently to the cattle cars. The nazi tiki-torch wavers may get me in a rush, but at that point I'm dead anyway and I will take at least one of them with me. And my close-combat instructor in the Corps taught me a half-dozen ways to do it with my bare hands.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a moronic platitude in this kind of situation. Seems to me hate is the most appropriate feeling to be directed at people who are using gestapo tacticts. I suppose you would suggest that in the 1930's when the brownshirts were forcibly taking Jewish children from their parents, and occaisionally just shooting a random Jew in the street in the head just for shits and giggles...that the Jews were smart to temper their feelings??? Trump is ordering the forcible removal of children from the custody of their parents, and his gestapo henchmen are following their orders.

IT'S FUCKING GESTAPO TACTICS.

One would think you would be sensitive to this sort of shit, Sam. Maybe not. But I'll tell you something right now...I will not walk quietly and obediently to the cattle cars. The nazi tiki-torch wavers may get me in a rush, but at that point I'm dead anyway and I will take at least one of them with me. And my close-combat instructor in the Corps taught me a half-dozen ways to do it with my bare hands.

Heaven forbid the Khmer Rouge feel bullied or whatever. :problem:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Heaven forbid the Khmer Rouge feel bullied or whatever. :problem:

jesus...if I knew I was hurting Donald's feelings, I just don't think I could bear it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm zero tolerance on brainwashed Republicans. It's not shoot, and hopefully never will be, but it's definitely ostracize.

The ten stages remind me of the diagnostics used by psychologists. Everyone has them a little, but it's the people that have them a lot that matter. We're doing or have done all ten of them, though right now only about four are at a clinical level. We're definitely clinical on 3, 4, 6, and 8.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:58 pm 
Policy Wonk

While there may be Republicans who aren't joining their fascist brethren in the GOP, the ones who aren't are cowards; they sit by and watch the destruction of what's left of any morality in their party.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

The eradication of a political party is not a kind of genocide.

Now, bearing in mind, you can eradicate (end) a political party without killing the people in it.

BTW, I do not personally want to send Republicans to re-education camps or outlaw their political party. :mrgreen:

My only goal, at this point, is removing them from power.

As to whether that will benefit America and the human race -- well I *do* agree with Lib on that.

Last edited by ProfessorX on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm 
Policy Wonk

it does seem counterproductive to abandon our values in favor of outdoing trump supporters in creating bad karma. our values create much good if we let them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Reading comments of the deplorables about rump admitting he lied (never) and signing EO to stop the torture and they hate us, want us dead.

Quote:
Democrats are worse than our foreign enemies.

I have never detested anything like I detest the leftists.

I second that! SO SO thankful Trump is our president. I cannot grasp the depth of liberal insanity , but I do realize it is all about hatred, violence and intimidation.

I third that. I told a friend of mine yesterday, I am ashamed of what America has become because of them.

And manipulation of people's minds and feelings.

Many ARE foreign enemies

... he has to shut these crazies up for the time being.

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/06/gate ... inds-after

As I have said, they will wear Nazi uniforms, they will watch us being killed when that time comes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a case of false equivalency. :roll:

It's the old "if you point out the KKK is a racist organization, that makes YOU a racist!" argument.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

What exactly have I "suggested" that makes me the hater?

Sorry, but anyone still supporting rump is unacceptable and is an enemy of the human race, this is not debatable.

While this goes on, good for Michael

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/sta ... 9840203776

Quote:
We are now representing whistleblowers within ICE, outside contractors, etc. They have reached out to us to provide us with info as to what is really going on. We are going to blow this wide open and take the info to the American people so they can decide what happens next.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

this one came up earlier

Quote:
"I’ve fought too long and too hard now against segregated public accommodations to end up segregating my moral concerns." - MLK