Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Putin's Dupe
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

Even Walsh is now woke, and knows Trump is a traitor.

Country before party. Patriots unite.

Even very Conservative Liz Cheney (R-WY) is slaming 45 after his pressser with Vlad.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/even-l ... nse-putin/.

45 is a Traitor Republicans.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:05 pm 
Policy Wonk

AID AND COMFORT. The constitution of the United States, art. 8, s. 3, declares, that adhering to the enemies of the United States, giving them aid and comfort, shall be treason. These words, as they are to be understood in the constitution, have not received a full judicial construction. They import, however, help, support, assistance, countenance, encouragement. The word aid, which occurs in the Stat. West. 1, c. 14, is explained by Lord Coke (2 just. 182) as comprehending all persons counselling, abetting, plotting, assenting, consenting, and encouraging to do the act, (and he adds, what is not applicable to the Crime to treason,) who are not present when the act is done, See, also, 1 Burn's Justice, 5, 6; 4 Bl. Com. 37, 38.
A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.

Even in the face of Treason by 45, the Republicans do nothing.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

ahh yes.

#TreasonSummit
https://twitter.com/hashtag/TreasonSummit?src=tren

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're preaching to the choir. I think the hard part right now would be intent. Did the accused intentionally set out to give aid and comfort to the country's enemy, and who exactly is this enemy in the absence of a declared war? You know I think the election psyop was an act of war, and that makes Russia a military enemy as surely as Al-Qaeda or ISIS, but what I think won't make a legal case.

The campaign to get #TreasonSummit trending started last night, and now I would imagine the idea is out there to gather momentum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:08 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)Former US intelligence chiefs expressed astonishment and condemnation Monday in
response to President Donald Trump's comments at Monday's news conference with Russian President
Vladimir Putin, with former CIA Director John Brennan calling the US President's
performance "nothing short of treasonous."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving
them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason." 18US Code, sec. 2381

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

#TreasonSummit is trending #1 in L.A..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

I never said it wasn't treason. I said that treason is a hard case to make without a declared war, and that sedition has been more successful over history. I do understand that indicting a president for sedition is impossible. It's probably less nebulous to get him on the emoluments clause or the cover-up of the Republican complicity in the Russian psyop. It seems obvious, though, that the country still lacks the consensus that would impel Congress to do so.

I wasnt thinking of anyone in particular, I dont keep score.

My biggest critic here is often one of my closest friends, the professor. Though he usually does it behind closed doors, out of respect. I have always told him and anyone that I love to be constructively criticized and corrected, it is how I learn.

BTW calling the prof my critic is not correct, he is my professor/teacher and we are close enough friends he is willing to take the time to educate me when I need it.

CJ has educated me over the years on race, although she often would politely chide me and remind me it is NOT her job to do that. It is not her job to do that, but she is also one of the most wonderful people I have ever met and she showed me love and respect in our very first face to face and has been willing to help me along, so to speak.. Really special person. I wish everyone here knew her the way I do. Although the person you see here and the one I know is the same person.

Oh, I like you too...especially since you are a F1 fan ;)

Last edited by Libertas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

treason --
n. the crime of betraying one's country, defined in Article III, section 3 of the U. S. Constitution: "Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort." Treason requires overt acts and includes the giving of government security secrets to other countries, even if friendly, when the information could harm American security. Treason can include revealing to an antagonistic country secrets such as the design of a bomber being built by a private company for the Defense Department. Treason may include "espionage" (spying for a foreign power or doing damage to the operation of the government and its agencies, particularly involved in security) but is separate and worse than "sedition" which involves a conspiracy to upset the operation of the government.

Last edited by rainwater on Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Even in the face of Treason by 45, the Republicans do nothing.

Remarkable, but McConnell was the original traitor so we know he wont do anything.

McConnell is probably closer connected personally to the KGB than donnie. donnie is really dumb and doesn't need day to day information because he doenst know what it means anyway

I wanted to be very clever here and input the vid of Reid saying "Just make stuff up, he wont know the difference" but cant find it

This is true of course.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/someth ... onference/
Trump met his Russian counterpart for more than two hours in Helsinki with only translators present, just three days after a federal grand jury indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers with hacking the 2016 election.

The president proclaimed that he trusted Putin’s denials over the broad consensus of U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies, which he attacked from the news conference.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't believe the definition of treason includes an active state of war, if the country is still considered a hostile enemy and not an ally.

Although I also agree that Russia could be said to be in an active state of war with us, if we include under the definition "cyberwar". I believe #WalkAway is a Russian cyberwar campaign directed at this country, which is active, right in this moment. We don't even have to look back at 2016 ... we need to look at what they are doing now.

BTW, another criteria could be supporting an enemy of allied nations ... and I believe Russia has "cyber attacked" France, Britain, Italy, and Germany, the latter, at this point, if not decades ago, an ally.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

oh goodie. they have transcripts of the two hours with translators.

omg. what a shameful embarrassment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:21 pm 
Policy Wonk

When Trump is on his knees, he isn't praying.

Attachments:
Putin Enjoying Trump Red Square.jpg
Putin Enjoying Trump Red Square.jpg [ 93.97 KiB | Viewed 42 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't believe the definition of treason includes an active state of war, if the country is still considered a hostile enemy and not an ally.

Although I also agree that Russia could be said to be in an active state of war with us, if we include under the definition "cyberwar". I believe #WalkAway is a Russian cyberwar campaign directed at this country, which is active, right in this moment. We don't even have to look back at 2016 ... we need to look at what they are doing now.

BTW, another criteria could be supporting an enemy of allied nations ... and I believe Russia has "cyber attacked" France, Britain, Italy, and Germany, the latter, at this point, if not decades ago, an ally.

I don't think you absolutely need a congressional declaration of war, but it seems to have helped in legal cases we've seen. This is opposed to sedition, for which they've dragged activists into court on a regular basis.

You're preaching to the choir bringing up cyber war. Of course it's war. Most countries, including this one, have military units dedicated to it. I'm on record that the military of a hostile foreign power attacked the United States, and the president who benefited from the attack says it never happened. The last attack by a sovereign government as opposed to a transnational terrorist group was in 1941. Had Russia actually sent in planes and bombed a Navy base in 2016, I doubt that any of us would be around to be writing this stuff. They have other ways to do it now.

#WalkAway is a well documented project of the St. Petersburg troll farm and whatever the CA/R. Stone/Bannon/Mercer disinformation project is calling itself this year. Nearly all of the accounts doing it have been proven to be bots or trolls. I ran across one yesterday that seemed hacked. The user had a woman's name but a man's picture. They didn't even change the picture. This is typical. These guys might have good data on how to divide and conquer Americans, but they're awfully sloppy doing it. Muted and reported.

#WalkAway has also tried to infiltrate the resistance.

Otherwise all traffic seems aimed at driving wedges into Democratic Party ideological differences.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:30 pm 
Policy Wonk

One would think that Treason should be the crime any time someone purposely commits acts that are a detriment to their country, especially when other countries are involved, friend or foe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't think you absolutely need a congressional declaration of war, but it seems to have helped in legal cases we've seen. This is opposed to sedition, for which they've dragged activists into court on a regular basis.

You're preaching to the choir bringing up cyber war. Of course it's war. Most countries, including this one, have military units dedicated to it. I'm on record that the military of a hostile foreign power attacked the United States, and the president who benefited from the attack says it never happened. The last attack by a sovereign government as opposed to a transnational terrorist group was in 1941. Had Russia actually sent in planes and bombed a Navy base in 2016, I doubt that any of us would be around to be writing this stuff. They have other ways to do it now.

#WalkAway is a well documented project of the St. Petersburg troll farm and whatever the CA/R. Stone/Bannon/Mercer disinformation project is calling itself this year. Nearly all of the accounts doing it have been proven to be bots or trolls. I ran across one yesterday that seemed hacked. The user had a woman's name but a man's picture. They didn't even change the picture. This is typical. These guys might have good data on how to divide and conquer Americans, but they're awfully sloppy doing it. Muted and reported.

#WalkAway has also tried to infiltrate the resistance.

Otherwise all traffic seems aimed at driving wedges into Democratic Party ideological differences.

DU has several KGB ops or bots or both. There is an entire political message board dedicated to D haters, Jackpines Radical I think it is called. They are former DU members who hated HRC and loved Bernie and are now full on board with Russia. Some of them are KGB, but most are just dupes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dan Coates takes down Trump

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
thx, i needed that laff.

RoyPDX sig line:
"If you think that Mexico is only sending drug dealers and rapists, but also worry that Mexicans are going to take your job... What the f**k do you do for a living?" -Random Twitter post seen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:55 pm 
Board Emeritus

k, i didnt watch this fiasco, im reading and listening to those who did view it.
but...are they telling me that groper BROUGHT HRC INTO THIS TODAY??

this guy is fucking mentally coherently cognitively incompetent.

he is not competent to affirm this:
Quote:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:59 pm 
Board Emeritus

We knew he was a KGB op and a traitor, today we got no NEW information.

His base and his party got to confirm what we knew, that he is these things and so are a few others in their party.

So what? Unless the McConnell's and Ryan's and Pence's and others are willing to expose their party and leader as traitors, NOTHING will be done unless justice comes knocking. Will they let that happen?

And WATCH for DEMANDS that the D;s file impeachment, be WARY of those who do that because the ONE thing that is CERTAIN in this atmosphere is impeachment will RALLY their troops.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just saw Rand Paul on with Wolf Blitzer. He can no longer refer to himself at a libertarian...he's a full blooded trumper. Refusing to answer questions about Pompeo and other confirming Russia's intrusion. Preferring to bring up Clapper, Brennan and others who are attacking "our president" and again bringing up Hillary's emails. He's a co-conspirator lock him up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Just saw Rand Paul on with Wolf Blitzer. He can no longer refer to himself at a libertarian...he's a full blooded trumper. Refusing to answer questions about Pompeo and other confirming Russia's intrusion. Preferring to bring up Clapper, Brennan and others who are attacking "our president" and again bringing up Hillary's emails. He's a co-conspirator lock him up.

Heard about it, he is a traitor, I want him arrested.

Fuck this, some fucking justice better happen soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

Full Scale Collaboration with Russians....The Republican Party is full of Collaborators.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

I forgot to mention that Rand Paul objected to Brennan calling trump's behavior "treasonous."

He refused to answer Blitzer's questions and insisted on giving his speech. When Blitzer insisted on getting an answer Paul's reaction was to tell Blitzer, "...you used to be better than this." What I dont understand is why, when spoken to like this, the news anchors dont just shut the asshole politician down. Shut off their microphone, tell them they will have it turned back on when they decide to behave themselves like public servants. Would Wolf Blitzer be fired? He doesn't need the money, why would he care if he got fired? I wouldn't put up with that shit...just like I wouldn't put up with it in a Trump news conference or a Sarah Sanders vow and pony show.