RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 am 
Policy Wonk

The State of California has beat it's 2020 Goal to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions at least Four Years ahead of schedule.

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/arti ... 17585.html.

The California Air Resources Board announced Wednesday that total statewide carbon emissions fell to 429 million metric tons in 2016, a drop of 12 million tons from the year before. The decline means California met the Legislature’s goal of reducing emissions to 1990 levels, and did so a full four years before the target year of 2020.

California Governor Jerry Brown, along with other officials said meeting this goal ahead of schedule proved that California's Portfolio of Anti-Carbon Laws and other regulations is succeeding.

Governor Brown has been a strong advocate for controlling Greenhouse Emissions and a very vocal critic of the Climate Change Deniers like 45 who continue to believe that climate change is not real.

This is great news for the health of Californians, the state’s environment and its economy, even as we face the failure of our national leadership to address climate change", said Mary Nichols, Chairwoman of California Air Resources Board.

As a person with Asthma ("OOS-MA" as my Doctor Calls It) this is huge. I can be stuck indoors on "Spare The Air Days". The reduction of Carbon Emissions cannot be casually dismissed. When you see a two-year child struggling to breath and their Mother pulling an Albuterol Inhaler out of her purse and telling her little boy or girl to "Inhale Honey...Inhale", it is heartbreaking.

Denying Climate Change does not alter the facts.

I know Republicans hate facts, but Climate Change IS REAL.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am 
Board Emeritus

#fakenewz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

With my having bought solar cell generation capacity, and it offsetting about 50% of my electrical usage, my family now produces approximately 5% of the national average carbon.

For years I've held it below 10% of the national average typically being between 8% to 9%. I had thought I was at the floor, but then my power company created that program which allows users to buy their own zero emission solar cell generation capacity to offset some or all of their electrical usage.

If I get an electric car I will have to buy a bunch of capacity, but I would buy it, those suckers really drink the electricity. So far though no manufacture is making a car which will hold up here in the hills where the hills are so steep. People I know have been buying them but they are having a terrible time keeping them operating. They need new batteries about twice to three times as often as people in the flat lands plus other stuff burning out as well. I can't afford that.

However I expect that over time some manufacturer will produce an electric car which will hold up under the strain these hill place upon a car, and then I will be able to lower the carbon footprint my family leaves even lower than 5% of the average. But for now I'm lodged on a carbon floor again.

Canadians started it with their ton challenge program back in 2005. I couldn't be in their program but it built a fire under me to create my own. And over time I achieved one ton, two tons, three tons, I suppose I'm up to somewhere around 7 tons now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 am 
Board Emeritus

The State of California has beat it's 2020 Goal to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions at least Four Years ahead of schedule.

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/arti ... 17585.html.

The California Air Resources Board announced Wednesday that total statewide carbon emissions fell to 429 million metric tons in 2016, a drop of 12 million tons from the year before. The decline means California met the Legislature’s goal of reducing emissions to 1990 levels, and did so a full four years before the target year of 2020.

California Governor Jerry Brown, along with other officials said meeting this goal ahead of schedule proved that California's Portfolio of Anti-Carbon Laws and other regulations is succeeding.

Governor Brown has been a strong advocate for controlling Greenhouse Emissions and a very vocal critic of the Climate Change Deniers like 45 who continue to believe that climate change is not real.

This is great news for the health of Californians, the state’s environment and its economy, even as we face the failure of our national leadership to address climate change", said Mary Nichols, Chairwoman of California Air Resources Board.

As a person with Asthma ("OOS-MA" as my Doctor Calls It) this is huge. I can be stuck indoors on "Spare The Air Days". The reduction of Carbon Emissions cannot be casually dismissed. When you see a two-year child struggling to breath and their Mother pulling an Albuterol Inhaler out of her purse and telling her little boy or girl to "Inhale Honey...Inhale", it is heartbreaking.

Denying Climate Change does not alter the facts.

I know Republicans hate facts, but Climate Change IS REAL.

The first time I went to California was in 1991. I was very excited until around Hesperia I was able to look down the mountain and saw real smog for the first time.

I was there about 2 days and felt sick the entire time. A few hours after I left the area I felt fine. Today even on a bad day it is nowhere near as bad as it was then. I can only imagine what it was like in the 70s .

Good job California on fixing the problem.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

The first time I went to California was in 1991. I was very excited until around Hesperia I was able to look down the mountain and saw real smog for the first time.

I was there about 2 days and felt sick the entire time. A few hours after I left the area I felt fine. Today even on a bad day it is nowhere near as bad as it was then. I can only imagine what it was like in the 70s .

Good job California on fixing the problem.

I was stationed at George AFB in Victorville, just a couple of miles from Hesperia, in the early 80s. We were getting smog from L.A. and Riverside coming over the Cajon Pass. I remember the days when the air wasn't great. In the last couple of years I've driven through the Hesperia/Victorville area on my way to Las Vegas and I did notice the air quality was better than when I lived there.

Decades ago, California recognized it's air and water quality was getting worst so they embarked on measures to remedy the problem even if it meant imposing new regulations on businesses and individuals to reduce pollution. Many people balked at these regulations but the results proved it was worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I was stationed at George AFB in Victorville, just a couple of miles from Hesperia, in the early 80s. We were getting smog from L.A. and Riverside coming over the Cajon Pass. I remember the days when the air wasn't great. In the last couple of years I've driven through the Hesperia/Victorville area on my way to Las Vegas and I did notice the air quality was better than when I lived there.

Decades ago, California recognized it's air and water quality was getting worst so they embarked on measures to remedy the problem even if it meant imposing new regulations on businesses and individuals to reduce pollution. Many people balked at these regulations but the results proved it was worth it.

What CA did the USA will now NOT do.

On purpose. To enrich a handful of billionaires and to show arrogance to the scientists and adults in the room.

Every action the traitor takes is to show the adults in the room, who laughed at him, that he will show them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

Governor Brown received much flak over his Envronmental Poliices and Programs, but guess what he right.

Cap and Trade Works. Vehicle emissons standards work.

If you look at the environment under previous governors, this is huge.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.