Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Trumpism Laid Bare
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

President Trump: "The elite. Why are they elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I am smarter than they are. I am richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t. And I am representing the greatest, smartest, most loyal people on earth, the deplorables.”

He just said this at his rally in MN.

It's funny he didn't like Franken that much. Sounds to me exactly like this.

Oh ... and if I am part of this so-called "elite" you and Fucker Carlson were referring to ...

Is your apartment better? Yeah, I've been to the WH on tour. No contest. I've also seen your shithole in Doral, and I'm not going in, but I've seen the vids.
Richer? Well, everybody speculates. I think very little of your ass(-ets) are liquid.
Became president? Well, kiss Vlad's ring ... homey. Hope it tastes good, especially when your tongue is deep in his arse crack.

.... your people?

It reminds me of the one thing Mel Gibson said that DIDN'T make me vomit. It was what his character "Riggs" said during Lethal Weapon 2, when they were dealing with corrupt South African diplomats.

Martin "Riggs": (to the crooked corrupt SAs) "Well, well... it's the master race!" :roll: :rw)

Post subject: Re: Trumpism Laid Bare
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trump asks if protester was a man or a woman, and says they need a haircut "more than I do"
President Trump heckled a protester who interrupted his campaign rally in Minnesota.

Trump was talking about immigration when he stopped mid-speech to acknowledge the protester.

"Get him out of here," Trump said."Get him out of here Go home to your mom, darling. Go home. Get him out of here. Out."

The crowd of Trump supporters chanted "USA," as the President looked on.

"Was that a man or a woman?" Trump asked. "Because he needs a haircut more than I do. I couldn't tell. I couldn't tell. I couldn't tell."

[snip][end]

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Back to this crap, I see.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump led the crowd in a thirty second chant of "Space Force." I mean, this is getting surreal.

Trump's Space Force Push Reopens Arguments About Military in Space
https://www.space.com/40942-trump-space ... ebate.html

President Donald Trump's call this week that to create a sixth branch of the U.S. military — which he called the "Space Force" — has reopened a wider debate about whether such a move is necessary to better manage military space activities. While the idea of a separate, space-focused military branch is not new, Trump's surprise announcement caused a buzz on social media and news outlets.

"When it comes to defending America, it is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space," Trump said in a speech before a meeting of the National Space Council at the White House Monday (June 18). "I'm hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the armed forces. That's a big statement.

[snip]

"Why do we need a Space Force? What is a Space Force going to do which isn't currently being done by the Air Force?" she told Space.com. Trump's idea to "dominate" space also raises questions, she said, because in military terms ,"dominate" generally means to completely control a limited geography for a limited period of time. "How do you dominate space?" she asked. (*) "How do you have control of everything indefinitely?"

[snip][end]

(*)

Trump said he wanted to "reopen" NASA through the space force. Well, look, NASA's not closed, even if manned space exploration and flight is at a standstill. But it's a civilian space agency. Trump is discussing creating a sixth branch of the military.

First question: why does the U.S. need to "dominate" space ... does outer space "belong" to any one particular country on this planet, and why? Who are we dominating it "for" or "against"?
Second question: how are we going to do this?

This is why my SW graphics are only partly kidding.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:53 am 
Board Emeritus

But Perfesser...we need to wait and see if he's really unfit for the office. As long as there are enough people who think like Joe Memphis in this country, this country is fucked. The bigots and racists in Charlottesville marching around with their tiki torches and blubbering "blood and soil" are easy to deal with. They are not the threat. "Reasonable" conservative Republicans like Joe Memphis are the real threat. They're no different from Germans in the 1930's who looked the other way because they saw something in it for them and a few kikes and faggots didn't matter. Only difference is here and now spics and rag-heads have been added to the kikes and faggots that already didn't matter. Donald has a good start with 8,000 or so Puerto Ricans who would be alive today if we didn't have a white New Yorker spic hating bigot in the White House.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:38 pm 
Policy Wonk

Bernie Sanders: Trump thinks like an authoritarian

Quote:
.........."He thinks as authoritarian types all over Europe believe, that if you foment anger against immigrants and show how strong and tough you are on those little children, that it will get you votes in elections," Sanders told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Wednesday on "AC360."..............

As Senator Sanders points out no relief in the executive order for 2300 children suffering trumps wrath

Quote:
..........Sanders noted the President's executive order does not address reunification for children already separated from their parents.

"The idea of tearing little children from the arms of their parents, putting them into detention cages, and then making a big deal about an executive order which may do absolutely nothing for these 2,300 children is literally beyond belief," said Sanders.

The executive order won't reunite the more than 2,300 children already separated from their parents, children whose plight Trump admitted privately this week was deeply damaging to him politically...........

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1009 ... 0210768440

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:45 pm 
Policy Wonk

Trump led the crowd in a thirty second chant of "Space Force." I mean, this is getting surreal.

Trump's Space Force Push Reopens Arguments About Military in Space
https://www.space.com/40942-trump-space ... ebate.html

President Donald Trump's call this week that to create a sixth branch of the U.S. military — which he called the "Space Force" — has reopened a wider debate about whether such a move is necessary to better manage military space activities. While the idea of a separate, space-focused military branch is not new, Trump's surprise announcement caused a buzz on social media and news outlets.

"When it comes to defending America, it is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space," Trump said in a speech before a meeting of the National Space Council at the White House Monday (June 18). "I'm hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the armed forces. That's a big statement.

[snip]

"Why do we need a Space Force? What is a Space Force going to do which isn't currently being done by the Air Force?" she told Space.com. Trump's idea to "dominate" space also raises questions, she said, because in military terms ,"dominate" generally means to completely control a limited geography for a limited period of time. "How do you dominate space?" she asked. (*) "How do you have control of everything indefinitely?"

[snip][end]

(*)

Trump said he wanted to "reopen" NASA through the space force. Well, look, NASA's not closed, even if manned space exploration and flight is at a standstill. But it's a civilian space agency. Trump is discussing creating a sixth branch of the military.

First question: why does the U.S. need to "dominate" space ... does outer space "belong" to any one particular country on this planet, and why? Who are we dominating it "for" or "against"?
Second question: how are we going to do this?

This is why my SW graphics are only partly kidding.

they dont need to dominate space, its spending and budget priorities that they need to dominate. space force = the wall or diminished spending on social uplift, also provides funding through contractors to buy political representation out from under regular everyday citizens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's definitely a military pork barrel for the 21st century. They can drop a whole new round of contracts for weapons and bases we don't need except to get Congress critters re-elected. It's against international law, and the military thinks it's unnecessary, but that never stopped them yet. It's really just more bad government.

I would imagine the chief beneficiary would be Elon Musk. He's going bat shit crazy, have you noticed? He says good businessmen have to be paranoid. Well, he's definitely getting there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Could be a good reason why he's selling flamethrowers.

Just saying.

That Mars colony, well, who knows, maybe they're starting to take Alternative 3 seriously again. (Google it if you don't get the ref.)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I never understood the flame throwers. WTF are you supposed to do with them? They're not like the good kind, which the military uses to shoot fire and death into enemy bunkers. I would imagine that those are already banned for civilians.

The only use for Musk's device that I can see is to cause trouble. They'd be OK for ghetto riots, though Molotov cocktails are better because you have time to get away.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's definitely a military pork barrel for the 21st century. They can drop a whole new round of contracts for weapons and bases we don't need except to get Congress critters re-elected. It's against international law, and the military thinks it's unnecessary, but that never stopped them yet. It's really just more bad government.

I would imagine the chief beneficiary would be Elon Musk. He's going bat shit crazy, have you noticed? He says good businessmen have to be paranoid. Well, he's definitely getting there.

Hey, many fascists started out as leftists. Look at some of the PNAC crowd. They drop the leftist tag for the fascist tag. Much is tied to hyper-nationalism as well as supporting producers aka corporations.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

they dont need to dominate space, its spending and budget priorities that they need to dominate. space force = the wall or diminished spending on social uplift, also provides funding through contractors to buy political representation out from under regular everyday citizens.

Trump can't do diddly squat about establishing a new branch of the military. Only the Congress can do that according to the U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 8:
Quote:
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress

Nowhere in the Constitution does it give the president the authority to establish a new branch of the military so as usual Trump is full of shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:10 pm 
Policy Wonk

Trump can't do diddly squat about establishing a new branch of the military. Only the Congress can do that according to the U.S. Constitution, Article 1, Section 8:

Nowhere in the Constitution does it give the president the authority to establish a new branch of the military so as usual Trump is full of shit.

true but he can rally his voter base and republican majority congress to initiate a scam to rob our budgets and subvert our democratic process, remember reagans star wars scam.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Did he just sign order eliminating any and all rules or limitations to off shore drilling? More so than the last thing he signed?