Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: The Mystery of Q
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:31 am 
Board Emeritus

I agree with that point. In arguing with 9/11 truthers, I found empirical facts against their theories rarely dissuaded them.

But, as I often note, I'm not trying to convince them. I offer facts for those who are willing to listen to them; obviously, they don't work on those who won't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Jews, of course, are the universal People Not Like Us. "... and everybody hates the Jews." -Tom Lehrer.

The red X is the best thing that ever happened on twitter. Shows who to mute or block. They make it so easy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:50 am 
Board Emeritus

California Wildfire Suspect Posted About QAnon, Other Conspiracies
“This place is going to burn,” Forrest Clark allegedly texted a volunteer fire chief two weeks before the fire.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ca ... 32af97e953

A man arrested on Tuesday in connection with a devastating wildfire in Southern California is a conspiracy theorist who posted videos about satanic rituals and QAnon.

“This place is going to burn,” Forrest Clark, 51, allegedly texted a volunteer fire chief two weeks before an inferno enveloped Orange County, burning nearly 20,000 acres and destroying 12 homes.

[snip]

On his Facebook page, Clark had posted dozens of videos spanning years delving into absurd conspiracies, including beliefs that Satanists run amok and control the world. He believed Pizzagate is real (it’s not, but it did lead to a seriously dangerous situation) and more recently that someone deep within the U.S. intelligence community is posting clues to troll boards, including 4chan and 8chan, about a coming political reckoning.

The latter, referred to as QAnon, has suckered legions of conspiracy-minded parties to believe that President Donald Trump is secretly busting a massive pedophile ring. They also believe the president will be liberated from all suspicion in special counsel Robert Mueller’s FBI investigation into Russia’s possible influence on the 2016 presidential election.

As HuffPost reporter Andy Campbell has pointed out, the conspiracy has led to real-world consequences. In June, a man armed with an AR-15 drove an armored vehicle onto the bridge near the Hoover Dam in Nevada where he had a standoff with police before officers arrested him. While blocking traffic, he held up a sign that read “Release the OIG report,” which QAnon had recently been posting about.

Clark’s arrest earlier this week once again puts the spotlight on the possible real impact of conspiracies.

Clark allegedly started the fire following a dispute with Milligan. Two weeks ago, he came to Milligan’s home to return items he “borrowed” from the fire department, the volunteer fire chief said.

“I said, ’I want nothing to do with you, Forrest. Just go,’” Milligan said, according to CNN. “He was being gentlemanly in the beginning, and turned and then swore at me, and turned and left and was quoting the Bible. Later, he came back and told me what a jerk I was and everyone was after him.”

“The place is going to burn just like you planned,” Clark later texted, according to Milligan.

[snip][end]

Like Pizzagate, QAnon is increasingly ... getting real(ly bad). :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

California Wildfire Suspect Posted About QAnon, Other Conspiracies
“This place is going to burn,” Forrest Clark allegedly texted a volunteer fire chief two weeks before the fire.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ca ... 32af97e953

A man arrested on Tuesday in connection with a devastating wildfire in Southern California is a conspiracy theorist who posted videos about satanic rituals and QAnon.

“This place is going to burn,” Forrest Clark, 51, allegedly texted a volunteer fire chief two weeks before an inferno enveloped Orange County, burning nearly 20,000 acres and destroying 12 homes.

[snip]

On his Facebook page, Clark had posted dozens of videos spanning years delving into absurd conspiracies, including beliefs that Satanists run amok and control the world. He believed Pizzagate is real (it’s not, but it did lead to a seriously dangerous situation) and more recently that someone deep within the U.S. intelligence community is posting clues to troll boards, including 4chan and 8chan, about a coming political reckoning.

The latter, referred to as QAnon, has suckered legions of conspiracy-minded parties to believe that President Donald Trump is secretly busting a massive pedophile ring. They also believe the president will be liberated from all suspicion in special counsel Robert Mueller’s FBI investigation into Russia’s possible influence on the 2016 presidential election.

As HuffPost reporter Andy Campbell has pointed out, the conspiracy has led to real-world consequences. In June, a man armed with an AR-15 drove an armored vehicle onto the bridge near the Hoover Dam in Nevada where he had a standoff with police before officers arrested him. While blocking traffic, he held up a sign that read “Release the OIG report,” which QAnon had recently been posting about.

Clark’s arrest earlier this week once again puts the spotlight on the possible real impact of conspiracies.

Clark allegedly started the fire following a dispute with Milligan. Two weeks ago, he came to Milligan’s home to return items he “borrowed” from the fire department, the volunteer fire chief said.

“I said, ’I want nothing to do with you, Forrest. Just go,’” Milligan said, according to CNN. “He was being gentlemanly in the beginning, and turned and then swore at me, and turned and left and was quoting the Bible. Later, he came back and told me what a jerk I was and everyone was after him.”

“The place is going to burn just like you planned,” Clark later texted, according to Milligan.

[snip][end]

Like Pizzagate, QAnon is increasingly ... getting real(ly bad). :evil:

To borrow from Parke Godwin: (regarding humans) "I would say they are technically brilliant, emotionally primitive and not a few of them quite mad."

We are seeing more and more of that toxic mix.

If this guy actually started the fire he needs to go away permanently.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

"This place is going to burn" means little out of context. I don't think a legal case for criminal intent can be based on that alone. People have been saying that about L.A. hills for decades, but they aren't arsonists.

This guy sounds really off his nut. There's probably other evidence we don't know about.

Agreed that conspiracism is out of hand. Internet gives it fuel, the way 5-year droughts do for fires. It's the net version of The Dark Side in the Star Wars universe.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

I'm sure others have had this feeling too, but have any of you considered that these people--Q, Bannon, Trump himself, and the many many others, are really people who read too many Marvel and DC comics and took the fantasy too seriously? The very outrageous characteristics of their various claims, beliefs, actions seems awfully similar to watching a few episodes of The Flash--minus the actual superpowers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, I would say if "Q" exists he is some kind of real-life "James Bond" as the archetype, but of course, I doubt he does. Though there may be one or more people pretending to be him.

I'm not really sure if they are actual alt-rightists, or just some folks who, like Stephen Colbert pretending to be someone on the right, are just having some fun at other peoples' expense.

Anyway, people say CTs are harmless. Well, no, they are not. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion led to genocide, as Norman Cohn famously argued.

Pizzagate wasn't harmless, and now that "QAnon" devotees are bringing weapons on dams and starting fires, they are not harmless, either.

Quite a few hosts have found it really funny these people believe Trump is some kind of hero fighting vast deep-state based networks of pedophiles, given his own ... odd ... behavior toward his own daughter, and teen beauty contestants.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, I would say if "Q" exists he is some kind of real-life "James Bond" as the archetype, but of course, I doubt he does. Though there may be one or more people pretending to be him.

I'm not really sure if they are actual alt-rightists, or just some folks who, like Stephen Colbert pretending to be someone on the right, are just having some fun at other peoples' expense.

Anyway, people say CTs are harmless. Well, no, they are not. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion led to genocide, as Norman Cohn famously argued.

Pizzagate wasn't harmless, and now that "QAnon" devotees are bringing weapons on dams and starting fires, they are not harmless, either.

Quite a few hosts have found it really funny these people believe Trump is some kind of hero fighting vast deep-state based networks of pedophiles, given his own ... odd ... behavior toward his own daughter, and teen beauty contestants.

Words matter. Bernays certainly knew that.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.