It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:17 am 
Board Emeritus

Go Thai Navy Seals.

Six Boys Brought Out From Thai Cave as Rescue Efforts Continue

A dangerous rescue mission has been proceeding faster than expected by officials and six boys have already been rescued from the cave. The operation will now pause for 10 hours.

At least six boys from the youth soccer team trapped inside a cave in northern Thailand have been brought out, said the Thai Navy Seals today while continuing their rescue efforts. The news was followed by an announcement that rescue efforts would pause for 10 hours.

https://interestingengineering.com/six- ... s-continue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Go Thai Navy Seals.

Six Boys Brought Out From Thai Cave as Rescue Efforts Continue

A dangerous rescue mission has been proceeding faster than expected by officials and six boys have already been rescued from the cave. The operation will now pause for 10 hours.

At least six boys from the youth soccer team trapped inside a cave in northern Thailand have been brought out, said the Thai Navy Seals today while continuing their rescue efforts. The news was followed by an announcement that rescue efforts would pause for 10 hours.

https://interestingengineering.com/six- ... s-continue

thanks.

btw...they keep saying "team"...how many kids were down there?
i know there was a coach.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

12 boys in the cave, with their coach, according to NYT, et al.

Six means they've got half.

Good luck. RIP to the diver who already died during a rescue attempt. Hope they can get them all out safely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

12 boys in the cave, with their coach, according to NYT, et al.

Six means they've got half.

Good luck. RIP to the diver who already died during a rescue attempt. Hope they can get them all out safely.

A friend who I grew up with

http://www.wing.com/

Bill Wing is involved with this in providing their products, last I heard. Hope it works out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rescue mission day two : four more boys evacuated

Day two of the mission to remove trapped footballers from Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district was halted on Monday after four more boys were extracted to safety.

The total number of boys rescued from the cave during a rescue operation that started on Sunday was eight.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30349695

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rescue mission day two : four more boys evacuated

Day two of the mission to remove trapped footballers from Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district was halted on Monday after four more boys were extracted to safety.

The total number of boys rescued from the cave during a rescue operation that started on Sunday was eight.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... l/30349695

Trying to find out details of exactly how they are rescuing them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Trying to find out details of exactly how they are rescuing them.

I saw an article on-line about the rescue and it had a graphic depicting how it was done. The rescuers taught the boys how to use a full-face breathing mask to swim under water. In the graphic, there were at least two divers with each boy. One diver leading the way with an air tank and a hose going from the tank to the boy's full-face breathing mask. The second diver is accompanying the boy to make sure he's he's doing okay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I saw an article on-line about the rescue and it had a graphic depicting how it was done. The rescuers taught the boys how to use a full-face breathing mask to swim under water. In the graphic, there were at least two divers with each boy. One diver leading the way with an air tank and a hose going from the tank to the boy's full-face breathing mask. The second diver is accompanying the boy to make sure he's he's doing okay.

Did they mention any use of inflatables? Rafts?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Did they mention any use of inflatables? Rafts?

No. It was all swimming and "scuba" diving.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

BTW, I understand one problem is that not only had most of the boys never done scuba, which has mishaps even if you've had training, some of them didn't even know how to swim.

Plus, they are going through parts of the cave underwater where there is zero light and visibility.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

..."the eighth person is out and the operation is done for today".

four more boys brought out alive safe and conscious in the hospital.
that leaves four more and the coach.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 am 
Board Emeritus

All the boys and their coach are now out of the cave. Huzzah! Excellent work, Thai divers and rescue personnel.

LIVE: All 12 boys and coach rescued from Thai cave
The rescue operation is complete after three days of heroic efforts by divers, with all of those trapped carried out alive.
https://news.sky.com/story/live-mission ... e-11431632

To the diver who gave his life early in the rescue mission - I'm not sure if I still yet know your name - "I hope they honor you".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 am 
Policy Wonk

The final Five are out!!! The Coach and last 4-Boys were taken out this morning.

They will be under medical observation for a while, but they are out.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:28 am 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

The rescue of the boys from the cave was accomplished by giving the boys a "minor tranquiliser." The boys were then put on "stretchers" with breathing masks and passed through the underwater passageways. Some of the boys were sleeping and some were groggy during their rescue but doctors were stationed along the way to check on condition and pulses.

Quote:
The boys rescued from a Thai cave were passed "sleeping" on stretchers through the treacherous pathways, a former Thai Navy SEAL who was the last diver to leave the Tham Luang complex told AFP Wednesday.

The details of the complex operation are among the first to emerge from a rescue effort to save 12 boys and their football coach that has been shrouded in secrecy since it began on Sunday and ended successfully three days later.

"Some of them were asleep, some of them were wiggling their fingers... (as if) groggy, but they were breathing," Commander Chaiyananta Peeranarong said, adding that doctors stationed along the dark corridors of the Tham Luang cave were constantly checking their condition and pulse.

"My job was to transfer them along," he said, adding the "boys were wrapped up in stretchers already when they were being transferred".
Yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

The rescue of the boys from the cave was accomplished by giving the boys a "minor tranquiliser." The boys were then put on "stretchers" with breathing masks and passed through the underwater passageways. Some of the boys were sleeping and some were groggy during their rescue but doctors were stationed along the way to check on condition and pulses.

Wow, AWESOME

what you want to bet if it was here and the feds were the responders and the kids were Brown, none of that happens.