It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

In another thread, glenfs contends:

Quote:
While Trump should not be President, up to now he hasn't done any permanent damage. In fact he other than running his mouth and inappropriate tweets he hasn't done any real damage at all.

Well, I disagree, and I believe so do most of the members of this board. So, I started a thread about a joke - Donald Trump. What is the lasting damage he is doing to our nation?

The first and easiest answer is to the judiciary of our nation. Via Real Clear Politics:

Last Tuesday, Donald Trump addressed the Susan B Anthony List at its 11th annual Campaign for Life gala. His theme was the many successes of his administration and, most importantly, the need to rally voters to be sure that Republicans successfully maintained control of the House and the Senate in the November 2018 midterm elections. In speaking to this audience of faithful supporters identified as “pro-life” voters, he said: “Now, for the first time since Roe v Wade, America has a pro-life president, a pro-life vice-president, a pro-life House of Representatives, and 25 pro-life Republican state capitols.”

In the same speech he touted his great success in judicial appointments with the following words: “We’ve appointed a record number of judges who will defend our constitution and interpret the law as written. And we’re putting on to the bench a record number of judges. And in a short period of time, we are going to have probably the all-time record for the appointment of judges. And I’m very excited about that.”

This speech tells you exactly what you need to know about this president’s goal and his desire to define his legacy. As is well known by now, what he says yesterday he reverses tomorrow. At one time, Trump supported a woman’s right to choose. That is long gone. His goal today is nothing less that the undoing of Roe v Wade, the US supreme court decision that allowed a woman the right to obtain an abortion. He will not be satisfied until he can stack the lower federal courts – and eventually the supreme court – with judges who will overturn that precedent.

If the Republicans prevail in the midterm elections and retain control of the House and, more importantly, the Senate, the relentless march to appoint conservative judges will continue at record speed. Six months ago I authored an article for the Guardian titled ‘Trump’s new team of judges will radically change American society’.

At that time, the president had made 60 judicial nominations and 14 judges had been confirmed. Current figures reveal that the appointments to the federal bench continue to be the president’s most consistent success, a rallying cry for his base, and a campaign issue in the forthcoming election. They are poised to be his lasting legacy.

Many of the president’s actions can be easily overturned by a new president, just as Trump has erased so much of what Barack Obama achieved. But one thing that cannot be altered by a new president is the lifetime appointments to the federal bench, which will shift the balance of power in the courts for the next two generations.

When Obama took office, there were 53 vacancies, equivalent to 6% of the federal judiciary. But because Republicans obstructed Obama’s judicial nominees in the hopes of providing a Republican president an opportunity to remake the federal courts, Trump began his term with 112 vacancies.

When Senate Republicans were in the majority from 2015-2016, they blocked nine Obama nominees from receiving a hearing because they had not received the consent of their home-state senators. Now that there is a Republican president, Senate Republicans have reversed their position and have advanced three Trump nominees despite their failure to obtain approval from home-state senators.

Thirty-nine Trump judges have now been confirmed, 15 for the circuit courts and 24 for the district courts. One hundred and sixty vacancies remain to be filled, with 71 nominations now pending before the Senate and 89 vacancies yet to be filled. This is more than 15% of the federal bench. As noted in a 22 May report issued by Senate judiciary committee Democrats, the pace of confirmations has set a record. Trump’s first 15 circuit court nominees took an average of 131 days to be confirmed, while Obama’s first 15 circuit court nominees took at average of 254 days to be confirmed – which is twice as long.

Neil Gorshuch is a disaster of a Supreme Court Justice, who lied in his hearings, and will go down in history along with Clarence Thomas as a terrible Justice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am 
Board Emeritus

I googled "master thread" because i didn't know what a master thread was.

Duck over at stack overflow suggests:

A more standard design is to use a thread pool. The master thread spawns a bunch of worker threads that read a queue. The master puts work in the queue and all the workers take a shot at processing the work in the queue. This eliminates the need to constantly start and terminate threads (though more sophisticated pools can have some mechanism to increase/decrease the pool size based on the work load). If the threads have to return data or status information they can use an output queue (maybe just a pointer to the actual data) that the master can read.

This still leaves the issue of how to get rid of the threads when you are done processing. Again, it is a master-worker relationship so it is advised that the master tell the slaves to shut themselves down.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/101 ... ve-threads

I think I like the general idea of a thread pool spawning worker threads somewhat better than having a master thread lording over slave threads. But either way that still leaves the issue of how to get rid of the threads when they are done processing.

GoUnion, you could probably try telling Glen to shut himself down as perhaps you have done here, but he probably will be slightly offended that you are styling yourself as controlling the "master thread," and his opinion being regarded as but a lowly slave. He'll more than likely laugh at your suggestion.

In a thread title having the words "thread pool" would more than likely go over better than "master thread." "Master" implies slaves. "Pool" imply spawning.

Or 8-ball. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 am 
Board Emeritus

One thing to always keep in mind about conservative whites.

Part of their culture is to deny who and what they are, at base. It's part of the assimilation process. They're not the only ones damaged by it, but they are the intended beneficiaries of it.

They are the same people who "didn't know" what forced bording schools meant for the destruction of Native American societies. They will also fleck and spittle at you that the segregation patterns still intact to this minute were "100 years ago" and that the only blacks who can think for themselves happen to be the ones who shill for confederate ideology.

They're the same people who rat out the neighbors who get put on a one-way train the next week. And then will tell you they never smelled anything weird in the countryside.

They're the ones with the history of shutting EVERYONE out of the country or dying trying, squashing working people even as they themselves are working people, and then turning around and lecturing everyone else about meritocracy.

Chinese Exclusion, Japanese internment and relocation, Anti-Alien laws stripping Asians of their property rights and citizenship rights, selling illegal weapons to Iran while supporting Iraq in order to get yet more weapons to anticomme fascists in Latin America, then turning around and putting Latin American immigrant kids fleeing this vicious cycle in cages when they try and come here for relief...you're trying to talk rationally to people with a 400 year history of this feckless, stats-sponsored mass murder, here and abroad -- about yet more conservatives whose MO is doing the most and most permanent damage to as many people as possible at a time.

Self-loathing bigots. Pretty-man Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas deserve each other.

These ruthless, rightwing cutthroats are perfectly capable of doing better. But to be honest with anyone else they've got to get honest with themselves, first. I'm afraid they're too self-loathing for that, at this point.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:41 am 
Board Emeritus

I googled "master thread" because i didn't know what a master thread was.

Duck over at stack overflow suggests:

A more standard design is to use a thread pool. The master thread spawns a bunch of worker threads that read a queue. The master puts work in the queue and all the workers take a shot at processing the work in the queue. This eliminates the need to constantly start and terminate threads (though more sophisticated pools can have some mechanism to increase/decrease the pool size based on the work load). If the threads have to return data or status information they can use an output queue (maybe just a pointer to the actual data) that the master can read.

This still leaves the issue of how to get rid of the threads when you are done processing. Again, it is a master-worker relationship so it is advised that the master tell the slaves to shut themselves down.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/101 ... ve-threads

I think I like the general idea of a thread pool spawning worker threads somewhat better than having a master thread lording over slave threads. But either way that still leaves the issue of how to get rid of the threads when they are done processing.

GoUnion, you could probably try telling Glen to shut himself down as perhaps you have done here, but he probably will be slightly offended that you are styling yourself as controlling the "master thread," and his opinion being regarded as but a lowly slave. He'll more than likely laugh at your suggestion.

In a thread title having the words "thread pool" would more than likely go over better than "master thread." "Master" implies slaves. "Pool" imply spawning.

Or 8-ball. :)

My personal troll comes around...

No, I was thinking of the "bye" thread. A thread where everyone chimes in on all the real, lasting damage Trump is doing to our nation is a good thing to have. And I'm not controlling any thread.

But continue on with your personal attack.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:17 am 
Board Emeritus

We've had 2 years already of not doing anything about climate change, and Trump doing just about everything possible on the U.S. side to make it worse.

Now we can argue how much of what we're headed for in terms of global warming is preventable.

All I know is, we are probably going to lose at least 2 more years we really didn't have to start doing something about the problem.

Hate Obama, we can quibble if he did enough, but he didn't put us in reverse. Clinton pledged not to either - BTW. Oh but she wasn't the perfect candidate! :roll:

That is going to be lasting damage to the planet and the human race, not just the U.S.

BTW, more and more data is coming in - I remember the kernel and I sparring over this - that it is going to impact the intensity of development, if not the frequency, of tropical cyclones, i.e. hurricanes.

Those do some lasting damage, just ask Puerto Rico.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Things like pulling out of the Paris Accords do lasting damage, because the rest of the world can no longer depend upon the word or our nation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 am 
Board Emeritus

Great piece in the New Yorker, Making China Great Again:

China has never seen such a moment, when its pursuit of a larger role in the world coincides with America’s pursuit of a smaller one. Ever since the Second World War, the United States has advocated an international order based on a free press and judiciary, human rights, free trade, and protection of the environment. It planted those ideas in the rebuilding of Germany and Japan, and spread them with alliances around the world. In March, 1959, President Eisenhower argued that America’s authority could not rest on military power alone. “We could be the wealthiest and the most mighty nation and still lose the battle of the world if we do not help our world neighbors protect their freedom and advance their social and economic progress,” he said. “It is not the goal of the American people that the United States should be the richest nation in the graveyard of history.”

Under the banner of “America First,” President Trump is reducing U.S. commitments abroad. On his third day in office, he withdrew from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a twelve-nation trade deal designed by the United States as a counterweight to a rising China. To allies in Asia, the withdrawal damaged America’s credibility. “You won’t be able to see that overnight,” Lee Hsien Loong, the Prime Minister of Singapore, told me, at an event in Washington. “It’s like when you draw a red line and then you don’t take it seriously. Was there pain? You didn’t see it, but I’m quite sure there’s an impact.”

In a speech to Communist Party officials last January 20th, Major General Jin Yinan, a strategist at China’s National Defense University, celebrated America’s pullout from the trade deal. “We are quiet about it,” he said. “We repeatedly state that Trump ‘harms China.’ We want to keep it that way. In fact, he has given China a huge gift. That is the American withdrawal from T.P.P.” Jin, whose remarks later circulated, told his audience, “As the U.S. retreats globally, China shows up.”

For years, China’s leaders predicted that a time would come—perhaps midway through this century—when it could project its own values abroad. In the age of “America First,” that time has come far sooner than expected.

Once you cede global leadership, it's gone and you can't just pick it back up with a new President. This is lasting damage to our nation - and probably the world.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:21 am 
Board Emeritus

It will take a long time to correct this. The longer he remains in office the longer the time for correction. Not everything can be recovered...some is lost forever. And in the interim there is remarkable damage done to people who end up on the short end of a demagogue's stick.* The GOP is just as responsible for it as trump and his people, and the voters who continue to vote for Republicans are just as responsible.

*PS - those who voted for him and end up butt fucked are getting exactly what they fucking deserve. It's the rest of us who voted for Clinton, or innocent bystanders like children at the border being ripped out of the arms of their mothers who are the victims. And often personal damage like this is irreversible.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:21 am 
Board Emeritus

Sorry, Ike but it isn’t correctable. Much like going the free trade route attempting to back peddle to tariffs is doomed to failure. So it is with ceding power. Power simply is not regained on the international stage. While arguments about how U.S. power is projected can be discussed the reality is abdication of power means just that. Allies will continue to turn away from us and the third world will continue to turn toward China.

Congratulations to all the deplorables and rigid Republicans who supported the conman-in-chief, you will see the fruits of your stupidity. And to borrow from the movie Dr. Strange: you’re not gonna like it.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:55 am 
Board Emeritus

Climate change and abortion . There is no evidence that HRC would have done squat about climate change. Beyomd having some meetings and media events. AKA the lefts version of thoughts and prayers.
On abortion you folks are spot on. The election of Trump has set back the pro abortion folks. But that hardly constitutes majir damage to our nation.
Thus far he has been able to maintain what Obama left him. The economy is doing well,unemployment is down and wages are up. We are at least speaking to NK and he killed TPP and is at least trying to do something about kobs leaving by talking about tariffs. All things that progressives would br praising HRC for doing.
We have an investigation and if it is shown he was involved in collusion then he must go. As for invoking the 25th amendment both Pelosi and Schumer are opposed to that.
So again while I will agree he needs to be shown the door. It needs to be done according to proper procedure. Not to protect Trump but instead to protect our nation's future.
If we set a precedent by removing Trump because he is a jerk. Then future Presidents could face removal from office based on public opinion.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 am 
Board Emeritus

Words have been spelled wrong because I am typing on my phone.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 am 
Board Emeritus

There is no evidence that HRC would have done squat about climate change.

Bull fucking shit. :x :evil:
For one thing, she would NOT have pulled us out of the Paris Accords.

Secondly ... Here's what she proposed on it.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/climate/

She was not the one who had said it was all a Chinese hoax :roll: ... and she was the one who said she would take it seriously.

I also know for a fact she wouldn't have put a useless crook like Scott Pruitt in at the EPA.

She might have even appointed Al Gore as an advisor ... they did know each other, after all ;) ... I guess we'll never know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Trump is doing long standing damage. Look at America's reputation around the world now. Look at how Trump is treating America's allies.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:59 am 
Board Emeritus

Appointing conservative judges is damaging based on your opinion. No different than my opinion if we had a president who was appointing liberal judges. [ of course you refuse to admit that Obama's SCOTUS judges are liberal]. So that does not constitute lasting damage, except from a progressive outlook.

So while you would be correct to say from a Progressive point of view Trump's Judicial nominations are doing long term damage and you would be correct. But, only from the perspective of a Liberal.

I am talking about long term damage that effects us all. Things that lead to a bad economy or high unemployment or high inflation or a war. Basically the things that W brought us. Other than demeanor at this point in his presidency I would have to rate Trump ahead of W.

Some would say infront of Carter but, that would be unfair. Because while Carter was not up to the task and a terrible President. Carter inherited a hot mess while W and Trump took over when things were running very smoothly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 am 
Board Emeritus

Appointing conservative judges is damaging based on your opinion.

Their last two big rulings are indeed damaging to LGBTQs and abortion rights.

Both matters affect me personally, and tons of women I know, and you know. Those are facts, facts that could already be inferred by this person's Confederate campaigning and candidacy.

Quote:
No different than my opinion if we had a president who was appointing liberal judges.

It's very different from judges that rule in favor of white conservatives and other sundry bigots.

You guys have had judges installed from the lowest podunk court to the SCOTUS for centuries. There has never been an equal or even comparable playing field between liberal and conservative judges.

And that's just the advantage you have been handed regarding judges. Don't get me started on other legal and public policy advantages given to conservative whites by governments. So no, it is not like your opinion about liberal judges, at all.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:18 am 
Board Emeritus

You left off your list, glen, incompetent handling of natural disasters (see Puerto Rico, AND perhaps Texas), and the environment (more issues than just climate change, even if it may be the most important).

As for not getting us into war ... you know we were already still at war, in Afghanistan, and we still are, and plus there's all the low-intensity conflict we don't call war in a couple places where Trump has ordered military action and gotten people killed ... perhaps in some cases out of bad judgement.

Death of American soldiers in an "action" (even if not part of a "war") lasts permanently.

As far as the economy, I guess you'll keep ignoring all the data about negative impacts of his tariffs, some stuff that says the rosy picture for the economy & employment depends on who you're looking at (Motor brings this up from time to time), some economists who are warning the Trump disaster/recession may not have arrived but is sure building up.

Last but not least, as others have noted, the lasting damage he has done to the U.S.' international reputation and relationships to its allies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am 
Board Emeritus

Appointing conservative judges is damaging based on your opinion. No different than my opinion if we had a president who was appointing liberal judges. [ of course you refuse to admit that Obama's SCOTUS judges are liberal]. So that does not constitute lasting damage, except from a progressive outlook.

So while you would be correct to say from a Progressive point of view Trump's Judicial nominations are doing long term damage and you would be correct. But, only from the perspective of a Liberal.

I am talking about long term damage that effects us all. Things that lead to a bad economy or high unemployment or high inflation or a war. Basically the things that W brought us. Other than demeanor at this point in his presidency I would have to rate Trump ahead of W.

Some would say infront of Carter but, that would be unfair. Because while Carter was not up to the task and a terrible President. Carter inherited a hot mess while W and Trump took over when things were running very smoothly.

If the "Liberal" judges were TRULY liberal, they would always rule against our corporations - and they don't. Even you admit many of the decisions are 7-0. So the ONLY radical judges on the court are on the right.

And yes, it's lasting damage.

And I guess you no longer worry about the debt, right? Because the tax cut is increasing our debt at an unprecedented rate - and your ignoring that shows that you are a hypocrite when you whine about the debt when Dems are in charge.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am 
Board Emeritus

My personal troll comes around...

No, I was thinking of the "bye" thread. A thread where everyone chimes in on all the real, lasting damage Trump is doing to our nation is a good thing to have. And I'm not controlling any thread.

But continue on with your personal attack.

Oh' DOG! Your personal troll comes around just Whist you were getting set up for some more trolling of Glen.

(Whist is a card game in which points are scored according to the number of tricks won.)

Did you consider naming the thread, The Bellwether TRUMPet? Or, The TRUMPist Pessimistic Harbinger?

Trump decided to not defend the ACA in court while Texas and other red states attacks and attempts to have the whole law thrown out because they already had attacked the ACA and removed the mandate. They say what they done was a mortal wounding.

Yet Another attempt by THEM to take the ACA out of THEIR misery! :(

Of course that's getting ahead of this thread because that's something they're just getting started at and it hasn't happened to any kind of completion,,, yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:37 am 
Board Emeritus

Nope, no trolling, just pointing out the obvious - Trump is doing real, lasting damage to our nation. Everyone is joining the thread and pointing out the various parts of that lasting damage. But troll on, Sam.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Puerto Rico is lasting damage. Katrina is lasting damage. Poor Republican presidents... they never understand why allowing thousands of Americans to die hurts them in the polls.

The war thing... the country is at war worldwide, with bases in ~150 countries, and every week you hear about US troops engaging someone somewhere you didn't even know there WERE US troops.

Another Republican innovation, though Democrats never seem to mind either.

There's a four-letter word to describe all this:

ROME.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

On abortion you folks are spot on. The election of Trump has set back the pro abortion folks. But that hardly constitutes majir damage to our nation.

Another backdoor pro-trump comment that you think you can deny. But never mind that...

You are such a misogynist prick. It good and goddamn well constitutes major damage to every American woman who wants an abortion and can't get one because of the impediments placed in her way by asshole Congressional Republicans and their asshole president, along with asshole voters like you who put them in office year after year.

Easy for you to say there's no major damage... trumper asswipe.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Bull fucking shit. :x :evil:
For one thing, she would NOT have pulled us out of the Paris Accords.

Secondly ... Here's what she proposed on it.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/climate/

She was not the one who had said it was all a Chinese hoax :roll: ... and she was the one who said she would take it seriously.

I also know for a fact she wouldn't have put a useless crook like Scott Pruitt in at the EPA.

She might have even appointed Al Gore as an advisor ... they did know each other, after all ;) ... I guess we'll never know.

Bless your heart trying to educate a trumper. They cant be. They have sold their souls, morals, family, everything to rump and putin.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:00 pm 
Policy Wonk

If there were only to be four classes taught from 1st grade to 12th it would be history, history, history and history.....

The women (and men) I have spoken to—who are now in their 60s, 70s, and 80s—shared harrowing stories: of sexual violence from underground abortionists, of shaming from doctors and nurses at hospitals, of waking up in pools of their own blood, of using saline solution and catheters, of the desperate need to borrow money, of coat hanger abortions performed at home, of waiting for strangers at street corners, of being blindfolded and driven to secret locations, of sleazy motel rooms with unsanitary conditions, of serious and agonizing medical complications.

Their stories remind us of the dangerous and deadly consequences of denying women access to safe and legal abortion. As one woman I interviewed told me, “Women were dying.” Illegal abortion was risky, but women had no other choices. As we read and listen to these abortion stories, we should never forget that our right to safe and legal abortion is under direct, sustained attack from the Trump administration, conservative legislators, and anti-abortion groups—and that now, more than ever, our reproductive freedom is not a guarantee.

We can not allow ourselves to be forced into the back alleys once again.

https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/article/ ... roe-v-wade

ILLEGAL ABORTIONS WERE COMMON
Estimates of the number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 1960s ranged from 200,000 to 1.2 million per year. One analysis, extrapolating from data from North Carolina, concluded that an estimated 829,000 illegal or self-induced abortions occurred in 1967.

One stark indication of the prevalence of illegal abortion was the death toll. In 1930, abortion was listed as the official cause of death for almost 2,700 women—nearly one-fifth (18%) of maternal deaths recorded in that year. The death toll had declined to just under 1,700 by 1940, and to just over 300 by 1950 (most likely because of the introduction of antibiotics in the 1940s, which permitted more effective treatment of the infections that frequently developed after illegal abortion). By 1965, the number of deaths due to illegal abortion had fallen to just under 200, but illegal abortion still accounted for 17% of all deaths attributed to pregnancy and childbirth that year. And these are just the number that were officially reported; the actual number was likely much higher.

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2003/03/ ... e-prologue

Major damage? i guess it depends upon the way you look at it. Some, apparently, think it's no big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

gotta say some of the democrats have become quite rigid and intolerant of any type of criticism of the party or constructive ideas for making it better or even living up to its strengths or good qualities.

Donald Trump is wooing black voters and killing the Democratic party

Quote:
As the Democratic Party remains in the coma it entered in November 2016, President Donald Trump is performing his greatest magic trick.

And he’s doing it right under their noses.

Anyone who thinks that Trump’s decision to pardon boxer Jack Johnson and commute the sentence of the unfairly sentenced Alice Johnson wasn’t part of a greater plan is delusional.

Donald Trump is wooing black voters.

He doesn’t really have to do much: have the presidents of some of nation’s historically black colleges gather in the Oval for a photo op and watch them do it because their schools are struggling or dying.

He does it by freeing the Johnsons – freeing the history of Jack and commuting the sentence of Alice.

Anyone who thinks that Trump didn’t gain some black votes by those actions last week doesn’t understand the power of connecting with the disconnected.

In Detroit, and other urban areas – where we can’t get more than 14 to 20 percent of registered voters to turn out for an election – and where many people still love Kanye West whether he thinks slavery was a choice or R. Kelly, who is escaping jail by inexplicable means – Trump may be resonating.............

Quote:
.........Donald Trump is succeeding at something few people thought possible. He is getting some black people to compare him to Barack Obama. Obama didn’t get Alice Johnson out of jail. Obama didn’t pardon Jack, even though Ken Burns asked him to and produced an entire documentary explaining why.

Donald Trump isn’t killing the Republican Party.

He is killing the Democratic Party.

He is singlehandedly making people forget the strength and resilience and heart of the party that once tried to define itself as the place for the little guy, for the left-outs, for the have-nots.........

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anybody who supports Trump is an asshole. Any black person who supports Trump is an asshole and a dumbfucker.