RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Right now, at this point in history, the only targets for any legitimate and committed progressives are Trump and Congressional Republicans. Anything else is a self-absorbed distraction. Wake the fuck up. Extract your head from out of your ass. Focus on what is really important. It's one fucking congressional district in California. I know you're Californians and it's difficult for you people to think you're not the center of the fucking galaxy. If there's a primary candidate you like better, vote for that candidate. If you win, congratulations. If you lose shut the fuck up about it and get the fuck back to work. But the primary candidate you vote for had better be the candidate who will beat the Republican candidate in your district in November. Because if you people fuck this up...you're of no use to the rest of us.

Last edited by Ike Bana on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:05 am 
Board Emeritus

There are atoms, empty space, and the swift stick of clarity.

Stay at bat, sensei.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:14 am 
Board Emeritus

Aw shucks, perfesser.

We're out here in west suburban, Chicago...DuPage County, IL-6. It's the land of Henry Hyde, and it's been the land of Peter Roskam for 12 years. This is the first time since Tammy Duckworth lost to him by less than 2 percentage points back in 2006 that we have a real shot at getting rid of him. Sean Casten is not the person we necessarily want in this seat. He's borderline blue dog, touting that the only way he can win the election is for Republican voters in the district to know that he's not a rubber stamp for the more liberal wing of the party. Good, fine Sean...just win the fucking election and keep your word that you will work to get rid of Donald Trump. We're working our asses of for this guy. It's what needs to be done. We have relatively petty differences with the guy, he's probably not always going to get behind the things we want. We will deal with that when this crisis is hopefully over. But right now we are doing everything we can to get Sean Casten, and other Democratic candidates in this formerly rock solid conservative Repubican district into office. Clinton won this district by 14 points. We can do this if we get the fuck out of our own way.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Didn't I say that if I was in her district, instead of one with a REAL Democrat, I'd vote for her anyway? One does not stop fascism by overthinking simple issues. One gets herded into the boxcars by overthinking simple issues.

California is not the center of the universe. We have Central Park NYC for that.

I do like some of CA's congress critters though. I just thought of another one, Adam Schiff (CA-28). SoCal used to be the land of Impeach Earl Warren. Now it elects butt kickers to Congress.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Didn't I say that if I was in her district, instead of one with a REAL Democrat, I'd vote for her anyway? One does not stop fascism by overthinking simple issues. One gets herded into the boxcars by overthinking simple issues.

California is not the center of the universe. We have Central Park NYC for that.

I do like some of CA's congress critters though. I just thought of another one, Adam Schiff (CA-28). SoCal used to be the land of Impeach Earl Warren. Now it elects butt kickers to Congress.

Pelosi is not a real Democrat?

Thanks for this IKE, just herad someone say a poll on CNN has the fuhrer's approval rating at 45%.

I said half the country were filthy deplorable unacceptable assholes but always took shit for that too. No, it is half, or close enough to half of the VOTERS which is all that matters.

I dont want to be right yet again but I dont see a normal way out of this.

Are we now in agreement the republican party is our enemy and wants us dead? Or deported, gone, one or the other?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know why they hate her.

The other Chucklenuts posted this earlier:

Got it? MS-13 is her campaign committee!
(Or that could just be a bunch of Hispanics with tattoos, but we all know what we're supposed to think, eh, Mike? Nancy Pelosi and her gangbangers.)

When I see this kind of hate, I'm reminded of what FDR said: "I welcome their hatred".

Being hated by moronic douchebags is a kind of honor.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

If jesus existed and came back he would blister his hand beating huckabee