It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://twitter.com/jdavidgoodman/statu ... 0210762652

Quote:
Spotted: @SusanSarandon walking in Jackson Heights with a small film crew and a person holding a bunch of @ocasio2018 posters

With complete fucking idiots like Sarandon, I dont know if we can survive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:12 am 
Board Emeritus

I am hoping we are seeing the beginning of celebrities opinions not being held in such high regard because they have the ability to pretend better than the rest of us.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:33 am 
Board Emeritus

I am hoping we are seeing the beginning of celebrities opinions not being held in such high regard because they have the ability to pretend better than the rest of us.

You support bigot congressional Republicans vote whores. You are in no position to criticize anybody's opinions glen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

Would that apply to celebrities that support Republicans?

And, btw, Bono from U2 has been very successful pushing charitable work which derives from his Christianity precisely because of his celebrity. Celebrities by being in the spotlight can shine a light on problems with success because they are celebrities.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 am 
Board Emeritus

One celebrity I'm not holding in high regard at the moment is Susan Sarandon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 am 
Board Emeritus

One celebrity I'm not holding in high regard at the moment is Susan Sarandon.

Yeah, I get it. Too often the culture in this country amounts to celebrity worship as though they are smarter than everyone else simply because they are a celebrity. But there are times and celebrities who are smart and who can use their position for good. Too often though we get people that are Berniebros or Trumpists.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 am 
Board Emeritus

[from Wiki]
In an interview with The Guardian published on November 26, 2017, Sarandon said about Hillary Clinton: "I did think she was very, very dangerous. We would still be fracking, we would be at war [if she was president]"
[end]

Ummm ... OK, Susan. We might agree she wouldn't do enough about fracking, but I don't notice Trump putting the brakes on it, either. Do you? I think we might take a moment to look who did pull us out of the Paris Accords ....

At war? Has Donald ended any military conflict in Afghanistan .... is he not expanding the military budget, promising to bring back torture, and conducting all kinds of military actions all over the world ... I mean shit, Susan, did you think the alternative was a human rights-loving pacifist? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:34 am 
Board Emeritus

[from Wiki]
In an interview with The Guardian published on November 26, 2017, Sarandon said about Hillary Clinton: "I did think she was very, very dangerous. We would still be fracking, we would be at war [if she was president]"
[end]

Ummm ... OK, Susan. We might agree she wouldn't do enough about fracking, but I don't notice Trump putting the brakes on it, either. Do you? I think we might take a moment to look who did pull us out of the Paris Accords ....

At war? Has Donald ended any military conflict in Afghanistan .... is he not expanding the military budget, promising to bring back torture, and conducting all kinds of military actions all over the world ... I mean shit, Susan, did you think the alternative was a human rights-loving pacifist? :roll:

Sarandon is like the rest of the progressives who insist on purity, aware they are wrong but unable to admit it. They will ultimately kill us all because I recently saw that while the GOP is surely shrinking it is NOT the DNC growing but independents, ANYONE who looks at our situation and decides the answer is to be an independent? Nah, we are so fucked. And if we survive this it will be in spite of these fuckers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am 
Board Emeritus

Susan Sarandon is borderline.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:36 pm 

like ronnie reagan, arnold schwarzenegger, mel gibson, charlton heston, clint eastwood. i so could go on but even these dimwits have the right to use their voice politically.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Susan Sarandon did some good work opposing various Republican-induced crises, but I'd have to put her in the very crowded L.A. category of All Name, No Policy. If she doesn't get the need for party unity, she's either on Ambien or compromised by the same Russian MI agents who turned Jill Stein.

The best shirt I've seen in years is:

STOP MAKING STUPID PEOPLE FAMOUS.

It's all a blur, but I believe I saw that one at one of the Oscar sex pervert protest things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Facing Progressive Challenger, Crowley Embraces Corporate Cash

As an increasing number of Democratic candidates pledge to reject corporate funding in an effort to appeal to progressive voters, the Democrat billed as a more liberal alternative to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi continues to rake in corporate money.

Rep. Joe Crowley, who holds the fourth-highest ranking position in House Democratic leadership, has received roughly $1.1 million this election cycle from more than 250 corporate PACs, a Sludge analysis of thousands of campaign contributions filed to the Federal Election Commission this cycle found.

https://readsludge.com/2018/06/23/facin ... rate-cash/