It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://mauitime.com/news/politics/cong ... es-debate/

Quote:
On Monday, July 2, candidates for contested offices in the State of Hawai‘i gathered at Kamehameha Schools’ Kapalama, Oahu campus for Hawaii News Now’s “Super Debate.” Contenders for the offices of Lieutenant Governor, 1st U.S. Congressional District Representative, and Governor took the stage to answer questions, challenge the competition and leave a lasting impression on the audience. It was an informative night for voters, with one glaring omission.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard was absent, and there was no debate for the 2nd U.S. Congressional District. The district includes Maui and most of the state, except for urban Honolulu.

Gee, wonder why. Yeah, I think I knows why.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, she was one of Timmeh's faves.

I have never liked her. From day one. Something about her makes my spider sense tingle. Could be all those ties to weird cults and RW Hindu parties. Or the way she regularly went on Faux News to bash Obama.... or her "switcheroo" on gay rights.

I hope her primary opponent ... who is a "true liberal" (not a bullshit artist like Tulsi) ... will defeat her. She is Native Hawaiian.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, she was one of Timmeh's faves.

I have never liked her. From day one. Something about her makes my spider sense tingle. Could be all those ties to weird cults and RW Hindu parties. Or the way she regularly went on Faux News to bash Obama.... or her "switcheroo" on gay rights.

I hope her primary opponent ... who is a "true liberal" (not a bullshit artist like Tulsi) ... will defeat her. She is Native Hawaiian.

But she and Sarandon and even AOC , yep, sorry, I know you are a fan, are all gonna be on the same side of something soon and it is gonna be a shocker to people.

Whether Tulsi is reelected or not, there are others, as you know.

I dont know if they are all employed by putin or if they are all just idealists who will fuck everything up in the name of "change", either way, bad news for all of us.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

What's most important is that the seat doesn't go to a Republican.