RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:35 am 
Board Emeritus

I decided a long time ago I cant and wont judge POC or Women or Muslims, Jewish folk etc., anyone who I have not walked a mile in the shoes of.

Here's where we part ways, Libby. I've never stood in the shoes of a white christian confederate Trumper. Not for a nano-second. And I'm perfectly comfortable with saying they're all shit on a stick. Every fucking one of them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:56 am 
Board Emeritus

Hmmm. Well, Omarosa's alleging something also found in Fire & Fury, and I think could be true ... (please note I am not a MD nor psychiatrist, and admit no expertise in this area) ... but, will this kind of book convince anybody? Does she bring any new facts to the table (I have my doubts)?

Omarosa Claims Trump Has ‘Mental Decline That Could Not Be Denied’
“Something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/om ... 5c73d822ab

Omarosa Manigault Newman, the reality TV star and former White House official, claims she spotted “mental decline” in her former boss.

An excerpt of her upcoming book, Unhinged, which was obtained by the Daily Mail, described her reaction to seeing President Donald Trump’s May 2017 interview with NBC’s Lester Holt.

“Donald rambled. He spoke gibberish. He contradicted himself from one sentence to the next,” Manigault-Newman wrote.

In an excerpt of her upcoming book, reality TV star and former White House official Omarosa Manigault Newman claims President Donald Trump is suffering from “mental decline.”

Trump had been prepped to say former FBI Director James Comey was fired on the recommendation of the Department of Justice and not because of the Russia investigation, Manigault-Newman claimed, but that’s not what he said in the interview.

“I was going to fire Comey, knowing there was no good time to do it,” Trump said. “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election.’”

In the book excerpt, Manigault-Newman wrote:

“While watching the interview I realized that something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain. His mental decline could not be denied. Many didn’t notice it as keenly as I did because I knew him way back when. They thought Trump was being Trump, off the cuff. But I knew something wasn’t right.”

[snip][end]

Just that interview, though, Omarosa? In every public address and tweet he sounds mentally "unhinged" and disconnected. Logically tangled balls of word salad.

BTW, in that particular interview, the dissembling might have also to do with what I think they call "consciousness of guilt".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:52 am 
Board Emeritus

She's already just another angry black woman, to them.

We all are.

Nah, she was acceptable to them as long as she spouted the right correct words. As soon as she didn't then she became the angry black woman. The right loves useful idiots.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:54 am 
Board Emeritus

Hmmm. Well, Omarosa's alleging something also found in Fire & Fury, and I think could be true ... (please note I am not a MD nor psychiatrist, and admit no expertise in this area) ... but, will this kind of book convince anybody? Does she bring any new facts to the table (I have my doubts)?

Omarosa Claims Trump Has ‘Mental Decline That Could Not Be Denied’
“Something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain.”
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/om ... 5c73d822ab

Omarosa Manigault Newman, the reality TV star and former White House official, claims she spotted “mental decline” in her former boss.

An excerpt of her upcoming book, Unhinged, which was obtained by the Daily Mail, described her reaction to seeing President Donald Trump’s May 2017 interview with NBC’s Lester Holt.

“Donald rambled. He spoke gibberish. He contradicted himself from one sentence to the next,” Manigault-Newman wrote.

In an excerpt of her upcoming book, reality TV star and former White House official Omarosa Manigault Newman claims President Donald Trump is suffering from “mental decline.”

Trump had been prepped to say former FBI Director James Comey was fired on the recommendation of the Department of Justice and not because of the Russia investigation, Manigault-Newman claimed, but that’s not what he said in the interview.

“I was going to fire Comey, knowing there was no good time to do it,” Trump said. “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election.’”

In the book excerpt, Manigault-Newman wrote:

“While watching the interview I realized that something real and serious was going on in Donald’s brain. His mental decline could not be denied. Many didn’t notice it as keenly as I did because I knew him way back when. They thought Trump was being Trump, off the cuff. But I knew something wasn’t right.”

[snip][end]

Just that interview, though, Omarosa? In every public address and tweet he sounds mentally "unhinged" and disconnected. Logically tangled balls of word salad.

BTW, in that particular interview, the dissembling might have also to do with what I think they call "consciousness of guilt".

Re: the underlined area. And how many of his base believed his rationale?

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

From what Ive been reading about the book it appears to be nowhere near what I expected. If the reviews coming out are true then Omarosa has written a book about Trump that could lead to be very important as well as historical.

Hopefully the persona she portrayed on TV was just an act like a pro wrestler being a villain.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Could be some juicy stuff in there after all.

Omarosa Secretly Recorded Trump and Played the Audio for People, Sources Say
A source confirmed with The Daily Beast that the ex-Trump aide’s secret recordings do exist, and that she has played them for people
https://www.thedailybeast.com/omarosa-s ... y?ref=home

Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former personal attorney and fixer, isn’t the only one with secretly recorded audio of the president.

Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation tell The Daily Beast that Omarosa Manigault-Newman, the infamous former Apprentice star who followed Trump to the White House, secretly recorded conversations with the president—conversations she has since leveraged while shopping her forthcoming “tell-all” book, bluntly titled UNHINGED.

For months, it has been rumored that Manigault had clandestinely recorded on her smartphone “tapes” of unspecified private discussions she had in the West Wing. Audio actually does exist, and even stars Manigault’s former boss.

One person confirmed to The Daily Beast they had heard at least one of her recordings featuring President Trump. Multiple sources familiar with the so-called “Omarosa tapes” described the recorded conversations between Trump and Manigault as anodyne, everyday chatter, but said they did appear to feature Trump’s voice, either over the phone or in-person.

The mere existence of such recordings represent a dramatic betrayal of trust by a one-time Trump confidant who has since abandoned years of professed loyalty to the president and has apparently decided to profit off her years of closeness to Trump.

President Trump particularly loathes the idea of being recorded without his knowledge, and felt especially irked and betrayed when news broke that Cohen had done so, as The Daily Beast reported late last month.

[snip]

The reality TV star-turned White House official-turned reality TV star again promises the book will provide a candid and revealing look at her time inside the Trump administration. Part of the book documents what she describes as Trump’s “mental decline.” The president, she claims, “rambled. He spoke gibberish. He contradicted himself from one sentence to the next.”

In a page from the book obtained by The Daily Beast this week, Manigault lays out what she describes as her, and President Trump’s daughter’s, involvement in an attempted White House purge of “leakers,” with Anthony Scaramucci, the short-lived White House communications director, leading the effort.

“Along with his comms directorship, Scaramucci had a secondary job. He was apparently the hired hit man,” Manigault writes. “Very low-key, Ivanka [Trump] went around to the original Trumpers, the loyal soldiers, and asked the team to compile a list of suspected leakers. I’d already said my piece about Katie Walsh directly to Donald, and she’d been let go. But Ivanka wanted a new list and, once she had it, she would give it to Scaramucci, so he could fire them all. The final list that was texted to me on July 22 had ten names on it.”

Manigault then lists former administration colleagues who were suspected of leaking: Vanessa Morrone, Lindsay Walters, Janet Montesi, Raj Shah, Kelly Sadler (“she of the John McCain is ‘dying anyway’ comment; live by the leak, die by the leak”), Lara Barger, Ory Rinat, Kate Karnes, Michael Short, and Jessica Ditto.

“Anthony would start firing them all, after a quick rally in Ohio,” the page continues. Scaramucci, however, would last only 11 days on the job before getting fired by Chief of Staff John Kelly.

[snip][end]

But are they recordings of anything interesting - either to the public, or to Mueller? I doubt it.

BTW: this is yet another area in which his hypocrisy is evident: he hates that his people would record him, but how many times has he warned people to be careful because he might have tapes of them?

I think it's just a bluster thing, but it's interesting how often he's made this threat.

As for the names of potential leakers, most of those names other than Sadler's don't mean much to me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

i didnt see this thread.

groper stole her thunder today, or a groperphile Collins stole it. or groperphileS stole it.

they rarely time things for no reason this cabal : its reality tv show timing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:26 am 
Board Emeritus

Prediction: Tom Arnold can stop looking. I believe these tapes exist, but she doesn't have access to them either. Even if found & played - outrage will explode on the pundit sphere for a few days and nothing will come of it, unfortunately.

Omarosa Claims Trump Repeatedly Used ‘N-Word’ During ‘The Apprentice’
The former White House aide’s forthcoming book “Unhinged” reportedly says the racial slurs were caught on tape.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/om ... 0743c91f2b

Former “Apprentice” contestant and White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman claims President Donald Trump repeatedly used “the N-word,” according to the Guardian, which obtained an advance copy of her forthcoming book.

Manigault Newman, who left the White House last year, says that Trump used the racial slur while taping “The Apprentice” and that he was caught on camera.

Rumors have for years swirled that such a tape exists.

[snip][end]

So - Omarosa - if these go back to Apprentice days and you knew about them then - it seems you didn't care back when you were supporting and working for Trump.

Sad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 am 
Board Emeritus

Prediction: Tom Arnold can stop looking. I believe these tapes exist, but she doesn't have access to them either. Even if found & played - outrage will explode on the pundit sphere for a few days and nothing will come of it, unfortunately.

Omarosa Claims Trump Repeatedly Used ‘N-Word’ During ‘The Apprentice’
The former White House aide’s forthcoming book “Unhinged” reportedly says the racial slurs were caught on tape.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/om ... 0743c91f2b

Former “Apprentice” contestant and White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman claims President Donald Trump repeatedly used “the N-word,” according to the Guardian, which obtained an advance copy of her forthcoming book.

Manigault Newman, who left the White House last year, says that Trump used the racial slur while taping “The Apprentice” and that he was caught on camera.

Rumors have for years swirled that such a tape exists.

[snip][end]

So - Omarosa - if these go back to Apprentice days and you knew about them then - it seems you didn't care back when you were supporting and working for Trump.

Sad.

She doesn’t really care. All she wants is attention and the monies that can potentially arise from it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:57 am 
Board Emeritus

She doesn’t really care. All she wants is attention and the monies that can potentially arise from it.

Absolutely. And regardless of what glen may think of any of the possible revelations on her book...there's nothing this attention whore can say about him that any half-conscious person in this country doesnt already know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:20 am 
Board Emeritus

Here's where we part ways, Libby. I've never stood in the shoes of a white christian confederate Trumper. Not for a nano-second. And I'm perfectly comfortable with saying they're all shit on a stick. Every fucking one of them.

You must be one of those tolerent openminded liberals.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 am 
Board Emeritus

How come you guys go around demanding tolerance and open-mindedness for your eliminationist, socially violent behavior?

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:17 am 
Board Emeritus

You betcha. I just know a nazi, when I see one.

You must be one of those nativist, nationalist, xenophobic, white nazi supremacist, Trumpers who doesnt have the integrity to just fucking admit it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am 
Policy Wonk

Says the Pathetic White Trash Racist who tolerates 45 and his Treason.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:37 am 
Policy Wonk

Nah, she was acceptable to them as long as she spouted the right correct words. As soon as she didn't then she became the angry black woman. The right loves useful idiots.

She is the Female version of Alan Keyes. A politically acceptable African-American Conservative who will be kicked under the bus as soon as her book hits the stands.

Glenfs posted about the Left's War On Women. Glenfs posted this after the Cosby Verdict "Gloria Allred is a media hound and an asshole. The most dangerous place to be is inbetween her and a microphone or camera". 04/27/2018.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

All I know of Omarosa is from the show. She was a backstabbing, conniving liar, with no thought or feeling beyond her own selfish interests.

You can see why Trump liked her so much.

However, that does make her book as suspect as anything Trump or Conway says. Again, we see the "brilliance" of Trump. If everyone you associate with also lacks basic credibility or character, nobody will ever know what to believe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, I've been spending a lot of time on the "NL Central Trash Talk" Facebook page. For whatever reason, it seems to be made up of mainly RW Trumpkin Cubs fans. I guess they congregate wherever they can.

They all love to stereotype huge groups. They love to talk about Muslims, black people, women, the disabled, etc. Then, if anyone makes any note of it, they immediately lash out. The discussion is never about their conduct, but always becomes about the person who is responding.

Finally, all the threads end with the initial speaker proudly declaring he (haven't seen a 'she' do this there yet) is an asshole and proud. He will say "I don't care" in regards to other people's beliefs, feelings, experiences, etc. It is like a badge of courage.

Then there is Ike, who does the same thing in reverse. He is essentially bragging about not giving a shit about anyone who disagrees with him. It probably wouldn't be so obvious, if I hadn't been watching RWers do the same thing as he does so frequently as of late. There is an irony there. Those who are the most vitriolically opposed to worldviews that are at odds with their own are ultimately mirrors of each other.

(Now Ike's instinct will be to lash out at me for commenting on this phenomenon, rather than trying to justify his claim that all those fellow Americans, every damn one of them, fits the admittedly ambiguous category of 'shit on a stick.')

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

She is the Female version of Alan Keyes. A politically acceptable African-American Conservative who will be kicked under the bus as soon as her book hits the stands.

Wasn't she already escorted from the building by security? They didn't wait for the book. She also claims she was offered a substantial NDA ($15,000/month annuity).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:51 am 
Board Emeritus

All I know of Omarosa is from the show. She was a backstabbing, conniving liar, with no thought or feeling beyond her own selfish interests.

You can see why Trump liked her so much.

However, that does make her book as suspect as anything Trump or Conway says. Again, we see the "brilliance" of Trump. If everyone you associate with also lacks basic credibility or character, nobody will ever know what to believe.

Hi Justin!

Don't disagree re:: your comments about her or her book. I did see something about her walking back her statement that Trump used the N-word on his show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:04 am 
Board Emeritus

(Now Ike's instinct will be to lash out at me for commenting on this phenomenon, rather than trying to justify his claim that all those fellow Americans, every damn one of them, fits the admittedly ambiguous category of 'shit on a stick.')

Well, OK...let me say this about that. It took about three days on this forum back in 2012, for me to figure out that I dont give a shit what you think about me personally (or my profession). But I do not understand why my opinions are so bothersome to you that you would spend this much time on one of them.

So...we both understand that we are basically on the same side in this battle for the culture. It's good enough for me, but for some deeply entrenched reason, not for you.

That's the way it goes. (Does this qualify for "lashing out"?)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:11 am 
Board Emeritus

To be honest, kids...why would anybody want to waste a nanosecond of their precious time reading this reeking turd? We already know what an utter waste of good air Donald is...we need help from Omarosa?

Ir reading Spicer's book, or Hillary's books, or Bernie's books.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:18 am 
Policy Wonk

She's still not invited to the cookout. #sorry

Why would someone born in Hawaii have a CT SSI number?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:27 am 
Board Emeritus

Well, OK...let me say this about that. It took about three days on this forum back in 2012, for me to figure out that I dont give a shit what you think about me personally (or my profession). But I do not understand why my opinions are so bothersome to you that you would spend this much time on one of them.

So...we both understand that we are basically on the same side in this battle for the culture. It's good enough for me, but for some deeply entrenched reason, not for you.

That's the way it goes. (Does this qualify for "lashing out"?)

I must say this - in the past Ike and I have had some battles. But to look at things, at the end of the day, Ike and I ARE fellow travelers, who want the same just world. And I think that's quite important. So, though sometimes I can't stand with Ike on an issue, or his posts, I work hard not to see or treat him as an enemy.

Justin and I have had the same problem. There's much about Justin and I that's alike - we're worriers - we're here to fight for what we believe in, and we're bulldogs - when we get something in our jaws, we don't want to let go. It's what makes up both good at what we do.

And the fact that there's just a couple of conservatives on this board to show to be fools, sometimes in looking for combat, we turn on our own.

But I'm tired of the circular firing squad, and these days I do make a serious attempt to back off of attacks at my fellow travelers. I'm not always successful at it, but I try.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:27 am 
Policy Wonk

Wasn't she already escorted from the building by security? They didn't wait for the book. She also claims she was offered a substantial NDA ($15,000/month annuity).

She and few others. She was politically acceptable until she wasn't.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:48 pm 
Board Emeritus

Justin and I have had the same problem. There's much about Justin and I that's alike - we're worriers - we're here to fight for what we believe in, and we're bulldogs - when we get something in our jaws, we don't want to let go. It's what makes up both good at what we do.

If George Orwell had written a novel about this forum he would have said, "All RFL members are intelligent, but some think they are more intelligent than others."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next