RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

like Cruz laying low I wonder if people like Gowdy and Ryan and some others are getting out of town before the shit storm hits. Then have plans to step in and fill the leadership vacuum that will be there if Trump is forced out of office?

Watergate made Carter which then lead to Reagan. Without the void from Watergate we would have never heard of Carter and Reagan would have been a former Governor who probably would have made a decent living giving speeches and being a spokesmen for various companies.

In fact Watergate lead to Carter which lead to Reagan which lead to Bush Sr which lead to Bill C then W right through and up to but not including Obama.

So basically we had 5 men become President who more than likely wouldn't have if not for Watergate. If Trump is guilty and is forced from office you have to wonder will we see another 30+ years of people becoming President who otherwise wouldn't have?

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

like Cruz laying low I wonder if people like Gowdy and Ryan and some others are getting out of town before the shit storm hits.

Gee yah think? Finally waking up? People have been talking about this for months now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

...and glen kept asking us what we would say when Mueller found Trump innocent.

I note glen hasn't said anything about the treason Trump committed today. Kind of like when he said nothing when Trump was ripping babies from their mother's arms.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

I note glen hasn't said anything about the treason Trump committed today. Kind of like when he said nothing when Trump was ripping babies from their mother's arms.

First off Ive said plenty about it. Second as bad as what he did today it does not met the legal definition of treason. Something I am sure Thom Hartmann knows but said anyway many times today. With the same for the former CIA Chief who used the word treason. They both know the legal definition of treason and intentionally misused the word.

What Trump did today was stupid, ill advised and weakend the standing of the USA in the world. Once again I am sure our military commanders are scrambling and speaking with their foreign counterparts. I am hoping after the midterm GOP leaders finally put Trump in his place.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

First off Ive said plenty about it. Second as bad as what he did today it does not met the legal definition of treason. Something I am sure Thom Hartmann knows but said anyway many times today. With the same for the former CIA Chief who used the word treason. They both know the legal definition of treason and intentionally misused the word.

What Trump did today was stupid, ill advised and weakend the standing of the USA in the world. Once again I am sure our military commanders are scrambling and speaking with their foreign counterparts. I am hoping after the midterm GOP leaders finally put Trump in his place.

First, he met with Putin alone. That's the first unforgivable thing. We don't know what other intel he gave him. We don't know who else he sold out.

Then he called our entire intel and justice system liars. He said that Putin was more trustworthy than they were. Something a President should NEVER do in the presence of a fucking enemy.

But no, you don't see Putin as an enemy. You preferred him to Obama. He's your type of leader. He's who you'd want leading our nation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:11 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yah it was stupid is all. He's just an asshole. Gee wiz Pah, you gunna finish them taters?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Record amount of indictments, arrests and plea deals, including Trump's campaign manager and his NSA.

12 Russian Military intelligence officers indicted on Friday. Indicted for attacking the United States. Operation a confirmed order by Putin.

Trump meets with Putin behind closed doors with no one around even after these indictments come into play. Putin and Trump hold a shocking presser where Trump totally backs Putin and Putin denies the attack.

Glen -"He's just an asshole guys. That's all."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here's what Trump said tonight on Hannity

Quote:
[Putin] said there's absolutely no collusion, which you know, and everybody who watches this show knows... And I tell you, I thought it was a really amazing time ... I thought that President Putin was very, very strong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm 
Policy Wonk

I tend to think Putin as a former intelligence officer is very much in the same position that
LBJ was in the 60's and knows where all the bodies are buried. Trump is just not a politician
who would instinctively know what not to do and is a businessman who has done unsavory
things over the years and Putin is using his to his advantage. Putin is using his knowledge
of Trump's dossier to blackmail this President to do his bidding but is this such a suprise to
anyone with a brain?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 am 
Policy Wonk

No respect for your pathetic defense of Trump. In fact, anyone defending Trump at this point disgusts me. What Trump did today was deplorable. He has crossed the line. Game over. His fake presidency must come to an end ASAP. If the GOP in Congress won't remove him, that will be the end of the GOP as anything other than a small time, regional party.

Start getting over it now, Trumpies. It will make it easier in the long run.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Glen, nobody gets to know what would have happened. We didn't get Carter because of Watergate. We got Carter because he chose to run, won the primaries and the nomination of the Democratic Party. Jackson, Udall or Church probably would have been fine as president but we will never know.

The problem of today lies with the party that you support. Nobody with the exception of a few who have chosen not to run for re-election have spoken out against Trump. Even that opposition has not been very strong. Imo the reason that the opposition has not been strong is because they support a lot of what Trump has put forth including the destruction, no, he didn't use that word, of social security, medicare and medicaid.

While there has been handwringing over Trump publicly and probably denunciation privately the bottom line is that the ideology of the Republican Party, YOUR party, is extremely dangerous to the lives of the citizens of this country.

So basically we have two problems: Trump and the Republican Party.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am 
Policy Wonk

glen defends 45's Treason.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 am 
Board Emeritus

like Cruz laying low I wonder if people like Gowdy and Ryan and some others are getting out of town before the shit storm hits. Then have plans to step in and fill the leadership vacuum that will be there if Trump is forced out of office?

Watergate made Carter which then lead to Reagan. Without the void from Watergate we would have never heard of Carter and Reagan would have been a former Governor who probably would have made a decent living giving speeches and being a spokesmen for various companies.

In fact Watergate lead to Carter which lead to Reagan which lead to Bush Sr which lead to Bill C then W right through and up to but not including Obama.

So basically we had 5 men become President who more than likely wouldn't have if not for Watergate. If Trump is guilty and is forced from office you have to wonder will we see another 30+ years of people becoming President who otherwise wouldn't have?

Wow! glen has it all put together. We don't need no fuckin' presidential historians. We don't need no students of history who use critical thinking and independent thought process to tell us how we got to where we are.

WE GOT GLEN!!! I feel so lucky.