JFK - 60 Years Ago Today

News and events of the day
Number6

JFK - 60 Years Ago Today

Post by Number6 »

Sixty years ago today the nation lost its president to an assassin. Some of the poster on this board may be too young to remember that date or it happened before they were born. I remember it for I was sitting in a 7th grade algebra course in Trumbull, Connecticut, when the school principal announced over the PA system that the president had been shot and had died. Like the rest of the students in the class we were shocked and stunned by the news. I think our reaction was because we hadn't experience anything like that in our lives before and we didn't know how to react.

Where were you on November 22, 1963?
When you vote left, you vote right.
gounion

Re: JFK - 60 Years Ago Today

Post by gounion »

Number6 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:27 pm Sixty years ago today the nation lost its president to an assassin. Some of the poster on this board may be too young to remember that date or it happened before they were born. I remember it for I was sitting in a 7th grade algebra course in Trumbull, Connecticut, when the school principal announced over the PA system that the president had been shot and had died. Like the rest of the students in the class we were shocked and stunned by the news. I think our reaction was because we hadn't experience anything like that in our lives before and we didn't know how to react.

Where were you on November 22, 1963?
Too young to remember. Now, RFK I remember.
bradman

Post by bradman »

i was 5 at the time. Mom and Dad had bought a run down shack for 5 grand and started what would be a 25 year renovation. Mom and i were tearing down the wall between the kitchen and dining area that day. We had just gotten our first tv (an old black and white with no channel knob) and i happened to be more interested in what came after Casey Jones. i remember not liking the interruptions in programming. i remember Mom quitting the task at hand and sitting down to watch the interruptions. i remember thinking something was wrong when she started crying uncontrollably. i remember thinking it odd that Dad all of a sudden showed up from his second job. He never missed work. Now both he and my Mom are glued to the tv. i watched and tried to understand why they were so upset, but i really didn't get it at the time. The thing that cemented in my mind was seeing my father cry for the first time.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ap215

Post by ap215 »

I along with my younger sister wasn't born yet but my parents older brother & sister were around at that time they were out of the country when John was shot my older sister was 2 years old & my brother was 1 i've watched the clips on YouTube Sam Pate a reporter for KBOX Radio still gives me chills with that haunted line "It appears that something has happened in the motorcade" unbelievable reporting Bill Mercer who worked at KRLD is still here he's 97 years old now i watched him when he did WCCW i also watch the clip when Lee Harvey Oswald was shot by Jack Ruby he was a liar claiming that JFK was his hero when he shot him sadly nowadays with no gun control reform anyone in this world is a target with a gun or rifle.