RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: SC Pick - Kavanaugh
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

All four of Trump's picks were essentially given to him by the Federalist Society. They are the ayatollahs of SCOTUS appointment, now. Every justice must be Federalist-approved. Gorsuch's name was also given to him that way.

As for why Kavanaugh, well Drak posted about that earlier. Kavanaugh was a law clerk for Kennedy earlier in his career. Did Mr. Deal make a deal? Some are saying Kennedy agreed to resign now, so that Trump could pick Kavanaugh as his successor.

In which case, having to pick from the four names was a Kabuki theatre, Drumpf had decided a long time ago ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

All four of Trump's picks were essentially given to him by the Federalist Society. They are the ayatollahs of SCOTUS appointment, now. Every justice must be Federalist-approved. Gorsuch's name was also given to him that way.

As for why Kavanaugh, well Drak posted about that earlier. Kavanaugh was a law clerk for Kennedy earlier in his career. Did Mr. Deal make a deal? Some are saying Kennedy agreed to resign now, so that Trump could pick Kavanaugh as his successor.

In which case, having to pick from the four names was a Kabuki theatre, Drumpf had decided a long time ago ...

That too, Kennedy made a deal, I think he was blackmailed as part of it, so this filthy fuck plays two roles for the nazis, he assures rump is above the law and satisfies Kennedy demands, though if he was being blackmailed dont know how he could negotiate

Maybe it was as simple as my first conclusion, Kennedy WANTS to destroy all rights for all minorities and destroy America as we know it but doenst want his name on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

The elite world of Brett Kavanaugh

The Chevy Chase Lounge is a neighborhood joint where bartender Tim Higgins is accustomed to bantering with long-standing patrons, including a middle-aged guy named Brett who likes to pop in for a Budweiser and a burger after coaching his daughters’ basketball games.

As he watched the news recently, Higgins learned something else about Brett Kavanaugh: He was among the judges whom President Trump was considering to nominate to the U.S. Supreme Court.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc ... 3a7da157bd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

As for a justice system, there is no such thing. Point to something named justice. What we have is a legal system that allegedly punishes behavior. Odd that conservatives claim that you can not legislate behavior when that is precisely what law does. So what we seek is equal treatment under the law. And because of that we naturally end up with a system mandated and operated by people with biases and prejudice. So it is unsurprising that such a system, created while slavery raged, would be tilted against equal treatment of minorities. The same applies regarding women and the LGBTQ community. Wealthy white men created the system and we should not be surprised that it requires laws and judicial cases to reach toward equal treatment and that said actions would be fought tooth and nail.

Absolutely...and Democratic politicians and lawyers are no less responsible for it than Republican politicians and lawyers. It's a system created by lawyers, managed by lawyers and designed for the benefit of lawyers. It's not a justice system, it's a system, like most every American system, designed to generate winners and losers. The poor white disenfranchised idiots just can't understand that they're where they are because the system has a requirement for there to be a certain number of losers. It's not only black folks and latino folks and muslim folks who keep the money flowing into the pockets of those at the top, it's also poor white trash who love their flag, and love their country and apparently love taking it in the ass for both.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

That too, Kennedy made a deal, I think he was blackmailed as part of it, so this filthy fuck plays two roles for the nazis, he assures rump is above the law and satisfies Kennedy demands, though if he was being blackmailed dont know how he could negotiate

Maybe it was as simple as my first conclusion, Kennedy WANTS to destroy all rights for all minorities and destroy America as we know it but doenst want his name on it.

Kennedy wasn't blackmailed. Kennedy got what he wanted. You don't end up in the most powerful position in the legal system in this country to end up not getting what you want. Kennedy got exactly what he wants. I don't know what that is...anybody who says they know what that is, is fulla shit. But trust me...he did not leave his job unhappy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

Re: your first paragraph.

Which does not arbitrarily translate to originalist, as though that means something in the first place.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:45 pm 

You know, you guys seem to hang on Joe Biden's every word. It's weird, I don't think you like him, but if he muses about something judicial, it suddenly becomes a "rule".

You seem to desperately crave Biden's views on stuff. So here's another Biden rule for you: I understand he says after you're done taking a whiz, shake it only twice.

Congrats. That's Biden's "Rule" #3. :roll:

Uh huh. They have also labeled your Momma a fat ugly pig. I heard it on the internet. "Fact".

Well, we know you cons don't like thinking for yourself, so you need boiler plate. Keeps your tiny minds from boiling over.

Look homey, we know you believe in the right to deceive people. You're looking for justifications for Kavanaugh to be able to deceive the committee, just like your pal Gorsuch did. Just be honest with us and yourself and say it, stop trying to make up phony "rules".

Huh, a librarian who hates and distrusts experts.

Say, where was that library you say you worked at? I suspect it must be in a zoo. ;)

I'm just pointing out the reality.

They do a fine job of thinking for themselves and rather creatively. They very effectively adapt.

Effete, gas bag, egghead, expert bloviators can whine about it all day, but to no effect. It seems that only effete, gas bag, egghead, bloviators are the only ones who think them experts.
I don't distrust them, it's simply that they are expert at nothing of value.

Biden defined it - It's the "Ginsgurg Rule" - Gorsuch creatively refined it - and Kavanaugh will expertly use it. And you and yours will whine and accomplish nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I wish traitors would FUCK OFF

Us patriots have work to do, we are busy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

It seems that only effete, gas bag, egghead, bloviators are the only ones who think them experts.

Spiro?

Is that you? :mrgreen:

Why next, I'll be called a nattering nabob of negativism! :rw) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm just pointing out the reality.

They do a fine job of thinking for themselves and rather creatively. They very effectively adapt.

Effete, gas bag, egghead, expert bloviators can whine about it all day, but to no effect. It seems that only effete, gas bag, egghead, bloviators are the only ones who think them experts.
I don't distrust them, it's simply that they are expert at nothing of value.

Biden defined it - It's the "Ginsgurg Rule" - Gorsuch creatively refined it - and Kavanaugh will expertly use it. And you and yours will whine and accomplish nothing.

No, you are not pointing out reality. You are pointing out what you wish to be reality. There is no such thing as "The Ginsburg Rule". There are questions asked and pontifications made by senators as regards how and what a nominee should answer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 3094cf34f1

Note in the link that Ginsburg chose to answer somethings and not others.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

We can make up all kinds of funky, phony "Rules" till we are blue in the face.

The bottom line is SCOTUS justices have lifetime appointments, and they will be ruling on things that affect many Americans for decades.

So, sorry, glen, we need to look at more than their resume. They are not just being hired for a job where they will clean your plumbing for a day. They will shape the future of the country for a long time.

So, my position is, they need to be asked how they will rule on things likely to come before them, and Senators should not take pirouettes and evasions as answers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:14 am 
Board Emeritus

Dem infighting erupts over Supreme Court pick

That headline is from he Hill: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3969 ... court-pick

I've seen a few like it elsewhere. Here's the lead in:

"Democrats are fighting among themselves over how far to go to oppose Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and tempers are starting to flare ahead of a decision that could weigh heavily on the midterm elections."

"Liberal activists, who are closely aligned with the party’s base, are losing patience with centrist Democrats who are on the fence over Kavanaugh, a judge with impressive credentials and the approval of the conservative Federalist Society."

"But Senate Democratic leaders don’t want to twist the arms of vulnerable colleagues up for re-election in pro-Trump states, adding to the disappointment of activists."

Here's the crux, Neil Sroka some kind of uber Liberal mouthpiece says, “We need to be training all of our firepower on Murkowski and Collins and we don't need to be wasting one shred of energy trying to push a Democrat in the right direction on this extremist nominee.”

This is what I think, our red state Senators ought to watch what Murkowski and Collins, perhaps Flake are doing. If there's any chance that one or more of them will not vote for Kavanaugh then they ought to stand firm with the safe Democrats and not vote for him as well.

BUT if all of the Republican Senators are going to vote to confirm Kavanaugh that battle is already lost, he will be confirmed no matter how our red state Senators vote. There's no reason for then to fall on their swords and die to assuage the butt hurt feelings of some out of state Liberal mouthpieces such as Neil Sroka.

Survival is an important concept, there are few exceptions, this is not one of them. I'm not going to waste not one shred of energy whining about how our red state Senate Democrats vote. I save that energy. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Civility.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:07 am 
Board Emeritus

Civility.

And also a sock.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Red-state Dem tells Schumer to 'kiss my you know what' on Supreme Court vote

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (W.Va.) had strong words for Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer’s (D-N.Y.) efforts to unify the party against President Trump’s Supreme Court pick.

Manchin suggested to Politico that Schumer does not have any influence over whether or not he supports Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3970 ... court-vote

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes Majority Bully. :problem:

McConnell to Dems: Delay Kavanaugh’s Confirmation at Your Own Peril

Senate Democrats are pushing for access to more than a million pages of records on Donald Trump’s Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh. This is both a stalling tactic and fishing expedition: Before allowing Republicans to confirm a fifth anti-choice justice, Chuck Schumer’s caucus want to check each and every one of the great carpool dad’s closets for a skeleton.

But now, Mitch McConnell is warning his Democratic colleagues that, should they persist in their demands for transparency, they will hurt no one but themselves. As Politico reports:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... peril.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5