It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

https://abc7news.com/politics/californi ... e/3783188/
Quote:
Measure to split up California pulled pulled from November ballot by State Supreme Court
Source: ABC 7 News

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KGO) -- The California Supreme Court has blocked a measure that would divide the state in three from appearing on the November ballot.

The court's ruling states that because there are questions about the proposition's validity, the potential harm of putting it on the ballot now outweighs concerns about delaying the vote until a future election

Prop 9 qualified for the November ballot last month.

The proposal, led by venture capitalist Tim Draper, would split the country's most populous state into three new states of near-equal population: Northern California, California and Southern California, according to the proposal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dividing up California is a Russian op.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Dividing up California is a Russian op.

And I know stupid progressives who think it is still a good idea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

Everyone I know thinks it's a Russian op. We have evidence the last one was. They'd love to break up the state whose economy is bigger than theirs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

who's this tim draper guy....where is the money...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 pm 
Policy Wonk

California Supreme Court strikes Proposition that would have split California into 3-States from November Ballot.

http://abc7news.com/politics/measure-to ... t/3783188/.

Court said there were to many unanswered questions regarding the proposition.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

yah this draper guy, he's a real peach. hold on to your wallet.
he wanted to split CA into SIX states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:51 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ain’t gonna happen.

As for Russian ops, looking at what people send me on Facebook makes me cringe. People are stupider than a bag of hammers. And while I don’t care for the Clintons the Hillary hatred is absolutely astounding. To think these people vote.

Need to go wash my brain out with soap.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 am 
Board Emeritus

The billionaire who spent $1.7 million to put an imitative on the ballot to split California into three separate states is calling it quits after the California Supreme Court kicked it off the ballot.

Quote:
The billionaire behind a measure to split California in three said he's giving up on the effort to reimagine the nation's most populous state after the state Supreme Court knocked it off the November ballot.

"The political environment for radical change is right now," venture capitalist Tim Draper wrote in a letter to the court dated Aug. 2 and made public by his opponents Thursday. "The removal of Proposition 9 from the November ballot has effectively put an end to this movement."

The court struck Draper's measure in July in response to a lawsuit but didn't rule on the merits of the case, allowing Draper the opportunity to fight to put it on future ballots. He's not moving forward with the case.
MSN

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:21 am 
Policy Wonk

The billionaire who spent $1.7 million to put an imitative on the ballot to split California into three separate states is calling it quits after the California Supreme Court kicked it off the ballot.

It was flagrant attempt to someway, somehow to get more Repubicans in the House and the Senate.

The only movement he had was in the bathroom.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

Last edited by marindem on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 am 
Board Emeritus

And I know stupid progressives who think it is still a good idea

The ones who stayed home on 11/8/16 because Bernie wasn't on the ballot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:41 am 
Policy Wonk

The ones who stayed home on 11/8/16 because Bernie wasn't on the ballot.

For a very brief moment in time, a few members of the DCCM thought this was a good idea. Then a member of the Marin Young Dems explained the people behind this so-called "Movement".

It was dropped like a hot potato.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Calexit was likely supported by the usual Russian suspects. The ones since are the cottage industry of some damn billionaire who might or might not be on the Spetznaz-GRU dirty recruit list. Maybe he just wants to make more Republican senators for billionaires to pay off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Calexit was likely supported by the usual Russian suspects. The ones since are the cottage industry of some damn billionaire who might or might not be on the Spetznaz-GRU dirty recruit list. Maybe he just wants to make more Republican senators for billionaires to pay off.

From what I've been told that is very much true.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

I have to wonder if dividing California into 2-3-4 or more states would guarantee a Democratic Party majority in the Senate and possibly House for the next 25 or more years and also give more EC votes to the Democratic Party candidate if the left wouldn't be on board.

All that being said it is a foolish proposal that will never see the light of day and you have to wonder what the true motivation is behind those making it.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:07 am 
Board Emeritus

You love the EC because it gives you the majority even though you’re the minority. If Bush/Gore had went the other way, with a President Gore with a minority vote, you would have started a revolution.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am 
Board Emeritus

You love the EC because it gives you the majority even though you’re the minority. If Bush/Gore had went the other way, with a President Gore with a minority vote, you would have started a revolution.

The EC is now and has always been the back bone of our republic. Without it our nation would have never and will never survived. It is there so a small but heavily populated area cannot dictate to the rest of the country. As you and every other person here knows. But, somehow the left here always wants to play lets pretend. In this case lets pretend that our nation would survive and be fine with 2 states and maybe 5 major cities setting the political agenda for the entire nation.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:33 am 
Board Emeritus

The Presidency is nationwide. What’s wrong with one person one vote. Why should your vote count more than mine? Because the EC invalidates all minority votes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 am 
Board Emeritus

The Presidency is nationwide. What’s wrong with one person one vote. Why should your vote count more than mine? Because the EC invalidates all minority votes.

Again lets play lets pretend. The entire country would be fine with the voters from California and New York City electing our Presidents. Which is exactly what would happen, People in York SC votes would never matter because there is not enough of us. As it is now the DNC gets 84 of a needed 270 from NY and Calif. Almost a third of what is needed. But, that isn't enough? We need a system where for the immediate future no Republican or Moderate Democrat would ever has a chance. Again lets play lets pretend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 am 
Board Emeritus

Again lets play lets pretend. The entire country would be fine with the voters from California and New York City electing our Presidents. Which is exactly what would happen, People in York SC votes would never matter because there is not enough of us. As it is now the DNC gets 84 of a needed 270 from NY and Calif. Almost a third of what is needed. But, that isn't enough? We need a system where for the immediate future no Republican or Moderate Democrat would ever has a chance. Again lets play lets pretend.

Let's pretend one man one vote! You think YOUR vote should be worth more than MY vote.

That's the bottom line. As long as it works out for you that your voice counts for more than mine, you're good with it. You don't like the minorities, especially in New York, DC and California to have a voice.

And the minorities in South Carolina are silenced. Their vote was worth nothing.

That's how you want to keep it. You want to keep that white power.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:42 am 
Board Emeritus

Let's pretend one man one vote! You think YOUR vote should be worth more than MY vote.

That's the bottom line. As long as it works out for you that your voice counts for more than mine, you're good with it. You don't like the minorities, especially in New York, DC and California to have a voice.

And the minorities in South Carolina are silenced. Their vote was worth nothing.

That's how you want to keep it. You want to keep that white power.

It seems that people like you want to end our union. We all know if it were a one man one vote system the DNC would not even need to campaign in rural areas. What they would do is spend their time money and effort in massive get out the vote campaigns in two to four states as well as maybe 10 major cities. Of course that would lead to no discourse and the entire population that lives between the two coasts would be fine knowing their votes were meaningless and the DNC cares nothing about their opinions.

Notonly that but, it is highly likely that system would surpress enough of the vote that you on the left would finally have the one party system you apparently want and desire. One where people like me of an opposing view could finally be deported or done away with. As some here have suggested and others endorced.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:44 am 
Board Emeritus

It seems that people like you want to end our union. We all know if it were a one man one vote system the DNC would not even need to campaign in rural areas. What they would do is spend their time money and effort in massive get out the vote campaigns in two to four states as well as maybe 10 major cities. Of course that would lead to no discourse and the entire population that lives between the two coasts would be fine knowing their votes were meaningless and the DNC cares nothing about their opinions.

Notonly that but, it is highly likely that system would surpress enough of the vote that you on the left would finally have the one party system you apparently want and desire. One where people like me of an opposing view could finally be deported or done away with. As some here have suggested and others endorced.

Translation: "Giving the power of one vote one person to black people will destroy our nation!"

You have never had a problem with any way to deprive black people of the vote. You don't consider them intelligent enough to vote. Whereas the White Nationalists ALL are smart enough to vote!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Deported? Done away with? Supress the system?

That batshit aside, Glen is full of shit. Glen doesn't believe in fairness when it comes to voting.

1. He denies that gerrymandering exists.

2. He wants mandatory photo ID at the voting booth.

3. He believes there should be very limited times as to when people can get out and vote.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

Deported? Done away with? Supress the system?

That batshit aside, Glen is full of shit. Glen doesn't believe in fairness when it comes to voting.

1. He denies that gerrymandering exists.

2. He wants mandatory photo ID at the voting booth.

3. He believes there should be very limited times as to when people can get out and vote.

How sad is it that we adults have to debate children like glen, him and about 60 million other children allowed to vote.

Just watched the DiCaprio climate change movie on Showtime or wherever, had it for a couple years, we are fucked, big time.

Because of stupid assholes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

How sad is it that we adults have to debate children like glen, him and about 60 million other children allowed to vote.

Just watched the DiCaprio climate change movie on Showtime or wherever, had it for a couple years, we are fucked, big time.

Because of stupid assholes.

Even sadder that progressives ate so short sighted they cant see how disenfranchising most of the countrywould destroy it